Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #19-14 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 19, Number 14 Wednesday, 14 July 1999 Today's Topics: Re: NONTMBG: Cap'n eriKa's crew Re: NON-TMBG: Cap'n eriKa's crew Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Re: TMBG: I'll have to share my pirate's position with Dex :-) TMBG: Invitation to join eriKasCrew@onelist.com Re: TMBG: I'll have to share my pirate's position with Dex :-) Re: TMBG: hi everybody im new TMBG: Colorado Shows Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale TMBG: test TMBG: Brave New World & Space Ghost Re: TMBG: Colorado Shows Re: TMBG: Brave New World & Space Ghost TMBG: Re: hi everybody im new Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale TMBG: the good ship eriKa Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale TMBG: Re: Brave New World & Space Ghost TMBG: St. Louis Show (finally, sorry for the wait) Re: TMBG: St. Louis Show (finally, sorry for the wait) Non-TMBG: Candy Butchers Re: TMBG: St. Louis Show (finally, sorry for the wait) Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Re: TMBG: the good ship eriKa Re: TMBG: the good ship eriKa Re: TMBG: the good ship eriKa Re: TMBG: the good ship eriKa Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 01:28:50 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <378ADCA1.433AB7F7@conpoint.com> Organization: Leffel Brand Adult Undergarments Subject: Re: NONTMBG: Cap'n eriKa's crew Sarah wrote: > Oooooo.... can I be the Shark!!! I always wanted to be a fish! > I'll guard the ship from underwater demons, such as Mike Leffel.... > <<<<<<<<>>>>>>>> > > ~Sarah > "Is it just me, or are there a lot of Sarah's on this list..." There's other Sarahs on this list???? Sara Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 02:29:56 -0400 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Cap'n eriKa's crew Message-ID: <19990713.024101.-246771.0.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray > Mysterio Gal: > >Hey could I be the crew member who hangs around in the inner areas > of the ship who eventually goes insane and >becomes a cannibal. > > That sounds good, all but for the cannibalism. I mean, I'm an > equal-opportunity employer and all, but I'm afraid > eating the crew really is grounds for being fired. It brings up all > these questions of morals and ethics, and I just can't deal with it. > See "The Few Unacceptable Things" section of the handbook. > > >Oh, and I think my imaginary friend, Mr. Me, should be a part of > this as well. > > He can be our invisible pirate spy. > > jen, awesome trombone player: > >can i be the person who walks around asking people stupid > >questions while poking them in the ribs so they gigle > >uncontrolably???? please? can i? huh huh? puh-leeeeeeeaaaaase? > > Yeah, okay, so long as you don't eat anyone. Ok Jen, here's how it is, you can stun everyone with your tremedous poking power and leave the rest to me. *blblblb* ok, so I see a few moments of das boot. It's a scene where a crew member goes insane. He seemed really happy, and didn't make a lot of sense. But, fellow crew members tacled him as if he were a time bomb. Come on, how much damage can a crazy crew member really do? Unless he turns cannibal. From what I saw, all the characters were sitting around and looking worried. What's he gonna do, is he gonna drool a big puddle on the floor that someone could possibly slip on, and possibly result in some sort of spinal injury. Is he dangerous to the mental health of fellow sea men? Is being a raving lunatic all that bad when he only other people around are also raving lunatics (and if all but one were lunatics, wouldn't the left over sane person truly have the worst of mental illness)? Is he gonna press the wrong button, or open the wrong air hatch? Am I making sense? Am I the only one here making sense? Keepin' mind, I've only seen about 5 minutes of the movie. > ever-sincere, > eriKa, > "this ain't no silence of the lambs here, people!" > > "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to > be cool." - Ben Folds > "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan > Peden > > ___________________________________________________________________ > Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free > e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: > http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 02:38:19 -0400 Subject: Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Message-ID: <19990713.024104.-246771.1.