Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #20-17 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 20, Number 17 Tuesday, 17 August 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG on M2 TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ non TMBG: the volkswagen jetta ad song (revisited) TMBG: Insanity Test TMBG: Edith Head TMBG: Edith Head Re: TMBG: Edith Head TMBG: Food Re: TMBG: sort of non-tmbg Re: TMBG: Edith Head TMBG: More Food! TMBG: dial-a-song not working? Re: TMBG: sort of non-tmbg Re: TMBG: sort of non-tmbg Re: TMBG: dial-a-song not working? RE: TMBG: More Food Non-TMBG: eh? Re: TMBG: DFB Re: TMBG: sort of non-tmbg Re: TMBG: dial-a-song not working? Re: Non-TMBG: eh? Re: TMBG: DFB Re: TMBG: dial-a-song not working? Re: TMBG: dial-a-song not working? TMBG: thread collision: food & tmbg dreams... Re: TMBG: DFB aka Hotel Detective TMBG: Bob TMBG: NO Re: TMBG: TMBG on M2 TMBG: An update on Dial-A-Song Re: TMBG: Food Re: TMBG: DFB aka Hotel Detective Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 01:01:25 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37B7A935.1A4CC6C0@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: TMBG on M2 This is only a teensy note of very little import to anyone here, I'm sure: On M2, they always have the concert updates (or just info on bands) between videos and commercials, as many of you probably know. I just happened to have the TV tuned to M2, and lo and behold, TMBG was mentioned. They had about 3 screens about "Long Tall Weekend" and somehow refrained from calling the band "Quirky"... I'm sure they'll repeat this text, as it seems they tend to do that, but since I rarely watch, I really don't know... Bob "Just thought I'd let you all Listen!" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 03:15:00 -0400 (EDT) From: Majordomo Message-Id: <199908160715.DAA85632@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** This notice is posted twice a month to tmbg-list and tmbg-digest, as well as sent to all new users. Please read it if you have questions about the list. The TMBG mailing list is administered by Leo Bicknell . It provides a forum for discussing They Might Be Giants and Their music. 1) Unsubscribing from the list It is easy to unsubscribe from this mailing list. If you are subscribed to the regular, or "bounce" list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-list e-mail@address in the body of a message to . To unsubscribe from the tmbg-digest digested version of the list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-digest e-mail@address in the body of a message to . "e-mail@address" stands for the email address that is subscribed to the list. If you are sending the command from the email account that is subscribed, this part of the command is optional. If you have problems, send mail to . 2) Subscribing to the list Follow the instructions above for unsubscribing but send the word 'subscribe' rather than unsubscribe. :-) Keep in mind that tmbg-list will send you a copy of each message as it's written, which may be a lot. tmbg-digest will send you all the messages written in a day in the middle of the night. See http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/ for more information. 3) Sending messages to the list To send a message to the list just mail it to tmbg-list@tmbg.org and it will get sent out to everyone. Please don't mail any chain letters, make money fast schemes, "me too" messages, or anything else that doesn't contribute to the discussion about TMBG. IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT When you send a message to the list you are sending messages to hundreds of people. Make sure that your message is one that hundreds of people need to read. Do not send "me too" messages to the list. Do not send messages about non-tmbg topics to the list. Hold private conversations in private e-mail. Sending messages that the list administrator deems off topic will result in your being removed from the list. 4) The TMBG FAQ The They Might Be Giants Frequently Asked Questions list is a compilation of the most requested information about the Johns. It is maintained by John Relph . To get the latest copy of the FAQ, you can do any of the following things. First, it is available on the World Wide Web at: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ.html and, for a plaintext version: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ Second, it is posted regularly on the newsgroup alt.music.tmbg. Third, if you can't get to one of those places, you can mail me and I'll send you a copy. 5) The websites The unofficial web site, http://www.tmbg.org/ has all sorts of good TMBG information including information on this mailing list (http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/) as well as pointers to where you can read the list via news. You'll also find lyrics, chords, and interpretations for many of the songs. Also try out the Official TMBG Website at: http://www.tmbg.com/ As always, thank you for your mind. *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 04:40:30 EDT Subject: non TMBG: the volkswagen jetta ad song (revisited) this may be of interest only to a handful of people (oh like i'm taking precious time away from the food thread, give me a break )... but ya remember that ad for the vw jetta, with the coooool music that went along to the windshield wipers and stuff? well i was quite bored and hopped over to alt.tv.commercials tonight, and came across more stuff dealing with the song (i'd actually almost forgotten about)... you can now download not only the track (without the voices and stuff), but a couple remixes of