Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #19-1 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 19, Number 1 Thursday, 1 July 1999 Today's Topics: Non-TMBG: James Ensor Re: TMBG: Paying for LTW Re: TMBG: Careless Santa (Why?) Re: Non-TMBG: James Ensor TMBG: 14.... TMBG: .... 13 .... TMBG: ... 12 ..... TMBG: ....11..... TMBG: ..... 10..... TMBG: ..9........ TMBG: ....8..... TMBG: ....7..... TMBG: ......6..... TMBG: ......5..... TMBG: ....4..... TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... RE: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... TMBG: ....3.... Re: TMBG: Careless Santa (Why?) TMBG: Re: Paying for LTW RE: TMBG: ......6..... Re: TMBG: Re: Paying for LTW RE: TMBG: ......6..... Re: TMBG: Re: Paying for LTW RE: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... TMBG: .......2....... Re: TMBG: Re: Paying for LTW Re: TMBG: Re: Paying for LTW TMBG: setlists recient (re to something) Re: TMBG: Re: Paying for LTW TMBG: 1..... TMBG: .......... TMBG: okay, who's the 0! that started this? RE: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Re: TMBG: okay, who's the 0! that started this? TMBG: When the planes have rose, I'm under sky. Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... TMBG: Re: When the planes have rose, I'm under sky. Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Re: TMBG: Re: Paying for LTW Re: TMBG: 1..... TMBG: Re: When the planes have rose, I'm under sky. Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... TMBG: List Spam TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Re: TMBG: ... 12 ..... Re: TMBG: setlists recient (re to something) Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <8f3964a8.24ab20a6@aol.com> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 03:26:30 EDT Subject: Non-TMBG: James Ensor I was watching a sitcom of which I forget the name (The something something show), but in it was a gal explaining to another gal about an egg she had. She claimed it was "a rare egg, painted by a famous Belgian painter. They say he only came out of his house to ". Through clever deduction I realized they were talking about James Ensor, Belgiums famous painter. You know what this means?! It MUST be a reference to none other than... you guessed it.... James Ensor! Who, as you know, was in a song by They Might be Giants! Who had no influence at all on the show I would assume! Bat "Dial-a-" Brain ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002401bec2e2$974c25a0$5999e7ce@z0n4g0> From: "balloon" Subject: Re: TMBG: Paying for LTW Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 06:23:25 -0400 Ok, I'll post this now and later when LTW is actually released. The deal for all of you out there that either can't download LTW or can't burn it to cd. just send me $10 cash(price of LTW+price of a cdr) and return postage. In exchange I'll pay for the mp3's and burn them to a cdr and mail them back to you. That simple. All you'll have to do is email me when LTW is released (no sooner). This is of course a first come first serve offer and I'll end the offer when I get sick of burning cds for everyone. If you want to check my credibility just ask some of the tape traders (TDK, TMBGirl, Brigit,...). Hopefully this will help out all of you who are upset over the medium of this release. -Eric ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <13d82a12.24ab505a@aol.com> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 06:50:02 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Careless Santa (Why?) In a message dated 99-06-29 16:15:36 EDT, xornom@hotmail.com writes: > > > Well, if we are talking about threads that come up a lot, there's > > > the Careless Santa thread. It isn't quite TMBG, but it's Monpuff > >and > > > that's close enough, right? And I bet Careless Santa is wearing > >his > >OMLT while picking up the Elven Chicks in his car... > > > >Yeah, but he had to do a 2:1 trade just to get his OMLT, and he's >lactose > >intolerant, and I think he made a TMBG reference the other day. He's >also > >John Linnell's gay lover and killed John Flansburgh, causing TMBG to >break > >up. He's also made a TMBG mix tape to get people interested in them, >and > >is > >sick of them playing the same basic set over and over again. But I >think > >recently he sold out, even though he hasn't released any new material >in a > > >while. > > Didn't he also discover a hidden track? Something about a spitting contest? > > He also found some references to TMBG in "The Simpsons." And when, for the love of Optimus Prime, are They coming to MY town? Dangit! Hooper "You forgot to insert a clever statement here, as well, it seems." X ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:55:12 -0400 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: James Ensor Message-ID: <19990630.105521.-455053.