Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #18-24 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 18, Number 24 Thursday, 24 June 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Annabouboula CD - Linnell plays on it!!! Re: TMBG: Annabouboula CD - Linnell plays on it!!! Re: NON-TMBG: Austin Powers Re: TMBG: The 'EDIT' in that one Istanbul Remix Re: NON-TMBG: Austin Powers Re: TMBG: Coincidences between TMBG and word.com Re: NON-TMBG: Austin Powers Re: TMBG: The 'EDIT' in that one Istanbul Remix TMBG: another simpson reference Re: TMBG: another simpson reference Re: TMBG: another simpson reference Re: TMBG: another simpson reference Re: TMBG: another simpson reference TMBG: They Might Be Jar Jar Re: TMBG: They Might Be Jar Jar TMBG: Another TMBG reference in my dreams Re: TMBG: another simpson reference Re: TMBG: As if you care, my pics Re: NON-TMBG: Austin Powers Re: TMBG: another simpson reference Re: TMBG: They Might Be Jar Jar Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <445F423C4F7BD211893900A0C9E45641349EC1@mail.schicktech.com> From: Robert Plass Subject: TMBG: Annabouboula CD - Linnell plays on it!!! Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:25:14 -0400 Hello exquisite living people, As you all know from memorizing the TMBG discography, John Linnell plays accordion and organ on Annabouboula's 1988 album, "Hamam". "Hamam" was reissued on CD under "In the Baths of Constantinople" in 1990. John Linnell plays organ on track 6, "Let's go to Jail", and accordion on track 7, "I'm not a little girl". It's all modern Greek folk music, and the lyrics are all in Greek. It's pretty cool. One of the guys in Annabouboula, Chris, was a former roommate of JSL and also was one of the "Cowtown" authoring triumvirate, along with JSL and JCF, and Chris was also responsible for the translation of Greek #3 into Greek. Chris also played with Flansburgh in the Turtlenecks, pre-TMBG. The "In the Baths of Constantinople" CD is really hard to find, but I was able to get a copy from www.ab-cd.com . They're the only ones on-line who seem to have it in stock. I've also seen the 1988 Hamam LP available from one other on-line vendor, but those are used copies. Also, I've had a bad experience with that vendor, so I don't feel compelled to advertise them. So, since you're all rabid TMBG collectors, go get this rare TMBG- related album quickly before all the Greek folk music people snaggle up all the copies!!! Love, Rob Plass --- ----- P.S. I don't work for www.ab-cd.com or anything, I'm just helping fellow TMBG collectors find cool TMBG stuff. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990623164333.78952.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: Annabouboula CD - Linnell plays on it!!! Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:43:32 PDT Robert Plass wrote: >One of the guys in Annabouboula, Chris, was a former roommate of >JSL and also was one of the "Cowtown" authoring triumvirate, along >with JSL and JCF, and Chris was also responsible for the translation >of >Greek #3 into Greek. Really? I thought that "Cowtown" was solely a Linnellian composition. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "The cow's a friend to me" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:46:56 -0400 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Austin Powers Message-ID: <19990623.170233.-71779.1.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:33:46 EDT DKocar@aol.com writes: >Ok. If Scott was indeed a love child between Dr. Evil and Frau, that >only >happened after Dr. Evil drank Austin Power's MoJo. So, in the first >movie, >Dr. Evil hadn't yet drank the MoJo, so he probably wouldn't have uh, >"shagged," Frau. Or had he? But in the first past in the first movie >I >don't think Dr. Evil would have found Frau attractive because he >didn't have >the MoJo. Yet Scott still existed. Though I guess you could say Dr. >Evil >did drink the MoJo before the first movie, because all of what >happened in >the 60's in the second movie technically happened before the first >movie? Or >maybe the first movie was on a different space-time continum and had a > >different past all together. > >This is very perplexing, and I guess it's one of those things we're >not >supposed to worry about. and to think that Jay Roach is directing the new Hitchhiker's movie :) > >Diana Mysterio Gal (I am the God of fudge) "This iron horse only goes around and around a man made duck pond in dummyland now!" --Crosley Bendix MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:00:33 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: The 'EDIT' in that one Istanbul Remix Message-ID: <19990623.170233.-71779.2.