Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #20-16 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 20, Number 16 Monday, 16 August 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Food Re: TMBG: Food TMBG: Food Re: TMBG: Time 100 TMBG: DFB TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. TMBG: the sixth sense is a damn fine movie TMBG: sort of non-tmbg Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 01:02:01 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Food Message-ID: <19990815.010504.-797845.0.Garrett27@juno.com> From: Garrett M Liggett How about: Rocky Road Movie to Berlin Bread (ya know, Dead?) Someone Keeps Moving My Angel Chair Pasta My Evil Twinkie (I bet someone already got that and I'm just stupidly repeating it...sorry) Nacho Dinner Bell Grande Hall of Fish Heads If I Wasn't Pie (is that a repeat?) XTC vs Adam Chocolate Covered Ants About Meat Kiss Me, Son of Cod Why Must I Be Salad? The World's Addressing (for Why Must I Be Salad!) Santa's Beer (repeat?) I hope I didn't repeat any of those....later! Garrett Liggett ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990815125820.49244.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Food Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 05:58:20 PDT Garrett M Liggett wrote: >My Evil Twinkie (I bet someone already got that and I'm just stupidly >repeating it...sorry) What about mixing it Weird Al, and making it My Evil Twinkie-Wiener Sandwich? >Hall of Fish Heads Fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum. >If I Wasn't Pie (is that a repeat?) No, we've If I Wasn't Chai, and several types of pie, but this is the first mention of If I Wasn't Pie. >The World's Addressing (for Why Must I Be Salad!) >Santa's Beer (repeat?) Both of those last two are repeats. That's not really a problem, though. It proves that great minds think alike. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001201bee74f$a2d8c360$df16e1d8@tk421> From: "-=eRiCh=-" Subject: TMBG: Food Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 11:54:41 -0700 Certain Meatballs I could Flame I Flame You - more meat products Meaty Pinkness - The term used instead of 'rare' for steak One More Pancake - breakfast They Got Crust - the pie list title Sensurpound Cake - Desert Cider - it is our hero Wow... i think were running thin, I really felt like i was pushing it with some of those... -=eRiCh=- -=eRiCh=- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 15:37:17 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37B716ED.D56AB911@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: Time 100 You have far too much time on your hands and far too of an imaginative mind for your own good I think. -A Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > > Adrienne Spruill wrote: > >:o( But Flans is the best! I'm so mad that he's not on the list >anymore. > >Does anyone know for sure why he's been taken off? > > He and his fellow elves were involved in a conspiracy to conquer Time > Magazine, and turn it into a pro-faerie propaganda tool. > > >Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: > > > > > > >I don't think he's in the poll at all. He was removed because he > > > > >was > > > >too > > > >"whimsical," or something like that. > > > > > > Teehee. > > > > > > "Quirky musician John Flansburgh of the pop group They Might Be > > > >Giants > > > has been removed from the Time 100 because he is an elf." > -- > Yours 'til my head falls off > Nathan > DinnerBell@tmbg.org > http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ > > _______________________________________________________________ > Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 19:14:52 -0400 Subject: TMBG: DFB Message-ID: <19990815.191511.-238281.1.gray42@juno.com> Yay, I ordered Direct from Brooklyn over a month ago, and it finally came in :D !!!!!! Since I don't have all the comp bootleg tapes, I was overjoyed to finally see Dr. Worm, They'll need a crane, Hotel Detective (Lincoln!!!!!), and Ana NG (superb). Dr. Worm was great, the animation of linnell's head drifting out of a volcano reminded me of two things a) Bob Dobbs and 2) that skit of the Conan O' Brian show taking place in the mouth of that volcano. I also found it interesting that Flansy was a spider because every time I illustrate the song spider, I make flans into the spider, and I make Linnell a midget with an oversized flyswatter :P Anyway, as in Linnell girl, I thought Flansie was quite breathtaking in Purple Toupee *yay* Mysterio Gal (NIPPPLES!!!!!!!!!!) "His father wanted to build a platform, that rotated clockwise, to get the kid to look him in the eye!" --SIRMILLARDMULCH MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 20:01:32 -0400 Subject: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. Message-ID: <19990815.200137.-206667.0.presence76@juno.com> From: Adam Shoop Listen: Whew. I just went through all the mail this list has generated for the past couple weeks, because I've been so busy I haven't had time to read! Between music related activities (playing and listening), work (I'm the only 17-year-old I know putting in a 40 hrs/week sometimes more) at the grocery store, and Lorrie, a 'friend' who I love and like to spend lots of time with; she's a co-worker too! Anyway, I'm going to try and keep up with things a little better, so I can keep posting. Although it appears the last fews days have been nothing but TMBG Food :\ >Maybe listening to _Long Tall Weekend_ causes paralysis. I wouldn't know, since I don't have it >yet. My sister was staying at my father's for a couple of weeks recently, and brought home Long Tall Weekend on CD! My computer-idiot sister and dad figured out how to convert .mp3 to .wav, and .wav to audio! Not to mention they were nice enough to purchase the tracks! =) As you may or may not know, Juno is just free downloadable e-mail, this isn't an internet service provider, so I'm going to ask a favour - would one of you, if you already have it saved on your computer or something, send me the track-by-track analysis from TMBG's page? I remember reading when I was at my father's before I joined this list. Spoonerism@aol.com >When I was first introduced to TMBG (through Istanbul and Particle Man on Tiny Toons) and I >bought Flood, I was amazed to find how much I actually enjoyed Their voices. I find their voices very enjoyable, and suitable for the type of music that they play. They always have great vocal parts, and do really great harmonies that fit their music - I'm not sure I would want to hear the John's do, say, Judy Blue Eyes. Listen: Have any of you gotten the Dial-A-Song phone service to work recently? It's still fairly recent that I've gotten into TMBG, and the most recent # they keep advertising just keeps ringing and ringing, and they haven't gone back to the old one, because that number is out of use. ? Adam ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990816002645.90574.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Reverend Kristina K. Panos" Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 19:26:45 CDT Adam Shoop wrote: >Have any of you gotten the Dial-A-Song phone service to work >recently? >It's still fairly recent that I've gotten into TMBG, and the most >recent ># they keep advertising just keeps ringing and ringing, and they >haven't >gone back to the old one, because that number is out of use. ? The old one? Which one would that be? Kristina "Always free, always broken" Panos _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: filthyscarecrow@webtv.net Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 21:53:59 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: the sixth sense is a damn fine movie Message-ID: <637-37B77D47-26396@postoffice-123.bryant.webtv.net> i went to see the sixth sense and saw a trailer for fight club. i discovered that the dust brothers did the music for it. the dust brothers did snail dust, a remix of snail shell. an all you can eat dessert buffet called "how much cake can you eat?". "countless screaming tater tots"? ------------------------------ From: Moronwalk@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 00:12:54 EDT Subject: TMBG: sort of non-tmbg I saw an ad for an album by Mike Viola and the Candy Butchers..... I think I want to go get it. It sounds like an awesome idea. It makes me think of the six degrees of separation and how everything is related.... Fountains of Wayne The Candy Butchers Tom Hanks They Might Be Giants -Kimberly ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #20-16 ******************************