it. here are the relevant url's... http://www3.vw.com/vwworld/jetta_music.htm http://www.mp3.com/artists/22/master_cylinder.html http://www.nebulae.com/mp3/JungRemix.mp3 have fun. i did. :) lala. sarah ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:23:05 +0000 Subject: TMBG: Insanity Test I've seen various messages about this but must have missed the orginal posting with the Insanity Test. Can someone email it to me please. Thanks Richard ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000001bee7e1$50496e00$06d1b0c2@default> From: "alanhooper" Subject: TMBG: Edith Head Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:16:40 +0100 Back again. Right! The weirdest thing happened yesterday afternoon. I was playing CD's for my Friend Jade when Edith Head came on (which isn't weird as I was listening to "What we did last summer" on CD), as I waited for the lyrics to start. It did'nt. I thought I'd somehow managed to get a Karioke Version. Any way we had to leave to see Austin Powers, so I took the CD to play on the way (Dr. Evil's the first track) and the song (Edith Head) played fine. It took a couple of days till I worked out what had happened. Edith head is recorded in a weird way. Piano's in one speaker with guitars. Drums in the middle and singing in the right. The right speaker had come loose at the back and I couldn't hear the singing. Try it, it's weird. What is Edith head about? My brother went to school with a girl called Edith Head who commited suicide in the bath. Is there any connection at all? E Y C ya AL ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001801bee7e2$4953b3c0$decbb0c2@default> From: "alanhooper" Subject: TMBG: Edith Head Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:24:27 +0100 I've had a message saying this wasn't recieved so if it has Sorry for sending the message twice Back again. Right! The weirdest thing happened yesterday afternoon. I was playing CD's for my Friend Jade when Edith Head came on (which isn't weird as I was listening to "What we did last summer" on CD), as I waited for the lyrics to start. It did'nt. I thought I'd somehow managed to get a Karioke Version. Any way we had to leave to see Austin Powers, so I took the CD to play on the way (Dr. Evil's the first track) and the song (Edith Head) played fine. It took a couple of days till I worked out what had happened. Edith head is recorded in a weird way. Piano's in one speaker with guitars. Drums in the middle and singing in the right. The right speaker had come loose at the back and I couldn't hear the singing. Try it, it's weird. What is Edith head about? My brother went to school with a girl called Edith Head who commited suicide in the bath. Is there any connection at all? E Y C ya AL ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199908161232.IAA29326@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: Re: TMBG: Edith Head Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 08:32:57 -0400 (EDT) > Back again. > > Right! The weirdest thing happened yesterday afternoon. I was playing > CD's for my Friend Jade when Edith Head came on (which isn't weird as I was > listening to "What we did last summer" on CD), as I waited for the lyrics to > start. It did'nt. I thought I'd somehow managed to get a Karioke Version. > Any way we had to leave to see Austin Powers, so I took the CD to play > on the way (Dr. Evil's the first track) and the song (Edith Head) played > fine. > It took a couple of days till I worked out what had happened. Edith > head is recorded in a weird way. Piano's in one speaker with guitars. > Drums in the middle and singing in the right. The right speaker had come > loose at the back and I couldn't hear the singing. Try it, it's weird. > > What is Edith head about? My brother went to school with a girl called > Edith Head who commited suicide in the bath. Is there any connection at > all? > The only information I could find on Edith Head came from www.edithhead.com. Apparently, she was one of the best costume designers in Hollywood with over 1,100 film credits. She was born in California in 1897 and died in 1984, but doesn't say anything about her being in England. So considering these facts, either your brother was born in the late 19th century, moved to California and worked in the film industry, or this Edith Head was an imposter! The only film credits I recognize in Edith's list was 1982's Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid which starred Steve Martin and some of the Alfred Hitchcock movies in the 50s and 60s. -Matt ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000b01bee7be$4dd41620$4bd7b0c2@default> From: "alanhooper" Subject: TMBG: Food Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 09:06:53 +0100 For this weekend only The Restaurant at the end of the tour has a special Vegetarian Event "Lentil Weekend" O.k. for people who arent getting involved I'm sorry for starting up this thread as this seems to be the majority of the mails, but for everyone else who is. Has anyone said Pizza Dirt Cheeses Angel Hotel Digestive (Cheese and) Oatmeal Digestive Put some ham inside the poppie bread Crazy AL Also has anyone else out there started up a TMBG Tribute band? I've started one and our first rehersal of Sensurround sounded great. C YA ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990816144539.31332.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: sort of non-tmbg Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 07:45:38 PDT Kimberly wrote: >It makes me think of the six degrees of separation and how everything >is >related.... > >Fountains of Wayne >The Candy Butchers >Tom Hanks >They Might Be Giants Pardon me for my ignorance, but what does Tom Hanks have to do with anything else in your list? -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990816145308.69553.