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 23:21:41 -0600 (MDT) Jim Kuemmerle writes: >On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Mitchell Harding wrote: > >> It definitely is. I didn't believe it, until I was shown the >evidence. I >> think it's off Rhythm Nation. As are "This is a recording" and >"You're not >> taping this, are you?" > which reminds me, a local jewlry store who always has really annoying comercials, is having a white tornado sale >i always thought the "you're not taping this, are you?" was from this >PSA >commercial about some idiot who's capturing on camcorder his family's >descent into the storm cellar during a tornado's approach, hence the >catchy juxtaposition with the "white tornado" stuff... > >--jim kuemmerle, who's a *real* tornado, and is not in new york city, >baby... > Mysterio Gal (who hates local small business comercials that call for severe homicidal tendencies) "This iron horse only goes around and around a man made duck pond in dummyland now!" --Crosley Bendix MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 >j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu >http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ > ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:43:04 -0400 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Austin Powers Message-ID: <19990623.170232.-71779.0.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:31:42 -0400 (EDT) Matt James writes: >> On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: >> >> > While we're on the subject of ridiculous nit-picking, however, I >did wonder >> > why, if Scott was the result of the 1969 union of Dr. Evil and >Frau >> > Whatshername, he wasn't older... >> >> but nathan, he's older now! >> >Older than he's ever been. >Perhaps Frau went forward in time after the baby was born and >delivered Scott, as a baby, to Dr. Evil's cronies prior to him >being unfrozen in 1997. There was a time travel device in the 60s >afterall. She then could have gone back to the 60s to leave her >90s self in charge, and unaware, of Scott. Either that, or she >knew all along but chose not to tell Scott until they went on >Springer. >What a confusing, strange story! >/Matt maybe, she froze herself until the late 70's and had the baby then. I mean, the 80's was the BEST decade to be raised in ;) And there isn't much difference in age between her in the 60's and the 90's Mysterio Gal (I am the God of fudge) "This iron horse only goes around and around a man made duck pond in dummyland now!" --Crosley Bendix MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990623213808.49066.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Miss Karen Subject: Re: TMBG: Coincidences between TMBG and word.com Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:38:07 PDT I used to do paste-up at New York Press a few years ago and both Tony Millionaire and Michael Kupperman came in at least once a week to drop off illustrations. Tony dropped off Maakies and Mike did illos for a weekly column. I think they were friends. So I don't think it's a coincidence they both did stuff for TMBG. I don't know Brian Dewan though. And when I looked at word.com's site, I saw quite a few artists there that also illustrate for the Press (about nine!) A lot of them are Brooklyn artists. I remember asking Tony once how he came to do stuff for TMBG. I was just starting to get into them (back in '96) but my memory is a little fuzzy. I think he said he knew someone in the band who showed the Johns his stuff and They liked it. Tony didn't care too much for Their music, saying he prefers classical. Off the topic but thanks to all who answered my Sharpie sig query. I will try the tinfoil method tonight (just to be on the safe side.) -Karen From: Joe Teagno <99teajoe@hawken.edu> Subject: TMBG: Coincidences between TMBG and word.com I've noticed three TMBG-related things appearing on word.com, and this seems a little unusual. First, the Tony Millionaire comics. I had known about him (until recently) only from the drinking bird shot glasses and shirts. Then I saw an animated sketch on SNL. That's when I first learned about word.com. I've been reading Tony Millionaire's comics ever since. In the meantime, I got hooked on a another artist's work, namely Michael Kupperman, who does some really incredible stuff. (more about this later.) Second, several weeks ago, word.com featured an interactive filmstrip called "A Little Girl and Boy" by none other than Brian Dewain. This severely freaked me out. Furthermroe the art in this piece looked similar to the "Love" shirt by Brian Dewain advertised in the new catalog. (I've been told that there is a biographical blurb about him, but I don't have graphical access.) The address for this feature is: http://www.word.com/features99/girlandboy/ And speaking of the new catalog, Michael Kupperman is the artist of another new shirt the one that shows two children on the front and a flying carpet on the back. He, too, is a featured artist on word.com. You can find stuff by both Tony Millionaire and Michael Kupperman by going to http://www.word.com/komix/ and selecting "Archive by Author" Does anyone have any thoughts about these frightening coincidences? (And if anyone out there is a word.com AND a TMBG fan, drop me a line. Because when the universe explodes, we will be the ones throwin' the best parties.) Joe _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990623220353.40782.