Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #19-16 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 19, Number 16 Friday, 16 July 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: The TMBG-list TMBG: TMBG(List): Observations NONTMBG: I have a comment PS Longtime listies read TMBG: regarding buckland & other list-related things Very-TMBG: Got this in my e-mail box a few minutes ago TMBG: regarding buckland & other list-related things TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list Re: Very-TMBG: Got this in my e-mail box a few minutes ago RE: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list TMBG: NYC Free concert TMBG: NYC Free concert TMBG: NYC Free concert TMBG: NYC Free concert TMBG: NYC Free concert Re: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list Re: TMBG: The TMBG-list -Reply TMBG: NYC Free concert Re: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list Re: TMBG: The TMBG-list -Reply Re: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list TMBG: NYC Free concert TMBG: Mark Paulsen Virus Re: TMBG: The TMBG-list -Reply Re: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list TMBG: NYC Free concert Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 01:05:33 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <378D7A2C.51C6F25D@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG-list Josh Buckland wrote: > >I ever done to you or anyone else?), it's that you go and rag on Karen. > >So what if she's proud of her kids? > > A) You seemed to have missed he little reminders as to who said what. I > really don't have a damn the thing against you, Karen, or her daughter. I > was making fun of the subject lines that pop-up on the list from time to > time. I might remind you that she was the one ripping on people. Not to get too involved, but what was the point you were trying to get across? To create a bunch of thread topics that never existed, name a few people you dislike, and then explain that your friend said everything damaging to the list... And if she's an ex-list member, why would being anonymous be so important? Are people going to get angry with her? I doubt it very highly. Many people voice distaste with things on the list, and they don't get flamed to oblivion. > B) You should all be pretty glad that I edited out about 56% of what was > said. Mostly comming from her end. Why would you have edited it at all? To offend a select few? I just don't care, and I doubt most of the list truly cares what you discuss with your friends in the privacy of your own chat/email/conversations... If we all re-shared what we shared with people in private on this list, it would be a very stuffy list indeed. Bob Scott ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 02:47:08 -0400 From: Sarah Subject: TMBG: TMBG(List): Observations Message-id: <378D83EB.922787FF@wmich.edu> Ho Hum..... there seems to be a bit of hostility in the air. I've been on and off this list for nearly two years and... for the sake of opinion, would like to share my thoughts on this list in general. I've seen outbreaks of hostility occur several times on the subject of off topic posts, hence the birth of the off topic list. In defense of such posts I think that they are a part of what makes this list interesting. You can only discuss any certain aspect of TMBG so much before it gets... "old". Right now there is not a whole lot going on in the world of TMBG. LTW is not quite out yet, Brave New World hasn't aired yet, and neither has the long awaited episode of Space Ghost. I know that once the aforementioned events take place, that they will indeed be discussed in full. In the meantime I don't see the harm in off topic posts to keep the list active. True, they sometimes get out of hand. But it's not like they last forever. And You don't have to read EVERY post. I do understand how it can be especially annoying to people who receive the Digest... which is partially why I switched to normal List mode. But there are some things in life we have to accept... like off topic posts. Also, it seems to me that Josh is often the root of bad feelings on this list. Why, I care not to discuss... it's just an observation. I just think it's a shame that people can keep things to themselves, especially petty things which the rest of the world accepts as minor nuances. Okay, that's all for now. I hope things return to 'normal' around here... ~Sarah "All I want is PEACE!!!!" PS... LTW is sooner to arrive than ever!! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000301beceb0$8a481ba0$c4570e04@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: NONTMBG: I have a comment PS Longtime listies read Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 06:55:20 -0400 Re: The Pirate thing I don't enjoy the off-topic things so much sometimes, but it was nice to see so many people jumping in and being creative. That kind of thing... like others in the past (remember the trading cards, the buttknobs and others) have been quick, fun ways of showing who we are. They die after a couple of days and make for some interesting threads. These are quite different from the do you like Jar-Jar Binks and other off-topic posts. These things revel things about who we are. They inspire creativity and diversity. It's a shame not everyone sees it as such. Re: NONTMBG MOST everyone is using this in their subjects and that is VERY VERY cool. As someone who 50% of the time doesn't read the NONTMBG messages, this is helpful. People are also being very cool about changing the subject line when the thread changes... this is a tribute to you all. Re: Mike Leffel What are you doing that makes the text on my email client mess up EVERY time I open one of your messages???????? Re: Old friends Just wanted to smile and pass a nod on to all of my old friends... we don't speak up as much as we used to, but we're still here. The newer folks may not even know that we still read or even that we exist, but I know that we're here. Is there anyone that's been here for years and years that still posts? For the most part, I don't think we do, but I'm still sending out the love. FYI... if you can't remember when Sam "Blue Dawg" got into it with the entire list over the Pink Album/Blue Dawg Album thing or when ruprecht made everyone tear out their hair or... (this could've gone on forever, but I'll stop... you get the point) you probably haven't been here for years and years, but we still love you... this is just a shout out to those veterans. Brother John Green Jello ________________________________________________________ NetZero - We believe in a FREE Internet. Shouldn't you? Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <36fcfff4.24bf3d02@aol.com> Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:32:50 EDT Subject: TMBG: regarding buckland & other list-related things this apparently never made it through; sorry if you already got it. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] EMusic.com & Yahoo! to Host Exclusive Web-Launch of 'They Might Be Giants' Fans Can Listen Live to Special Launch Party Concert, Download the 'Long Tall Weekend' Album, and Chat With the Band Yahoo! Music & EMusic.com to Also Sponsor NYC's Digital Club Festival July 20-23 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., July 15 /PRNewswire/ -- On July 19, EMusic.com Inc. (Nasdaq: EMUS), one of the Internet's leading sellers of downloadable music, and Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO), a leading global Internet media company, will host the Web launch of They Might Be Giants' (TMBG) Long Tall Weekend, the first album from a major artist to be released exclusively in the MP3 format. By going to Yahoo! Entertainment ( http://entertainment.yahoo.com ), a comprehensive, personalized and expansive single source for music, movies, and television news and information, fans will be able to listen to a Webcast of TMBG's premiere launch party concert live from New York City's Irving Plaza. Prior to the Webcast, fans can also participate in a live chat with members of the band by visiting Yahoo! Chat ( http://chat.yahoo.com ). In addition, EMusic.com will offer fans the opportunity to sample, download and purchase TMBG's new MP3 album from www.emusic.com for $8.99 -- or 99 cents per individual song. They Might Be Giants has built a reputation as one of the most innovative, unique rock bands in the world. The band is known for its live performances and has performed more than 1,000 shows around the world. TMBG has sold more than three million records worldwide and has released ten videos. Long Tall Weekend is the band's 11th album. "For the past decade, They Might Be Giants have been one of music's most progressive artists," said Gene Hoffman, EMusic.com president and CEO. "It is thrilling to be involved in this pioneering Internet music event that brings together TMBG and Yahoo!'s global audience in a truly innovative environment." "They Might Be Giants' exclusive Web launch of its MP3 album brings the future of music to Yahoo! users today in a groundbreaking, multimedia event," said Michael Latham, director of production, Entertainment & Media, Yahoo! Inc. "Fans can interact with the band just before they go on stage to perform for a live and virtual audience, and also have an opportunity to download and buy a full MP3 album directly online while the band is playing." The Web launch of the new MP3 album will begin at 7:00 p.m. (EDT) on Monday, July 19 with an open-to-the-public Web chat on Yahoo! Chat with TMBG's John Linnell and John Flansburgh. This will be followed by an exclusive audio Webcast of the premiere party concert hosted on Yahoo! Entertainment starting at approximately 10:00 p.m. (EDT). Yahoo! Music and EMusic.com at the New York Digital Club Festival (July 20-23) Yahoo! Music ( http://music.yahoo.com ), a primary source for the latest music information, is also a major sponsor of next week's Digital Club Festival, the world's largest online music event in terms of both viewers and performers. EMusic.com, an associate sponsor of the Digital Club Festival, will host the Festival's closing night party on Friday, July 23, with a concert featuring Guided By Voices, Lynnfield Pioneers and The American Revolution at the Bowery Ballroom. Now in its fifth