Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #18-5 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 18, Number 5 Saturday, 5 June 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: 42 sightings, etc. TMBG: misc. stuff TMBG: Re: www.goodnoise.com / std / fairfax, et cetera TMBG: Re: www.goodnoise.com / std / fairfax, et cetera TMBG: Re: www.goodnoise.com / std / fairfax, et cetera TMBG: Some new info on the Fastlane Show in Asbury Park, NJ TMBG: 42 Re: TMBG: Re: www.goodnoise.com / std / fairfax, et cetera RE: TMBG: Re: www.goodnoise.com / std / fairfax, et cetera Re: TMBG: Re: www.goodnoise.com / std / fairfax, et cetera TMBG: Re: The Fastlane Show TMBG: TMBG and BFF Re: TMBG: TMBG and BFF Re: TMBG: Re: A little bit of everything Re: TMBG: misc. stuff Re: TMBG: misc. stuff TMBG: old news? Re: TMBG: old news? Re: TMBG: old news? TMBG: Newbie and a question Re: TMBG: Newbie and a question Re: TMBG: old news? Re: TMBG: Newbie and a question Re: TMBG: Newbie and a question TMBG: Re: Newbie and a question Re: TMBG: old news? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Tryanglmn@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 07:10:16 EDT Subject: TMBG: 42 sightings, etc. First of all, for whoever asked, I'll be going to the 6/11 show at the fairfx fair. If you need to talk, e-mail me personally at ( Tryanglmn@aol.com). In other news: Here are some 42 sightings I've Found. 1. In X-files Mulders appartment door does have the number 42 on it. 2. The game of RISK has exactly 42 countries on the board. 3. The book Catch 22 by Joseph Heller has 42 chapters. 4. And the most exciting one I've found, if you take the number of the letter in the alpbabet of TMBG and add them , guess what you get, T- is the 20th letter in the alphabet M- is the 13th B- is the 2nd G- is the 7th 20+13+2+7= 42 AWESOME! So the power and influence of TMBG realy does span the length and width of all time and space! Chris (Tryanglmn@aol.com) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990604120223.82689.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Crystal Cooper Subject: TMBG: misc. stuff Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 05:02:17 PDT hi everyone Sarah said: << It's funny you should say that cuz like, a couple weeks ago I posted the same revelation, only reversed (I thought the ultimate sacrifice reminded me of the planet of the apes) But of course it was a pointless email, so I doubt anyone even read it....... >> actually, yes, i did notice that, but i couldn't remember who wrote it. but i didn't steal your thought, "escape" has always reminded me of the ultimate sacrifice from the first time i heard it. Anastasia E. Hunt said: << Crystal, your sister does go awful far to annoy you. How old is she?>> she's 16. so am i. she's my (evil) twin. nathan said: <<"We apologize for the inconvenience" isn't the question. It's God's Final Message To His Creation. You can't know both the question and the answer, according to Prak.>> i haven't read the guide in a long time. it's confusing enough to begin with, and my memory is not too good when it comes to book or movie plots, i tend to get them all jumbled up in my mind. i apologize for the incorrectness. nathan also said: <> well, i've never heard it live, so i didn't know that. Crystal ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ "every little child learns if you can't see dreams your eyes are blind" - moxy fruvous e-mail me: DrPyser@tmbg.org Coming Up For Air - Crystal's Ben Folds Five page: http://members.xoom.com/DrPyser265/bf5/index.html ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 11:02:25 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: www.goodnoise.com / std / fairfax, et cetera Message-ID: <19990604.110228.4718.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Recapping a moment; me: >While on the topic of live albums, I think that >my favorite live album is a Ben Folds Five import called Domo! Ben-Chan >Desu! It's nifty. And then Adam, who secretly may be my cousin for all I know, what with the same name and all...: >I didn't think anyone outside of record stores used "import" to describe >bootlegs. ;-) Huh? I'm confused. It isn't really "bootleg" so to speak, but it is an import - it's from Japan, hence the Domo and all. It's a double CD recording some Japanese radio station did of some Ben Folds Five shows they played there in '97, so it's, like, an authorized thing, I think... I dunno, it may not be. It lacks any sort of liner notes, and on the track listing on the back, some of the songs are spelled wrong - One Angry Dfarf, one "unknown" track which is Emaline, Jacson Connery... but it does have Kane-Kaese, which is Song for the Dumped sung in Japanese. >My favorite "import" would be "Video Killed The Radio Star" >by the Presidents of the United States of America. It's from some show in >Amsterdam, I think. Brilliant performance, although I know that band isn't >too well-liked on this particular list. I've heard them cover that before, it's neat. Otherwise I haven't really heard all too much of them to form an opinion one way or another, but at