Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #20-11 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 20, Number 11 Wednesday, 11 August 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Promotional CD's TMBG: sdrawkcab? TMBG: w/dp Re: TMBG: Where is Spitting Contest?!? TMBG: Dream Re: TMBG: w/dp Re: TMBG: w/dp Re: TMBG: sdrawkcab? TMBG: Trade for c.d. of long tall weekend anyone?? TMBG: The Johns in HS TMBG: the alumni page Re: TMBG: the alumni page Non-TMBG: Moxy, Moxy & more Mox..well you get the point :) TMBG: um, hi? TMBG: Re: Sanity test Re: TMBG: the alumni page RE: NON-TMBG: the alumni page: AOL Re: Non-TMBG: Moxy, Moxy & more Mox..well you get the point :) Re: NON-TMBG: the alumni page: AOL TMBG: Non-Tmbg-BLAIR Witch Re: TMBG: the alumni page (fwd) Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg-BLAIR Witch Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <000901bee336$915ec980$66cbb0c2@default> From: "alanhooper" Subject: TMBG: Promotional CD's Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:45:10 +0100 I've only just heard a copy of LTW, but I did'nt have the software to listen to the MP3's. So I jumped at the chance when "Esprit International" CD Company had a Promotional Audio CD Version. Also the Had A CD Called "What we didi this summer" which track listing is 1. Dr. Evil (A full legnth Studio Version) 2. Your Not the boss of me now (the theme to Malcolm in the middle, which will debut in the fall (or so it sayes)) 3. Older (LTW) 4. Edith Head (LTW) 5. Cyclops Rock (A sample of their next Album) which I assume is the next album after LTW. Which sounds a lot better and more GIANT than any of the LTW songs. And the Malcolm in the Middle theme is a brilliant thirty second tune it could appear on an album. The lyrics are: Yes, no, maybe, I don't know Could you repeat the Question? Your not the boss of me now Your not the boss of me now Your not the boss of me now and your not so big Your not the boss of me now Your not the boss of me now Your not the boss of me now and your not so big Life is unfair I can give you the lyrics for Dr. Evil or Cyclops rock if any one wants. Alan ------------------------------ From: "Erik J. Chuss" Message-ID: <852567C9.004DB73F.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:08:16 -0400 Subject: TMBG: sdrawkcab? On Earth My Nina -- ... As many of you know, if you play this song backwards you get another song -- "Thunderbird." It's recognizable as the same song, but it definitely doesn't sound at all like the live version. It does, however, whet my appetite to hear that on the next studio album. -> Is this really true!? If so, does anyone know a MP3 player that will play backwards. I have Sonique but I don't believe it provides the capability to do this. TIA. Erik 'DOn't spend the rest of your life waaandering....' ------------------------------ From: filthyscarecrow@webtv.net Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:20:44 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: w/dp Message-ID: <17120-37B0434C-9706@postoffice-123.bryant.webtv.net> im sure some of us saw the last episode of mst3k. while it wasnt as funny as some other episodes with joel (hi keeba) or puma man, it did contain what may be the chlinching proof of a tmbghead among their ranks. one of them mentions rat patrol. rat patrol! now the question 'is rat patrol a commonly used phrase?' i discovered yesterday that 'twisting in the wind' isnt tmbgexclusive and that 'kiwi maddog 20/20' is a liquor and not random words, so im just not sure, man! does anyone know? "im looking for a place where everyone is different and strives to be different even if that means insulting other peoples differentness and being depressingly stupid." "where could there be a place like that?" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37B0477F.2410CCEE@fruhead.com> Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:38:39 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: Where is Spitting Contest?!? Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > hmmm, you know, as long as we're discussing running gags on the list, I > haven't seen the "Careless Santa" one in a while... :) And if we are talking about running TMBG gags, I'd think Monopuff is close enough and we can mention the Careless Santa thing. It's a long running joke. > actually, a scary thought about that is that it's now spread to many other > places where certain people spend their time online. #moxyfruvous comes to > mind, doesn't it, Chad? :) Check alt.music.moxy-fruvous today, Lawrence *Grin* - Chad ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:24:11 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Dream Message-ID: <19990810.132424.