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Austin Powers Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:03:52 PDT Claire V Gray wrote: >On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:33:46 EDT DKocar@aol.com writes: > >Ok. If Scott was indeed a love child between Dr. Evil and Frau, > >that > >only > >happened after Dr. Evil drank Austin Power's MoJo. So, in the > >first > >movie, > >Dr. Evil hadn't yet drank the MoJo, so he probably wouldn't have > >uh, > >"shagged," Frau. Or had he? But in the first past in the first > >movie > >I > >don't think Dr. Evil would have found Frau attractive because he > >didn't have > >the MoJo. Yet Scott still existed. Though I guess you could say > >Dr. > >Evil > >did drink the MoJo before the first movie, because all of what > >happened in > >the 60's in the second movie technically happened before the first > >movie? Or > >maybe the first movie was on a different space-time continum and > >had a >different past all together. > > > >This is very perplexing, and I guess it's one of those things we're > >not > >supposed to worry about. > >and to think that Jay Roach is directing the new Hitchhiker's movie I don't think the Campaign for Real Time would be too happy with Dr. Evil. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "The past is now truly like a foreign country. They do things exactly the same there" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19990623221042.01945538@pop-server.austin.rr.com> Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 18:10:42 -0400 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: The 'EDIT' in that one Istanbul Remix At 11:21 PM 6/22/99 -0600, you wrote: >On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Mitchell Harding wrote: > >> It definitely is. I didn't believe it, until I was shown the evidence. I >> think it's off Rhythm Nation. As are "This is a recording" and "You're not >> taping this, are you?" > >i always thought the "you're not taping this, are you?" was from this PSA >commercial about some idiot who's capturing on camcorder his family's >descent into the storm cellar during a tornado's approach, hence the >catchy juxtaposition with the "white tornado" stuff... 'fraid not. I heard the evidence myself. Unless Janet Jackson got it from there. Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html "The only people for me are the mad ones: mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." - Jack Kerouac ------------------------------ From: Tmbg4life@aol.com Message-ID: <8f2129cf.24a2c27d@aol.com> Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:06:37 EDT Subject: TMBG: another simpson reference Well I probably wasn't on the list when this episode aired but it is the one where bart and milhouse are throwing stuff off the bridge onto hiway traffic (My favorite pastime) and they wonder what everyone in springfield does in a day and the episode goes into a pulp fiction type thing. Well anyway onto the subject at hand. In the little bit where homer gets maggie stuck in a newspaper vending machine type thingy. One of the headlines is "Deadbeat Dad beat dead" and i just lit up like o my god a Palindrome. Just like the song I palindrome I. Well if you already know this then just ignore it. Well i got to go order stuff from my first TMBG catalog. Peace David "Call me mini me" Schmidt ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001601bebdd0$281a1dc0$4b42dfd1@oemcomputer> From: "Jared Trouth" Subject: Re: TMBG: another simpson reference Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 18:28:48 -0500 This is neither a refrence or a palindrome, neither is I Palindrome I for that matter. A palindrome is SPELLED the same backwards and forwards; 'Man O Nam' and, 'Go Hang A Salami I'm A Lasagna Hog' for example. Nice try though :) -- Jared "Eating The Head On The Opposite Side" Trouth phish@pdnt.com ICQ: 31441732 ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 1999 6:06 PM Subject: TMBG: another simpson reference > Well I probably wasn't on the list when this