the moment it's a generally positive one. ever-sincere, eriKa, we can't rewind, we've gone too far "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 10:04:01 -0500 From: Laura Helbling Message-ID: <3757EAE0.ABF214BE@thebigdogs.net> Organization: no thank you Subject: TMBG: Re: www.goodnoise.com / std / fairfax, et cetera Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: > Nathan (?) revealed: > >No. In fact, there's not going to be any audience at that show. The > Johns > >are going to play for the Dans, and vice versa. > > The Johns should play The Dans, and vice versa. Wait a minute! The Johns are going to *play* the Dans! Is something wrong with the instruments! I mean how are you supposed to play another person! Hold one of the dans like a guitar and such? > They could have T-shirts > that say "John" and "Dan" (the Johns wearing the Dan shirts and the Dans > wearing the John shirts, get it? oh ho.) and play each others > instruments. Now *that* would be cool. Oh, I get. Sorry about that. : ) rebel without a pause, Laura M*A*S*H is of course on 24 hours a day, they just don't want you to know that. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 11:59:19 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: www.goodnoise.com / std / fairfax, et cetera Message-ID: <19990604.115919.3526.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Laura was confused! >Wait a minute! The Johns are going to *play* the Dans! Is something wrong >with the instruments! I mean how are you supposed to play another person! >Hold one of the dans like a guitar and such? Teehee! That's even funnier! Can't you just picture Linnell trying to play one of the Dans like an accordion? "You are really out of tune, Dan..." "Hey John, Dan won't plug into my amp here." ever-sincere, eriKa, screw the glockenspiel, bring out Dan! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 12:50:26 EDT Subject: TMBG: Some new info on the Fastlane Show in Asbury Park, NJ Cooool babies! Got some new info on the June 19th TMBG show at the Fastlane Cabaret in Asbury Park, NJ...The show is going to be an all-age show, and you will be able to purchase tickets through Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ, and also through Ticketmaster. I spoke with both of the above this morning, and Vintage Vinyl told me they don't have any tickets yet, but think they will get some...Ticketmaster told me they don't have anything listed in their data on the show yet, but told me that TMBG often offer tickets to their shows on the web (for example www.ticketmaster.com) before the tickets are given to the outlets themselves. I checked the Ticketmaster website, and they are not listed there either, yet. I will continue to keep you posted if I turn up anything new. Karen "Why ration the passion?" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:22:53 -0700 (PDT) From: John White Subject: TMBG: 42 Message-ID: i have emerged from the lurky depths to say one thing: "in haruki murakami's book 'dance dance dance', chapter 42 is the (only) chapter in which the chapter heading is printed upside-down." thusly, i return. j. ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 13:26:32 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: www.goodnoise.com / std / fairfax, et cetera In a message dated 6/4/99 11:58:22 AM, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: >Teehee! That's even funnier! Can't you just picture Linnell trying to >play one of the Dans like an accordion? "You are really out of tune, >Dan..." hmmm.. http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Highrise/1999/johndan.jpg i'm sorry. :) ... no i'm not. sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "kgreenwell@sa.kevric.com" Subject: RE: TMBG: Re: www.goodnoise.com / std / fairfax, et cetera Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 12:35:14 -0500 Organization: KEVRIC > >Teehee! That's even funnier! Can't you just picture Linnell trying to > >play one of the Dans like an accordion? "You are really out of tune, > >Dan..." > > > hmmm.. > > http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Highrise/1999/johndan.jpg > > > i'm sorry. :) ... no i'm not. > > > > sarah hehehe. that's funny. thanks for making me laugh today. i needed it. kristi "nothing clever to add here" greenwell ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990604143136.0092b770@130.127.28.14> Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 14:34:41 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: www.goodnoise.com / std / fairfax, et cetera At 11:02 AM 6/4/99, Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: > >Huh? I'm confused. It isn't really "bootleg" so to speak, but it is an >import - it's from Japan, hence the Domo and all. It's a double CD >recording some Japanese radio station did of some Ben Folds Five shows >they played there in '97, so it's, like, an authorized thing, I think... No, it's not official. It *is* an import in the sense that it came from Japan, but it's a bootleg. Japan is one of the few places where professionally done CD bootlegs (not poorly done, overpriced CD-R trash as is popping up in stores nowadays) are still being made. >I've heard them cover that before, it's neat. Otherwise I haven't really >heard all too much of them to form an opinion one way or another, but at >the moment it's a generally positive one. Thanks! Most people think their music's really stupid. And although it kind of is, that's what's great about it...it's fun, dumb rock and roll. -Adam -- Adam, fighting the forces of crappy web sites! http://www.he-man.org/ (Masters of the Universe) http://www.daddies.org/ (Cherry Poppin' Daddies) http://www.clemson.edu/~ctyner/ (Everything else!) ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 15:45:24 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: The Fastlane Show Hello again all: Just got off the phone with The Fastlane in Asbury Park, NJ concerning the 6/19/99 TMBG show. The guy I talked with on the phone was very accommodating, and he told me the following things: About the show being an "all-ages" show, I don't think they'll be allowing any people in baring infants in their arms, but when I asked him "Young teens are allowed, though, right?" The man said "oh, yeah, no problem." The man believes there will be only one show, tentatively scheduled for 8:00 PM, tickets $15 in advance, $17 at the door. I have to call back later to confirm some of this info, and possibly to learn more, as they just got the concert info and posters in today. When I told him about Ticketmaster not having the info on the show yet, and told him that Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ told me they figured on getting some of the tickets to sell, the man seemed a bit disturbed that Ticketmaster didn't have tickets available for purchase yet, and told some "higher-up" about it. He said TMBG told them that they were going to have some extra places other than Ticketmaster where tickets could be purchased (like in the case of Vintage Vinyl). He made mention that this Monday, the whole mess should be straightened out, and Ticketmaster should have 6/19 tickets available for purchase then. The man told me the opening act is somebody that TMBG is "bringing along," but he's not aware of who it is yet. I will follow with more updates as they come in.... Karen "that's Nerak to you less conforming folks" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <375803BF.5D086392@osu.edu> Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 16:50:09 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: TMBG: TMBG and BFF Ok, I have an idea. I want to see TMBG in New York City on the 20th. I also want to see Ben Folds Five in Pittsburgh on the 19th. I live near Cleveland. I am thinking about going to Pittsburgh for the BFF concert, then driving to New York the next morning from Pittsburgh. Does anyone know how long it would take to get to New York from Pittsburgh? I think it would be about 6 hours, but I'm not quite sure. Does anyone think this idea is crazy? Does anyone think this is a good idea? Is anyone besides me thinking about attempting this? Any advice on the matter would be appreciated. Diana ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 17:57:42 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG and BFF In a message dated 6/4/99 4:51:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kocar.1@osu.edu writes: << Does anyone know how long it would take to get to New York from Pittsburgh? >> It takes about 7 1/2 hours. Karen "Can't Get There From Here" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990604225948.23836.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: A little bit of everything Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 15:59:48 PDT Jay G. wrote: >Agent Felicity Shagwell wrote > >... > > ---"Jay G." wrote: > > > > > > you forgot about the: > > > > > > First name "It's a quote because it's got > > > paranthesis" Last Name > > > > > > Thing people do around here > > Which we've been doing at least since I joined up in 97 > >Does that make it older then the Careless Santa thread? I'm sure it's quite a bit older. The Careless Santa thing started late in 1997 (around Christmas, natch), and the quotes-in-names thing had been well established by that time (with Leffel as its most prominent practitioner). I don't know when it started, since I joined the list not too long before the Careless Santa thread started. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "I like to play the Dans; I think I'm getting good" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990604230202.30877.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: misc. stuff Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 16:02:01 PDT Crystal Cooper wrote: >Sarah said: ><< It's funny you should say that cuz like, a couple weeks ago I posted the >same revelation, only reversed (I thought the ultimate sacrifice reminded >me of the planet of the apes) But of course it was a pointless email, so I >doubt anyone even read it....... >> >actually, yes, i did notice that, but i couldn't remember who wrote it. but >i didn't steal your thought, "escape" has always reminded me of the >ultimate sacrifice from the first time i heard it. No, it hasn't! Admit it! You're stealing back Sarah's best ideas! She really should cover the windows with lead, and keep the pets outside. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Somebody's reading your mind" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 22:21:51 -0700 From: Sarah Subject: Re: TMBG: misc. stuff Message-id: <3758B3EF.52BA@wmich.edu> Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > > Crystal Cooper wrote: > >Sarah said: > ><< It's funny you should say that cuz like, a couple weeks ago I posted the > >same revelation, only reversed (I thought the ultimate sacrifice reminded > >me of the planet of the apes) But of course it was a pointless email, so I > >doubt anyone even read it....... >> > >actually, yes, i did notice that, but i couldn't remember who wrote it. but > >i didn't steal your thought, "escape" has always reminded me of the > >ultimate sacrifice from the first time i heard it. > > No, it hasn't! Admit it! You're stealing back Sarah's best ideas! She > really should cover the windows with lead, and keep the pets outside. I should allowed to apply my ideas by magic marker to dry wall.... but then everyone forsakes me. So instead I blurt out merest idea which occurs to me by random, containing my secret smile of an unrelated thing in an unnoticable way, and my words are merely repeated by another. ~Sarah... a thing named "it" in a bottomless pit ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990605024643.56770.qmail@hotmail.com> From: John Landis Subject: TMBG: old news? Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 19:46:42 PDT I haven't been paying any attention to the list recently, so I'm sure this is old news to you. If not, It may just devastate you all. From what I have heard form a friend who just bought the thing, the song "DR. EVIL" does not appear on the new Austin Powers soundtrack. Needless to say, I'm pissed. I am hanging on the hope, however, that this Is a lie, or at least a mistake made by un-TMBG-savvy pal. It is possible that he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. If that's the case, then I apologize for the needless alarm. Love U All, John _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 22:54:10 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: old news? Your friend is right...the song was added in time for the movie's release, but too late for the soundtrack...but there are rumors of a second soundtrack that it will be on! And www.theymightbegiants.com assures us it will be available "somewhere soon." Plus, you don't have to buy a soundtrack with Madonna on it :D Kay ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990604230102.0092de70@130.127.28.14> Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 23:02:42 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: old news? Yeah, this has been known for a while. There's talk of a second soundtrack if this one does well enough...there's also a Bangles song that was left off the first and "Dr. Evil", so it seems possible. Think of it this way -- we have to wait longer for the second soundtrack (well, assuming there is one), but at least we won't have to buy a CD with Lenny Kravitz or Madonna on it! -Adam At 07:46 PM 6/4/99, John Landis wrote: >I haven't been paying any attention to the list recently, so I'm sure this >is old news to you. If not, It may just devastate you all. From what I >have heard form a friend who just bought the thing, the song "DR. EVIL" does >not appear on the new Austin Powers soundtrack. Needless to say, I'm pissed. -- Adam, fighting the forces of crappy web sites! http://www.he-man.org/ (Masters of the Universe) http://www.daddies.org/ (Cherry Poppin' Daddies) http://www.clemson.edu/~ctyner/ (Everything else!) ------------------------------ From: IMch2@aol.com Message-ID: <3210534a.2489f21e@aol.com> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 23:23:10 EDT Subject: TMBG: Newbie and a question Hi, I am new to this list, but I have been a fan of TMBG for a long time (5 years). I would like to open up by asking a question: Which John do you like better? -Imch2@aol.com ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <25e15c01.2489f51d@aol.com> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 23:35:57 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Newbie and a question In a message dated 6/5/99 4:25:27 AM GMT Daylight Time, IMch2@aol.com writes: << Which John do you like better? >> Linnel's my man! Sorry for all you Flans lovers, but Linnel has, from what I've seen, much more charisma and less of a temper. Flans always gets pissed when he doesnt recieve attention. Plus Linnel has the better voice and more musical talent. And (i know im gonna recieve some boos for this one) he doesnt need a second band to feel good about himself. Hey, flans is ok too. They might not be giants without him! Batbrain ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3758A44A.F9C39DFD@erols.com> Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 00:15:06 -0400 From: Zydell Subject: Re: TMBG: old news? Hey! I like Madonna and