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Dangit, Dial-A-Brain is busy again. Everytime I call! Sheesh!: >She claimed it was "a rare egg, painted by a famous Belgian painter. They >say he only came out of his house to ". Man, you can't just go and not tell the punch line of the joke. Don't leave us hangin' here! >Through clever deduction I realized they were talking about James Ensor, Belgiums >famous painter. You know what this means?! It MUST be a reference to none >other than... you guessed it.... James Ensor! Hm. I'm sure Baron James Sidney Ensor wasn't Belgium's only famous painter. But then, can you think of any others? And would we even know of him, if not for the song? eeenteresting. >Who, as you know, was in a >song by They Might be Giants! Who had no influence at all on the show I >would assume! Yes, but we should never assume. Perhaps it's some deeply riddled conspiracy. It's all run by the government, in the "It Might Be A They Might Be Giants Reference" section. It's centered around driving us all mad by slipping these clever little "almost references" into television programs which could be cast aside as a reference to something else, but truly may be Giant-esque in nature. It's all very complicated. It makes my toes hurt just thinking about it. ever-sincere, eriKa, I don't appreciate N'Sync singing the Pokemon rap. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: "JOda: Master of Yedi" Subject: TMBG: 14.... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:31:52 -0400 Message-ID: <000c01bec30d$ad9e81b0$fe01a8c0@minime> HA! But seriously folks, what about Careless Santa???? ------------------------------ From: "J Kuemmerle" Subject: TMBG: .... 13 .... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:34:28 -0400 Message-ID: <000d01bec30e$0a2fdd20$fe01a8c0@minime> Hey! Who's that?!?!?!?! but what about Careless Santa? ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Subject: TMBG: ... 12 ..... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:34:52 -0400 Message-ID: <000e01bec30e$18f8f580$fe01a8c0@minime> What exactly is going on???? I don't like the look of this! Is this TMBG related? ------------------------------ From: "Kirsten Brodbeck" Subject: TMBG: ....11..... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:35:25 -0400 Message-ID: <000f01bec30e$2ca87ab0$fe01a8c0@minime> You know, I really hate when he does this! .. but what about careless santa!!!!! ........ ------------------------------ From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: TMBG: ..... 10..... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:37:32 -0400 Message-ID: <001001bec30e$77f6bd10$fe01a8c0@minime> Is Leo going to stop him this time???? .............did you say something about Careless Santa???..... ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Subject: TMBG: ..9........ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:37:56 -0400 Message-ID: <001101bec30e$86980220$fe01a8c0@minime> Probably not. :) ------------------------------ From: "Nicole the Wonder Nerd" Subject: TMBG: ....8..... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:38:40 -0400 Message-ID: <001201bec30e$a0e95fc0$fe01a8c0@minime> AAAAHHHHH!!!! What's going on!!!! um..... what about Careless Santa?...... ------------------------------ From: "Keem Bearlee" Subject: TMBG: ....7..... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:40:58 -0400 Message-ID: <001301bec30e$f2bf3bd0$fe01a8c0@minime> what is this all about ???? ------------------------------ From: "TDK" Subject: TMBG: ......6..... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:41:13 -0400 Message-ID: <001401bec30e$fc16be60$fe01a8c0@minime> WHAT ABOUT CARELESS SANTA!!!!!! ------------------------------ From: "Robert Plass" Subject: TMBG: ......5..... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:41:24 -0400 Message-ID: <001501bec30f$023e0fa0$fe01a8c0@minime> Please leave our list alone! You are a pain!!!! Go Away!!!!!!!! ........but what about Careless Santa???..... ------------------------------ From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: ....4..... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:42:57 -0400 Message-ID: <001601bec30f$3a078650$fe01a8c0@minime> ? to be continued... ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:04:30 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Message-ID: hi, augie wan. why'd you hafta make your entrance this way? it really creeps me out... --jim kuemmerle, who's really creeped out. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: RE: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:22:54 -0400 Message-ID: <001e01bec314$ce4a9870$fe01a8c0@minime> :) oh poo.... > hi, augie wan. why'd you hafta make your entrance this way? it really > creeps me out... > > --jim kuemmerle, who's really creeped out. > > j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu > http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ > > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:24:56 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Message-ID: <19990630.122457.-395785.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Okay. I'm really, really confused. What the hell? ever-sincere, eriKa, apologizing for a silly little post, but really is really, really confused. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:30:38 -0700 (PDT) Subject: TMBG: ....3.... Message-ID: <13886-377A462E-966@postoffice-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> This is fun. We should make it an annual thing. Oh, and, uhh, what about Hairless Banter? Dexter "Eek! Was it supposed to stop at 4?" Flansburgh ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:39:24 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Careless Santa (Why?) Message-ID: <19990630.103928.19302.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >you mean an 'AKA' don't you? NOOOOOOOOoooooooooo! not the AKA's!!! take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:46:07 -0600 From: "Jeremiah" Message-ID: <7ldhkh$31a7$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Paying for LTW eRika declared: >Well, dammit, I'm tired of getting screwed out of everything. I've never >seen 'em in concert, I've yet to hear any of this slick stuff, Older and >Edith Head and all that happy crappy, and now I have no way of getting >Long Tall Weekend. DAMMIT! Man, I am really whining a lot. I'm sorry, and >I'll shut up now. > Question. You can't even download an .mp3 to listen to? Do you have a computer? How do you access this list if you don't? I may be asking annoying obvious questions, but I've got nothing better to do. If you would like, I could e-mail you an .mp3 or two. Or would that just make your situation worse? whatever whatever, Jeremiah ------------------------------ Message-Id: From: "Steel, W Lee" Subject: RE: TMBG: ......6..... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:55:20 -0400 WHAT ABOUT TDK!!!!!! ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:24:28 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Paying for LTW Message-ID: <5435-377A52CC-958@postoffice-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Jeremiah wrote: Question. You can't even download an .mp3 to listen to? Do you have a computer? How do you access this list if you don't? I may be asking annoying obvious questions, but I've got nothing better to do. If you would like, I could e-mail you an .mp3 or two. Or would that just make your situation worse? Now I'm writing: I am aware of eriKa's situation, and the reason she's burdened by all of this is over the fact that she doesn't have web access. But she gets her E-mail via a juno account, and with that, all you need is a modem, and it's delivered to your computer regardless of whether you have access to the internet or not. -dex ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:27:48 -0700 (PDT) Subject: RE: TMBG: ......6..... Message-ID: <5437-377A5394-675@postoffice-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> W. Lee Steel wrote: WHAT ABOUT TDK!!!!!! Now I'm writing: What about the fact that after 3 is 2! Not 6 again! Sheesh! When will this thing end? Some people hurry and do numbers 2 and 1 before it's too late! -dex, lucky #3! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:28:36 -0600 From: "Jeremiah" Message-ID: <7ldk44$22d$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Paying for LTW Sarah wrote > And you even have a sig now! > For a moment anyways ^g^. >~Sarah, who finally saw Austin Powers II.... "Sexxy Man, Sexxy Man, >eating the things a Sexxy man can" " I want my baby back, baby back, baby back, baby back. Riiiiibs." Jeremiah ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:31:16 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: RE: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Message-ID: On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, the invisible wan wrote: > :) oh poo.... yeah, yeah, i know. "and i would've gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids..." --jim kuemmerle, jinkies! earlier today, i wrote: > > > > hi, augie wan. why'd you hafta make your entrance this way? it really > > creeps me out... > > > > --jim kuemmerle, who's really creeped out. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:30:14 -0600 From: "Jeremiah" Message-ID: <7ldk77$280$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: .......2....... I just wanna be in a band. I just wanna play guitar. I just wanna play the drums. -Jeremiah ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:33:44 -0600 From: "Jeremiah" Message-ID: <7ldkdp$2jn$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Paying for LTW ~Dex wrote: ~I am aware of eriKa's situation, and the reason she's burdened by all of ~this is over the fact that she doesn't have web access. But she gets her ~E-mail via a juno account, and with that, all you need is a modem, and ~it's delivered to your computer regardless of whether you have access to ~the internet or not. -dex Boy I have forgotten what it was like to not have internet access. I feel like a spud now. I remember the good old days of pure e-mail and wasting my time running around outside instead of staring at computer screens. -Jeremiah who want's his baby back ribs. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19990630175018.00aced54@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:50:18 -0400 From: Jen Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Paying for LTW >Question. >You can't even download an .mp3 to listen to? Two potential difficulties there: 1. As noted, some people have email but not web access. 