Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #19-4 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 19, Number 4 Sunday, 4 July 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: MST3K Pseudo Reference~! TMBG: youngest members Re: TMBG: youngest members TMBG: jim k's favorite songs TMBG: Reference to a reference (freak flag) Re: TMBG: youngest members Re: TMBG: youngest members TMBG: Doot en doo doo. TMBG: Re: Dr. Evil and some other crap TMBG: Re: Doot en doo doo. Re: TMBG: Re: Doot en doo doo. Re: TMBG: Re: Doot en doo doo. Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <3fb53790.24af04cc@aol.com> Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 02:16:44 EDT Subject: TMBG: MST3K Pseudo Reference~! It *just* hit me... if you watch the episode from the other week, "Final Justice," (mmm... meatballs fried in lard!) you will note that one of the host segments features "Goosio," the beloved folk hero and TV star of Malta. Well... Tom and Crow mutilate Goosio, and you realize what happens next, don't you? The p-p-puppet head was only b-b-busted in. And lo, it was a better thing for everyone involved, (except Goosio and Malta) and they didn't have to cry. (But Mike did anyway.) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990703152332.6556.rocketmail@web216.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 08:23:32 -0700 (PDT) From: KRS Tyler Subject: TMBG: youngest members >Hi, I'm Lindsey and i just joined the list like a >week ago. I wnatedto know >who is the youngest person on this list. I might be; >I'm 15 and myb-day is >Sept 12. Let me know if any of you are younger. I'm >just curious. I'm 15 and my b-day is may 7, so that would make me younger but, i'm sure there is people younger than me maybe. _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: RingOH@aol.com Message-ID: <2dcf1437.24af8a90@aol.com> Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 11:47:28 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: youngest members I'm fourteen, my birthday was 6/3, so I might be the youngest. I've been hooked on TMBG since 1990 when I was five and my dad saw the birdhouse video on MTV. We got Flood, and then most of the other albums. So, anyway, I'm probably the youngest. By, the way does anyone know when Flans will be on Space Ghost? I've been watching every week, with a tape ready in the VCR. That would be really helpful, to end the suspense. Also, when is TMBG coming to the Cleveland area? In this case, that would mean Cleveland, Toledo, Akron, Canton, Youngstown, Columbus, heck, even Pittsburgh? Feel free to E-mail me at RingOH@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <377E4C57.D8B05921@mail.hcc.cc.fl.us> Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 13:46:00 -0400 From: Bert Rubini Organization: no, thank you Subject: TMBG: jim k's favorite songs Hi all I must say that I found Jim Kuermmerle's list of 'favorite songs' very interesting, mostly because it includes some of my old favorites, too. I can't resist commenting on one or two of these: 'little dude', pee shy wow, was I surprised to see this! I remember Pee Shy from when they were a local "unknown" band. One of the ladies in this band used to be a DJ here in the Tampa Bay area and her show was one of the most unusual and eclectic things around. I've seen this band several times, back when they were nobodies. Oops, well I guess they're STILL nobodies, really. 'cottontail', duke ellington I think this is a Charlie Parker tune? I'm sure Duke may have covered it, though, lots of people did. I was also pleased and surprised to see Cumbia and Jazz Fusion by Mingus. Who said mama's little baby likes shortenin' bread? Great list, Jim! bert ------------------------------ Message-Id: <377E4E77.296305AC@mail.hcc.cc.fl.us> Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 13:55:03 -0400 From: Bert Rubini Organization: no, thank you Subject: TMBG: Reference to a reference (freak flag) > I had finished using hotmail, and logged out. in the banner ad on the msn > logout page there was this: > > ****Let your freak flag fly!**** > > I'm freaked out. :P > > Julie :) > This is a reference to a reference, so to speak... TMBG didn't make up this expression, it was in use long before they used it. I've heard it in numerous tunes, including Jimi Hendrix "if 6 were 9" and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young "Almost Cut my Hair". Kind of like the "I saw the best minds of my generation..." thing, TMBG were making a reference themselves when they used the phrase. bert ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 13:22:53 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TMBG: youngest members Message-ID: <5436-377E711D-11587@postoffice-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> RingOH wrote: I'm fourteen, my birthday was 6/3, so I might be the youngest. I've been hooked on TMBG since 1990 when I was five and my dad saw the birdhouse video on MTV. We got Flood, and then most of the other albums. So, anyway, I'm probably the youngest. Now I'm writing: I'm afraid you're not the youngest. I know of at least 2 people on this list younger than you. One is me, I'm 14 as well, however, my birthday was the 19th of June. The other it that groovy chick herself who is 13. -dex ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 13:30:43 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TMBG: youngest members Message-ID: <5434-377E72F3-16397@postoffice-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Oh yeah, just incase some of you don't know who "that groovy chick" is, it's Laura (Helbling). ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 14:35:55 -0600 From: "Jeremiah" Message-ID: <7lls7c$20mk$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Doot en doo doo. Ahhhhhh! There's my thought for the day. Jeremiah ~I wish I would have started my TMBG obsession when I was younger....~ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 16:23:05 -0500 From: Laura Helbling Message-ID: <377E7F38.273C3C7F@connectria.com> Organization: no thank you Subject: TMBG: Re: Dr. Evil and some other crap SNLgirl7@aol.com wrote: > Hi, I'm Lindsey and i just joined the list like a week ago. I wnated to know > who is the youngest person on this list. I might be; I'm 15 and my b-day is > Sept 12. Let me know if any of you are younger. I am the youngest! Wheeee! It's true. Yay! Laura, the youngest groovy chick bwahahahah ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 16:26:14 -0500 From: Laura Helbling Message-ID: <377E7FF6.D6DAF266@connectria.com> Organization: no thank you Subject: TMBG: Re: Doot en doo doo. Jeremiah wrote: > Ahhhhhh! > > There's my thought for the day. > > Jeremiah > ~I wish I would have started my TMBG obsession when I was younger....~ me too!! I didn't get on until easter of 98, but I wish it was earlier. Hmmmmm Laura, the one who didn't really need to answer that post as everyone seems to have done it for her...... ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 22:26:59 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Doot en doo doo. Hmm...the title of the e-mail sounds kinda like Furbish...Jeremiah?!?! are you really an evil furby sent to infiltrate us?! I swear I didn't make my mom's furby stop talking! It happened all by itself! Don't hurt me! I swear I'll never try to corrupt another furby again! -Amber the Transcendent ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <5fb17291.24b0226d@aol.com> Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 22:35:25 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Doot en doo doo. In a message dated 99-07-03 22:29:36 EDT, Alterian@aol.com writes: > Hmm...the title of the e-mail sounds kinda like Furbish Huh... I was thinking the "chorus" of "Here Comes The Sun"... ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #19-4 *****************************