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Edith Head Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 07:53:08 PDT Matt James wrote: > > What is Edith head about? My brother went to school with a > > girl >called > > Edith Head who commited suicide in the bath. Is there any > > >connection at all? > > >The only information I could find on Edith Head came from > >www.edithhead.com. >Apparently, she was one of the best costume designers in Hollywood >with >over >1,100 film credits. She was born in California in 1897 and died in >1984, >but doesn't >say anything about her being in England. So considering these facts, > >either your >brother was born in the late 19th century, moved to California and >worked >in the film industry, or this Edith Head was an imposter! Or maybe there was more than one person named Edith Head. According to Flans, the song is about a woman that he used to know, who starting thinking that she was someone else. Her actual mistaken identity was not Edith Head, but I guess Flans didn't want the song to be too close to what actually happened (possibly for legal reasons). -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <0F4FE960EF7BD211B27B00104B95BF0B1DA5C9@TDSCSERVER03> From: Amy Greenlese Subject: TMBG: More Food! Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:00:15 -0400 This thread reminds me of the big ol' trading card thread a year or so ago. Anyway, here are my contributions: S-E-eggs-eggs-Y Miscellaneous TREET (that's the stuff like SPAM) Night Corn of the Sullen Moon Narrow Your Rice Amy :) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 09:18:27 -0600 (MDT) From: FITZ RANDOLPH TIMOTHY VAIL Subject: TMBG: dial-a-song not working? Message-ID: someone else mentioned this as well, but what's the deal with dial-a-song? Every time i try to call it, it just rings and rings. i am dialing 718-387-6962, which i have confirmed from numerous websites, etc. is it just really busy or what? thanks, tim fitzrand@colorado.edu ------------------------------ From: Samman85@aol.com Message-ID: <54a7a0b3.24e98d5b@aol.com> Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:50:51 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: sort of non-tmbg <> I believe a better order would be connecting Tom Hanks with TMBG. Tom Hanks made the movie "That Thing You Do" with the title track performed by Fountains of Wayne. One of the Dans formerly was in Fountains of Wayne, I think. And if not, there's some vague link with the Candy Butchers. Can you tell I'm making this up as I go along? Sam ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199908161639.MAA01334@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: sort of non-tmbg Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:39:03 -0400 (EDT) > < anything > else in your list?>> > > I believe a better order would be connecting Tom Hanks with TMBG. > > Tom Hanks made the movie "That Thing You Do" with the title track performed > by Fountains of Wayne. > One of the Dans formerly was in Fountains of Wayne, I think. And if not, > there's some vague link with the Candy Butchers. > > Can you tell I'm making this up as I go along? > Wouldn't it be easier to connect Tom Hanks to the Candy Butchers since Mike Viola co-wrote and sang the song "That Thing You Do" with the Fountains of Wayne guy? Since the Candy Butchers opened for TMBG you could make the more direct Hanks-->Candy Butchers-->TMBG connection. -Matt ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <6f2b4b44.24e9912c@aol.com> Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:07:08 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: dial-a-song not working? In a message dated 8/16/99 11:20:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Timothy.Fitzrandolph@Colorado.EDU writes: << someone else mentioned this as well, but what's the deal with dial-a-song? Every time i try to call it, it just rings and rings. i am dialing 718-387-6962, which i have confirmed from numerous websites, etc. is it just really busy or what? >> It's down for some reason...I know Dial-A-Song is in the process of being transferred to the Web...if the plan is to eventually abandon the phone version of Dial-A-Song, I don't know. Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:47:46 -0400 From: Sarah Subject: RE: TMBG: More Food Message-id: <37B84EC0.F936A6D5@wmich.edu> Woo-Hoo! More food! How 'bout.... Cyclops Rocky Road Ice Cream (okay.. this HAD to be mentioned before...) Certain Pizza's I could Name Split Pea, soup of pod Pizza Dirt And some Mono Puff (or is it Cheese Puff?) Hillbilly Summer Grill Backstabbing Porkchop Don't Break the Tart oKay... I think that does it for my food contributions.... but you NEvER know! ~Sarah -- Currently in need of a new Theme Song..... http://www.angelfire.com/me/momerath ICQ# 41332779 AIM: MomeRath9 ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:58:12 -0400 From: Sarah Subject: Non-TMBG: eh? Message-id: <37B85133.5B25CDC6@wmich.edu> >Sorry. Your message could not be delivered to: > >shane gasteyer,Faculty (The name was not found at the remote site. Check >that the name has been entered correctly.) Anyone know what this means? It was sent to me when I posted to the list just now.... How odd. ~Sarah -- Currently in need of a new Theme Song..... http://www.angelfire.com/me/momerath ICQ# 41332779 AIM: MomeRath9 ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:58:01 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37B85129.B80C1FF8@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: DFB I have "Direct From Brooklyn," actually, it's my boyfriend's, I just stole it, ;o) Anyway, I can't get enough of it. I love it. "Dr. Worm" and "Ana NG" are probably my 2 favorites, with "Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head" in a close 3rd, Flans is just too damn cute in that one, but he's always a cutie. Of Course, being the bari sax player that I am, "(She Was A) Hotel Ditective" is stimulating. Ahh, I just thought I'd let you all know my views. :o) -A > Yay, I ordered Direct from Brooklyn over a month ago, and it finally came > in :D !!!!!! Since I don't have all the comp bootleg tapes, I was > overjoyed to finally see Dr. Worm, They'll need a crane, Hotel Detective > (Lincoln!!!!!), and Ana NG (superb). Dr. Worm was great, the animation > of linnell's head drifting out of a volcano reminded me of two things a) > Bob Dobbs and 2) that skit of the Conan O' Brian show taking place in the > mouth of that volcano. I also found it interesting that Flansy was a > spider because every time I illustrate the song spider, I make flans into > the spider, and I make Linnell a midget with an oversized flyswatter :P > Anyway, as in Linnell girl, I thought Flansie was quite breathtaking in > Purple Toupee > > *yay* > Mysterio Gal (NIPPPLES!!!!!!!!!!) > "His father wanted to build a platform, that rotated clockwise, to get > the kid to look him in the eye!" > --SIRMILLARDMULCH > MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 > gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com > http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project > Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 > > ___________________________________________________________________ > Get the Internet just the way you want it. > Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! > Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <2eb24e6b.24e99685@aol.com> Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:29:57 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: sort of non-tmbg In a message dated 99-08-16 12:27:47 EDT, you write: << Tom Hanks made the movie "That Thing You Do" with the title track performed by Fountains of Wayne. One of the Dans formerly was in Fountains of Wayne, I think. And if not, there's some vague link with the Candy Butchers. Can you tell I'm making this up as I go along? >> Well, the Candy Butchers link is that Mike Viola of the Candy Butcher (natch) sang the title track (uncredited, I might add). Kay ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: <3418366.24e99ef5@aol.com> Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:05:57 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: dial-a-song not working? In a message dated 8/16/99 9:50:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time, MuseKJ@aol.com writes: > It's down for some reason...I know Dial-A-Song is in the process of being > transferred to the Web. eeeeek >..if the plan is to eventually abandon the phone > version of Dial-A-Song, I don't know. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! *sniff* Awwwwww, rats! That would stink the big one.....I'm going to go crawl into a corner and grumble for a while. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 'Yah know people who say....JUST PLAY! Well, it's kinda like if we said....JUST CLAP!" JL ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:56:18 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37B85ED2.A89BAB05@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: eh? I get the same thing almost every time I send something to the group. I'll probably get it for this too. At least I'm not the only one I guess. -A Sarah wrote: > > >Sorry. Your message could not be delivered to: > > > >shane gasteyer,Faculty (The name was not found at the remote site. > Check > >that the name has been entered correctly.) > > Anyone know what this means? It was sent to me when I posted to the list > just now.... How odd. > > ~Sarah > > -- > Currently in need of a new Theme Song..... > http://www.angelfire.com/me/momerath > ICQ# 41332779 AIM: MomeRath9 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990816190135.84565.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Keem Bearlee" Subject: Re: TMBG: DFB Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:01:34 PDT >with "Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head" in a close 3rd, Flans is >just >too damn cute in that one, but he's always a cutie. IS HE EVER!!!!!!! I love how both the Johns lurch forwards and Flans puts his hand to his neck.... and then the pelvic thrust with extended index finger. I think that is my favorite video... or maybe tied with Ana Ng. ~~~~~~~ -KeembearLEE "There's no money above the fifth fret." http://jump.to/keembearlee ~~~~~~~ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:02:28 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: dial-a-song not working? In a message dated 8/16/99 2:40:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Kreadoubt@aol.com writes: << >..if the plan is to eventually abandon the phone > version of Dial-A-Song, I don't know. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! *sniff* Awwwwww, rats! That would stink the big one.....I'm going to go crawl into a corner and grumble for a while. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr >> Well, They may reconnect the Dial-A-Song phone line, and keep both the phone and Web versions....I just don't know. Karen J. Riley MuseKJ@aol.com "Paging Mr. Saxophone..." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990816200138.8297.