episode aired but it is the one > where bart and milhouse are throwing stuff off the bridge onto hiway traffic > (My favorite pastime) and they wonder what everyone in springfield does in a > day and the episode goes into a pulp fiction type thing. Well anyway onto > the subject at hand. In the little bit where homer gets maggie stuck in a > newspaper vending machine type thingy. One of the headlines is "Deadbeat Dad > beat dead" and i just lit up like o my god a Palindrome. Just like the song > I palindrome I. Well if you already know this then just ignore it. Well i > got to go order stuff from my first TMBG catalog. Peace > > David "Call me mini me" Schmidt ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19990623234013.00ecf4f8@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:40:13 -0400 From: SpiderJen Subject: Re: TMBG: another simpson reference > This is neither a refrence or a palindrome, neither is I Palindrome I for >that matter. A palindrome is SPELLED the same backwards and forwards; 'Man O >Nam' and, 'Go Hang A Salami I'm A Lasagna Hog' for example. >Nice try though :) Actually, although that's correct for a _traditional_ palindrome, it is also possible to have palindromic phrases, like "I Palindrome I" and "Deadbeat Dad Beat Dead". I wouldn't say it has anything to do with TMBG, though. - Jen "not a walrus" / SpiderEyes ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:25:58 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: another simpson reference In a message dated 06.23.99 07.16.56 PM, Tmbg4life@aol.com writes: <> mm, no it's not. racecar is a palindrome. sarah ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 20:32:24 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: another simpson reference Message-ID: <19990623.203234.17374.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Spider Eyes (she is our hero!): >Actually, although that's correct for a _traditional_ palindrome, it is also >possible to have palindromic phrases, like "I Palindrome I" and "Deadbeat >Dad Beat Dead". Isn't there a specific word for palindromic phrases? Something that starts with a "homo" prefix, like homonym or homophone or something. >I wouldn't say it has anything to do with TMBG, though. Oh cool, this'll be just like the Futurama thing. Matt Groening always causes the most heated discussion around here. ever-sincere, eriKa, the english teacher inside me weeps. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199906240035.UAA50714@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 20:36:50 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: TMBG: They Might Be Jar Jar Some titles of TMBG songs as spoken by Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars, according to a website I found that translates the stuff: Don-nuh Let's Start Mynokhouse in You-sa Soul Hey Mr. DJ Mee-sa Thought You-sa say Wee-sa Had A Deal Hi Wee-sa're the Replacements The Statue Got Mee-sa High Mee-sa Palindrome Mee-sa Otoh Gunga (Was New York City)? I had it translate my webpage. For some reason, it always translates "John" into "Obi-Wan", as in "Obi-Wan Flansburgh an' Obi-Wan Linnell". It always translates my name, Jason, into "Sebulba" :) Some other humorous translations that came from my webpage: "Lincoln- Regarda by many as the maxi-okiday TMBG album ever." "Apollo 18- Really sounds okiday in random mode because of the multi-tracka "Fingertips"." "Obi-Wan Henry- The first full-band album an' one of my personal favorites. Live drumm-a, bassist, an' horn section joins the Johns." (didn't translate the plural!) "Why don-nuh you-sa sign mee-sa Guestbook or email mee-sa?" I found all of this highly amusing, I hope you all did too. BTW, the URL is http://www.hit-n-run.com/jarjar.html --Jason-- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990624012919.88698.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Jar Jar Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 18:29:19 PDT Jason Fickley wrote: >For some reason, it always translates "John" >into "Obi-Wan", as in "Obi-Wan Flansburgh an' Obi-Wan Linnell". Maybe "Obi-Wan" is "John" in some old Jedi dialect or something. If that's true, though, why did Obi-Wan Kenobi go by Ben Kenobi, rather than John Kenobi? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Help me, John Kenobi" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990624013228.9809.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: TMBG: Another TMBG reference in my dreams Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 18:32:28 PDT I seem to be dreaming quite a bit about the band recently. Last night, I had a dream in which They were mentioned. I can't remember very many of the details, but I had asked some woman (a nurse, I think) if she was a TMBG fan. I'm not really sure why I had asked that, though. I think she might have referred to Them at some point. It turned out that she hated the band, and I received a letter explaining why. Not the most interesting dream, certainly, but it was TMBG-related. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "I'll see you in my dreams" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 23:04:19 -0700 From: Sarah Subject: Re: TMBG: another simpson reference Message-id: <3771CA63.122@wmich.edu> So, it's a WORD palidrome (phrase, whatever...) It's still a type of Palindrome, such as my all time favourite in the song: "Son I am able she said though you scare me Watch said I Beloved I said watch me scare you though said she able am I Son." I love that palindrome! And I felt so proud when I discovered it.... its like the coolest thing They ever wrote! ~Sarah *Egad! A base tone denotes a bad age!* > > This is neither a refrence or a palindrome, neither is I Palindrome I for > that matter. A palindrome is SPELLED the same backwards and forwards; 'Man O > Nam' and, 'Go Hang A Salami I'm A Lasagna Hog' for example. > Nice try though :) > > -- > Jared "Eating The Head On The Opposite Side" Trouth > phish@pdnt.com > ICQ: 31441732 > > > Well I probably wasn't on the list when this episode aired but it is the > one > > where bart and milhouse are throwing stuff off the bridge onto hiway > traffic > > (My favorite pastime) and they wonder what everyone in springfield does in > a > > day and the episode goes into a pulp fiction type thing. Well anyway onto > > the subject at hand. In the little bit where homer gets maggie stuck in a > > newspaper vending machine type thingy. One of the headlines is "Deadbeat > Dad > > beat dead" and i just lit up like o my god a Palindrome. Just like the > song > > I palindrome I. Well if you already know this then just ignore it. Well > i > > got to go order stuff from my first TMBG catalog. Peace > > > > David "Call me mini me" Schmidt ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 23:09:56 -0700 From: Sarah Subject: Re: TMBG: As if you care, my pics Message-id: <3771CBB4.56C8@wmich.edu> > > > ~Sarah, who just spent 8 long hours studying for > > Chemistry.... Yeech! > > > ALLRIGHT! Way to go! Chemistry -- YEAH!!! But don't you > think 8 hours is a little skimpy? I always recommend 10 - > 12 hours a day. Bah! 8hrs is a sheer max for me, and it will NEVER HAPPEN AGAN! At least for Chem.... Hooray Hooray I'm done with Chem. Forever!!! And I even passed the class (thank god...) ~Sarah, who's happy with her "C" ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 23:11:18 -0700 From: Sarah Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Austin Powers Message-id: <3771CC06.7AA6@wmich.edu> Jim Kuemmerle wrote: > > On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > > > While we're on the subject of ridiculous nit-picking, however, I did wonder > > why, if Scott was the result of the 1969 union of Dr. Evil and Frau > > Whatshername, he wasn't older... > > but nathan, he's older now! And now he's even older.... ~Sarah, who's latest fav. TMBG song just happens to be Older! ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 01:43:21 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: another simpson reference In a message dated 99-06-23 20:30:26 EDT, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: << Oh cool, this'll be just like the Futurama thing. Matt Groening always causes the most heated discussion around here.>> I'm still a firm believer in the hall of heads! << ever-sincere, eriKa, the english teacher inside me weeps.>> Ever-ignorant, bAt, the human soul inside me suffers. << "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden >> "There's two ways to reach the top: Climb the ladder, or claw and scratch. It's been hell on my fingers." Jack Nicholson ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <312922a5.24a32102@aol.com> Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 01:49:54 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Jar Jar In a message dated 99-06-23 21:30:48 EDT, xornom@hotmail.com writes: << Maybe "Obi-Wan" is "John" in some old Jedi dialect or something. If that's true, though, why did Obi-Wan Kenobi go by Ben Kenobi, rather than John Kenobi? >> Or better yet... why isn't he known as Obi? Then he could be called the Obi-zer. (Old geezer). Yeah, its a stretch, but so is calling him Ben. Now which one makes the more sense? <> May the dark have a firm grasp on your heart, David Alan "You-sa me-sa only hope" Cherry Batbrain99@aol.com http://members.aol.com/batbrain99/index.html ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #18-24 ******************************