2. Some people don't have good enough computers to play mp3's so they sound decent. My roommate had an old 486, and although she could technically play mp3's, they sounded horrible. I have a 386 laptop that can check my mail- but there's no way it could play mp3's. - Jen "bat cookie" / SpiderEyes Chief Inquisitor Center for Information Control and Thought Prevention http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Lights/8222 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990630175926.6088.rocketmail@web210.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:59:26 -0700 (PDT) From: KRS Tyler Subject: TMBG: setlists recient (re to something) >Does anyone have any setlists or know what songs >they've been playing >live for the past two months? also who their current >lineup and openeris? >>Nick check it out http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/stadium/8282/tmbg.html check out thats from 5/30/99 in Rochester Michal Shelly opened up (i'm preety damn proud about catching that setlist) === Chris Tyler Check out my sites: http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/12rods http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/stadium/8282 http://www.angelfire.com/ny/gamersquad _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:09:07 -0600 From: "Jeremiah" Message-ID: <7ldmg4$4f3$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Paying for LTW Jen wrote >Two potential difficulties there: > >1. As noted, some people have email but not web access. > >2. Some people don't have good enough computers to play mp3's so they sound >decent. My roommate had an old 486, and although she could technically play >mp3's, they sounded horrible. I have a 386 laptop that can check my mail- >but there's no way it could play mp3's. > > Point taken. Just call me naive. Jeremiah -The cat is in the cradle with a silver spoon. ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:20:42 EDT Subject: TMBG: 1..... BOOM!! Poor Careless Santa... Karen "Who put the hand grenade in my Christmas stocking?" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:45:55 -0600 From: "Jeremiah" Message-ID: <7lds5l$86q$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: .......... There is no "handgrenade" in "Christmas stocking". Jeremiah -with nothing better to do, and if there is I choose to no do it. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:06:13 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7ldsld$8jk$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: okay, who's the 0! that started this? I mean, I hate to be the -1..... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990630200051.96015.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: RE: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:00:51 PDT AugieWan wrote: >:) oh poo.... Hey! How come I wasn't impersonated in this thread? Aren't I good enough? > > hi, augie wan. why'd you hafta make your entrance this way? it really > > creeps me out... -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990630200245.9303.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: okay, who's the 0! that started this? Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:02:45 PDT Jay G. wrote: >I mean, I hate to be the -1..... But you'd be -2 if you had to read this entire thread. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "The 1 band that can overcome the 0 in Their bank accounts" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:12:46 -0600 From: "Jeremiah" Message-ID: <7le18e$c0m$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: When the planes have rose, I'm under sky. At least it didn't start into decimal points, or negative numbers. Jeremiah ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:14:33 -0600 From: "Jeremiah" Message-ID: <7le1bp$c2b$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... "Hi, I'm Nathan DeHoff. Look at me, I'm Nathan DeHoff." Do you feel better now? ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:35:11 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7le1s4$cj9$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: When the planes have rose, I'm under sky. Jeremiah wrote in message news:7le18e$c0m$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... > At least it didn't start into decimal points, or negative numbers. Hello? No negative numbers? You obviously didn't read mine or Nathan's posts.... -Jay ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:31:11 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <377A8C9E.6F2BC79A@conpoint.com> Organization: Leffel Brand Adult Undergarments Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Jeremiah wrote: > > "Hi, I'm Nathan DeHoff. Look at me, I'm Nathan DeHoff." > > Do you feel better now? Actually, *I* feel about ten times worse! BWAAHAHAHHAHA!! Mike "Sure as Hell weren't even HOME at 10:41am!!!" Leffel ---Hello, AugieWan! Do that again and your LEFT testicle will be missing too! ^__^ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:29:45 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Message-ID: <19990630.173950.-293233.2.