Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #19-24 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 19, Number 24 Saturday, 24 July 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Gigantor and webcast Re: TMBG: sheet music Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Re: TMBG: Gigantor and webcast Re: TMBG: Gigantor and webcast Re: TMBG: Gigantor and webcast Re: TMBG: Gigantor and webcast Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD TMBG: LTW Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Re: TMBG: LTW Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. TMBG: bootleg Re: Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! Re: Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project TMBG: Re: They Might Be Giants, etc. Re: Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! Re: Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! Re: Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! Re: TMBG: Gigantor and webcast TMBG: I'm new Re: Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! NON TMBG: Conan question Re: TMBG: I'm new TMBG: Emusic.com TMBG: eBay misuses TMBG: GEMM and Nudity. Two things that make the internet great. RE: NON TMBG: Conan question Re: Non-TMBG: Conan Question Re: Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! Re: TMBG: I'm new Re: TMBG: I'm new TMBG: Lyrics To "On Earth, My Nina" Re: TMBG: eBay misuses Re: TMBG: eBay misuses Re: TMBG: eBay misuses TMBG: Chat room TMBG: The missing text from my last post (re: "On Earth My Nina") Re: TMBG: eBay misuses Re: TMBG: eBay misuses Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Re: NON-TMBG: Re: They Might Be Giants, etc. Re: TMBG: I'm new Re: NON-TMBG: Re: They Might Be Giants, etc. Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Non-TMBG: edith head Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <004301bed480$df037240$559da2d1@tk421> From: "eRiCh" Subject: Re: TMBG: Gigantor and webcast Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:29:15 -0700 Is Gigantor an original tmbg song? eRiCh ------------------------------ From: Azelma1115@aol.com Message-ID: <407631aa.24c8e00f@aol.com> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 16:58:55 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: sheet music > There's also a really cool > program out there for Mac and PC called Melody Assistant, available at > www.myraid-online.com that lets you not only create music, but IMPORT MIDI > music as well. This seriously rocks. What's the exact URL? That www.myraid-online.com thing didn't work for me for some reason. > I've used it to play "They'll Need a Crane" and "She's an Angel" on my > trumpet, which sounds so cool and bizarre it's not even funny. Man, I have got to try that! (but on clarinet, not trumpet) > Sam > webmaster, Alpach Software > http://alpach.witsandbits.com > "Can one monkey rule the universe?" Beth ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:08:36 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Message-ID: <27102-37978854-3986@postoffice-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Thanks for the info. I didn't even know that. Are there any other Fingertips that weren't done by TMBG? -dex <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>"You can't grow, you don't have enough room." <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990722141519.006a3130@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:15:19 -0700 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project At 02:37 PM 7/22/99 -0400, Christine Sinacore wrote: > > >I am so glad that you never really see anything...I >think that would have ruined the movie for me. It is >much scarier not knowing becuase my imagination is >much better, and capable of coming up with more >nightmare-producing images, than anything they could >have created. I guess I should've gone into more detail. I meant that the film should've rolled for a few more seconds where you continue to see nothing or they should've had a few seconds of a black screen before the credits roll. I dunno, I think it would've been more effective that way. >I have heard that there is talk of a sequel. I hope >that doesn't happen... They are definitely working on a sequel, and there's a TV show in the works too. I wish I were kidding. -Adam ________________________________________________________ NetZero - We believe in a FREE Internet. Shouldn't you? Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 16:45:18 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <379790EE.8C331F9B@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Gigantor and webcast eRiCh wrote: > > Is Gigantor an original tmbg song? eRiCh No, it was originally performed by Trent Reznor in 1993 at some concert or something... Mike "Leffel in the Shell" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 17:08:46 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7n841i$136a$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Gigantor and webcast Mike Leffel wrote in message news:379790EE.8C331F9B@conpoint.com... > > eRiCh wrote: > > > > Is Gigantor an original tmbg song? eRiCh > > No, it was originally performed by Trent Reznor in 1993 at some > concert or something... and before that it was the theme song to an old japanese animated series. -Jay ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:14:12 -1000 From: "Courtney L. Patubo" Subject: Re: TMBG: Gigantor and webcast >eRiCh wrote: >> >> Is Gigantor an original tmbg song? eRiCh > > > No, it was originally performed by Trent Reznor in 1993 at some >concert or something... > >Mike "Leffel in the Shell" Leffel And all this time, I was thinking about that space-age robot... Courtney L . Patubo - cpatubo@sirius.com toonie@tmbg.org * ICQ #3762743 http://www.sirius.com/~cpatubo "You made my day, now you have to sleep in it." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001501bed490$a1d320e0$eb9ea2d1@tk421> From: "eRiCh" Subject: Re: TMBG: Gigantor and webcast Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:22:05 -0700 > eRiCh wrote: > > > > Is Gigantor an original tmbg song? eRiCh > > > No, it was originally performed by Trent Reznor in 1993 at some > concert or something... > > Mike "Leffel in the Shell" Leffel > . yeah good. anyway I have never heard of it and all of sudden it opos up all over the mailing list it just sounds to me like maybe they did this song for the show, and some guy said he put it on his long tall weekend CD so it sounded to me like tmbg did it? did they? what's the whole story? eRiCh ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990722231141.99165.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Reverend Kristina K. Panos" Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 23:11:40 GMT Are you kidding??? Check this out!! Everything is Catching on Fire: L/F Fingertips I: Peter Stampfel I Hear the Wind Blow: Nicholas Hill Hey Now Everybody: Elma Mayer Who's That Standing Out My Window: F? I Found A New Friend: Brian Dewan Wreck My Car: F/L Aren't You the Guy: L? Please Pass the Milk: Elma Mayer Leave Me Alone: L Who's Knockin' on the Wall: Brian Dewan All Alone (All By Myself): L What's That Blue Thing Doing Here: L Something Grabbed Ahold of My Hand: Amy Allison I Don't Understand You: L I Heard a Sound (I Turned Around): L Mysterious Whisper: L The Day That Love Came to Play: F Heart Attack: L Fingertips II: Peter Stampfel Darkened Corridors: L? > >Thanks for the info. I didn't even know that. Are there any other >Fingertips that weren't done by TMBG? -dex > ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>"You can't grow, you don't have > enough room." ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> > _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 16:13:57 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Message-ID: <27102-3797A5B5-4363@postoffice-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Who's Peter Stampfel? <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>"You can't grow, you don't have enough room." <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990722201141.008fcac0@pop.fast.net> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 20:11:41 -0400 From: Jesse Richman Subject: TMBG: LTW I'm not gonna get into a review of LTW right now, but am I the only one who's uphappy with Emusic.com's work on this? Aside from it only being available in 128kbps (i would much prefer 160 or 192 seeing as this is the only way to get a hold of these songs, but again i wont get into that), they could have at least spelled "She Thinks She's Edith Head" right (the file says "She Think She's"...). And it appears they couldnt have been bothered with Id3 tags. Is there even somewhere to download a HQ copy of the album art? (rather than blowing up a little tiny graphic that is). Oh well ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Jesse Richman Fear is strangely comfortable jesseboy@brandeis.edu +Live+ hrichman@fast.net And although we were very thirsty Xopchipili@aol.com I questioned the oasis +Live+ Each new BELIEF is a LIMITED SET to be TRANSCENDED The Shamen ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990723001830.40374.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Reverend Kristina K. Panos" Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 00:18:30 GMT I dont' know, I don't know, I dont' have a f*cking clue! > >Who's Peter Stampfel? > ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>"You can't grow, you don't have > enough room." ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> > _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3797BB66.BAE2C373@tmbg.org> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 20:46:30 -0400 From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: LTW Jesse Richman wrote: > bothered with Id3 tags. Is there even somewhere to download a HQ copy of > the album art? (rather than blowing up a little tiny graphic that is). Oh > well well, seeing as how the way the Emusic people printed up the album art for the CD promos handed out at Irving Plaza was to blow up the small graphic, I somehow doubt it. -- Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ zaph@tmbg.org "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990723013736.58989.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 18:37:36 PDT > >Joe Bob says check it out. Good, cos he's the only person in the world who can get me to see a movie that I didn't previously want to see. > >-Adam, who saw a girl sobbing on the way out of the theater > Wow. Wish I were there. Josh "Don't Eat the Reefer" Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and from where I'm sittin', there just ain't enough damn dogs." -"Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2" _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 21:47:09 -0400 Subject: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. Message-ID: <19990722.214713.-238117.1.presence76@juno.com> From: Adam Shoop Listen: This post doesn't feature any Blaire Witch Trial content. "Jay G." >.asx file is a Windows media Player file, you need a current version of the program to play it. >if you have a mac, you're f*cked... The Apple people are always getting screwed. I don't own an Apple, but the IMac is so cute, some even go as far as to say their particular flavor has sex applea. And it only has four cords! Somebody help these people =) GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) asks: >Who's Peter Stampfel? That's Paul Rodgers real name. You should hear the Fingertips medley he does in Bad Company [the song] on the currect Bad Company [the band] all original member reunion tour, it's totally rockin'! -the previous statement was a complete lie. Paul Rodgers sucks. Listen: All the talk of people seeing TMBG live (and me not), has really got me listening to Severe Tire Damage quite a bit to compensate. There are a couple of tracks however that I'm kind of disappointed with live. However, before you read my complaints, I'd like you to know that I enjoy the album, and find several tracks to be performed better live as opposed to their studio recorded originals. XTC vs. Adam Ant for instance, is a little bit dirtier sounding, and it suits the track. And Spider is in a lower key or something, because it sounds much spookier than the original =) Instabul (Not Constantinople). The studio version features a short violin segment which is soon joined