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: dial-a-song not working? Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:01:37 PDT Karen Riley wrote: >In a message dated 8/16/99 11:20:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time, >Timothy.Fitzrandolph@Colorado.EDU writes: > ><< someone else mentioned this as well, but what's the deal with > >dial-a-song? > Every time i try to call it, it just rings and rings. > > i am dialing 718-387-6962, which i have confirmed from numerous > >websites, etc. is it just really busy or what? > >> >It's down for some reason...I know Dial-A-Song is in the process of >being >transferred to the Web...if the plan is to eventually abandon the >phone >version of Dial-A-Song, I don't know. I certainly hope not. While I have never called Dial-A-Song myself, I definitely think it should continue to exist. By getting rid of Dial-A-Song, the Johns would be abandoning Their roots, as well as alienating potential fans. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:35:50 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: thread collision: food & tmbg dreams... Message-ID: i had a dream this morning that prior to the start of TMBG, john linnell had started a band called the Linnell Omelettes, and they even got a write-up in a september 1983 back-issue of national geographic world (their kid's magazine -- is it still around? i used to read it religiously when i was small...) --jim kuemmerle, who wishes he could've clipped the photograph of linnell that accompanied the writeup and scanned it in for you guys to see, but hey, it only existed in my dream... (dammit! it's my turn to say dammit!) j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 8/17 -- GLADE at a cup of joe, 356 W 200 S, SLC, 8:30 pm. Free. ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:03:10 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: DFB aka Hotel Detective Message-ID: <19990816.171056.-3176497.0.gray42@juno.com> I love how in Hotel Detective you see the phone change into a revolver, a cigarrette turns into a noose, and a do not disturb sign changes into a bloody knife, it gets me VERY excited, and it reminds me of Clue. The Lincoln head is the best of all Mysterio Gal (NIPPPLES!!!!!!!!!!) "His father wanted to build a platform, that rotated clockwise, to get the kid to look him in the eye!" --SIRMILLARDMULCH MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: aknoleages@webtv.net (Dude_Menes) Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:05:16 -0700 (PDT) Subject: TMBG: Bob Message-ID: <13039-37B88B1C-13205@postoffice-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Bob, your fired. I had no other way to tell you. Tal to me Wensday. http://community.webtv.net/aknoleages/StonedWhywate http://members.tripod.com/~LetterboxEdition ------------------------------ From: aknoleages@webtv.net (Dude_Menes) Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:08:33 -0700 (PDT) Subject: TMBG: NO Message-ID: <13039-37B88BE1-13214@postoffice-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Me have bad spell xsgeze me spell. tank ou, ugg http://community.webtv.net/aknoleages/StonedWhywate http://members.tripod.com/~LetterboxEdition ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 18:59:43 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on M2 M2 is the greatest station. I saw a TMBG video on the other day. They played Istanbul following Taco playing "Putting on the Ritz" it took me a few minutes to realize the connection. I've seen so many Pixies videos on that station... -Amber the Transcendent ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 19:25:09 EDT Subject: TMBG: An update on Dial-A-Song Hello all: Earlier today I wrote TMBG Dot a short note, asking her if she happened to know what the "official word" was on the Dial-A-Song phone line problem, and she wrote back and told me that it is supposed to be functional, and that she is going to look into the problem. Karen J. Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 22:08:21 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Food Message-ID: <19990816.220822.3142.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" So I didn't think I would take part in this, but I think there's one that may have been left out... Snail Shell! Escargot! It's french, people! ever-sincere, eriKa, skulking back to her corner. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37B8D443.74E1328C@epix.net> Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 23:17:23 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: DFB aka Hotel Detective Personally, I think what I like the most about DFB is watching the Johns progressively get younger in each video. :o) -A gray42@juno.com wrote: > > I love how in Hotel Detective you see the phone change into a revolver, a > cigarrette turns into a noose, and a do not disturb sign changes into a > bloody knife, it gets me VERY excited, and it reminds me of Clue. The > Lincoln head is the best of all > > Mysterio Gal (NIPPPLES!!!!!!!!!!) > "His father wanted to build a platform, that rotated clockwise, to get > the kid to look him in the eye!" > --SIRMILLARDMULCH > MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 > gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com > http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project > Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 > > ___________________________________________________________________ > Get the Internet just the way you want it. > Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! > Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #20-17 ******************************