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Nathan, too genuine to be copied: >Hey! How come I wasn't impersonated in this thread? Aren't I good enough? Then you obviously haven't seen me impersonate you. I do Listee impressions on the street for wooden nickles. It's a fair business, but if a corporation opens up near by, I'm screwed. ever-sincere, eriKa, and now, ladies and germs, my Bob Scott impression... "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:22:08 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Paying for LTW Message-ID: <19990630.173950.-293233.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Dexter took the words right out of my mouth: >I am aware of eriKa's situation, and the reason she's burdened by all of >this is over the fact that she doesn't have web access. But she gets her >E-mail via a juno account, and with that, all you need is a modem, and >it's delivered to your computer regardless of whether you have access to >the internet or not. Yeah, that'd be it. Explained it better than I could too. And is it ever a burden, but what's worse is the TV's in Esperanto. All my electronics suck. But everyone just disregard my whining from earlier, as it's been solved. Whee! Jeremiah, with bizarre cravings for baby, the other white meat: >I remember the good old days of pure e-mail and wasting my >time running around outside instead of staring at computer screens. Um, I still don't waste my time running around outside, but that's a personal preference. ever-sincere, eriKa, you know that that's a bitch. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990630225210.17096.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Elendriel ^_^ Subject: Re: TMBG: 1..... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 22:52:09 GMT *looks around for Bunbun* That switchblade-totin' bunny has got to be around here somewhere...he's the only one who would go after Careless Santa. Julie :) >From: MuseKJ@aol.com >Reply-To: MuseKJ@aol.com >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: 1..... >Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:20:42 EDT > >BOOM!! > >Poor Careless Santa... > >Karen "Who put the hand grenade in my Christmas stocking?" Riley >MuseKJ@aol.com > _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:49:59 -0600 From: "Jeremiah" Message-ID: <7le6uo$ft5$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: When the planes have rose, I'm under sky. Sir Jay wrote >Hello? No negative numbers? You obviously didn't read mine >or Nathan's posts.... Pardon me then, those little -'s just didn't even register in my mind. Damn my speed reading. Damn damn damn! Jeremiah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990630234315.42362.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:43:15 PDT Jeremiah wrote: >"Hi, I'm Nathan DeHoff. Look at me, I'm Nathan DeHoff." You wish! >Do you feel better now? Uh, sure, I guess. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "I'm peeing on the seat! Give me a raise!" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990630234544.43936.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:45:44 PDT Cap'n eriKa rae (often imitated, never duplicated) wrote: >Nathan, too genuine to be copied: > >Hey! How come I wasn't impersonated in this thread? Aren't I good > >enough? > >Then you obviously haven't seen me impersonate you. I do Listee >impressions on the >street for wooden nickles. Are you sure you have the walk down correctly? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Accept no substitutes" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199907010034.UAA19898@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: List Spam Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 20:34:23 -0400 (EDT) As many of you noticed the list was spammed earlier today. As many of you have already seen, the spam was from AugieWan, a long time list member. I am please to say this situation has been resolved, and should not be happening again. I do want to make it clear that SPAM is not tolerated on the list, or to or from any of the tmbg.org aliases. My ISP subscribes to the RBL (http://maps.vix.com), and I also maintain my own filter list of spam. I am well versed in getting other ISP's involved to help punish/remove spammers, as AugieWan found out. The policy is, and always will be ban first and ask questions later. I'm sorry for this list interruption, please resume normal list activity. -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440 Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 21:20:18 EDT Subject: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... After today's refreshing countdown, I have two more questions (Karen's mind is a swirl of convoluted thoughts, a great big palaverous quagmire, where stimuli is turned into confusion, at a rate that's nearly light speed): Am I the only married woman on this list? and What is your quest? (sorry, couldn't resist) Actually, it's: What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? Feel free to elaborate on your answer, if you wish ~ ~ but you don't have to. This is really just a question to satisfy the relentless curiosity I was born with. If you want to list more than one favorite, that's $1 extra, and you'll need to fill out the