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray On Mon, 12 Jul 1999 21:48:03 -0500 Mike Leffel writes: > TO THE CREW OF CAPT'N ERIKA'S SHIP: > > > A Warning. > > > My demonic undersea mechanism is complete! No longer must I > tolerate the wooden ships of man, as I tear through them like > a hot knife in butter! Your days are marked, Cap'n eriKa! My > invincible submarine ship is manned by the best crew money can > buy! And I'm in charge!!! And I don't pay them money!! > > > Withdraw from these waters, or face certain oblivion!!!! > ARRR, I must confess *burp* I'd invited yer scervy crew over for dinner last night *burp* > Sincerely: > Dr. Leffel > Lord of the Seven Seas > Mysterio Gal (who has long since crossed the lines of good taste) "This iron horse only goes around and around a man made duck pond in dummyland now!" --Crosley Bendix MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 > > P.S. - I have a hook for a hand, a peg for a leg, a helicopter > propeller > for a hat, and EVIL FOR A HEART!!! > MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!! > That's nothin' I gots a pickle for a mustache and a hampster for a mother NYEEEHEEHEEHEE > > > Mike "20,000 Leauges Under Me!" Leffel > --counting how long it takes before *I'm* yelled at for relevance... ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 01:54:37 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <378AE2AD.BDDA5178@conpoint.com> Organization: Leffel Brand Adult Undergarments Subject: Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Claire V Gray wrote: > > On Mon, 12 Jul 1999 21:48:03 -0500 Mike Leffel > writes: > > TO THE CREW OF CAPT'N ERIKA'S SHIP: > > > > Withdraw from these waters, or face certain oblivion!!!! > > > ARRR, I must confess *burp* I'd invited yer scervy crew over for dinner > last night *burp* > HA! That was my POISON CREW! Soon you'll turn into a fedit, bloating, pus ridden glob of a cannibal! Hee Hee! Hooray for the plague! > > Sincerely: > > Dr. Leffel > > Lord of the Seven Seas > > > > P.S. - I have a hook for a hand, a peg for a leg, a helicopter > > propeller > > for a hat, and EVIL FOR A HEART!!! > > MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!! > > > That's nothin' I gots a pickle for a mustache Well look at you! Crazy Pickle Moustache! You've got a god damned pickle for a moustache! Have you ever seen anything more sad, than a woman with a pickle for a moustache? Now, give me some damn candy! It's Sandler Week! Shoot me! Dr. Leffel Lord of the Seven Seas, and Wisconson. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 03:06:13 -0400 Subject: Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Message-ID: <19990713.030630.-246771.3.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray > HA! That was my POISON CREW! Soon you'll turn into a fedit, > bloating, > pus ridden glob of a cannibal! Hee Hee! Hooray for the plague! > ARRR In my state of mental illness *vomit*, I do not know the meaning of poison, thus it does not effect me ArRrR Plus, I lost my stomache in Nam'. And I seem to be hallucinating > > > Sincerely: > > > Dr. Leffel Do you have a PhD in Leffelism? > > > Lord of the Seven Seas > Mysterio Gal (Clagr McBlu aka Vanessa Siesta) "This iron horse only goes around and around a man made duck pond in dummyland now!" --Crosley Bendix MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 > > > > > > P.S. - I have a hook for a hand, a peg for a leg, a helicopter > > > propeller > > > for a hat, and EVIL FOR A HEART!!! > > > MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!! > > > > > That's nothin' I gots a pickle for a mustache > > Well look at you! Crazy Pickle Moustache! You've got a god damned > pickle for a moustache! Have you ever seen anything more sad, than > a woman with a pickle for a moustache? Now, give me some damn candy! > > It's Sandler Week! Shoot me! > > > Dr. Leffel > Lord of the Seven Seas, and Wisconson. ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 06:26:08 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TMBG: I'll have to share my pirate's position with Dex :-) Message-ID: <8013-378B3E70-10511@postoffice-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Well, I see now that Dex has already applied for guard of the prisoners, so I'll have to share quartermaster's duties with him, I'll just be the one in charge of dividing up the loot for the crew -- sound fair, Dex? Sounds good to me! -dex ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:33:52 -0400 (EDT) From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net Message-Id: <199907131333.JAA07711@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: Invitation to join eriKasCrew@onelist.com Hello, I would like to invite you to join the eriKasCrew mailing list. The description of this mailing list is: The meeting place for all members of Cap'n eriKa's tmbg-list pirate crew! And please, only members of Cap'n eriKa's crew on the list. Thank you. You can join this list by going to the following web page: http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/eriKasCrew If you do not wish to join this list, please ignore this message. Thanks, GhostKrabb@webtv.net List Owner ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <8d6043ea.24bca091@aol.com> Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:00:49 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: I'll have to share my pirate's position with Dex :-) In a message dated 7/13/99 9:29:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time, GhostKrabb@webtv.net writes: << Well, I see now that Dex has already applied for guard of the prisoners, so I'll have to share quartermaster's duties with him, I'll just be the one in charge of dividing up the loot for the crew -- sound fair, Dex? Sounds good to me! -dex >> Fine matey, fine...we can call ourselves the "co-quartermasters." Go Team Erika Rae! ;-) Karen "Gimme an E, Gimme an R...Aw Damn, I Forgot My Pom Poms!" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990713144049.80338.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: hi everybody im new Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 07:40:48 PDT Sarah (another one?) wrote: >On a different note, I was wondering how long it took other people to >actually start getting things from the Info Club. I don't know. I think it took me a few months, but I signed up during a dry period in terms of mailings. While the Info Club is generally fairly slow at mailing merchandise (or so I've heard), they usually mail newsletters and stuff to most members at around the same time. I suppose it's possibly that they didn't process your request yet, though. Hopefully, Operator Dot will be able to help you with your problem. >I signed up a while ago >and I didn't get anything and then I signed up again and I didn't get >anything and now I'm hearing about this free concert and I'm FREAKING >out >because I could go if I had a postcard, but I don't. : ( Well, I have a postcard, and I still can't go. Nathan Mulac "Not Sarah" DeHoff _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <378B5126.1A60B534@st.com> Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 08:45:58 -0600 From: Russ Josephson Organization: STMicroelectronics, Inc Subject: TMBG: Colorado Shows Hello! I've gotten tickets for the Thursday Ft. Collins show and the Friday Denver show. So if you're there, look for me. I hope to be able to make a video of the Denver show. Russ Josephson P.S. Does anybody know if KTCL will be doing another live interview of the two Johns this week? They ought to have plenty of time. P.P.S. John & John, if you need a tour guide for the day on Thursday, I can take you up to Rocky Mtn. National Park or something. SEE the bighorn sheep, SEE the alpine meadow, SEE the views, SEE the touristy shops of Estes Park, EAT the curly fries! -- WORK: HOME: mailto:Russell.JOSEPHSON@st.com mailto:russj@juno.com http://www.st.com http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199907131449.KAA16425@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:49:32 -0400 (EDT) Lord Leffel, The underwater wing-ed ornithopters of doom have been pieced together maliciously though with great ardor. Your wrathful release of latent spite toward the entire crew of Cap'n Erika's dilapidated vessel will surely overcome their goal of decadent joy and insufferable domination. Revel in the knowledge, master, that soon their ship will be scraping their barnacles upon the floor of thy mighty oceanic kingdom. Release thy evil sea goblins, wave ghouls, decaying wights, bubble demons, licentious lichen, and ornery ornithopters! Watch their craven corpses get swallowed by your minions of terrible nasties! -Garrulous Gareth ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990713145200.77388.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 07:52:00 PDT Claire V Gray wrote: >On Mon, 12 Jul 1999 21:48:03 -0500 Mike Leffel >writes: > > P.S. - I have a hook for a hand, a peg for a leg, a helicopter > > propeller > > for a hat, and EVIL FOR A HEART!!! > > MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!! > > >That's nothin' I gots a pickle for a mustache >and a hampster for a mother >NYEEEHEEHEEHEE Oh, yeah? Well, I have a doorknob for a nose, a meter for a foot (one of the advantages of being a metric pirate), and a boat for a car. HARHARHARHARHAR! Nathan Mulac "Shiver me timbers!" DeHoff _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: From: "Steel, W Lee" Subject: TMBG: test Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:13:47 -0400 this is just a test. sorry for the inconvenience. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990713180023.10782.rocketmail@web214.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:00:23 -0700 (PDT) From: KRS Tyler Subject: TMBG: Brave New World & Space Ghost Does anyone no when in gods name the Space Ghost w/ flans is gonna air or the Brave New World thing i gots ta know y'all's g funk yo dawg === Chris Tyler Check out my sites: http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/12rods http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/stadium/8282 http://www.angelfire.com/ny/gamersquad _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <378B805D.C53227A9@st.com> Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:07:25 -0600 From: Russ Josephson Organization: STMicroelectronics, Inc Subject: Re: TMBG: Colorado Shows Use the following link: http://www.ticketweb.com/user?region=colorado&query=search&month=6&day=13&year=99&search=they+might+be+giants J.Kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu wrote: > is there a way for me to buy tickets for the fort collins show from out of > state? who do i talk to? > > --jim kuemmerle > > j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu > http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ -- WORK: HOME: STMicroelectronics Russ Josephson mailto:Russell.JOSEPHSON@st.com mailto:russj@juno.com http://www.st.com http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:18:57 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Brave New World & Space Ghost << Does anyone no when in gods name the Space Ghost w/ flans is gonna air or the Brave New World thing i gots ta know y'all's g funk yo dawg >> The new season of Space Ghost starts in August, so it won't be til then. The Brave New World segments will begin airing in late August/early September, as that is when the network's new season begins. Hope that helps! Kay ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:07:14 -0500 From: Laura Hellbling Message-ID: <378B9C71.25EBAE50@connectria.com> Organization: no thank you Subject: TMBG: Re: hi everybody im new > Dear List Members, > Hi, I'm Karen's (MuseKJ) daughter, Lamberly -- you might of > heard of me. Hi, Lamberly, I am Laura. Er, Mary's sister. You have indeed beaten me out as youngest member, but that is okay. I'll celebrate. YAY! > I hope to see TMBG on the 19th of this month. You are a very lucky little sailor elf. Speaking of TMBG...... am I the ONLY one who went to the 7/10 St. Louis show? I shall go post my set list and stuff now. Hooray! "as cool as money", Laura, official navigator. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:15:04 -0500 From: Laura Hellbling Message-ID: <378B9E48.B2397C9E@connectria.com> Organization: no thank you Subject: Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Lord of the 7 Seas Leffel: > Withdraw from these waters, or face certain oblivion!!!! Perhaps I should (could) be the bodyguard also. I can kick people. Or maybe just an assistant bodyguard, if someone else wants to be body guard. > P.S. - I have a hook for a hand, a peg for a leg, a helicopter propeller > for a hat, and EVIL FOR A HEART!!! So....... you're half Inspector Gadget and half Dr. Evil?..... da da da dum da da da da dada da da dum, Laura ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:30:20 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <378BA1DC.5A7D1C22@conpoint.com> Organization: Leffel Brand Adult Undergarments Subject: Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Laura Hellbling wrote: > > Lord of the 7 Seas Leffel: > > > Withdraw from these waters, or face certain oblivion!!!! > > Perhaps I should (could) be the bodyguard also. I can kick people. Or > maybe just an assistant bodyguard, if someone else wants to be body guard. > Are you applying for my ship, or just talking to yourself while you collect flies?! ANSWER ME! (WhipSnap!) > > P.S. - I have a hook for a hand, a peg for a leg, a helicopter propeller > > for a hat, and EVIL FOR A HEART!!! > > So....... you're half Inspector Gadget and half Dr. Evil?..... > da da da dum da da da da dada da da dum, > Laura Thats it! Feel the wrath of my Orinthopters Of Doom! Dr. James, Release The Hounds!!!! Mike "Leo should advertise the tmbg-list on the OT list!" Leffel er.. Dr. Leffel Lord of the Seven Seas, and Mayonnaise. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:25:09 -0500 From: Laura Hellbling Message-ID: <378BA0A4.395DDA99@connectria.com> Organization: no thank you Subject: TMBG: the good ship eriKa Hey, just a thought, but have you thought of naming the ship? You could always name it, Unnamed Boat, like in "Small Gods" Or think of a name. Or decide not to conform to thins *naming* thing and leave it without a name. the power of free will. okay. vorbis is eeeeeeviiiillll, Laura i am the lorax, i speak for the trees* *looooove that movie ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:28:11 -0500 From: Laura Helbling Message-ID: <378BA15A.FE6EAC94@connectria.com> Organization: no thank you Subject: Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Mayonnaise Mike: > Laura Hellbling wrote: > > > > Lord of the 7 Seas Leffel: > > > > > Withdraw from these waters, or face certain oblivion!!!! > > > > Perhaps I should (could) be the bodyguard also. I can kick people. Or > > maybe just an assistant bodyguard, if someone else wants to be body guard. > > > > Are you applying for my ship, or just talking to yourself while you > collect flies?! ANSWER ME! (WhipSnap!) No no no, you silly frog. I meant that perhaps eriKa's ship needs a body guard to protect _against_ you. Hm. > > > > > P.S. - I have a hook for a hand, a peg for a leg, a helicopter propeller > > > for a hat, and EVIL FOR A HEART!!! > > > > So....... you're half Inspector Gadget and half Dr. Evil?..... > > da da da dum da da da da dada da da dum, > > Laura > > Thats it! Feel the wrath of my Orinthopters Of Doom! Dr. James, Release > The > Hounds!!!! > > Mike "Leo should advertise the tmbg-list on the OT list!" Leffel > er.. > > Dr. Leffel > Lord of the Seven Seas, and Mayonnaise. ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199907132051.QAA11405@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:51:07 -0400 (EDT) > > > P.S. - I have a hook for a hand, a peg for a leg, a helicopter propeller > > > for a hat, and EVIL FOR A HEART!!! > > > > So....... you're half Inspector Gadget and half Dr. Evil?..... > > da da da dum da da da da dada da da dum, > > Laura > > > Thats it! Feel the wrath of my Orinthopters Of Doom! Dr. James, Release > The > Hounds!!!! > Ornithopters released! Feel the wrath, Laura-One! They'll sting you with their big teeth. I can feel their venom surge into your system like a veritable swarm of chihuahuas on tacos. Another victory unfolds before us, Lord Leffel. -Dr. "Rick" James ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:09:56 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7mg97p$vjh$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Brave New World & Space Ghost KRS Tyler wrote in message news:19990713180023.10782.rocketmail@web214.mail.yahoo.com... > Does anyone no when in gods name the Space Ghost w/ flans is gonna air > or the Brave New World thing i gots ta know y'all's g funk yo dawg Flans said at the show on 7/9 that the Brave New World segments start on July 29th. -Jay ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:58:10 -0500 From: Laura Helbling Message-ID: <378BA862.63DF58ED@connectria.com> Organization: no thank you Subject: TMBG: St. Louis Show (finally, sorry for the wait) Hello. I am going to suppose no one from the list went to the Lovelight Festival. Sheesh, all I see is subjects about the Chicago show and then ya'll move on to the Colorado shows. Ah, well. If anyone was there, I was the five foot three brunette in the happiness shirt. But there were MANY people in happiness shirts. Plus, I had to stay in the back section with people lying down on blankets and stuff. I wanted to bounce on their carryout and make them stand up and appreciate it all. Seriously, I was the one rockin' the back. Next time though, I'm going up front. My (lucky, yet several years older than me) cousin, got to be up front, get in a mosh pit, and join the conga line. sigh. And a family friend (only two years older than me) got Dan (which one, which one?) Miller's autograph. Next time though. And there will be a next time. One of the many disadvantages of being not up front is that its rather hard to hear what They say. But I do recall them saying they'd be back in September. They also said a little thing about how they had been touring for years now, and were getting lazy, so they wanted us to call and write Mississippi Nights to get them to book Them for 2 or 3 nights in a row. Wouldn't _that_ kick ass. I wish you all (especially you near the Pacific coast) could live here. Hmmm. Anyway, I made a few sacrifices to try and expose others to Them. That is, I allowed my dad to let my aunt, uncle and twin 12 year old cousins to come. And my 11 year old sister, who asked id they would play Purple Toupee or Birdhouse. I said probably Birdhouse and then they didn't and I felt bad but then they played it as the first encore and we were bouncing the heck out of everyone and it was good. We arrived half way during mesh, and we heard all of sarah cloud. And (OF COURSE) all of TMBG, but we had to leave before Cowboy Mouth, because my guests were tired. Bah! Anyway, I think there may have been more people there for Tmbg than CM. I saw a lot more They shirts, and it seemed to be a bit emptier when we left. Oh the joy!! I've never really seen more than 5 TMBG fans. Whee! Another bad thing about being in the back, seeing. If I wasn't already bouncing up and down anyway, I would've started, because that was what enabled me to see a bit. Methinks I was on the Flans side, because I saw more Flans. I could tell Flans had a white shirt, because it was really easy to see. I think Linnell's may have been striped. Flans was SOOO energetic as was Dan Hickey. And it was MY FIRST CONCERT! Whee. Just the thought that there were a bunch of people actually listening to some of my favorite songs. Whee. I got a Lovelight Festival shirt (it listed the bands on the back) and I kept my cool, free, red, eveready, concert style flashlight. Ya know, the kind people use like instead of lighters, I suppose.. I was going crazy. AND.....I wrote the setlist on my leg. Its still there as I type. A bit faded. Well, actually, I only got up to twisting and then the damn pen ran out. But my dad had a pencil and a piece of paper. Here we go ----------------------- particle man famous polka (w/out the words) edith head (first time hearing..) til my head falls off actual size racist friend James K Polk Older (*my first time hearing it) Istanbul Cyclops Rock(* ditto) Spider The Guitar ---some new song of which I recalled some of the lyrics from people posting them but didn't know the name Twisting---(this was a VERY rockin' version) --i don't know this song Sun (estrogen, estrogen, estrogen, and estrogen) S-E-X-X-Y--(dedicated to the ladies) Spiraling Shape Teenage Wasteland (from the Who's Tommy) She's an Angel Dr. Worm ("this song is about a worm, who thinks he's a doctor") --------------- encores: Birdhouse New York City (complete with a plug for the fan only show) I think that was all I was gonna say. Thank you! They Might Be Giants rock!, Laura ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990713141332.006a2884@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:13:32 -0700 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: St. Louis Show (finally, sorry for the wait) At 03:58 PM 7/13/99 -0500, Laura Helbling wrote: > >Teenage Wasteland (from the Who's Tommy) You mean "Baba O'Reilly". Common mistake. BTW, if you want to hear an awesome cover of Baba O'Reilly, pick up "No Strings Attached" by Those Darn Accordions! or visit http://www.thosedarnaccordions.com/ -Adam ________________________________________________________ NetZero - We believe in a FREE Internet. Shouldn't you? Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990713212355.11768.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Miss Karen" Subject: Non-TMBG: Candy Butchers Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:23:55 PDT I found a promo CD of the Candy Butchers called Falling into Place at a used record store recently. Actually, the band is called Mike Viola & The Candy Butchers. It's being released on August 31 on RPM Records. I heard it a couple of times and thought it's kind of generic pop-sounding. Like Bryan Adams, Aerosmith, Rod Stewart in the 80s. I'm trying so hard to like it since I've been wanting to hear something from them since I first saw them opening for TMBG at Irving Plaza a couple of years ago. It's sl-o-w-ly growing on me. -Miz K _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:36:42 -0500 From: Laura Helbling Message-ID: <378BB16A.A622EDB1@connectria.com> Organization: no thank you Subject: Re: TMBG: St. Louis Show (finally, sorry for the wait) Adam (who might possibly know more than my dad gasp)Tyner wrote: > At 03:58 PM 7/13/99 -0500, Laura Helbling wrote: > > > >Teenage Wasteland (from the Who's Tommy) > > You mean "Baba O'Reilly". Common mistake. BTW, if > you want to hear an awesome cover of Baba O'Reilly, pick up "No Strings > Attached" by Those Darn Accordions! or visit > http://www.thosedarnaccordions.com/ Well, thank you, but don't go blaming me! It was my dad, I swear! I had no idea what it was! (but thanks : ) ) barbaloots in their barbaloot suits, Laura ------------------------------ From: DKocar@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:53:13 EDT Subject: Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale I knew I should've made you walk the plank when I had the chance!!! But our ship is strong...you will have trouble even with your special submarine thingy. Diana ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:50:03 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <378BD0AB.C93B5FA4@conpoint.com> Organization: Leffel Brand Adult Undergarments Subject: Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale DKocar@aol.com wrote: > > I knew I should've made you walk the plank when I had the chance!!! > > But our ship is strong...you will have trouble even with your special > submarine thingy. I can't participate in this silly pirate thread right now, as I am doing it with my sidekick/sex slave/ Hired Assassin Celestia!!!! Dr. Leffel Lord of the Seven Seas And Karma Sutra! ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <36f6533b.24bd35f0@aol.com> Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 20:38:08 EDT Subject: Re: NonTMBG: Mike Leffel's Narwhale Don't really need a body guard. If our dear captain is ever attacked I can just stand in for her since I'm her stunt double as she gets away again and again each time. -Amber the Transcendent ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 22:06:56 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: the good ship eriKa Message-ID: <19990713.221558.-556977.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" So, it just occurred to me that I accidentally sent my last post to just one person (whomever it was, I apologize), and not the list. Hell. Anyway, to sum it up, everyone got their jobs, and I sobbed a while about Leffel's betraying of me. >Hey, just a thought, but have you thought of naming the ship? You could >always name it, Unnamed Boat, like in "Small Gods" Or think of a >name. Or decide not to conform to thins *naming* thing and leave it >without a name. the power of free will. okay. I'm gonna just let it choose it's own name. It's a free-living creature. ever-sincere, eriKa, ar, mike leffel has scurvy. i'm finding his teeth all over the place. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 22:40:57 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <378C06C9.9E5A9B37@conpoint.com> Organization: Leffel Brand Adult Undergarments Subject: Re: TMBG: the good ship eriKa Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: > > So, it just occurred to me that I accidentally sent my last post to just > one person (whomever it was, I apologize), and not the list. Hell. > Anyway, to sum it up, everyone got their jobs, and I sobbed a while about > Leffel's betraying of me. > ^_^ Not only that, but I just fed your cat a sofa! AN EXPOSIVE SOFA!!!! MUHUHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!! Dr. Leffel Lord of the Seven Seas Brought to you by Kelloggs ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 00:10:11 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: the good ship eriKa Message-ID: <19990714.001012.-616225.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" >^_^ Not only that, but I just fed your cat a sofa! Well, that was your big mistake because... I DON'T HAVE A FREAKING CAT! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! >AN EXPOSIVE SOFA!!!! Watch out, it's gonna... expove. Ahh. ever-sincere, eriKa, damn, i hate it when my furniture expoves. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 00:02:19 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <378C19DB.BC752E7C@conpoint.com> Organization: Leffel Brand Adult Undergarments Subject: Re: TMBG: the good ship eriKa Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: > > >^_^ Not only that, but I just fed your cat a sofa! > > >AN EXPOSIVE SOFA!!!! > > Well, that was your big mistake because... > I DON'T HAVE A FREAKING CAT! > WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! > Oh... that wasn't a cat? Oh no! It was Lamberly! KAAAABOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!! BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Mike "It's rainin' kibbles and bits!" Leffel Dr. Leffel Lord of the Seven Seas "expLosive" damn it! ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #19-14 ******************************