by the other instruments. The violin part [1:46] is instrumental (haha pun, :P) to the success of the song, and the trumpet which joins it is also really great. It also has the great voicings which are really impressive. There's the low droning, "Ohhhh" throughout the song, and at the end of the chorus [such as 1:10] there's the high "ohhh ah ohhh", which has the "do do do do..." under it. On Severe Tire Damage, the song is begun with a keyboard and trumpet. They skip all the multi-voicing stuff and just go for one vocal line. The "do do do do..." [2:13] is created by the trumpet rather than a human voice. And at the end of the song for the last "Istabuuullllll", there isn't the funny sounding "ooooh eeee oooooh" bit, and just end the song in stage fashion. Birdhouse in Your Soul. The solo from the studio album features that great keyboard [1:17], that basically has one note being held throughout, and a few subtle things around it, and is followed by a horn arrangment. It doesn't appear to be anything that can't be accomplished on stage, but instead of the keyboard/horn break, there's a guitar, heavy on the effects, and a trumpet playing a solo overtop. I kind of like both versions really, but I prefer the studio version. It also sounds as if the studio version is slightly lower in pitch. This may have been done to make the recording work with the violins because it's hard to have violins be in the same key (it's something to that effect). It's possible, with recording devices, to raise or lower the pitch 1 whole step without altering the speed of the recording - it may even be more now. I know the Velvet Underground used to do it all the time which is why things like 'Venus in Furs' sound differently live. Random Severe Tire Damage thought...my explanation for why they would put Doctor Worm ahead of the Severe Tire Damage theme. It was just a single that was included on the album, since it hadn't been available in any other form (as far as I know), so it's the first track, followed by the Theme... which actually opens the album's live recorded content. And so on. Adam ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 21:39:10 EDT Subject: TMBG: bootleg Did anyone get a recording of the 7/19/99 concert at Irving Plaza? I know it is online, but I would love it on CDs. If you're interested email me personally, and all of my tapes are up at http://drwormx.webjump.com/boots.htm so we can arrange something. Matt--Blame it on Pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org "If it wasn't for disappointment, I wouldn't have any appointment." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990723023010.98434.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 19:30:09 PDT >Josh Buckland wrote earlier about the BLAIR WITCH project: > > >I remember someone talking about this film not long ago, and I didn't > >think much of it untill I saw the advertisments today. Can someone tell >me > >what it's about? > >But earlier than THAT, Josh Buckland wrote: > > > > >The TMBG mailing list is administered by Leo Bicknell >. > > >It provides a forum for discussing They Might Be Giants and Their >music. > > > > > > > Let's all remember that...... > > But you will NEVER see Josh Buckland write: "Aaarrgh, maties! I be Peg-Legged-Georgie, the infamous Toilet-Paper supplyman of the globally feared Erika Crew! Aarrgh!" >What exactly _IS_ your game? Or does >the Blair Witch project contain TMBG's famous "Where Your Eyes Don't >Go?" > Game? There is no game. I am an avid fan of the horror genre. I have seen some of the great rarities that some people only read about (I Met the Feebles 6 times!). I own the unrated version of "Dead Alive", which was damned hard to get ahold of. (I know that there are one or two better versions, but those are a little TOO rare in America) As for the TMBG significance? The Johns would have gotten there asses outta there had they been in a real life situation similar to the Blair Witch Project. >And don't give me your AMERICA thing, or a SONG. Answer it. > "I'm afraid of Americans I'm afraid of the world I'm afraid I can't help..." Ooops, I thought you said "Give me your AMERICA thing in a SONG. John "Go away, you silly person" Cleese Josh "Don't Eat the Reefer" Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and from where I'm sittin', there just ain't enough damn dogs." -"Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2" _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:46:32 -0400 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! Message-ID: <19990722.224632.-276083.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Josh Buckland: >But you will NEVER see Josh Buckland write: >"Aaarrgh, maties! I be Peg-Legged-Georgie, the infamous Toilet-Paper >supplyman of the globally feared Erika Crew! Aarrgh!" Don't go raggin' on my crew, man. They didn't get to be globally feared for nothing ya know. And anyway, there's absolutely no need to bring up the pirate thing again. Leffel had a point. Why do you (or anyone else for that matter) get to determine what is considered an "okay" off-topic thread? To be honest, I haven't read most of the posts about the Blair Witch thing, but you don't see me whining about it. Jeemeneez. ever-sincere, eriKa, this is all rather irksome. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990723025759.16227.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 19:57:58 PDT > > It may not be your run-of-the-mill horror/slasher type movie, but it is > > more what it does to your mind... it is more that is unseen than seen >that > > scares the bejeezus out of people. There hasn't been too many >psychological > > horror films in a while (what *was* the last one?). > >i remember the last horror movie that i saw kind of like that was >brainscan. man. at the end, my sister and i were like- WHAT? what >THE HELL just happened???? whh....but....b....hey! > Might I suggest "The Ugly"? Sure, there was a lot of physical violence and all that good stuff, but the only parts I thought was scarey were a good 60% of ALL of the non-violent scenes. And about 40% of the violent. Josh "Don't Eat the Reefer" Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and from where I'm sittin', there just ain't enough damn dogs." -"Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2" _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:07:44 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3797DC80.53AACB8E@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: They Might Be Giants, etc. Adam Shoop wrote: > Listen: > This post doesn't feature any Blaire Witch Trial content. Well, if that isn't Blaire (sic) Witch Trial content, I don't know what is! ;) Bob "I didn't expect this sort of Spanish Inquisition!" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:10:38 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <3797DD2E.9E9943C6@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! > > But you will NEVER see Josh Buckland write: > > "Aaarrgh, maties! I be Peg-Legged-Georgie, the infamous Toilet-Paper > supplyman of the globally feared Erika Crew! Aarrgh!" > So basically, the brunt of your entire anti-offtopic thread mudraking was against Cap'n eriKa then? Or is it only against certain topics which you (and others) deem 'unworthy' of discussion? I'd just like to know what exactly IS the qualifications for an offtopic discussion to legally occur on the list. "Cap'n eriKa" =BAD. Blair Witch =Good! > >What exactly _IS_ your game? Or does > >the Blair Witch project contain TMBG's famous "Where Your Eyes Don't > >Go?" > > > > Game? There is no game. I am an avid fan of the horror genre. BUT HOW DO YOU JUSTIFY BEING FREE TO PARTICIPATE IN THAT THREAD WHEN YOU OPENLY MOCK OTHERS??? IS IT ONLY BECAUSE *YOU* LIKE THAT THREAD?!? TMBG has as MUCH content in the Blair Witch thread as any other offtopic thread, hell, it has even LESS in it. I do not see how you or anyone else can denounce offtopic threads yet particepate in certain ones. > I have seen > some of the great rarities that some people only read about (I Met the > Feebles 6 times!). I own the unrated version of "Dead Alive", which was > damned hard to get ahold of. (I know that there are one or two better > versions, but those are a little TOO rare in America) As for the TMBG > significance? The Johns would have gotten there asses outta there had they > been in a real life situation similar to the Blair Witch Project. > Now we're backing away from answering. You can NOT even remotely BELIEVE that the Blair Witch discussion is more important than any other offtopic discussion. It just happens to be one that you feel you would like to participate in. > >And don't give me your AMERICA thing, or a SONG. Answer it. > > > > "I'm afraid of Americans > I'm afraid of the world > I'm afraid I can't help..." > > Ooops, I thought you said "Give me your AMERICA thing in a SONG. > > John "Go away, you silly person" Cleese > I think I will. You've proven yourself well indeed. Mike "QUIT TALKING ABOUT BURGER KING!!!! Oh! Anybody like McDonalds?" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990723035126.94097.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 20:51:25 PDT >So basically, the brunt of your entire anti-offtopic thread mudraking >was >against Cap'n eriKa then? Or is it only against certain topics which >you (and others) deem 'unworthy' of discussion? > > I'd just like to know what exactly IS the qualifications for an >offtopic >discussion to legally occur on the list. "Cap'n eriKa" =BAD. Blair Witch >=Good! > *sigh* Weather or not I'm at fault, talking to you guys is like trying to explain IP Hacking to a eighty-year-old man who has just awakened from a fifty-year coma. I'm not sure how Erika or yourself ever got the idea that I was against either of you in anyway at all. I dunno if you know it or not, but the whole "Leffel is God" remark referes to a thread that went on while you were gone. It went something to the affect of "Leffel is God, and the Johns are Jesus and the Holy Spirit". You get the idea. And I never said that Erika was bad, her groupies were bad, or the thread itself was bad. We were poking fun at the pattern of posts at the time, and everyone assums that means we are angry at the threads or mad because they are there. Yes, the one remark that Carlyn made about unsubscribing because of the onslaught of pirate posts WAS a display of dislike, we never said that the posts shouldn't BE there. How, you ask, should we distinguish good threads from bad threads? My answer: There are no good and bad threads (with the exception of "What was everyone thinking just now"), only seperate interests. So, Christ, people, let's just get along and try not to take eachother so seriously. Josh "Don't Eat the Reefer" Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and from where I'm sittin', there just ain't enough damn dogs." -"Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2" _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 23:23:21 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3797EE38.B8490834@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! Josh Buckland wrote: > >So basically, the brunt of your entire anti-offtopic thread mudraking > >was > >against Cap'n eriKa then? Or is it only against certain topics which > >you (and others) deem 'unworthy' of discussion? > > > > I'd just like to know what exactly IS the qualifications for an > >offtopic > >discussion to legally occur on the list. "Cap'n eriKa" =BAD. Blair Witch > >=Good! > > *sigh* Weather or not I'm at fault, talking to you guys is like trying to > explain IP Hacking to a eighty-year-old man who has just awakened from a > fifty-year coma. Seeing your pointless similes is like staring at paint dry! > I'm not sure how Erika or yourself ever got the idea that I was against > either of you in anyway at all. Oh, maybe just the way that you specifically attacked them in your earlier posts regarding the offtopic posts... > I dunno if you know it or not, but the whole "Leffel is God" remark referes > to a thread that went on while you were > gone. It went something to the affect of "Leffel is God, and the Johns are > Jesus and the Holy Spirit". You get the idea. That was like December... You're grasping at straws to keep the list in havoc, or so it would appear. > And I never said that Erika was bad, her groupies were bad, or the thread > itself was bad. SO, instead of eriKa