year, the Digital Club Festival, formerly known as the Intel New York Music Festival, is an annual music event to combine the excitement of live music with cutting- edge, interactive technology. Founded by co-executive producers Andrew Rasiej, creator of Irving Plaza, and Michael Dorf, creator and owner of The Knitting Factory, the Festival has found its niche in creating a large-scale local event that can be accessed by a worldwide audience in real time via the Internet. For more information, visit www.digitalclubfest.com. They Might Be Giants TMBG's music has attracted an extremely diverse fan base ranging from children to older adults. The group's popularity and accessibility to fans has allowed them to build an extremely loyal, active Internet fan base. TMBG.com, the official Web site of the band, attracts thousands of visitors each week and there are dozens of Web sites created by the band's fervent fans. TMBG's Internet popularity was confirmed recently when TMBG member John Linnell was voted the ninth Most Beautiful Person in People Magazine's third annual "Most Beautiful People" online reader's poll. In addition, John Flansburgh recently found himself near the top of a Time Magazine online poll for the Person of the Century. Along with their next (old fashioned) CD release, TMBG are currently completing a children's album and a series of performance segments for ABC's "Nightline Primetime" to be broadcast this summer. About EMusic.com Since it was founded in January 1998, EMusic.com has established itself as a leader in the rapidly expanding market for downloadable music. www.emusic.com is a premier Web site for sampling and purchasing music in the MP3 format, which has become the de facto standard in the digital distribution of music with millions of users around the world. EMusic.com features a constantly expanding catalog of alternative, blues, hip-hop, jazz, pop, punk, techno and Indie rock music through its direct relationships with leading artists and exclusive licensing agreements with over 85 independent record labels, such as Epitaph, Rykodisc, Jewel-Paula, King Biscuit, spinART, Jetset and Ubiquity. From its collection of over 8,500 tracks, EMusic.com offers music fans complete albums for $8.99 or the ability to purchase individual tracks for 99 cents. The company is based in Redwood City, California. NOTE: EMusic.com and GoodNoise are trademarks of EMusic.com Inc. Yahoo! and the Yahoo! logo are registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. All other names may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Any forward-looking statements contained in this release involve a number of uncertainties, risks and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements to materially differ. Factors that could cause actual events or results to differ materially include, among others, those set forth in EMusic.com's S.E.C. report on Form 10-SB, which may be accessed via the Internet from a link on the following page: http://www.emusic.com/about/investor SOURCE EMusic.com Inc. CO: EMusic.com Inc.; Yahoo! Inc. ST: California IN: MLM ENT SU: PDT 07/15/99 06:00 EDT http://www.prnewswire.com To edit your profile, go to keyword NewsProfiles . For all of today's news, go to keyword News From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 10:03:50 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id KAA30036 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:03:50 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: (from bicknell@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id KAA30029 for tmbg-list-majordom@tmbg.org; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:03:50 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from bicknell) Received: from imo13.mx.aol.com (imo13.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.3]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id CAA94505 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 02:59:40 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from LimeZinger@aol.com) From: LimeZinger@aol.com Received: from LimeZinger@aol.com by imo13.mx.aol.com (IMOv20.21) id iFSWa17233 (4264) for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 02:58:49 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <60586be5.24bee0a8@aol.com> Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 02:58:48 EDT Subject: TMBG: regarding buckland & other list-related things To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 4.0.i for Mac sub 189 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: LimeZinger@aol.com er, first off, i'll state that i temporarily switched to digest form, for the purpose that starting later today, i'll be gone for a while, and i HATE coming home to a full mailbox of 400+ pieces of deletable ...*things*. ('specially since i'm frightfully anal-retentive, and have to at least skim every single one. rarely do i delete stuff without opening, until it becomes REALLY out of hand and/or completely disinterests me, like the star wars names or the favourite movies threads...) and, i highly recommend switching to digest as opposed to unsubscribing, if anyone's annoyed by the current state of the list. it makes temporary states of mass-deleting so much easier. :) feh. that having said, first, i'll quickly touch on buckland's new famous post. and i'll *say*, it's fairly well known on this list to ....well, to not flat out believe anything mr. josh has to say. i thought we'd learned this. i'll tell ya what *i* believe. *i* believe this supposed "anonymous girl" is really buckland in disguise, because he's too afraid to say anything as himself. (for fear of another lynching? who knows.) it was really unconvincing. [laugh] hrm. but then again, i *am* ms. skeptopotamous. ;) whoops, one more thing -- what in the hell is the point - anonymous girl or not - complaining about the offtopic list on this list? attempting to mock the offtopic threads... well, you knew they'd be offtopic, didn'tcha? it says right there in the list name, doesn't it? don't think anyone's going to support your attempted slanders on that one. aaaaand regarding the list itself... i was talking to someone (name withheld to protect the innocent :)) at a concert for a different band, not so long ago. said person used to be a fairly active poster on the list, but pretty much stopped. we kinda discussed the lists... err.. abundant... well...*flaws*, basically, and this person mentioned how they basically just delete it all. which got _me_ thinking.. if i wasn't such a devoted and clingy person , i probably would have unsubbed from this list a long long time ago. i guess i stick around 'cos i love the most of you. you're (for the MOST part) fun, intelligent people. and silly. :) not only that, but it's kinda ...neat (?) when you stick around a place long enough to become semi-emotionally attatched to a group of people that you sometimes might not even necessarily talk to personally. (my graduating class was kinda like that. {only not all of them were tmbg fans ;) just a few. } .. but it was still ... neat (? i need a thesaurus.) to see people from my high school class at my college orientation. makes it feel kinda like home. ) what the HELL am i rambling on about this for now? jesus. anyway... uhhhh... i guess what it boils down to is the ol' #1 on the recurring thread list: if you don't like it, unsubscribe. to my knowledge, no one is tied down in a chair being forced to read *any* mailing list or newsgroup (though that would be a really funny form of torture, wouldn't it?).... this list has been through many "this list is too off topic! blah blah blah!" flame wars. so this is nothing new. as for the newsgroup, ah, you know.. it's always seemed like a cheaper version of a tmbg discussion area. ;) i still visit and post, but it's not as good. and i can't speak for the current state of that either; i haven't been keeping up with it. [british accent time] though it has been rather shite lately, hasn' it? right now, that having said, i'll see you all when i return. i have a plane to catch in.. oh. .. about 10 hours. sarah From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 10:05:02 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id KAA30247 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:05:02 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: (from bicknell@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id KAA30241 for tmbg-list-majordom@tmbg.org; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:05:02 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from bicknell) Received: from polaris.pacificnet.net (polaris.pacificnet.net [207.171.0.250]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id GAA07507 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 06:03:45 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from ggr@pacificnet.net) Received: from pacificnet.net (pm3p-43.pacificnet.net [207.171.37.44]) by polaris.pacificnet.net (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id DAA19801 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 03:03:39 -0700 (PDT) env-from (ggr@pacificnet.net) Message-ID: <378DB2BE.4FB00670@pacificnet.net> Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 03:07:00 -0700 From: Bongo X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.51 (Macintosh; I; PPC) X-Accept-Language: en MIME-Version: 1.0 To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list References: <199907150604.CAA88314@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------12BC39BBDB1514EB25201FFF" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Bongo --------------12BC39BBDB1514EB25201FFF Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; x-mac-type="54455854"; x-mac-creator="4D4F5353" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > I think it would perhaps be a good idea for everyone here to think for a > moment about why they subscribe to this list, and what they're looking for in > it. And from what I've seen recently, if you're looking for TMBG content, I'm > not sure this is the right place anymore. > Very true. I won't go on about it though because it seems 80% of the listees have the attitude, "I'll flood the list with random comments and if anyone doesn't like it they can unsubscribe there ass from this list!" I guess I'm the only one that considers that rude. Its kind of like me saying, "if you walk through my neighborhood, I'll punch you in the face and if you don't like it, then don't walk through my neighborhood." I don't mind things that are at least vaugely related to TMBG. And I don't mind a few OT posts. When the offtopic posts outnumber the TMBG ones it really kills the list. Ideally it should stay at under 30%. If only there were a place specially designated for TMBG fans to talk about other things. Well, there is. Its a list just for that purpose. For more info, go to: http://www.onelist.com/searchlist.cgi?searchval=TMBGofftopic Its fun, informative and guilt free! Of course many of you will ask yourself, "Why should I have to push extra buttons to sign up to that list when I can be a discourteous slimeball right here?" If that is the way you feel, I guess I can't teach you any manners. I'm looking forward to seeing you rebuttals .... but not HERE! Send them to the offtopic list. Well, I'll let you move on to next post now (on The Art of Toenail Clipping). Enjoy. -B O N G O --------------12BC39BBDB1514EB25201FFF Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Lawrence P Solomon <zaph@tmbg.org> wrote:
I think it would perhaps be a good idea for everyone here to think for a
moment about why they subscribe to this list, and what they're looking for in
it.  And from what I've seen recently, if you're looking for TMBG content, I'm
not sure this is the right place anymore.

Very true. I won't go on about it though because it seems 80% of the listees have the attitude, "I'll flood the list with  random comments and if anyone doesn't like it they can unsubscribe there ass from this list!" I guess I'm the only one that considers that rude.

Its kind of like me saying, "if you walk through my neighborhood, I'll punch you in the face and if you don't like it, then don't walk through my neighborhood."  I don't mind things that are at least vaugely related to TMBG. And I don't mind a few OT posts. When the offtopic posts outnumber the TMBG ones it really kills the list. Ideally it should stay at under 30%.

If only there were a place specially designated for TMBG fans to talk about other things. Well, there is. Its a list just for that purpose.
For more info, go to:
http://www.onelist.com/searchlist.cgi?searchval=TMBGofftopic

Its fun, informative and guilt free!

Of course many of you will ask yourself, "Why should I have to push extra buttons to sign up to that list when I can be a discourteous slimeball right here?" If that is the way you feel, I guess I can't teach you any manners.

I'm looking forward to seeing you rebuttals .... but not HERE!  Send them to the offtopic list.

Well, I'll let you move on to next post now (on The Art of Toenail Clipping). Enjoy.

-B    O    N    G    O
  --------------12BC39BBDB1514EB25201FFF-- From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 10:18:25 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id KAA31635 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:18:25 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo19.mx.aol.com (imo19.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.9]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id KAA31624 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:18:24 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from LimeZinger@aol.com) From: LimeZinger@aol.com Received: from LimeZinger@aol.com by imo19.mx.aol.com (IMOv20.21) id iZKPa02779 (7996) for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:06:48 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:06:48 EDT Subject: Re: Very-TMBG: Got this in my e-mail box a few minutes ago To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 4.0.i for Mac sub 189 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: LimeZinger@aol.com In a message dated 07.15.99 10.03.59 AM, MuseKJ@aol.com writes: <> ...and people ask "what's the point voting in those silly polls?" .... hehe. :) sarah From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 10:41:09 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id KAA34298 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:41:09 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mailrelay2.pfizer.com (pfizergate.pfizer.com [192.77.198.2]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with SMTP id KAA34284 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:41:08 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from w_lee_steel@groton.pfizer.com) Received: from nycmsw04.pfizer.com by mailrelay2.pfizer.com (SMI-8.6/SMI-SVR4) id KAA19615; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:40:32 -0400 Received: from nycexcn03.pfizer.com (unverified) by nycmsw04.pfizer.com (Content Technologies SMTPRS 2.0.15) with ESMTP id ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:40:28 -0400 Received: by NYCEXCN03.pfizer.com with Internet Mail Service (5.5.2232.9) id <3PHYDPVG>; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:40:27 -0400 Message-Id: From: "Steel, W Lee" To: "'Bongo'" , tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: RE: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:40:26 -0400 MIME-Version: 1.0 X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2232.9) Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Steel, W Lee" I couldn't agree with your statements more. I already have way more email that the average person needs and I subscribed to this list mainly for information on the Johns and sharing of interesting RELATED stuff. It becomes very cumbersome to have to look through 50 some posts a day only to find one item of interest. Personally, I don't care how everyone on the list wears their hair, what kind of cereal they eat or what cartoon character underwear they currently have on. "Just the facts Maam!" Give me Johns 24 hours a day and I'll be quiet and return to my semi-lurking status. There, I have vented. Lee Steel Pfizer Engineering x23660 pager: (800) 760-6206 -----Original Message----- From: Bongo [mailto:ggr@pacificnet.net] Sent: Thursday, July 15, 1999 6:07 AM To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list Lawrence P Solomon wrote: I think it would perhaps be a good idea for everyone here to think for a moment about why they subscribe to this list, and what they're looking for in it. And from what I've seen recently, if you're looking for TMBG content, I'm not sure this is the right place anymore. Very true. I won't go on about it though because it seems 80% of the listees have the attitude, "I'll flood the list with random comments and if anyone doesn't like it they can unsubscribe there ass from this list!" I guess I'm the only one that considers that rude. Its kind of like me saying, "if you walk through my neighborhood, I'll punch you in the face and if you don't like it, then don't walk through my neighborhood." I don't mind things that are at least vaugely related to TMBG. And I don't mind a few OT posts. When the offtopic posts outnumber the TMBG ones it really kills the list. Ideally it should stay at under 30%. If only there were a place specially designated for TMBG fans to talk about other things. Well, there is. Its a list just for that purpose. For more info, go to: http://www.onelist.com/searchlist.cgi?searchval=TMBGofftopic Its fun, informative and guilt free! Of course many of you will ask yourself, "Why should I have to push extra buttons to sign up to that list when I can be a discourteous slimeball right here?" If that is the way you feel, I guess I can't teach you any manners. I'm looking forward to seeing you rebuttals .... but not HERE! Send them to the offtopic list. Well, I'll let you move on to next post now (on The Art of Toenail Clipping). Enjoy. -B O N G O From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 10:50:55 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id KAA35461 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:50:55 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail1.its.rpi.edu (paulsm2@mail1.its.rpi.edu [128.113.100.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id KAA35451 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:50:54 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from paulsm2@rpi.edu) Received: (from paulsm2@localhost) by mail1.its.rpi.edu (8.8.8/8.8.6) id KAA26830; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:50:53 -0400 Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990715105057.007ff360@mail.its.rpi.edu> X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:50:57 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: "Mark L. Paulsen" Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" Does anyone have extra tickets to the free concert in NYC on July 19? If so, and you need to get rid of one or two, I am interested. Please let me know. Thanks! -Mark From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 10:52:15 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id KAA35673 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:15 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail1.its.rpi.edu (paulsm2@mail1.its.rpi.edu [128.113.100.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id KAA35662 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:13 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from paulsm2@rpi.edu) Received: (from paulsm2@localhost) by mail1.its.rpi.edu (8.8.8/8.8.6) id KAA49032; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:13 -0400 Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990715105109.00809a10@mail.its.rpi.edu> X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:51:09 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: "Mark L. Paulsen" Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:50:57 -0400 >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" > >Does anyone have extra tickets to the free concert in NYC on July 19? > >If so, and you need to get rid of one or two, I am interested. > >Please let me know. > >Thanks! > >-Mark > > > *--------------------------------------------------------------------------* Mark L. Paulsen '93 Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations Professional & Distance Education (518) 276 - 2845 paulsm2@rpi.edu *-------------------------------------------------------------------------* Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 10:52:30 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id KAA35745 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:30 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail1.its.rpi.edu (paulsm2@mail1.its.rpi.edu [128.113.100.