Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #19-2 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 19, Number 2 Friday, 2 July 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: Two Unrelated Things... TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... non-TMBG: Drink Me TMBG: TMBG Demo Tape mp3s Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... TMBG: Re: Two Unrelated Things... Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... TMBG: oops!! Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... TMBG: Re: TMBG Demo Tape mp3s TMBG: A Psuedo-TMBG reference... TMBG: Favorite songs TMBG: i can't Re: cause i'm on the digest TMBG: Fav. non-tmbg song Re: TMBG: Fav. non-tmbg song Re: non-TMBG: Drink Me Non TMBG: TMBGofftopic TMBG: Re: TMBG Demo Tape mp3s TMBG: Re: TMBG Demo Tape mp3s Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 01:43:41 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <377B0E1D.A174FE5B@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Two Unrelated Things... MuseKJ@aol.com wrote: > Am I the only married woman on this list? I'm not a woman, you silly billy! > What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? With me, this is simple. Simple because 1 song stands out in my mind above all others: Beethoven's 9th Symphony... More modern, I'd go with some of the following (too many to name): The Beatles - "I am the Walrus" Squirrel Nut Zippers - "The Interlocutor" I really can't think... Too many come to mind, so live with it! Bob "I forgot the Facts of Life theme!!!" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 03:15:00 -0400 (EDT) From: Majordomo Message-Id: <199907010715.DAA36030@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** This notice is posted twice a month to tmbg-list and tmbg-digest, as well as sent to all new users. Please read it if you have questions about the list. The TMBG mailing list is administered by Leo Bicknell . It provides a forum for discussing They Might Be Giants and Their music. 1) Unsubscribing from the list It is easy to unsubscribe from this mailing list. If you are subscribed to the regular, or "bounce" list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-list e-mail@address in the body of a message to . To unsubscribe from the tmbg-digest digested version of the list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-digest e-mail@address in the body of a message to . "e-mail@address" stands for the email address that is subscribed to the list. If you are sending the command from the email account that is subscribed, this part of the command is optional. If you have problems, send mail to . 2) Subscribing to the list Follow the instructions above for unsubscribing but send the word 'subscribe' rather than unsubscribe. :-) Keep in mind that tmbg-list will send you a copy of each message as it's written, which may be a lot. tmbg-digest will send you all the messages written in a day in the middle of the night. See http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/ for more information. 3) Sending messages to the list To send a message to the list just mail it to tmbg-list@tmbg.org and it will get sent out to everyone. Please don't mail any chain letters, make money fast schemes, "me too" messages, or anything else that doesn't contribute to the discussion about TMBG. IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT When you send a message to the list you are sending messages to hundreds of people. Make sure that your message is one that hundreds of people need to read. Do not send "me too" messages to the list. Do not send messages about non-tmbg topics to the list. Hold private conversations in private e-mail. Sending messages that the list administrator deems off topic will result in your being removed from the list. 4) The TMBG FAQ The They Might Be Giants Frequently Asked Questions list is a compilation of the most requested information about the Johns. It is maintained by John Relph . To get the latest copy of the FAQ, you can do any of the following things. First, it is available on the World Wide Web at: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ.html and, for a plaintext version: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ Second, it is posted regularly on the newsgroup alt.music.tmbg. Third, if you can't get to one of those places, you can mail me and I'll send you a copy. 5) The websites The unofficial web site, http://www.tmbg.org/ has all sorts of good TMBG information including information on this mailing list (http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/) as well as pointers to where you can read the list via news. You'll also find lyrics, chords, and interpretations for many of the songs. Also try out the Official TMBG Website at: http://www.tmbg.com/ As always, thank you for your mind. *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 02:10:06 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Message-ID: On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 Kaylum@aol.com wrote: > Probably Don Maclean's "American Pie." hee hee!!! have you heard weird al's new parody of american pie? it's star wars-flavored! --jim kuemmerle, who tried writing one himself along those lines not too terribly long ago but couldn't get very far with it... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 02:50:31 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Message-ID: On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 MuseKJ@aol.com wrote: > What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? you know, the original version of this e-mail ended up being several pages long, with no trouble whatsoever. at the top of the list, from now until the end of time, is a particular recording of "time remembered" by bill evans that was *probably* recorded at a concert in paris in 1980 or 81, in what was (IIRC) bill evans' last public performance before he died. if you are really a glutton for punishment and want the whole original list, let me know and i'll send it out privately. --jim kuemmerle, who is a veritable fountain of favorite songs... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 14:51:50 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Message-ID: <19990702.145153.2686.0.Phone_Book@juno.com> From: who? not me my employer eriKa, frightful of the all-encompassing evil shown by the institution of marriage: >I have a parrot, which is almost like being married, without >any of the messy things that come with being married. Like the >actual marriage. I wear the eye patch in this relationship. Ar. and i must say she's quite good at it, ordering me around to hoist the sails and to fire the cannons and do other such work much too physically demanding for someone who probably doesn't even weigh a pound. but i'll live; she makes me stronger! squawk. >What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? oh. well, that's ... difficult. after a most frantic fit of narrowing: steve vai: 'touching tongues' steve howe: 'sketches in the sun' led zeppelin: 'the rain song' harry chapin: 'a better place to be' simon and garfunkel: 'fakin it' yes: 'holy lamb' mono puff: 'creepy' (not close enough) al dimeola: 'paradisio' peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay, winner of a trip for two to the bermuda triangle. ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <377B7559.CAB08576@sevenlands.com> Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 10:04:09 -0400 From: carlyn nugent Subject: Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... MuseKJ@aol.com wrote: > Am I the only married woman on this list? Yes...? > What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? Errr...some all-time favorites in absolutely no particular order "Baggy Trousers" - Madness "Rebel Rebel" - David Bowie "Down in the Park" - Gary Numan "Jeepster" - T. Rex "Brown-Eyed Handsome Man" - Chuck Berry "Jolly Roger" - Adam and the Ants "Close (to the Edit)" - Art of Noise "Goodbye Girl" - Squeeze "Monkey Suit" - Plasmatics "Pretty Vacant" - Sex Pistols "Far Far Away" - Slade "Can the Can" - Suzi Quatro CN ~~ ICQ #41099643 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990701155908.60059.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Matthew Bartush Subject: non-TMBG: Drink Me Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 15:59:08 GMT I'm a long-time lurker on this list, and a couple of years ago, several people mentioned a band called Drink Me, which I've since listened to and loved, and now I'm wondering: does anyone know if this band is still together, and if they've released an album since "Sleep"?? I'm stranded on the West Coast, so I thought maybe some of our East Coast folks might know more about them than I do. Thanks, Matt _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 12:28:36 -0400 From: Peter Ohlert Message-ID: <377B9733.2D1F03D1@icdc.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: TMBG Demo Tape mp3s Anyone know where I can find mp3s of the '85 demo tape, and if they don't exist is someone willing to make them, just thought I'd ask... Peter ohlert@icdc.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 12:51:58 -0700 From: Sarah Subject: Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Message-id: <377BC6DE.7BD4@wmich.edu> > Am I the only married woman on this list? Most probably Yesh.... > What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? Uh-Oh... that's a toughie... and it seems to change every couple weeks. Here, in no particular oreder, are some current Fav's anyway... "Tropicalia" ---->Beck "Paranoid Android" ---->Radiohead "Longest Time" ---->Billy Joel "Video Killed the Radio Star" ---->The President's of the USA cover And so many others that my brain is hurting trying to think of them all at once!!!!!!!!! ~Sarah *Jesus high on wine, weeping turpentine* ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 12:10:09 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <377BA0F1.96AD83F9@conpoint.com> Organization: Leffel Brand Adult Undergarments Subject: TMBG: Re: Two Unrelated Things... Sigh. I had a much better reply earlier. Silly Netscape says crashie. Silly Mike says tossie outie a windie. > > What is your quest? (sorry, couldn't resist) > To always look on the bright side of life. (Whistle Whistle, Whistle