being bad, everyone who posted to the thread EXCEPT for eriKa was bad? That's so much better! That only alienates about 10 to 15 people instead of just 1! Not that your hostile attitude hasn't seemed to perfectly coincide with the lack of posts from the rush of newbies we were seeing recently... > We were poking fun at the pattern of posts at the time, and everyone assums > that means we are angry at the threads or mad because they are there. Yes, > the one remark that Carlyn made about unsubscribing because of the onslaught > of > pirate posts WAS a display of dislike, we never said that the posts shouldn't > BE there. You REPLIED to the part of the FAQ that said that this is a list for TMBG discussion! Mike Leffel pointed this out! You completely ignore this by mentioning the pirate thread again, out of nowhere! > How, you ask, should we distinguish good threads from bad threads? My > answer: There are no good and bad threads (with the exception of "What was > everyone thinking just now"), only seperate interests. So, Christ, people, > let's just get along and try not to take eachother so seriously. Perhaps you should practice what you preach! Bob "Not that it's gonna change a thing" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 00:15:25 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7n8t1m$1kc2$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Gigantor and webcast eRiCh wrote in message news:001501bed490$a1d320e0$eb9ea2d1@tk421... > > eRiCh wrote: > > > > > > Is Gigantor an original tmbg song? eRiCh > > > > No, it was originally performed by Trent Reznor in 1993 at some > > concert or something... > > > > Mike "Leffel in the Shell" Leffel > > yeah good. anyway I have never heard of it and all of sudden it opos up all > over the mailing list it just sounds to me like maybe they did this song for > the show, and some guy said he put it on his long tall weekend CD so it > sounded to me like tmbg did it? did they? what's the whole story? eRiCh It's not a tmbg original. They've played it before some of their concerts as an intro, including the last webcast. Gigantor is an old japanese animated series that was popular years ago, probably when the Johns were growing up. I've posted this info here before, and I'm having the strange feeling nobody is reading my messages. -Jay ------------------------------ From: BigTMBGfan@aol.com Message-ID: <5bb44979.24c95351@aol.com> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 01:10:41 EDT Subject: TMBG: I'm new I'm new, don't look at me... ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 00:29:44 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <3797FDC8.4B5E8337@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! > *sigh* Weather or not I'm at fault, talking to you guys is like trying to > explain IP Hacking to a eighty-year-old man who has just awakened from a > fifty-year coma. > Perhaps you should stop explaining IP Hacking then. > I'm not sure how Erika or yourself ever got the idea that I was against > either of you in anyway at all. You're diverting what I'm saying, and playing your little games of distortion. I asked why you complain about offtopic posts if you feel you can then participate in them freely. I asked what offtopic thread is allowed on this list, if you and others feel that certain ones are not allowed. > I dunno if you know it or not, but the > whole "Leffel is God" remark referes to a thread that went on while you were > gone. I know full well what it refers to. What I don't know is (a)Why you're bringing this up at all and (2) Why you're obviously obsessed with it and (3) What you're remarking about it for at all anyway, since it's all but blown over anyway. It's a rather ANTIQUATED thing to even be talking about at all. So it was said. Other things have been said too. Why do you not continually refer to them?? > How, you ask, should we distinguish good threads from > bad threads? My answer: There are no good and bad threads (with the > exception of "What was everyone thinking just now"), only seperate > interests. Appearantly, then, you feel that certain threads are wrong and deserve to be mocked or complained about, while others are 'appropriate' and can be run until they end naturally. > So, Christ, people, let's just get along and try not to take > eachother so seriously. > I like how you create (or add to) havok and then when someone questions you or catches you in conflict to your opinions, you turn victim and try to make everyone 'get along'. I've seen you do it before. I'm sure we'll see it happen again. I do NOT want to see it happen again. Mike "Nothing to say here" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 01:41:03 -0400 Subject: NON TMBG: Conan question Message-ID: <19990723.014141.-143313.2.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray I'm asking this list instead of the offtopic list because this list has a LOT more members on it. Did anyone catch the name of the Irish comedian who was on Late Night with Conan O' Brian tonight? He was on after John Lovitts (sp?). I am now in intense Random impulse mode Mysterio Gal (Clagr McBlu aka Vanessa Siesta) "This iron horse only goes around and around a man made duck pond in dummyland now!" --Crosley Bendix MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 01:20:17 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7n91qs$1orj$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: I'm new wrote in message news:5bb44979.24c95351@aol.com... > I'm new, don't look at me... *stares* Anyway, welcome, um... Big TMBG fan, so do you like TMBG? -Jay ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 20:32:04 -1000 From: "Courtney L. Patubo" Subject: TMBG: Emusic.com Hi folks, Well, I had a couple of problems when downloading LTW. Not in downloading the tracks themselves, but with the service. I had made my selections and proceeded to checkout, at which point I was prompted to create a new account. Fine. I entered my information, and clicked "continue" (or whatever their equivalent is), and I was *immediately* pushed into the downloading! There was no "Return to shopping cart" or anything, and my credit card was immediately charged. My other gripe is that the