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id KAA35734 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:29 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from paulsm2@rpi.edu) Received: (from paulsm2@localhost) by mail1.its.rpi.edu (8.8.8/8.8.6) id KAA07740; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:28 -0400 Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990715105229.007e2e90@mail.its.rpi.edu> X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:29 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: "Mark L. Paulsen" Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:51:09 -0400 >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" > >>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:50:57 -0400 >>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >> >>Does anyone have extra tickets to the free concert in NYC on July 19? >> >>If so, and you need to get rid of one or two, I am interested. >> >>Please let me know. >> >>Thanks! >> >>-Mark >> >> >> >*--------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Mark L. Paulsen '93 >Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >Professional & Distance Education >(518) 276 - 2845 >paulsm2@rpi.edu >*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. > > *--------------------------------------------------------------------------* Mark L. Paulsen '93 Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations Professional & Distance Education (518) 276 - 2845 paulsm2@rpi.edu *-------------------------------------------------------------------------* Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 10:53:58 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id KAA35981 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:53:58 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail1.its.rpi.edu (paulsm2@mail1.its.rpi.edu [128.113.100.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id KAA35970 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:53:57 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from paulsm2@rpi.edu) Received: (from paulsm2@localhost) by mail1.its.rpi.edu (8.8.8/8.8.6) id KAA26748; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:53:56 -0400 Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990715105246.007e3dc0@mail.its.rpi.edu> X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:46 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: "Mark L. Paulsen" Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:29 -0400 >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" > >>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:51:09 -0400 >>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >> >>>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:50:57 -0400 >>>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>> >>>Does anyone have extra tickets to the free concert in NYC on July 19? >>> >>>If so, and you need to get rid of one or two, I am interested. >>> >>>Please let me know. >>> >>>Thanks! >>> >>>-Mark >>> >>> >>> >>*--------------------------------------------------------------------------* >>Mark L. Paulsen '93 >>Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >>Professional & Distance Education >>(518) 276 - 2845 >>paulsm2@rpi.edu >>*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >>Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >>drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >>he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. >> >> >*--------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Mark L. Paulsen '93 >Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >Professional & Distance Education >(518) 276 - 2845 >paulsm2@rpi.edu >*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. > > *--------------------------------------------------------------------------* Mark L. Paulsen '93 Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations Professional & Distance Education (518) 276 - 2845 paulsm2@rpi.edu *-------------------------------------------------------------------------* Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 10:58:58 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id KAA36588 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:58:58 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail1.its.rpi.edu (paulsm2@mail1.its.rpi.edu [128.113.100.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id KAA36576 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:58:57 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from paulsm2@rpi.edu) Received: (from paulsm2@localhost) by mail1.its.rpi.edu (8.8.8/8.8.6) id KAA07900; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:58:56 -0400 Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990715105412.00812e20@mail.its.rpi.edu> X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:54:12 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: "Mark L. Paulsen" Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:46 -0400 >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" > >>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:29 -0400 >>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >> >>>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:51:09 -0400 >>>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>> >>>>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>>>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:50:57 -0400 >>>>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>>>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>> >>>>Does anyone have extra tickets to the free concert in NYC on July 19? >>>> >>>>If so, and you need to get rid of one or two, I am interested. >>>> >>>>Please let me know. >>>> >>>>Thanks! >>>> >>>>-Mark >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>*------------------------------------------------------------------------ --* >>>Mark L. Paulsen '93 >>>Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >>>Professional & Distance Education >>>(518) 276 - 2845 >>>paulsm2@rpi.edu >>>*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >>>Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >>>drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >>>he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. >>> >>> >>*--------------------------------------------------------------------------* >>Mark L. Paulsen '93 >>Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >>Professional & Distance Education >>(518) 276 - 2845 >>paulsm2@rpi.edu >>*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >>Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >>drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >>he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. >> >> >*--------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Mark L. Paulsen '93 >Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >Professional & Distance Education >(518) 276 - 2845 >paulsm2@rpi.edu >*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. > > *--------------------------------------------------------------------------* Mark L. Paulsen '93 Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations Professional & Distance Education (518) 276 - 2845 paulsm2@rpi.edu *-------------------------------------------------------------------------* Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 11:00:48 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id LAA36894 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:00:48 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from smtp.snet.net (smtp.snet.net [204.60.6.11]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id LAA36880 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:00:46 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from linnel@snet.net) From: linnel@snet.net Received: from lifeline (sttn-sh5-port12.snet.net [204.60.53.12]) by smtp.snet.net (8.9.3/8.9.3/SNET-bmx-1.3/D-1.7/O-1.6) with SMTP id LAA20019 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:00:43 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199907151500.LAA20019@smtp.snet.net> To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:54:05 -0400 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list In-reply-to: <378DB2BE.4FB00670@pacificnet.net> X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Win32 (v3.01d) Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: linnel@snet.net > Its kind of like me saying, "if you walk through my neighborhood, I'll punch you in the > face and if you don't like it, then don't walk through my neighborhood." I don't mind > things that are at least vaugely related to TMBG. And I don't mind a few OT posts. When > the offtopic posts outnumber the TMBG ones it really kills the list. Ideally it should > stay at under 30%. but see... that's YOUR ideal percentage. perhaps MY ideal percentage is 6.3%. and maybe sarah's is 54.8%. and mikes is 98.26%...