Lenny!! I love The first Austin Powers Movie album so I'm sure I will buy the second one, even if TMBG are missing. Of course I would buy both soundtracks for the second movie if they become available. NZ Adam Tyner wrote: > Yeah, this has been known for a while. There's talk of a second soundtrack > if this one does well enough...there's also a Bangles song that was left > off the first and "Dr. Evil", so it seems possible. Think of it this way > -- we have to wait longer for the second soundtrack (well, assuming there > is one), but at least we won't have to buy a CD with Lenny Kravitz or > Madonna on it! > > -Adam > > At 07:46 PM 6/4/99, John Landis wrote: > >I haven't been paying any attention to the list recently, so I'm sure this > >is old news to you. If not, It may just devastate you all. From what I > >have heard form a friend who just bought the thing, the song "DR. EVIL" does > >not appear on the new Austin Powers soundtrack. Needless to say, I'm pissed. > > -- > Adam, fighting the forces of crappy web sites! > http://www.he-man.org/ (Masters of the Universe) > http://www.daddies.org/ (Cherry Poppin' Daddies) > http://www.clemson.edu/~ctyner/ (Everything else!) ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 01:00:01 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Newbie and a question Message-ID: <19990605.010001.4878.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" A newbie (dum dum dum!) asked: >Which John do you like better? Haven't we done this? I guess this is one of those threads doomed to repeat itself every couple of months. Well, because I've got nothing better to do - like I wouldn't do this anyway... My favorite is Linnell, partly because I've got a thing for lanky middle-aged men (yeah, that may be odd but I know for a fact that I'm not the only one on this list that finds Linnell cute, dammit!). But that's not the only reason. Also because he plays bari sax, which makes him my role model there. Also I like his songs a lot - especially lyric-wise, and I dig the accordion and he's shy. And I like his voice a lot, and he's just neat. I think Linnell reminds me of someone I may or may not have met yet. But I dig Flansy a whole lot too - love the glasses and Mono Puff and most of his songs (hey, I like Pet Name - but not Hearing Aid so much) and all. I've never seen Them in concert, so I'm not affected really by the rumors of his temper or whatnot. There's nothing at all really to mar my opinion of him... I just like Linnell more. I can't explain why. Flansy's just as good in many aspects, but... well, yeah. But my *favorite* favorite is Careless Santa (and so it continues...). ever-sincere, eriKa, workin' on my accent like they got there in that Fargo movie, yah. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990605054622.60369.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: Newbie and a question Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 22:46:22 PDT Batbrain wrote: >And (i know im gonna recieve some boos for this one) he >doesnt need a second band to feel good about himself. Well, Linnell has done solo work, too. He just hasn't had a chance (or the initiative, perhaps) to release it anywhere (except through Hello). I'm not sure that the purpose of Mono Puff is to make Flans "feel good about himself," but it might be. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Tonight, the part of Dan Miller will be played by Mr. John Flansburgh" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 00:44:32 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3758B93F.67600285@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Newbie and a question IMch2@aol.com wrote: > Which John do you like better? This is a question that can only be answered in one way: Yes. Of course, the punctuation has to change a bit, as does some spelling and some of the words are just plain out! Here's a revised form of the question, making it slightly less comprehensible, and all the more reprehensible... "Do the John's like butter?" AKA Bob "What about Dr. Plaxton?" Scott ------------------------------ Message-ID: <0rK=x2m00UwC1CJyg0@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 02:10:10 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: old news? Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 4-Jun-99 Re: TMBG: old news? by Kaylum@aol.com > Your friend is right...the song was added in time for the movie's release, > but too late for the soundtrack...but there are rumors of a second soundtrack not to be pessimistic, but are we even sure that TMBG have a song in the movie? I mean, they did all those Planet of the Apes things under the pretense that someone else had asked them to... (and later admitted that it was "just for fun") is it possible that they wrote Dr. Evil and Flans just likes to perpetrate rumors? (I guess everyone will find out next Friday.... except us Fairfax people, who will find out on Saturday because we're seeing TMBG on Friday :) Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ zaph@tmbg.org "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #18-5 *****************************