Whistle Whistle) > Actually, it's: > > What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? Feel free to elaborate on your answer, Old Favorites (abridged, of course) (*)Runaway - Del Shannon (*)Red River Rock - Silicon Teens (from Planes, Trains, Auto.) Original is good too. (*)Greensleeves (preferably in Harpsichord or Orchestra) (*)Tocatta in Fugue (preferably with Vanessa Mae) (*)Most Tracks of of the ORCHESTRAL soundrack to the first BATMAN movie. (*)End Of The World, STAND, -most R.E.M. (*)Walk This World, Maybe an Angel, etc. -Most Heather Nova (*)Every Breath You Take - Sting/Police (*)Fur Elsie (Sp?) bah. there are far too many CLASSICAL ones, and I don't know most of their names, and I'm too bored to look at my cd's. Mike "More than meets the TMBG eye" Leffel I am _one_ degree away from Alex Ross and it freaking KILLS ME. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 11:14:27 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... Message-ID: On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 MuseKJ@aol.com wrote: > Am I the only married woman on this list? pretty sure not, but i haven't heard from the woman i'm thinking of in quite some time, so it's quite possible she's no longer on the list. > What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? well, if i had to narrow it down to one, it would be a certain live recording of "time remembered" by the bill evans trio. due to the fact that it was on a bootleg cassette put out by some fly-by-night company, the liner note information is completely and totally wrong. i have a strong suspicion that this recording may have come from one of bill evans' last public performances (if not *the* last), in paris in either '80 or '81. beyond that: 'all blues', miles davis 'why i like coffee', bob nell 'blues for kb', bob nell 'cumbia and jazz fusion', charles mingus 'the weaver and the factory maid', steeleye span 'prince charlie stuart', steeleye span 'glower wassail', steeleye span 'four nights drunk', steeleye span 'famous flower of serving man', martin carthy 'hedger and ditcher', silly sisters 'my husband's got no courage in him', silly sisters 'lass of loch royal', silly sisters 'geordie', silly sisters 'tetsuo', from the akira suite 'cello song', nick drake 'hazey jane I', nick drake 'hazey jane II', nick drake 'river man', nick drake 'barangrill', joni mitchell 'song for sharon', joni mitchell 'just like this train', joni mitchell hell, just throw in all of "for the roses" and "blue", for that matter. 'too happy', edith frost 'albany blues', edith frost 'tender kiss', edith frost 'diaraby nene', oumou sangare 'woula bara diagna', oumou sangare 'ah ndiya', oumou sangare 'mado zaina', bano likasi 'maiden voyage', herbie hancock 'driftin', herbie hancock 'masqualero', miles davis 'boplicity', miles davis 'off minor', thelonious monk 'blue 7', sonny rollins 'bamako', jean-luc ponty 'american tune', paul simon 'was a sunny day', paul simon 'fuel', ani difranco 'come away from it', ani difranco 'trickle down', ani difranco 'angel food', ani difranco 'angry anymore', ani difranco 'funkentelechy', parliament 'potholes in my lawn', de la soul 'the magic number', de la soul 'eye know', de la soul 'express yourself', charles wright and the watts 103rd street rhythm band 'telegram', chamber strings '3rd stone from the sun', jimi hendrix 'are you experienced?', jimi hendrix 'red house', jimi hendrix 'whisper', morphine 'you look like rain', morphine 'buena', morphine 'the theme from shaft', isaac hayes 'we're in yr corner', cornershop 'waltz #1', elliott smith '2:45 am', elliott smith 'pitseleh', elliott smith 'independence day', elliott smith 'baby britain', elliott smith 'tomorrow tomorrow', elliott smith 'little dude', pee shy 'new partner', will oldham (as palace music) 'mountain high, valley low', will oldham (as palace music) 'cat's blues', will oldham (as palace music) 'i see a darkness', will oldham (as bonnie 'prince' billy) 'today was another day full of dread', will oldham (as b 'p' b) 'the weakest soldier', will oldham (as palace songs?) 'warm it up to me', blind willie mctell 'georgia rag', blind willie mctell 'erroll's blues', erroll garner 'erroll's bounce', erroll garner 'the jazz fiddler', the mississippi shieks 'out of nowhere', art tatum OR charlie parker OR probably anybody else 'havelah', cannonball adderley 'harlem airshaft', duke ellington 'cottontail', duke ellington 'black and tan fantasy', duke ellington 'east st. louis toodle-oo', duke ellington 'rolling stone', muddy waters 'two trains runnin', muddy waters 'mean low blues', blues birdhead 'cross cut saw blues', tony hollins 'big leg blues', mississippi john hurt 'run on for a long time', bill landford and the landfordaires 'raga vasantapriya', l. subramaniam 'bile', glade 'decay', glade 'polonius', glade 'wreckin' ball', glade well, pretty much everything of glade's. 