(please note that all percentages were made up...) you have to think of it both ways, i think. maybe some people came to the list to be in contact with other tmbg fans. i did. and by being able to converse (kinda) with other fans, i learn about other things that i might like. i've learned that there are a lot of tmbg fans that are also bff fans. that's cool. and i was introduced to mf. also very cool. AND i met a lot of really neat and interesting people... eriKa, mike, bob scott[insert dreamy sigh here], jim, jay, sarah, dex, karen... the list goes on! and even though they may not care or know of my existence, i know of theirs, and i like them. and anyone who wants information can certainly find it... if not here, somewhere else. it's not like we're depriving anyone of the chance to leanr about tmbg. we're just a bunch of goofy people. is that so bad? now... allow me to plug the off-topic list now. those of us who continually post off-topic, irrelevant posts actually went as far as to make a seperate list for the off-topic posts (thanks dex!). now... it KILLS me... just absolutely KILLS me that someone even bothered to complain about that list. for GOODNESS SAKE! i don't care who josh's supposed "anonymous" friend is. that's insane. "dammit... this off-topic list is just so damn off-topic. hrm." and really... the off- topic posts have, for the most part, been less abundant. yes yes, the pirate thing... whaaa whaa. one thread that was apologized for. there are much worse things in the world. i usually hate to get involved in these off-topic wars... but i felt the need to say my piece, because this is getting ridiculous. to be honest, i read the off-topic posts and delete many of the tmbg- oriented ones. i live in little bristol, ct... what do i care about a show that is going to happen in chicago? i'm interested in the aftermath, but i seriously don't care about all the hype because i have nothing to do with it. but do _I_ complain about the posts? no! why? because there ARE some people who are intrested in it. just like some people were interested in being a pirate. feh. i know, i know. it's a useless thing. but now i can just be calm and collected and continue on my merry way to bob scott's hou... er, i mean... the store... ahem... -jen i jerk not transfinite jeer. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 11:05:12 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id LAA37418 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:05:12 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from sys4.cambridge.uk.psi.net (sys4.cambridge.uk.psi.net [154.32.106.14]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id LAA37397; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:05:05 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from rhilton@bitc.org.uk) From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Received: (from uucp@localhost) by sys4.cambridge.uk.psi.net (8.9.1/8.9.1) with UUCP id PAA19950; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:40:30 +0100 (BST) Message-Id: Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:28:07 +0000 To: zaph@tmbg.org, tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG-list -Reply MIME-version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 X-Mailer: TFS Gateway /222000000/222050737/222002760/222100525/ Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by ussenterprise.ufp.org id LAA37400 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: rhilton@bitc.org.uk My turn! 1. The group ranges well past 40. No ageism please! >>> "zaph@tmbg.org" 15/July/1999 05:30am >>> Now we have a much more diverse group, ranging all the way from 13 to 40. 2. Every article I have read about email says that starting an argument on email is bad news as it always escalate out of control. 3. One of the best pieces of advice about radio broadcasting I ever received was that you shouldn't say anything on air that you would not be prepared to say to your slightly deaf maiden aunt in a crowded public place. We can a bit more liberal on this list but think before you hit the send button! 4. Josh Buckland aka dilbert_2000 is deeply immature. Let me start a new thread. What other goups do people subscribe to? I subscribe to a creative radio users group which sometimes comes up with real gems about community radio around the world. I used to subscribe to the Moxy Fruvous group but couldn't keep up. Richard From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 11:08:59 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id LAA37905 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:08:59 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail1.its.rpi.edu (paulsm2@mail1.its.rpi.edu [128.113.100.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id LAA37882 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:08:57 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from paulsm2@rpi.edu) Received: (from paulsm2@localhost) by mail1.its.rpi.edu (8.8.8/8.8.6) id LAA34826; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:08:57 -0400 Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990715110402.00814180@mail.its.rpi.edu> X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:04:02 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: "Mark L. Paulsen" Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:54:12 -0400 >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" > >>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:46 -0400 >>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >> >>>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:29 -0400 >>>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>> >>>>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>>>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:51:09 -0400 >>>>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>>>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>> >>>>>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>>>>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>>>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:50:57 -0400 >>>>>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>>>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>>>>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>>> >>>>>Does anyone have extra tickets to the free concert in NYC on July 19? >>>>> >>>>>If so, and you need to get rid of one or two, I am interested. >>>>> >>>>>Please let me know. >>>>> >>>>>Thanks! >>>>> >>>>>-Mark >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>>*------------------------------------------------------------------------ >--* >>>>Mark L. Paulsen '93 >>>>Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >>>>Professional & Distance Education >>>>(518) 276 - 2845 >>>>paulsm2@rpi.edu >>>>*----------------------------------------------------------------------- --* >>>>Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >>>>drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >>>>he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. >>>> >>>> >>>*------------------------------------------------------------------------ --* >>>Mark L. Paulsen '93 >>>Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >>>Professional & Distance Education >>>(518) 276 - 2845 >>>paulsm2@rpi.edu >>>*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >>>Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >>>drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >>>he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. >>> >>> >>*--------------------------------------------------------------------------* >>Mark L. Paulsen '93 >>Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >>Professional & Distance Education >>(518) 276 - 2845 >>paulsm2@rpi.edu >>*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >>Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >>drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >>he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. >> >> >*--------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Mark L. Paulsen '93 >Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >Professional & Distance Education >(518) 276 - 2845 >paulsm2@rpi.edu >*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. > > *--------------------------------------------------------------------------* Mark L. Paulsen '93 Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations Professional & Distance Education (518) 276 - 2845 paulsm2@rpi.edu *-------------------------------------------------------------------------* Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 11:08:59 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id LAA37916 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:08:59 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail1.its.rpi.edu (paulsm2@mail1.its.rpi.edu [128.113.100.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id LAA37887 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:08:58 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from paulsm2@rpi.edu) Received: (from paulsm2@localhost) by mail1.its.rpi.edu (8.8.8/8.8.6) id LAA55576; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:08:57 -0400 Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990715110402.00800c80@mail.its.rpi.edu> X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:04:02 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: "Mark L. Paulsen" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >From: linnel@snet.net >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:54:05 -0400 >Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list >X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Win32 (v3.01d) >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Reply-To: linnel@snet.net > > >> Its kind of like me saying, "if you walk through my neighborhood, I'll punch you in the >> face and if you don't like it, then don't walk through my neighborhood." I don't mind >> things that are at least vaugely related to TMBG. And I don't mind a few OT posts. When >> the offtopic posts outnumber the TMBG ones it really kills the list. Ideally it should >> stay at under 30%. > >but see... that's YOUR ideal percentage. perhaps MY ideal >percentage is 6.3%. and maybe sarah's is 54.8%. and mikes is >98.26%...