proper form in triplicate. If you want to know where to get the form, the official answer is "I'm sorry, but that's top secret information that I'm not privileged to divulge." But unofficially, I say the hell with that stupid rule...create your own little piece of anarchy by sending in as many favorite song titles as you want for free! Karen "Mr. Obvious, Mr. Obvious, telephone call for Mr. Obvious" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199907010155.VAA19129@kanga.INS.CWRU.Edu> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 21:55:33 -0400 (EDT) From: jlr3@po.CWRU.Edu (Jeff L. Roberts) Subject: Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... >Am I the only married woman on this list? and I'd like to know how many other self procaimed gods are on here too. >What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? Bah! I couldn't even name a favorite TMBG song, let alone a total favorite. Favorite songs are the work of Gilroy the Flase Prophet. Instead I'll name favorite bands and songs I like: Ben Folds Five - The Last Polka Unrest - Make Out Club The Rondelles - Mission: Irresistable Moxy Fruvous - Boo Time The Flaming Lips - Guy Who Got A Headache And Accidentally Saves The World Heather Nova - Widescreen REM - World Leader Pretend Ass Ponys - Shoe Money Offspring - Gone Away Elastica - Smile John Hiatt - Perfectly Good Guitar Johnathan Richman - Dodge Veg-a-matic Meat Puppets - Backwater John Southworth - Man If We Could Surf Forevermore Gear Daddies - I Wanna Drive The Zamboni Plus a veritable plethora of others. Jeff ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 22:35:01 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Message-ID: <19990630.223512.-445837.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Nathan, as seen on teevee: >Are you sure you have the walk down correctly? As I walk, I think about a new way to walk. (as if we didn't see that coming) (obviously a TMBG reference!!!!!) ever-sincere, eriKa, using too many exclamation points!!!!!!!!! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 22:32:44 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Message-ID: <19990630.223512.-445837.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" The Inquisitive Karen Riley: >Am I the only married woman on this list? I have a parrot, which is almost like being married, without any of the messy things that come with being married. Like the actual marriage. I wear the eye patch in this relationship. Ar. >What is your quest? Blue! >What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? We just had a thread similar to this on the Offtopic List, and even there I couldn't even think of a complete and total favorite. And after much deliberation and all, I'm going to try and narrow it down slightly though. Here goes: Ben Folds Five - "Boxing" Fleming & John - "Comfortable" Jude - "I'm Sorry Now" Built to Spill - "Car" Pavement - "Fillmore Jive" Elliott Smith - "Waltz #2" Joe Christmas - "Couple Skate" Rufus Wainwright - "Sally Ann" Weezer - "Across the Sea" ever-sincere, eriKa, you're my lazy boy recliner. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <29baa37.24ac2c39@aol.com> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 22:28:09 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: ... 12 ..... In a message dated 6/30/99 10:35:05 AM, KdsInThHal@aol.com writes: >What exactly is going on???? > > > >I don't like the look of this! > > > >Is this TMBG related? > > heh, nice try... i was at the hospital getting my stomach scoped at 10:35 this morning. that and, the kdsinthhal mailbox hasn't seen the light of day in a long time. (plus, the capital letters were a dead giveaway) sarah ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 22:31:19 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: setlists recient (re to something) In a message dated 6/30/99 1:05:15 PM, ghost_krabb@yahoo.com writes: >http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/stadium/8282/tmbg.html check out >thats from 5/30/99 in Rochester Michal Shelly opened up (i'm preety >damn proud about catching that setlist) > erm, it was 4/30, dear. sarah ------------------------------ From: Azelma1115@aol.com Message-ID: <4826701d.24ac3419@aol.com> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 23:01:45 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Karen asked: > Am I the only married woman on this list? that's a real possibility > What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? hmmm...let's see The Monkees-Listen to the Band Elton John-Something About the Way You Look Tonight Moxy Fruvous-I Love My Boss Blur-Countryhouse Barenaked Ladies-Who Needs Sleep? There are many, many others, but I'll stop there. Beth ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990701033947.63943.