-909899.3.gray42@juno.com> I had another TMBG dream last night. Aside from the fact that I was several people, and pieces of my head were falling off, I was hanging out with John in John in what might have been an autum day in central park. They left a picture behind having to do with a receptionist and a pair of really big floating glasses. Then some really disturbing stuff happened having to do with evil computer artists, school pricipals on golf carts, trailing box cars of students, and a vacuum. When I ran into Linnell again with the news of what he left behind, he was at what seemed to be a control station, with the power to unleash a nuclear bomb, and just before he was about to press the button, we all stopped and started to laugh, like the evil doers we are. *sigh* what a GREAT dream Mysterio Gal (NIPPPLES!!!!!!!!!!) "His father wanted to build a platform, that rotated clockwise, to get the kid to look him in the eye!" --SIRMILLARDMULCH MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990810174953.4875.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: w/dp Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:49:53 PDT filthyscarecrow wrote: >im sure some of us saw the last episode of mst3k. while it wasnt as >funny as some other episodes with joel (hi keeba) or puma man, it did >contain what may be the chlinching proof of a tmbghead among their >ranks. one of them mentions rat patrol. rat patrol! now the question >'is >rat patrol a commonly used phrase?' I believe it was the name of an old television show. TMBG probably named the song after the show, and might have based the song on it, too (although I haven't ever seen the show, so I don't know for sure). -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:00:16 -0400 (EDT) From: Colleen Anne McClanahan Subject: Re: TMBG: w/dp Message-ID: Here's the info on "Rat Patrol", the TV show, from the Internet Movie Database: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0060018 Enjoy. Colleen Anne On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > filthyscarecrow wrote: > >im sure some of us saw the last episode of mst3k. while it wasnt as > >funny as some other episodes with joel (hi keeba) or puma man, it did > >contain what may be the chlinching proof of a tmbghead among their > >ranks. one of them mentions rat patrol. rat patrol! now the question >'is > >rat patrol a commonly used phrase?' > > I believe it was the name of an old television show. TMBG probably named > the song after the show, and might have based the song on it, too (although > I haven't ever seen the show, so I don't know for sure). > -- > Yours 'til my head falls off > Nathan > DinnerBell@tmbg.org > http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ > > > _______________________________________________________________ > Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002301bee35b$48026c40$1401010a@vsnet.com> From: "Chris Nuccitelli" Subject: Re: TMBG: sdrawkcab? Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:07:52 -0600 Don't know of any MP3 players off-hand that'll do it...but here's what I did: - use the "Disk Writer" WinAmp plugin (or something similar) to convert the MP3 to a WAV file - reverse it in a wave editor (the Sound Recorder that comes with Win9x seems to work fine) - then re-encode it.... (whew) ----- Original Message ----- From: Erik J. Chuss To: Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 1999 8:08 AM Subject: TMBG: sdrawkcab? > > > On Earth My Nina -- ... As many of you know, if you play this song backwards > you get another song -- > "Thunderbird." It's recognizable as the same song, but it definitely doesn't > sound at all like the live version. It does, however, whet my appetite to > hear that on the next studio album. > > -> Is this really true!? If so, does anyone know a MP3 player that will play > backwards. I have Sonique but I don't believe it provides the capability to do > this. TIA. > > Erik > 'DOn't spend the rest of your life waaandering....' > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37AE59E4.13E3@stlnet.com> Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 21:32:36 -0700 From: Pat Acquisto Subject: TMBG: Trade for c.d. of long tall weekend anyone?? About a month ago I couldn't make it to see the lovelight festival here in St. Louis that featured TMBG, because I already had tickets for Paul Simon and Bob Dylan so I had a guy I know videotape it. The camera ended up being very wobbly and sometimes would even leave the stage or be blocked by other peoples heads, he also only recorded the first 19 songs, but the sound is great and there are a few good close-ups and shots of the band. If anyone with the promotional c.d. for LTW or who has a c.d. burner and could record it would be interested I'll trade a video copy of this concert despite