(please note that all percentages were made up...) you >have to think of it both ways, i think. maybe some people came to >the list to be in contact with other tmbg fans. i did. and by being >able to converse (kinda) with other fans, i learn about other things >that i might like. i've learned that there are a lot of tmbg fans that >are also bff fans. that's cool. and i was introduced to mf. also very >cool. > > AND i met a lot of really neat and interesting people... eriKa, >mike, bob scott[insert dreamy sigh here], jim, jay, sarah, dex, >karen... the list goes on! and even though they may not care or >know of my existence, i know of theirs, and i like them. > > and anyone who wants information can certainly find it... if not >here, somewhere else. it's not like we're depriving anyone of the >chance to leanr about tmbg. we're just a bunch of goofy people. is >that so bad? > > now... allow me to plug the off-topic list now. those of us who >continually post off-topic, irrelevant posts actually went as far as to >make a seperate list for the off-topic posts (thanks dex!). now... it >KILLS me... just absolutely KILLS me that someone even bothered >to complain about that list. for GOODNESS SAKE! i don't care who >josh's supposed "anonymous" friend is. that's insane. "dammit... >this off-topic list is just so damn off-topic. hrm." and really... the off- >topic posts have, for the most part, been less abundant. yes yes, >the pirate thing... whaaa whaa. one thread that was apologized for. >there are much worse things in the world. > > i usually hate to get involved in these off-topic wars... but i felt >the need to say my piece, because this is getting ridiculous. to be >honest, i read the off-topic posts and delete many of the tmbg- >oriented ones. i live in little bristol, ct... what do i care about a >show that is going to happen in chicago? i'm interested in the >aftermath, but i seriously don't care about all the hype because i >have nothing to do with it. but do _I_ complain about the posts? no! >why? because there ARE some people who are intrested in it. just >like some people were interested in being a pirate. feh. > > i know, i know. it's a useless thing. but now i can just be >calm and collected and continue on my merry way to bob scott's >hou... er, i mean... the store... ahem... > > > -jen > >i jerk not transfinite jeer. > > *--------------------------------------------------------------------------* Mark L. Paulsen '93 Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations Professional & Distance Education (518) 276 - 2845 paulsm2@rpi.edu *-------------------------------------------------------------------------* Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 11:13:58 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id LAA38533 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:13:58 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail1.its.rpi.edu (paulsm2@mail1.its.rpi.edu [128.113.100.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id LAA38521 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:13:57 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from paulsm2@rpi.edu) Received: (from paulsm2@localhost) by mail1.its.rpi.edu (8.8.8/8.8.6) id LAA41946; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:13:56 -0400 Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990715110903.00807610@mail.its.rpi.edu> X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:09:03 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: "Mark L. Paulsen" Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG-list -Reply Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk >Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:28:07 +0000 >To: zaph@tmbg.org, tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG-list -Reply >X-Mailer: TFS Gateway /222000000/222050737/222002760/222100525/ >X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by ussenterprise.ufp.org id LAA37400 >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Reply-To: rhilton@bitc.org.uk > >My turn! > >1. The group ranges well past 40. No ageism please! >>>> "zaph@tmbg.org" 15/July/1999 05:30am >>> >Now we have a much more diverse group, ranging all the way from 13 >to 40. > >2. Every article I have read about email says that starting an argument on >email is bad news as it always escalate out of control. > >3. One of the best pieces of advice about radio broadcasting I ever >received was that you shouldn't say anything on air that you would not >be prepared to say to your slightly deaf maiden aunt in a crowded public >place. We can a bit more liberal on this list but think before you hit the >send button! > >4. Josh Buckland aka dilbert_2000 is deeply immature. > >Let me start a new thread. What other goups do people subscribe to? I >subscribe to a creative radio users group which sometimes comes up >with real gems about community radio around the world. I used to >subscribe to the Moxy Fruvous group but couldn't keep up. > >Richard > > > > *--------------------------------------------------------------------------* Mark L. Paulsen '93 Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations Professional & Distance Education (518) 276 - 2845 paulsm2@rpi.edu *-------------------------------------------------------------------------* Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 11:18:59 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id LAA39221 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:18:59 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail1.its.rpi.edu (paulsm2@mail1.its.rpi.edu [128.113.100.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id LAA39205 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:18:57 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from paulsm2@rpi.edu) Received: (from paulsm2@localhost) by mail1.its.rpi.edu (8.8.8/8.8.6) id LAA54516; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:18:57 -0400 Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990715111403.00814290@mail.its.rpi.edu> X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:14:03 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: "Mark L. Paulsen" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:04:02 -0400 >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" > >>From: linnel@snet.net >>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:54:05 -0400 >>Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list >>X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Win32 (v3.01d) >>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>Reply-To: linnel@snet.net >> >> >>> Its kind of like me saying, "if you walk through my neighborhood, >I'll punch you in the >>> face and if you don't like it, then don't walk through my neighborhood." > I don't mind >>> things that are at least vaugely related to TMBG. And I don't mind a few >OT posts. When >>> the offtopic posts outnumber the TMBG ones it really kills the list. >Ideally it should >>> stay at under 30%. >> >>but see... that's YOUR ideal percentage. perhaps MY ideal >>percentage is 6.3%. and maybe sarah's is 54.8%. and mikes is >>98.26%...(please note that all percentages were made up...) you >>have to think of it both ways, i think. maybe some people came to >>the list to be in contact with other tmbg fans. i did. and by being >>able to converse (kinda) with other fans, i learn about other things >>that i might like. i've learned that there are a lot of tmbg fans that >>are also bff fans. that's cool. and i was introduced to mf. also very >>cool. >> >> AND i met a lot of really neat and interesting people... eriKa, >>mike, bob scott[insert dreamy sigh here], jim, jay, sarah, dex, >>karen... the list goes on! and even though they may not care or >>know of my existence, i know of theirs, and i like them. >> >> and anyone who wants information can certainly find it... if not >>here, somewhere else. it's not like we're depriving anyone of the >>chance to leanr about tmbg. we're just a bunch of goofy people. is >>that so bad? >> >> now... allow me to plug the off-topic list now. those of us who >>continually post off-topic, irrelevant posts actually went as far as to >>make a seperate list for the off-topic posts (thanks dex!). now... it >>KILLS me... just absolutely KILLS me that someone even bothered >>to complain about that list. for GOODNESS SAKE! i don't care who >>josh's supposed "anonymous" friend is. that's insane. "dammit... >>this off-topic list is just so damn off-topic. hrm." and really... the off- >>topic posts have, for the most part, been less abundant. yes yes, >>the pirate thing... whaaa whaa. one thread that was apologized for. >>there are much worse things in the world. >> >> i usually hate to get involved in these off-topic wars... but i felt >>the need to say my piece, because this is getting ridiculous. to be >>honest, i read the off-topic posts and delete many of the tmbg- >>oriented ones. i live in little bristol, ct... what do i care about a >>show that is going to happen in chicago? i'm interested in the >>aftermath, but i seriously don't care about all the hype because i >>have nothing to do with it. but do _I_ complain about the posts? no! >>why? because there ARE some people who are intrested in it. just >>like some people were interested in being a pirate. feh. >> >> i know, i know. it's a useless thing. but now i can just be >>calm and collected and continue on my merry way to bob scott's >>hou... er, i mean... the store... ahem... >> >> >> -jen >> >>i jerk not transfinite jeer. >> >> >*--------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Mark L. Paulsen '93 >Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >Professional & Distance Education >(518) 276 - 2845 >paulsm2@rpi.edu >*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. > > *--------------------------------------------------------------------------* Mark L. Paulsen '93 Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations Professional & Distance Education (518) 276 - 2845 paulsm2@rpi.edu *-------------------------------------------------------------------------* Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 11:18:59 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id LAA39222 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:18:59 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail1.its.rpi.edu (paulsm2@mail1.its.rpi.edu [128.113.100.