option to download the entire album for $8.99 was placed poorly. It should really be at the bottom of the page. I had checked the boxes to download all the songs, and saw too late that there was a whole album download button at the *top* of the page. Arrgh! I brought these issues to Emusic's attention, and I got a credit back, and they said they would take my suggestions into consideration. Okay. But, heck, I got the album, and that's that. Courtney L . Patubo - cpatubo@sirius.com toonie@tmbg.org * ICQ #3762743 http://www.sirius.com/~cpatubo "You made my day, now you have to sleep in it." ------------------------------ From: gooey@flashmail.com Message-Id: <4.1.19990723033552.0095b810@pop.gwu.edu> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 03:41:50 -0100 Subject: TMBG: eBay misuses >From: Amy Greenlese >Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:02:13 -0400 > >safeharbor@ebay.com is the email address I've been using for months to >report the sale of bootlegs. They usually end the auction fairly >quickly. Fucking narc. You'll pay. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990723180349.007bacc0@student.anu.edu.au> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 18:03:49 +1000 From: Ryan Mooney Subject: TMBG: GEMM and Nudity. Two things that make the internet great. Just a few points... Regarding Eyes Wide Shut - naked men who are sexually excited (Eyes Wide Shut) tend to look very different to naked men who are not (Wild Things). This is not the case with women. Regarding "This Time" - this must simply be mis-identified. The catalog number given with the listing is EKR194CD, which is the code for the European release of Back To Skull. It is missing "Ondine", and comes in a card sleeve, not a Digipak. -Ryan ------------------------------ From: "Bridget Therease" Subject: RE: NON TMBG: Conan question Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 01:19:01 -0700 Message-ID: <000001bed4e4$05068d20$14c66ac6@tooms> > I'm asking this list instead of the offtopic list because this list has a > LOT more members on it. > > Did anyone catch the name of the Irish comedian who was on Late Night > with Conan O' Brian tonight? He was on after John Lovitts (sp?). Yessir! 'twas Ed Burns. HAHAH! i love conan o'brien. bridget "so you're a cooperative grandmother - oh i didn't know that! - who's cheesy and smelly!" guildner bridgie t. "i was a nice girl," she pleaded, "wasn't i?" http://www.proaxis.com/~tooms/ celestia@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: "Bridget Therease" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Conan Question Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 01:30:41 -0700 Message-ID: <000101bed4e5$a66838c0$14c66ac6@tooms> ...or rather, ed byrne. ed burns is some director. Whoopsie! gotta save face. but first, the whores! bridgie t. "i was a nice girl," she pleaded, "wasn't i?" http://www.proaxis.com/~tooms/ celestia@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005e01bed4f5$5bed31a0$92570e04@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 06:23:05 -0400 1. We ALL know he's the biggest idiot we've probably ever seen. 2. If he's spitting out the phrase "IP hacking" you know he's a waste of flesh 3. He's NEVER EVER been consistent with his whining. 4. I'm glad I read your posts, because I would've missed this hilarious thread since I have a filter set up for all messages from ol' Josh Idiotboy to be trashed immediately. Brother John Green Jello -----Original Message----- From: Mike Leffel To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Friday, July 23, 1999 1:30 AM Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! > >> *sigh* Weather or not I'm at fault, talking to you guys is like trying to >> explain IP Hacking to a eighty-year-old man who has just awakened from a >> fifty-year coma. >> > >Perhaps you should stop explaining IP Hacking then. > >> I'm not sure how Erika or yourself ever got the idea that I was against >> either of you in anyway at all. > > >You're diverting what I'm saying, and playing your little games of >distortion. I asked why you complain about offtopic posts if you feel >you can then participate in them freely. I asked what offtopic thread is >allowed on this list, if you and others feel that certain ones are >not allowed. > >> I dunno if you know it or not, but the >> whole "Leffel is God" remark referes to a thread that went on while you were >> gone. > > >I know full well what it refers to. What I don't know is (a)Why you're >bringing this up at all and (2) Why you're obviously obsessed with it >and >(3) What you're remarking about it for at all anyway, since it's all but >blown over anyway. It's a rather ANTIQUATED thing to even be talking >about >at all. So it was said. Other things have been said too. Why do you not >continually refer to them?? > > >> How, you ask, should we distinguish good threads from >> bad threads? My answer: There are no good and bad threads (with the >> exception of "What was everyone thinking just now"), only seperate >> interests. > >Appearantly, then, you feel that certain threads are wrong and deserve >to be mocked or complained about, while others are 'appropriate' and >can be run until they end naturally. > >> So, Christ, people, let's just get along and try not to take >> eachother so seriously. >> > >I like how you create (or add to) havok and then when someone questions >you >or catches you in conflict to your opinions, you turn victim and try to >make >everyone 'get along'. I've seen you do it before. I'm sure we'll see it >happen >again. I do NOT want to see it happen again. > >Mike "Nothing to say here" Leffel ________________________________________________________ NetZero - We believe in a FREE Internet. Shouldn't you? Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html ------------------------------ From: BigTMBGfan@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:30:39 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: I'm new There's a dead fetus on my face???? Ahhhh, get it off!!!! Mike Remember, the only thing better than food, is free food! ------------------------------ From: BigTMBGfan@aol.com Message-ID: <2f9c581a.24c9c985@aol.com> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:35:01 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: I'm new Hmmm...do I like TMBG good question... Mike Remember, the only better than food, is free food!!! ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <13403145.24c9fece@aol.com> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:22:22 EDT Subject: TMBG: Lyrics To "On Earth, My Nina" OK, as of this morning, after deliberating with tape and others on the alt.music.tmbg newsgroup, I'm pretty satisfied that the following is a completed set of lyrics to "On Earth, My Nina": Her burden of things walking out Her burden of things walking out On earth, my Nina. On earth, my Nina God forbid a vaguer feat National hell mock me Say the sparrow wants a morbid arrow Here's a quarter That's the one I want Maybe I'll buy the whirlwind That always keeps me yearning Her sitter's down there, mourning Her burden of things walking out Her burden of things walking out On earth, my Nina. On earth, my Nina Also, I posted the following to the newsgroup as well: <> Also consider Nina = Ann (possibly a reference to a certain Ana?). Karen Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:34:47 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3798A7B7.9BD53FCB@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: eBay misuses gooey@flashmail.com wrote: > >From: Amy Greenlese > > > >safeharbor@ebay.com is the email address I've been using for months to > >report the sale of bootlegs. They usually end the auction fairly > >quickly. > > Fucking narc. > > You'll pay. So, it's bad to turn in people profiting immensely off of an mp3-only album by making several CD-r's of their single copy, but it's perfectly fine and dandy to make direct threats, and not even personally, but to an entire list? Bob "Taking notes!" Scott ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990723134304.00907c70@mail.its.rpi.edu> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:43:04 -0400 From: "Mark L. Paulsen" Subject: Re: TMBG: eBay misuses Two wrongs don't make a situation right. At 12:34 PM 7/23/99 -0500, Bob Scott wrote: >gooey@flashmail.com wrote: > >> >From: Amy Greenlese >> > >> >safeharbor@ebay.com is the email address I've been using for months to >> >report the sale of bootlegs. They usually end the auction fairly >> >quickly. >> >> Fucking narc. >> >> You'll pay. > >So, it's bad to turn in people profiting immensely off of an mp3-only album >by making several CD-r's of their single copy, but it's perfectly fine and >dandy to make direct threats, and not even personally, but to an entire >list? > >Bob "Taking notes!" Scott > > > > > ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:49:24 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3798AB24.2B85705D@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: eBay misuses "Mark L. Paulsen" wrote: > Two wrongs don't make a situation right. Do you really think that your statement, or any statement is gonna make this situation right? Complain to gooey! He's the one who posted the threatening message. I see nothing wrong with pointing out the irony of a message like his. I don't expect my jibe at ignorance to make the world a better place. Bob "Some people need to have a little light on their monitor that lights up with the word SATIRE when they read certain messages, apparently..." Scott > At 12:34 PM 7/23/99 -0500, Bob Scott wrote: > >gooey@flashmail.com wrote: > > > >> >From: Amy Greenlese > >> > > >> >safeharbor@ebay.com is the email address I've been using for months to > >> >report the sale of bootlegs. They usually end the auction fairly > >> >quickly. > >> > >> Fucking narc. > >> > >> You'll pay. > > > >So, it's bad to turn in people profiting immensely off of an mp3-only album > >by making several CD-r's of their single copy, but it's perfectly fine and > >dandy to make direct threats, and not even personally, but to an entire > >list? > > > >Bob "Taking notes!" Scott ------------------------------ From: BigTMBGfan@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 14:18:06 EDT Subject: TMBG: Chat room How many people on this list are part of the TMBG chat? I am, and I use the names Mike, and The one and only me!!! Just for curiousities sake. Mike Remember, the only thing better than food, is free food!!! ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <1e407d15.24ca1795@aol.com> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:08:05 EDT Subject: TMBG: The missing text from my last post (re: "On Earth My Nina") This is what was missing out of my last post. Also, I posted the following to the newsgroup as well: I looked up the name Nina in my "meaning of names" book, and it says the following: Nina: "Grace" (Hebrew). A form of Nan or Ann. Nina in Spanish merely means "little girl." I've heard that John L. is a fan of Spanish novels -- maybe he meant the word in a Spanish sense, instead of just as a female name (or both). Just a bit of supposition over here :-) Also consider Nina = Ann (possibly a reference to a certain Ana?). Karen Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <0F4FE960EF7BD211B27B00104B95BF0B1DA561@TDSCSERVER03> From: Amy Greenlese Subject: Re: TMBG: eBay misuses Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:07:31 -0400 Bob Scott wrote: > >gooey@flashmail.com wrote: > > > > > >From: Amy Greenlese > > > > > > > >safeharbor@ebay.com is the email address I've been using for > months to > > > >report the sale of bootlegs. They usually end the auction fairly > > > >quickly. > > > > > > Fucking narc. > > > > > > You'll pay. > > > >So, it's bad to turn in people profiting immensely off of an mp3-only > album > >by making several CD-r's of their single copy, but it's perfectly > fine and > >dandy to make direct threats, and not even personally, but to an > entire > >list? > > > >Bob "Taking notes!" Scott Oh, so you're saying he should have just threatened me directly so I could deal with him alone? Thanks, I thought I could count on your support to get through this! Or maybe you just didn't want him cluttering up the list with off-topic posts! Or maybe you yourself made the threat and now you're trying to cover it up! Ah ha! I see through your little game! There's no escape now!!!! Amy "Muhahahahahah!" Greenlese :) P.S. By the way, before we all take this too seriously, this message was A JOKE! ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 14:18:03 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3798BFEB.61F5D146@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: eBay misuses Amy Greenlese wrote: > Oh, so you're saying he should have just threatened me directly so I > could deal with him alone? Thanks, I thought I could count on your > support to get through this! Or maybe you just didn't want him > cluttering up the list with off-topic posts! Or maybe you yourself > made the threat and now you're trying to cover it up! Ah ha! I see > through your little game! There's no escape now!!!! This is just like that one episode of Gigantor! > Amy "Muhahahahahah!" Greenlese :) > > P.S. By the way, before we all take this too seriously, this message > was A JOKE! What message? ;) Bob "Glad that SOME people can determine between a threat and a message poking fun at a threat" Scott ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990723203428.26470.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:34:28 PDT Reverend Kristina K. Panos wrote: >Are you kidding??? Check this out!! I'm pretty sure that all of the Fingertips were WRITTEN by the Johns, though. >>Thanks for the info. I didn't even know that. Are there any other >>Fingertips that weren't done by TMBG? -dex -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Who's knocking on the wall?" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990723203555.19091.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Re: They Might Be Giants, etc. Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:35:55 PDT Bob Scott wrote: >Bob "I didn't expect this sort of Spanish Inquisition!" Scott NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "The comfy chair?" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990723203700.54325.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: I'm new Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:37:00 PDT Jay G. wrote: > wrote in message >news:5bb44979.24c95351@aol.com... > > I'm new, don't look at me... > >*stares* What is everyone staring at? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "What is everyone looking at?" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:49:20 -0500 (CDT) From: Jamal Rogers Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Re: They Might Be Giants, etc. Message-ID: On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > Bob Scott wrote: > >Bob "I didn't expect this sort of Spanish Inquisition!" Scott > > > NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! I did! No, wait, that was Bugs Bunny. Jamal "I like cookies" Rogers ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990723210927.15577.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Reverend Kristina K. Panos" Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 21:09:26 GMT >Reverend Kristina K. Panos wrote: >>Are you kidding??? Check this out!! > > > >I'm pretty sure that all of the Fingertips were WRITTEN by the Johns, >though. Uh, yeah, so? I thought that was a given. Sorry. >>>Thanks for the info. I didn't even know that. Are there any other >>>Fingertips that weren't done by TMBG? -dex >-- >May the light shine upon thee, >Nathan Mulac "Who's knocking on the wall?" DeHoff >DinnerBell@tmbg.org >http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ > > >_______________________________________________________________ >Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 17:25:39 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Message-ID: <19990723.172542.2686.1.Phone_Book@juno.com> From: polly j maloiseau >Uh, yeah, so? I thought that was a given. Sorry. then how come you responded to the question "were any other fingertips not WRITTEN by the johns" with "are you KIDDING" and then a list of the performers? it would seem that you were implying that they weren't written by the johns, rather than leaving it to a given that they were. and to josh buckland: "what you do speaks so loud that i cannot hear what you say." --emerson. peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 14:40:23 -0700 (PDT) From: John White Subject: Non-TMBG: edith head Message-ID: Offered for your consideration, one styrofoam mannequin-esque head, given freely several years ago at a forgotten yard sale. A seemingly normal styrofoam head, as styrofoam heads go, except for one particular trait, one small distinguishing mark, a thing to make one turn their head in bewonderment before strolling on. At the base of the neck is scrawled in what can be considered either a childish or maniacal hand, one word: EDITH Coincidence, or a cryptic allusion to the namesake of this post? Perhaps some things we are not meant to know. returning to your regular fits of hostility, j. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 17:50:27 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Message-ID: <19990723.175030.2686.2.Phone_Book@juno.com> From: polly j maloiseau i wrote: >>then how come you responded to the question "were any other fingertips >>not WRITTEN by the johns" with "are you KIDDING" and then a list of the >>performers? it would seem that you were implying that they weren't >>written by the johns, rather than leaving it to a given that they were. and then the esteemed reverend kristina: >I'm sorry! Originally he had asked if there were any others not *sung* by >TMBG. So I gave him the list. I wasn't aware that he changed his inquiry >to "written", because the orginal inquiry was to which ones Brian Dewan >*sang*. checking back, dexter's original inquiry was "were any fingertips not done by the johns?" i assumed that by "done" he meant "write," as i also assumed that brian dewan wrote and performed his own fingertips; although looking back, it could be considered that he was asking which fingertips were performed by other parties. at any rate, i retract my earlier comment and apologize; dexter didn't use the word "written" as i claimed, and so i spoke a bit too soon (something i often do). peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #19-24 ******************************