Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #18-27 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 18, Number 27 Sunday, 27 June 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: another simpson reference Re: TMBG:Long Tall Weekend Re: TMBG: simpsons reference RE: TMBG: another simpson reference Re: TMBG: simpsons reference TMBG: Severe Tire Damage Reference Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 01:50:15 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: another simpson reference Message-ID: <19990626.021827.-887345.0.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray > However, if _I_ ever made a cartoon, I'd make an episode where the > main > character, Mr. Me and his dog, Istanbulldog (who is trying to escape > the > horrors of youth culture), would dig a hole to the other side of the > earth > and discover Mr. Me's long lost love, Ana Ng. Mr. Me eventually > realizes > that she's an angel, and would promptly decide that he doesn't want > to make a > commitment to this unearthly creature. She keeps calling him at > work, where > he is a copy shop clerk, and he would narrow his eyes. "Don't let's > start!" > Mr. Me would exclaim, and Ana would decide Mr. Me isn't worth her > time > anymore, and fall for a Doctor. He's not a real doctor, but she > doesn't > mind. They go on to live happily, and Mr. Me is sadly sent off to > war, where > he perishes in the pencil rain. Wow! He did end up sad! :P > > I could go on forever... but I'll stop now. :-) > > > Diana Mysterio Gal (I am the God of fudge) "This iron horse only goes around and around a man made duck pond in dummyland now!" --Crosley Bendix MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 02:10:35 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG:Long Tall Weekend Message-ID: <19990626.021830.-887345.1.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray God, this is goin' to sound terrible, I'm feelin' really guity right now... Ummm, as a person not as privilaged as fellow internet users (i.e. no hard drive space, crap-ass speakers, no MP3 playes (see lack of drive space and crap-ass speakers), and no credit card) I hope someone on the list, who has all the needed supplies, and plans on using them to get the MP3 album, AND has a CD burner, gives the charitable gift of The Long Tall Weekend CD into my humbled hands. I can pay for the cost of the blank CD and postage. I really feel bad about stealing from our friends, the Johns, but, I'm really excited about this album, and this is the only way I can possibly experience it. Please help out a listee in need *gives the big-eyed listee look* Mysterio Gal (I am the God of fudge) "This iron horse only goes around and around a man made duck pond in dummyland now!" --Crosley Bendix MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990626142907.91502.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: simpsons reference Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 07:29:07 PDT Keem Bearlee wrote: >Wasn't there a list on the fridge that said "Dumb Things I Gotta Do"? > >Yeah, it could also just be a writer that likes TMBG. Conan O'Brien used >to >write for the Simpsons... Not that long ago. The note appeared in the first season episode "Homer's Odyssey," and re-appeared in the second season episode "One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish." I could look up the writers for those episodes, but I don't think it's that important. Conan wrote for the show during the fourth and fifth seasons. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Poison, poison, poison, tasty fish!" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: "Lee Steel" Subject: RE: TMBG: another simpson reference Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 12:20:55 -0700 Message-ID: Well another copy of "I Palindrome I' CD Single just left e-bay with a pricetag of $37! ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 20:47:45 -0700 From: Sarah Subject: Re: TMBG: simpsons reference Message-id: <37759EE1.7EEB@wmich.edu> > << Wasn't there a list on the fridge that said "Dumb Things I Gotta Do"? >> > > Homer writes a suicide letter on a note pad that says "Dumb things I gotta do > today" Hey... it's like that "Memo to Self" reference in a different episode ~Sarah, who fully realizes that that episode had nothing to do with TMBG... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <006d01bec04f$8f270100$28d4fea9@rma.edu> From: "Tim Clark" Subject: TMBG: Severe Tire Damage Reference Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 23:45:53 -0400 Don't know if this has been mentioned before but in the movie Mrs. Doubtfire, when Robin Williams is pretending to be a weird nanny calling on the phone, he says that he was once in the band "Severe Tire Damage." Yeah, I KNOW the movie came out before Severe Tire Damage did, but I thought it was pretty cool anyway... --Tim ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #18-27 ******************************