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id LAA39196 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:18:57 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from paulsm2@rpi.edu) Received: (from paulsm2@localhost) by mail1.its.rpi.edu (8.8.8/8.8.6) id LAA26090; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:18:56 -0400 Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990715111402.00809850@mail.its.rpi.edu> X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:14:02 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: "Mark L. Paulsen" Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:04:02 -0400 >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" > >>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:54:12 -0400 >>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >> >>>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:46 -0400 >>>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>> >>>>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>>>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:29 -0400 >>>>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>>>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>> >>>>>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>>>>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>>>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:51:09 -0400 >>>>>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>>>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>>>>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>>> >>>>>>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>>>>>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>>>>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:50:57 -0400 >>>>>>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>>>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>>>>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>>>>>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>>>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>>>> >>>>>>Does anyone have extra tickets to the free concert in NYC on July 19? >>>>>> >>>>>>If so, and you need to get rid of one or two, I am interested. >>>>>> >>>>>>Please let me know. >>>>>> >>>>>>Thanks! >>>>>> >>>>>>-Mark >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>*------------------------------------------------------------------------ >>--* >>>>>Mark L. Paulsen '93 >>>>>Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >>>>>Professional & Distance Education >>>>>(518) 276 - 2845 >>>>>paulsm2@rpi.edu >>>>>*----------------------------------------------------------------------- >--* >>>>>Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >>>>>drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >>>>>he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. >>>>> >>>>> >>>>*------------------------------------------------------------------------ >--* >>>>Mark L. Paulsen '93 >>>>Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >>>>Professional & Distance Education >>>>(518) 276 - 2845 >>>>paulsm2@rpi.edu >>>>*----------------------------------------------------------------------- --* >>>>Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >>>>drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >>>>he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. >>>> >>>> >>>*------------------------------------------------------------------------ --* >>>Mark L. Paulsen '93 >>>Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >>>Professional & Distance Education >>>(518) 276 - 2845 >>>paulsm2@rpi.edu >>>*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >>>Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >>>drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >>>he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. >>> >>> >>*--------------------------------------------------------------------------* >>Mark L. Paulsen '93 >>Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >>Professional & Distance Education >>(518) 276 - 2845 >>paulsm2@rpi.edu >>*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >>Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >>drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >>he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. >> >> >*--------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Mark L. Paulsen '93 >Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >Professional & Distance Education >(518) 276 - 2845 >paulsm2@rpi.edu >*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. > > *--------------------------------------------------------------------------* Mark L. Paulsen '93 Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations Professional & Distance Education (518) 276 - 2845 paulsm2@rpi.edu *-------------------------------------------------------------------------* Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 11:21:59 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id LAA39707 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:21:59 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mailrelay2.pfizer.com (pfizergate.pfizer.com [192.77.198.2]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with SMTP id LAA39697 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:21:58 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from w_lee_steel@groton.pfizer.com) Received: from nycmsw04.pfizer.com by mailrelay2.pfizer.com (SMI-8.6/SMI-SVR4) id LAA01758; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:21:27 -0400 Received: from nycexcn01.pfizer.com (unverified) by nycmsw04.pfizer.com (Content Technologies SMTPRS 2.0.15) with ESMTP id for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:21:20 -0400 Received: by NYCEXCN01.pfizer.com with Internet Mail Service (5.5.2232.9) id <38DRFC6Q>; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:21:17 -0400 Message-Id: From: "Steel, W Lee" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Mark Paulsen Virus Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:21:16 -0400 MIME-Version: 1.0 X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2232.9) Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Steel, W Lee" Is anyone else getting multiple copies of every email sent back by this guy? Lee Steel From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 11:23:59 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id LAA40047 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:23:59 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail1.its.rpi.edu (paulsm2@mail1.its.rpi.edu [128.113.100.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id LAA40036 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:23:58 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from paulsm2@rpi.edu) Received: (from paulsm2@localhost) by mail1.its.rpi.edu (8.8.8/8.8.6) id LAA47930; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:23:57 -0400 Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990715111903.00809850@mail.its.rpi.edu> X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:19:03 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: "Mark L. Paulsen" Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG-list -Reply Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:09:03 -0400 >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG-list -Reply >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" > >>From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk >>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:28:07 +0000 >>To: zaph@tmbg.org, tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>Subject: Re: TMBG: The TMBG-list -Reply >>X-Mailer: TFS Gateway /222000000/222050737/222002760/222100525/ >>X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by >ussenterprise.ufp.org id LAA37400 >>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>Reply-To: rhilton@bitc.org.uk >> >>My turn! >> >>1. The group ranges well past 40. No ageism please! >>>>> "zaph@tmbg.org" 15/July/1999 05:30am >>> >>Now we have a much more diverse group, ranging all the way from 13 >>to 40. >> >>2. Every article I have read about email says that starting an argument on >>email is bad news as it always escalate out of control. >> >>3. One of the best pieces of advice about radio broadcasting I ever >>received was that you shouldn't say anything on air that you would not >>be prepared to say to your slightly deaf maiden aunt in a crowded public >>place. We can a bit more liberal on this list but think before you hit the >>send button! >> >>4. Josh Buckland aka dilbert_2000 is deeply immature. >> >>Let me start a new thread. What other goups do people subscribe to? I >>subscribe to a creative radio users group which sometimes comes up >>with real gems about community radio around the world. I used to >>subscribe to the Moxy Fruvous group but couldn't keep up. >> >>Richard >> >> >> >> >*--------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Mark L. Paulsen '93 >Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >Professional & Distance Education >(518) 276 - 2845 >paulsm2@rpi.edu >*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. > > *--------------------------------------------------------------------------* Mark L. Paulsen '93 Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations Professional & Distance Education (518) 276 - 2845 paulsm2@rpi.edu *-------------------------------------------------------------------------* Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 11:29:00 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id LAA40650 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:29:00 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail1.its.rpi.edu (paulsm2@mail1.its.rpi.edu [128.113.100.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id LAA40626 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:28:58 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from paulsm2@rpi.edu) Received: (from paulsm2@localhost) by mail1.its.rpi.edu (8.8.8/8.8.6) id LAA63540; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:28:58 -0400 Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990715112404.00809a50@mail.its.rpi.edu> X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:24:04 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: "Mark L. Paulsen" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:14:03 -0400 >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" > >>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:04:02 -0400 >>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list >>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >> >>>From: linnel@snet.net >>>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:54:05 -0400 >>>Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:The TMBG-list >>>X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Win32 (v3.01d) >>>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>Reply-To: linnel@snet.net >>> >>> >>>> Its kind of like me saying, "if you walk through my neighborhood, >>I'll punch you in the >>>> face and if you don't like it, then don't walk through my neighborhood." >> I don't mind >>>> things that are at least vaugely related to TMBG. And I don't mind a few >>OT posts. When >>>> the offtopic posts outnumber the TMBG ones it really kills the list. >>Ideally it should >>>> stay at under 30%. >>> >>>but see... that's YOUR ideal percentage. perhaps MY ideal >>>percentage is 6.3%. and maybe sarah's is 54.8%. and mikes is >>>98.26%...