Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #19-3 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 19, Number 3 Saturday, 3 July 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Re: Two Unrelated Things... TMBG: To all the newbies I've loved before... TMBG: oops... TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #19-1 TMBG: Dr. Evil and some other crap Re: TMBG: Dr. Evil and some other crap Re: TMBG: Re: Two Unrelated Things... Re: TMBG: A Psuedo-TMBG reference... TMBG: Summer Stage Fathers' Day CD! Re: TMBG: Favorite songs Re: TMBG: Dr. Evil and some other crap Re: TMBG: Favorite songs TMBG: Re: TMBG Demo Tape mp3s TMBG: Flans is number three Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <001201bec484$cb4b7600$acb3a4c1@squid> From: "Uncle Squid" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Two Unrelated Things... Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 13:16:49 +0100 >Sigh. I had a much better reply earlier. Silly Netscape says crashie. Damn NutScrape Navigator, use IE5, it's good (and it's not made of wood)! *takes a back-hander from Bill Gates* >Silly Mike says tossie outie a windie. > >> >> What is your quest? (sorry, couldn't resist) >> > >To always look on the bright side of life. >(Whistle Whistle, Whistle Whistle Whistle) My quest is to follow the dream (the impossible one) >> Actually, it's: >> >> What is your favorite Non-TMBG song? Feel free to elaborate on your answer, > > >Old Favorites (abridged, of course) > > (*)Runaway - Del Shannon That's one of the best songs ever made. It's one of my faves on the "That'll Be The Day" LP -- Uncle "To dream, the impossible dream, to fight, the unbeatable foe" Squid... ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: TMBG: To all the newbies I've loved before... Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 13:27:12 -0400 Message-ID: <003801bec4b0$1ed2c410$fe01a8c0@minime> Hi all, I'm NOT the only one who just joined!!!! Yeahhh!! :) Welcome one and all. This is only my second post because I just signed up last night. I think this list could become very interesting, but you probably won't get much of a response until tonight. It seems most of us are nocturnal beasts, and so the list becomes more active at night. This is true with most lists, but this one still seems to be in it's infancy. WE MUST UNITE! Well, I guess I just mean, please post when something comes to your mind. If you don't post, the next guy (or gal) won't and it will become a deafeningly silent. :( TTFN, AugieWan _______________________________________ AugieWan - The Beloved, The Hated... augiewan@thespeakeasy.com http://www.thespeakeasy.com/augiewan -Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat. ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: TMBG: oops... Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 14:20:52 -0400 Message-ID: <003a01bec4b7$9e2d22d0$fe01a8c0@minime> Oh, bah suck! Ignore that last post. It went to the wrong list.... _______________________________________ AugieWan - The Beloved, The Hated... augiewan@thespeakeasy.com -Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat. ------------------------------ From: SNLgirl7@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 16:45:02 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #19-1 ------------------------------ From: SNLgirl7@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 16:47:26 EDT Subject: TMBG: Dr. Evil and some other crap Hi, I'm Lindsey and i just joined the list like a week ago. I wnated to know who is the youngest person on this list. I might be; I'm 15 and my b-day is Sept 12. Let me know if any of you are younger. I'm just curious. Does anyone know what's going on with this Dr. Evil soundtrack stuff? I keep hearing different things. If anyone could clarify, that would be much appreciated. I hope everyone is doing well. From the embryonic whale to the monkey with no tail, Lindsey ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 14:12:30 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Evil and some other crap Message-ID: <27112-377D2B3E-10479@postoffice-243.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Well, I know 2 people on the list who are younger than you. I'm one of them (14). There's another one, but I don't know if she wishes for me to tell here age. -dex ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990702213938.22955.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Two Unrelated Things... Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 14:39:37 PDT Mike Leffel wrote: > (*)Fur Elsie (Sp?) bah. there are far too many CLASSICAL ones, and >I >don't > know most of their names, and I'm too bored to look at my cd's. The actual title is "Albumblatt," but it's usually referred to as "Fuer Elise." I'm not sure if that's a subtitle or just a dedication, and the guy who'd know for sure is long dead. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Die Kuh isst die Suppe" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990702214136.81248.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: A Psuedo-TMBG reference... Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 14:41:36 PDT Julie Elendriel wrote: >Okie, in light of all the suppposed TMBG references posted on here >recently... > >I had finished using hotmail, and logged out. in the banner ad on the msn >logout page there was this: > >****Let your freak flag fly!**** This isn't really a TMBG reference. It was an old hippie expression that the Johns happened to allude to. Now, if it had said, "I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher," that would have been a different story. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "How can I sing like John Flansburgh?" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: "Lee Steel" Subject: TMBG: Summer Stage Fathers' Day CD! Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 17:42:08 -0700 Message-ID: I want to post a note to everyone on the list that this set of CD's is wonderful! It just came in the mail today and is a 2 disk set, complete with jewel case ready artwork. Tracks include: 6/20/99 New York City James K. Polk Edith Head Istanbul Cyclops Rock Racist Rriend Mammal She's Actual Size It's So Loud In Here Ana Ng Born In A Graveyard A Clean Show Shoehorn Art Gartfunkel Pet Name Spy Whistling In The Dark Spider Why Does The Sun Shine Dr. Evil She's An Angel Particle Man / I Saw The Sign Older Birdhouse The Guitar Summerstage Plug Maybe I Know Number 3 Dr. Worm Tower Records 10/16/98 Introduction They Got Lost Whistling In The Dark Your Own Worst Enemy Dan Levine & Sinatra Particle Man Mammal Frankenstein I Am Not Your Broom Birdhouse A Self Called Nowhere Dr. Worm Bowery Ballroom 5/15/99 Edith Head Cyclops Rock Spy She's Actual Size Thunderbird Dr. Evil The Guitar Why Does The Sun Shine Istanbul People! THIS CD IS DESTINED TO BE THE NEXT "DR SPOCK" IT IS A MUST MUST MUST have for EVERY collector. E-mail this guy and make a trade with him today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mailto:bojarsky@concentric.net I Guarantee you won't be disapointed. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990702214814.91901.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: Favorite songs Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 14:48:13 PDT Steve! wrote: >On another topic, what does everyone think about the new TMBG songs >they've been playing at some of the recent shows? I enjoy Dr. Evil & >Thunderbird, think It's So Loud in Here is alright, but the other 2 >(She >Thinks She's Edith Head, Cyclops Rock)are rather lackluster, IMHO. >Anyone >else? I like all of them to a certain extent. "Edith Head" doesn't have much variation in tune, though. Robin Goldwasser's vocals on "Dr. Evil" are excellent. "Cyclops Rock" is a lot of fun. That's about all for now, but maybe I'll have more thoughts later, when I'm not working on a computer in a library that's going to close pretty soon. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "I'm sick, like Nixon was sick, and I've learned the value of human sacrifice" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990702215045.20960.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Evil and some other crap Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 14:50:45 PDT Lindsey wrote: >Does anyone know what's going on with this Dr. Evil soundtrack stuff? >I >keep >hearing different things. If anyone could clarify, that would be >much >appreciated. If there's a second soundtrack for the "Austin Powers" movie, the song might well be on there. I'm not sure if it's ever going to be on a TMBG release or not. So, basically, I can't help you. Sorry. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan, Nathan is his one and only name DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 18:01:16 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Favorite songs In a message dated 7/1/99 5:22:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cambot@juno.com writes: << Yup. On another topic, what does everyone think about the new TMBG songs they've been playing at some of the recent shows? I enjoy Dr. Evil & Thunderbird, think It's So Loud in Here is alright, but the other 2 (She Thinks She's Edith Head, Cyclops Rock)are rather lackluster, IMHO. Anyone else? >> I am in love with all the new songs...I cant decide which one is my favorite. Thunderbird is SO good, and very interesting musically and lyrically...Cyclops Rock is MAYBE the best one, the lyrics are great...The chorus for Its So Loud In Here blows me away. My least favorite is Edith Head, but I still love it. The music is really simple and kind of stupid, but its such a fun and interesting song. Dr.Evil is friggin' great also...its so fun to sing.. Its so great they are still writing good songs! YAY!! (or its so good they are still writing great songs?) Jordan ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 22:23:44 GMT From: Newt Floss Message-ID: <7lje56$obg$1@nnrp1.deja.com> Organization: Deja.com - Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Demo Tape mp3s Are you from San Fransisco or the California Bay Area? > - UgM - who tries not to ever use "hella", but it seemed to fit this > time Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Share what you know. Learn what you don't. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 20:17:35 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Flans is number three Message-ID: <19990702.201736.-414005.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Has anyone noticed that on all the studio albums (so this is excluding STD), that the third song is always a Flansburgh song? There's Number Three, Lie Still Little Bottle, Lucky Ball & Chain, She's Actual Size, Sleeping in the Flowers, Birds Fly and How Can I Sing Like a Girl?. STD is excluded because the third song is They Got Lost. I just realized that today and found it odd... ever-sincere, eriKa, got Direct from Brooklyn today! Woohoo! Happy birthday to me! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #19-3 *****************************