'in your own sweet way', dave brubeck OR bill evans 'waltz for debby', bill evans 'naima', john coltrane featuring eric dolphy (live) 'god bless the child', eric dolphy 'muskrat love', america 'excerpt from 'the firebird suite'/siberian khatru' - yes (live) the whole of the basement tapes sessions - bob dylan & the band '5D (fifth dimension)', the byrds 'chakra 5', mannheim steamroller 'siroon agcheek (sweet girl)', the reptile palace orchestra 'meraklisko pajdusko', pero teodosijev 'lupita', some columbian cumbia band whose name escapes me at the moment 'cumbia en do menor', some completely different columbian cumbia band 'gboromiro', king sunny ade 'maamo', va:rttina: (imagine those are umlauts) 'mie tahon tanssia', va:rttina: 'raze', richard buckner 'goner w/ souvenir', richard buckner 'rainbow blues', anke summerhill '2nd best', gared moses 'bavno oro', traditional bulgarian 'siko horepse kukli mu', traditional greek 'horseshoes', moxy fru:vous 'the present tense tureen', moxy fru:vous 'you will go to the moon', moxy fru:vous 'one more dollar', gillian welch 'dulaman', altan 'jug of punch', altan 'my morphine', gillian welch 'pass you by', gillian welch 'aracaju', vinicius cantuaria 'shady lane', pavement 'silly goofball pomes by jack kerouac', juliana hatfield '11th ave. blues (blues for arwen)', jim kuemmerle 'crawling', jim kuemmerle 'snickerdoodle', jim kuemmerle 'baba munini francis', the bhundu boys 'malaika', angelique kidjo 'shambala/boddhisattva vow', the beastie boys 'sabrosa', the beastie boys 'the job of journeywork', the chieftains 'sitting song', some ainu woman whose name escapes me 'christmas card from a hooker in minneapolis', tom waits some greek rembetika songs that i can't find right at the moment all of state songs, john linnell and i think that should do it. --jim kuemmerle j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 6/19 -- ZIVIO at the international festival, ROCK SPRINGS, WYOMING, 12 noon & 8 pm; sorry, no other details available. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 11:17:11 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: oops!! Message-ID: sorry about that last gimongous post -- i'd meant to send it privately but forgot to change the 'to' field... --jim kuemmerle, whosa clumsy as ever... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 12:22:06 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <377BA3BE.11996F9B@conpoint.com> Organization: Leffel Brand Adult Undergarments Subject: Re: TMBG: Two Unrelated Things... > and i think that should do it. Jeez, Jim!!! Why didn't you post the BIG list? MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! ^___^ Mike "Snickerdoodle?" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 16:22:22 -0400 From: scratch Message-ID: <377BCDFE.B11BA6A0@the-pentagon.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Demo Tape mp3s Peter Ohlert wrote: > > Anyone know where I can find mp3s of the '85 demo tape, and if they > don't exist is someone willing to make them, just thought I'd ask... > > Peter > ohlert@icdc.com Cowtown and Hell Hotel are at irc.tmbg.net/offer.html. Thats all I've been able to find. -scratch ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990701205733.38514.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Elendriel ^_^ Subject: TMBG: A Psuedo-TMBG reference... Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 20:57:33 GMT Okie, in light of all the suppposed TMBG references posted on here recently... I had finished using hotmail, and logged out. in the banner ad on the msn logout page there was this: ****Let your freak flag fly!**** I'm freaked out. :P Julie :) _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: cambot@juno.com Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 17:00:01 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Favorite songs Message-ID: <19990701.171258.-958813.1.Cambot@juno.com> Well, since we're writing about favorite bands other than TMBG (maybe not anymore, I'm not as up-to-date as the people who recieve each message as it is written; I love digest formats : ) ), I guess it's time to make my short return to posting to the list. Not that I don't like posting about the Johns or anything, it's just that this is usually when I post to the list. So here they are in no particular order: Jimmy Eat World - Anderson Mesa Lincoln - Blow The Super Friendz - Two Songs Ben Folds Five - Leather Jacket / Song for the Dumped Promise Ring - I Never Trusted the Russians The Rentals - The Love I'm Searching For Fountains of Wayne - Leave the Biker Sloan - Everything You've Done Wrong Radiohead - Airbag Sunny Day Real Estate - Guitar & Video Games Fluid Ounces - Kept Alive By Science Weezer - The Good Life The Dead Milkmen - Bitchin' Camaero Bernie Bernie Headflap - Xenophobe Yup. On another topic, what does everyone think about the new TMBG songs they've been playing at some of the recent shows? I enjoy Dr. Evil & Thunderbird, think It's So Loud in Here is alright, but the other 2 (She Thinks She's Edith Head, Cyclops Rock)are rather lackluster, IMHO. Anyone else? cheers Steve! ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990701212307.27764.rocketmail@web218.