its shortcomings for it. If you're not interested in this, e-mail me because I have other things to trade and really want Long Tall Weekend, but my computer won't allow it. nick ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:57:41 EDT Subject: TMBG: The Johns in HS check out Their old high school's web page! http://lsrhs.net/ ------------------------------ From: "Bridget Therease" Subject: TMBG: the alumni page Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:01:09 -0700 Message-ID: <000601bee373$78bc40a0$d5c66ac6@tooms> huh! john l's email is listed there. but i'm not a freak, so i'm not going to email him. but just a quick note: aww, john uses aol? :( bridget "useless? yep!" guildner ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 17:03:27 -0400 (EDT) From: Colleen Anne McClanahan Subject: Re: TMBG: the alumni page Message-ID: Ok, to point out something obvious. Whoever emailed us telling us that Their high school's webpage was online was MrBean43@aol.com. That's the same address listed as John Linnell's email address. Either Mr. Linnell is on this list (hi! you're adorable!) or SOMEONE *cough* is being in imposter on the Lincoln-Sudbury high school's webpage alumni email list. Hmm... Colleen Anne On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Bridget Therease wrote: > huh! john l's email is listed there. but i'm not a freak, so i'm not going > to email him. > > but just a quick note: aww, john uses aol? :( > > bridget "useless? yep!" guildner > > ------------------------------ From: Carroll387@aol.com Message-ID: <701dabc1.24e20b55@aol.com> Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 19:10:13 EDT Subject: Non-TMBG: Moxy, Moxy & more Mox..well you get the point :) Hey there gang! Just got the new Moxy Fruvous album (Thornhill) to day. There are no silly ditties like "b.' It's just a rockin' CD! ....48mins and 24 seconds of pure pop/rock fun! And I like to add the Moxy will be having a show this Friday in NYC at the South Street Seaport. For more information regarding how to get there or about Moxy touring schedule log on to: www.fruvous.com This only applies to those who are going to be attending the 13th show in NYC ...... if one is having a terrible time getting a hold of this terrific audio CD gem then email me and I can (if they still in stock) can get you a copy of Moxy's new album, "Thornhill". It will cost 12 bucks a pop. Just let me know soon. Actually the dead line for this offer ends on 11th Wed night at 10pm. Okay, that's about it for me. See you later! ~Carroll387 ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 19:35:01 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37B0B725.9334CB20@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: um, hi? Okay, I'm new to this, and so on and so forth. Anyway, I went through every letter in here since about June 11, and have decided, that this will be an interesting adventure. All I'm really here for I think, is to find out new stuff about the John's. Stuff that my bf doesn't know, seeing as how he thinks he knows all. Talk to you all later. -A ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 19:31:31 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37B0B653.2C784454@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: Sanity test > --- Dan McGuire wrote: > > Ok everyone, here's the deal: take the test, write > > your full name and > > test score (to the third decimal) at the given space > > below, copy/paste > > this message and send it on to as many people > > possible including the > > person that sent it to you. I did it and so can you. > > > > http://www.msu.edu/user/loossean/erin/sanity.html > > > > This should give a little insight on you and your > > friends. > > (Add additional numbers as neccesary) > > > > 1. Tyler Hest 72.727% > > 2. Kris Smetana 50.90% (This thing is bullcrap.) > > 3. Jenny Reile 63.636% > > 4. Emily Tollefson 40% (I don't think that's > > right!) > > 5. Brooke Anderson (What a dumb test!) > > 6. Breann Clark 67.27% > > 7. Kris Hansen 58.182% > > 8. Andi Burnett 72.727% > > 9. Laura Carter 38.182% > > 10. Jordan Keith 36.363% > > 11. *Valerie Osterberg* 58.1818181818182% That's > > better than I > > expected $:) > > 12. Ryan Thompson -- 80 % hmmmmmm, figures I > > guess.. > > 13. Marie Strinden: 60% haha... > > 14. Dan McGuire -- 78.18181818181818182% You all > > think you're better than > > me, don't you!!!!! > > 15. Adam Gaya: 54.5454545454etc. Damn not as insane as i thought. > Who wants to hav a shoe war! 17. 76.3636363636364% WOOHOO!!! ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <99801b71.24e21a1c@aol.com> Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 20:13:16 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: the alumni page << but just a quick note: aww, john uses aol? :( >> Why is this such a disappointment (if it's even true, which I highly doubt)? AOL isn't *that* bad, and many listees are on it. Plus Linnell and Flans have each done a chat on aol and Flans even posted on the Spin Mono Puff board a couplla years back. I think he used the free aol disks to have an account for awhile, hehe Kay ------------------------------ From: "Bridget Therease" Subject: RE: NON-TMBG: the alumni page: AOL Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 17:22:00 -0700 Message-ID: <000801bee38f$876c4200$2ec66ac6@tooms> > << but just a quick note: aww, john uses aol? :( >> > > Why is this such a disappointment (if it's even true, which I > highly doubt)? > AOL isn't *that* bad, and many listees are on it. Plus Linnell and Flans > have each done a chat on aol and Flans even posted on the Spin Mono Puff > board a couplla years back. I think he used the free aol disks > to have an > account for awhile, hehe well, i guess i'm just being pissy because i'm highly annoyed by aol screwing with MSN's new messenger service. it's pretty annoying to get disconnected every ten minutes. ugh. besides, i hate that AOLIM has a bunch of ads on it and they plan to do the same damn thing to icq. GRR! bridget "needlessly annoyed" guildner ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.19990810202207.0095da20@130.127.28.14> Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 20:22:35 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Moxy, Moxy & more Mox..well you get the point :) I love Moxy dearly, and I rushed out to get the album today, but...was I the only one who felt kind of disappointed? I dunno, maybe I'll warm up to it... -Adam ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 21:10:39 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37B0CD8F.30033C15@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: the alumni page: AOL I think if Linnell is willingly giving out his e-mail address like that (which, by the way, I don't think he his) the he shouldn't be surprised or annoyed by the tons of e-mail that he's going to get. And if it's not Linnell, then whoever is being a dolt/impostor, SHOULD be hoarded with loads of e-mail. That's just my opinion. -A ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:15:06 EDT Subject: TMBG: Non-Tmbg-BLAIR Witch first off, how do i send mail to the Non-Tmbg part of this list? Has anyone out there seen blair witch yet? what did you think? I thought it was pretty good, but the ending was so lame. if anyone out there liked it, would you mind telling me what I missed? (seriously, i feel like i missed something) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:51:19 -0400 (EDT) From: Colleen Anne McClanahan Subject: Re: TMBG: the alumni page (fwd) Message-ID: I think this was supposed to go to the list. :) --CAM ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:09:04 EDT From: MrBean43@aol.com To: colleen@mik.uky.edu Subject: Re: TMBG: the alumni page Yo folks....for those of you that noticed, my e-mail address is listed as John Linnel's address on that lincoln sudbury high school page. well obviously, I am NOT john linnell. my friend actually found that page, registered "john Linnell" on that alumni page under the address of mrbean43@aol.com (which is MY address...). anyway, i never even saw that alumni page until AFTER i sent the link out to the page. so, imagine my suprise when i saw that John Linnell had the same e-mail address as me! wait a second....! I was pretty confused for a while until my friend explained the joke he played on to me. anyway, sorry about that. i hope you guys aren't mad or anything! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000b01bee3a4$41b6e700$5999e7ce@z0n4g0> From: "balloon" Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg-BLAIR Witch Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:50:21 -0400 Hey, you didn't get the ending? They heard josh's screams from in the house and when they went upstairs, realized they were coming from the cellar....so off they go for the cellar and *bam* it's lights out for mike...then heather sees mike in the corner (which is a scene that has stayed in my head since i saw it sunday)...and *bam* she's out too. Who done it and what happens after is left to your imagination. get back to me if you want to hear my theory on it. -Eric > first off, how do i send mail to the Non-Tmbg part of this list? > > Has anyone out there seen blair witch yet? what did you think? I thought it > was pretty good, but the ending was so lame. if anyone out there liked it, > would you mind telling me what I missed? (seriously, i feel like i missed > something) > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #20-11 ******************************