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 20:39:47 PDT Cap'n eriKa rae, not available in stores, wrote: >Nathan, as seen on teevee: > >Are you sure you have the walk down correctly? > >As I walk, I think about a new way to walk. > >(as if we didn't see that coming) > >(obviously a TMBG reference!!!!!) Hey!!!!!! I'm a living TMBG reference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >ever-sincere, >eriKa, >using too many exclamation points!!!!!!!!! You know what Rincewind says about that (or maybe you don't). -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ Now playing: "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Polka Power!" (The Spice Girls and Third Eye Blind sound MUCH better in this format.) _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 21:39:25 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Message-ID: <19990630.214321.19414.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> >>Nathan, too genuine to be copied: >>Hey! How come I wasn't impersonated in this thread? >>Aren't I good enough? probably because you haven't been on the list as long. or weren't a regular poster way back when... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 23:29:35 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... << >What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? >> Probably Don Maclean's "American Pie." But I have a bunch of other songs I absolutely love. Here's a partial list (I'd love to hear TMBG cover any of them :) Only the Good Die Young -- Billy Joel (c'mon, can't you just see Linnell doin' that sax solo?) Maxwell's Silver Hammer--The Beatles Sloop John B -- The Beach Boys Take On Me -- a-ha Gosh, there are SO many more, but me tired! Kay ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <236a34c9.24ac3d59@aol.com> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 23:41:13 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... >What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? this is the kind of thing that changes from day to day with me.. right now, i'd be inclined to saayy... blur's "blue jeans"... it's such a pretty song. and i'm sure you can find a sound clip of it somewhere if you look hard enough. (::hint:: http://www.cdnow.com -- on the album "modern life is rubbish") sarah ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 22:02:42 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Message-ID: <19990630.220312.19414.4.TMBgirl@juno.com> >> Am I the only married woman on this list? > >that's a real possibility well, a couple of weeks ago my bf gave me a ring... but the proposal is to get married in (at the earliest) three years, if ever. ok, so i didn't really help, but ya know... >> What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? today (ya know it'll change tomorrow): #1 "shotgun shack" by Judith Edelman (awesome singer...if you've been on list for any amount of time and seen the "what else are you listening to" thread you know my dislike for female singers but wow. she rocks my world) she's from NYC originally and just an all around groovy person. check her out on her mini-tour if she goes to your town and otherwise buy either of her albums. well worth it! #2 "if only you knew" by moxy fruvous #3 "gone crazy" or "crazy katie, nicotine, and a red jet air balloon" by marcy playground. #4 "anarchy and the establishment" by zog bogbean #5 "she's not you" by michael shelley #6 "chasing each other around the room" by cheeky monkey #7 "everywhere" by bran van 3000 #8 "never going back again" by fleetwood mac #9 "rough sex" by lords of acid #10 "ring ring ring" by de la soul take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 23:49:05 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7ler9k$sn0$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: 10, 9, 8, blah, blah, blah... Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote in message news:19990701033947.63943.qmail@hotmail.com... > Cap'n eriKa rae, not available in stores, wrote: > >ever-sincere, > >eriKa, > >using too many exclamation points!!!!!!!!! > > You know what Rincewind says about that (or maybe you don't). It's a sure sign of insanity. -Jay ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19990701045459.00abdd30@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 00:54:59 -0400 From: Jen Subject: Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... >and I'd like to know how many other self procaimed gods are on here too. Ooo, ooo, me! :) Okay, maybe not. And hi, Jeff!!! I didn't know you were here. >>What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? Currently "Space-Dye Vest," by Dream Theater. Some others I adore, in no particular order: Vision of Escaflowne - "Dance of the Curse" Depeche Mode - "Sacred" (also the Moonspell cover) Blind Guardian - "Quest for Tanelorn" Moxy Fruvous - "Darlington Darling" Cure - "Lullaby" Barenaked Ladies - "Blame it on Me" Counting Crows - "Anna Begins" Stabbing Westward - almost anything Machines of Loving Grace - "Limiter" NIN - "Perfect Drug" Morphine - "Thursday" Apotheosis - "O Fortuna" remix Stratovarius - "4000 Rainy Nights" - Jen "dust bunny queen" Childs (SpiderEyes) ------------------------ "I'm certain if you can't spell it, there's someone on the net who can't spell it the same way. That's why I always go looking for free pron." - Jeff Roberts "Life is the leading cause of death, with research studies a close second." - Jeff Roberts ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #19-1 *****************************