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 14:23:07 -0700 (PDT) From: KRS Tyler Subject: TMBG: i can't Re: cause i'm on the digest >Am I the only married woman on this list? Um. how should i know, oh wait i supose i could answer that if i were a married woman. >What is your quest? Um to fill in this space i just want to know if i can reply a message from a person on the list to the list w/ the digest list. (or should i say "i seek the holy grail") >What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? 12Rods- "Stella" Money Mark- "Rock in the Rain" & "Never Stop" Butter 08- "Butter of 69" Ween- "The Stalion Part 3" AND OF COURSE The Last Thing On Earth- "Mr. President" if you have never heard of the last thing on earth go to: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Stadium/8282/last.html ok ok The Last Thing on Earth is my band, but check out the site anyway [(it will raise myself estem)please excuse the blatent ad for my band{have you ever noticed how people on the list use parenthases and can't spell}] ahhh. === Chris Tyler Check out my sites: http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/12rods http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/stadium/8282 http://www.angelfire.com/ny/gamersquad _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990701224944.9207.rocketmail@web209.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:49:44 -0700 (PDT) From: KRS Tyler Subject: TMBG: Fav. non-tmbg song when i post my fav songs i forgot one Plastilina Mosh- "Mr. P Mosh" Plastilina Mosh is defenatly the coolest band next to tmbg. _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 17:15:18 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Fav. non-tmbg song Message-ID: <19990701.171533.19726.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Plastilina Mosh- "Mr. P Mosh" > >Plastilina Mosh is defenatly the coolest band next to tmbg. you ever seen those guys live? i caught a show of theirs about a year ago... definately awesome. they gave me a promo cd of aquamosh well before it was released and i must say that it's freekin awesome :D the video for Mr P Mosh rocks too... ok, i'm done plugging this totally unrelated band. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 17:10:11 -0600 Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Drink Me Message-ID: <19990701.171533.19726.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> > a band called Drink Me, which I've since listened to >and >loved, and now I'm wondering: does anyone know if this band is still >together, and if they've released an album since "Sleep"?? check out the bar none web site... i think it's www.bar-none.com/ they recently had an update so... you can see if there are any scheduled gigs in the near future (chances are... they're all NYC but...) at pollstar.com take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:28:50 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Non TMBG: TMBGofftopic Message-ID: <13887-377BF9B2-6420@postoffice-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> TMBGofftopic now has an official homepage! I know that alot of you don't care, but we on the off topic list are very excited. And while I'm plugging the site, I might as well plug the list again: GO JOIN TMBGofftopic!!! Anyway, please check out the site, and let me know what you think on the message board! http://community.webtv.net/GhostKrabb/TMBGofftopic/ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 02:11:04 GMT From: Ugliness Man Message-ID: <7lh73h$v2p$1@nnrp1.deja.com> Organization: Deja.com - Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Demo Tape mp3s In article <377BCDFE.B11BA6A0@the-pentagon.com>, scratch wrote: > > Anyone know where I can find mp3s of the '85 demo tape, and if they > > don't exist is someone willing to make them, just thought I'd ask... > > > Cowtown and Hell Hotel are at irc.tmbg.net/offer.html. Thats all I've > been able to find. i could only find Cowtown there. which is rather unfortunate, because as far as i know, "Hell Hotel" is the one song on the demo that didn't appear on a regular album. i mean, if i wanted a cowtown mp3, i could easily make one from my CD of lincoln, but if i made an mp3 of "Hell Hotel" from my taped copy of a copy of the demo, it would hella suck. -- - UgM - who tries not to ever use "hella", but it seemed to fit this time "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Share what you know. Learn what you don't. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 23:39:49 -0400 From: scratch Message-ID: <377C3484.BD310812@the-pentagon.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Demo Tape mp3s Ugliness Man wrote: > > i could only find Cowtown there. which is rather unfortunate, because > as far as i know, "Hell Hotel" is the one song on the demo that didn't > appear on a regular album. i mean, if i wanted a cowtown mp3, i could > easily make one from my CD of lincoln, but if i made an mp3 of "Hell > Hotel" from my taped copy of a copy of the demo, it would hella suck. Its the demo version of Cowtown, which different than the Lincoln version, but I guess you know that as you said you have a copy of the demo tape. As for Hell Hotel, I guess they took it down. I'll upload it to the archive at http://xooming.to/tmbgland. -scratch ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #19-2 *****************************