(please note that all percentages were made up...) you >>>have to think of it both ways, i think. maybe some people came to >>>the list to be in contact with other tmbg fans. i did. and by being >>>able to converse (kinda) with other fans, i learn about other things >>>that i might like. i've learned that there are a lot of tmbg fans that >>>are also bff fans. that's cool. and i was introduced to mf. also very >>>cool. >>> >>> AND i met a lot of really neat and interesting people... eriKa, >>>mike, bob scott[insert dreamy sigh here], jim, jay, sarah, dex, >>>karen... the list goes on! and even though they may not care or >>>know of my existence, i know of theirs, and i like them. >>> >>> and anyone who wants information can certainly find it... if not >>>here, somewhere else. it's not like we're depriving anyone of the >>>chance to leanr about tmbg. we're just a bunch of goofy people. is >>>that so bad? >>> >>> now... allow me to plug the off-topic list now. those of us who >>>continually post off-topic, irrelevant posts actually went as far as to >>>make a seperate list for the off-topic posts (thanks dex!). now... it >>>KILLS me... just absolutely KILLS me that someone even bothered >>>to complain about that list. for GOODNESS SAKE! i don't care who >>>josh's supposed "anonymous" friend is. that's insane. "dammit... >>>this off-topic list is just so damn off-topic. hrm." and really... the off- >>>topic posts have, for the most part, been less abundant. yes yes, >>>the pirate thing... whaaa whaa. one thread that was apologized for. >>>there are much worse things in the world. >>> >>> i usually hate to get involved in these off-topic wars... but i felt >>>the need to say my piece, because this is getting ridiculous. to be >>>honest, i read the off-topic posts and delete many of the tmbg- >>>oriented ones. i live in little bristol, ct... what do i care about a >>>show that is going to happen in chicago? i'm interested in the >>>aftermath, but i seriously don't care about all the hype because i >>>have nothing to do with it. but do _I_ complain about the posts? no! >>>why? because there ARE some people who are intrested in it. just >>>like some people were interested in being a pirate. feh. >>> >>> i know, i know. it's a useless thing. but now i can just be >>>calm and collected and continue on my merry way to bob scott's >>>hou... er, i mean... the store... ahem... >>> >>> >>> -jen >>> >>>i jerk not transfinite jeer. >>> >>> >>*--------------------------------------------------------------------------* >>Mark L. Paulsen '93 >>Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >>Professional & Distance Education >>(518) 276 - 2845 >>paulsm2@rpi.edu >>*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >>Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >>drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >>he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. >> >> >*--------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Mark L. Paulsen '93 >Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >Professional & Distance Education >(518) 276 - 2845 >paulsm2@rpi.edu >*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. > > *--------------------------------------------------------------------------* Mark L. Paulsen '93 Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations Professional & Distance Education (518) 276 - 2845 paulsm2@rpi.edu *-------------------------------------------------------------------------* Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Jul 15 11:29:00 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id LAA40660 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:29:00 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail1.its.rpi.edu (paulsm2@mail1.its.rpi.edu [128.113.100.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id LAA40633 for ; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:28:59 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from paulsm2@rpi.edu) Received: (from paulsm2@localhost) by mail1.its.rpi.edu (8.8.8/8.8.6) id LAA63552; Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:28:58 -0400 Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990715112404.00803910@mail.its.rpi.edu> X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:24:04 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: "Mark L. Paulsen" Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:14:02 -0400 >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" > >>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:04:02 -0400 >>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >> >>>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:54:12 -0400 >>>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>> >>>>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>>>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:46 -0400 >>>>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>>>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>> >>>>>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>>>>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>>>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:52:29 -0400 >>>>>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>>>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>>>>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>>> >>>>>>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>>>>>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>>>>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:51:09 -0400 >>>>>>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>>>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>>>>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>>>>>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>>>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>>>> >>>>>>>X-Sender: paulsm2@mail.its.rpi.edu >>>>>>>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.5 (32) >>>>>>>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:50:57 -0400 >>>>>>>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>>>>From: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>>>>>Subject: TMBG: NYC Free concert >>>>>>>Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >>>>>>>Reply-To: "Mark L. Paulsen" >>>>>>> >>>>>>>Does anyone have extra tickets to the free concert in NYC on July 19? >>>>>>> >>>>>>>If so, and you need to get rid of one or two, I am interested. >>>>>>> >>>>>>>Please let me know. >>>>>>> >>>>>>>Thanks! >>>>>>> >>>>>>>-Mark >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>*--------------------------------------------------------------------- --- >>>--* >>>>>>Mark L. Paulsen '93 >>>>>>Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >>>>>>Professional & Distance Education >>>>>>(518) 276 - 2845 >>>>>>paulsm2@rpi.edu >>>>>>*----------------------------------------------------------------------- >>--* >>>>>>Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >>>>>>drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >>>>>>he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>*------------------------------------------------------------------------ >>--* >>>>>Mark L. Paulsen '93 >>>>>Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >>>>>Professional & Distance Education >>>>>(518) 276 - 2845 >>>>>paulsm2@rpi.edu >>>>>*----------------------------------------------------------------------- >--* >>>>>Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >>>>>drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >>>>>he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. >>>>> >>>>> >>>>*------------------------------------------------------------------------ >--* >>>>Mark L. Paulsen '93 >>>>Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >>>>Professional & Distance Education >>>>(518) 276 - 2845 >>>>paulsm2@rpi.edu >>>>*----------------------------------------------------------------------- --* >>>>Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >>>>drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >>>>he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. >>>> >>>> >>>*------------------------------------------------------------------------ --* >>>Mark L. Paulsen '93 >>>Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >>>Professional & Distance Education >>>(518) 276 - 2845 >>>paulsm2@rpi.edu >>>*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >>>Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >>>drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >>>he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. >>> >>> >>*--------------------------------------------------------------------------* >>Mark L. Paulsen '93 >>Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >>Professional & Distance Education >>(518) 276 - 2845 >>paulsm2@rpi.edu >>*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >>Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >>drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >>he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. >> >> >*--------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Mark L. Paulsen '93 >Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations >Professional & Distance Education >(518) 276 - 2845 >paulsm2@rpi.edu >*-------------------------------------------------------------------------* >Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of >drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if >he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. > > *--------------------------------------------------------------------------* Mark L. Paulsen '93 Production Coordinator - Videotape Operations Professional & Distance Education (518) 276 - 2845 paulsm2@rpi.edu *-------------------------------------------------------------------------* Rene Descartes walked into a bar and had a couple of drinks. As he stood to leave, the bartender asked if he wanted another. He replied "I think not"....... and vanished. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #19-16 ******************************