Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #20-20 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 20, Number 20 Friday, 20 August 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: How to order from the catalogue Re: TMBG: How to order from the catalogue Re: TMBG: Ordering information TMBG: TMBG in major newspaper thing. Re: TMBG: How to order from the catalogue TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. TMBG: non-TMBG : music and music Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. TMBG: Copies of Long Tall??? TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Re: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. RE: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. TMBG: Re: non-TMBG : music and music RE: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. RE: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. RE: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. RE: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Re: TMBG: non-TMBG : music and music Re: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. TMBG: mp3spy/shoutcast server Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:39:47 -0700 (PDT) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: TMBG: How to order from the catalogue Message-ID: On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org wrote: > > The food thread reminded me of one of my favourite threads from the past: Really? The food thread reminded *me* of the last time we had the food thread. > I'm trying to order some items from the TMBG catalogue. Should I make the > check out to TMB Productions, or what? Is there any information I have to > give them (aside from my name, address, and order, of course)? It should say on the catalogue whom to make the check out to. If memory serves, TMB Productions is correct. Good thing you asked about the information. It is a little-known fact that all orders from the TMBG catalogue must be accompanied by: 1. A list of your favourite TMBG songs, annotated and cross-referenced to all the great works of intergalactic literature (don't forget the complete ABBA oeuvre or Vogon poetry collections), 2. A squealing fan letter punctuated with no fewer than 1.4 exclamation points per line, 3. Your shoe size as measured in millifurloughs, and 4. A 10.000 mg sample of elemental tin. Failure to include all of the above will result in your order being delayed for 4 to 6 weeks while the Johns debate your worthiness to posess the merchandise you ordered. > I orderd one bumper sticker. ONE friggin' 2 dollar bumper sticker and it > took about a month and a half until I finally got the thing. A BUMPER > STICKER FOR GOD'S SAKE!! I don't quite understand why it takes so long. > Put the thing in an envelope and send it to me. SHEESH! No disrespect, > but it's not like they have a billion people ordering things. They > aren't THAT big of a band yet. Define "big". I'm member number 36000-and-some, and I joined some 5 years ago. There are indubitably many many more TMBG fans now than then. The only apparent employee at TMB Productions is Operator Dot. There's only so many hours in one day. Secondly, the relative size of the fanbase likely doesn't matter as much as you think. I follow another couple of bands, both with much smaller fanbases, and it takes *them* 4 to 6 weeks, too. Finally, the size of the order probably doesn't matter much at all. You have to a) figure out what the order is, b) cash the check, c) collect item(s) from, uh... the warehouse or something, I guess, d) pack item(s), and e) ship item(s). Steps c and d will take nearly the same amount of time regardless of how many items requested, and overall any order will take roughly the same amount of time regardless of where the bottleneck is. I'm not defending TMB Productions' glacial response rate (of all the bands I've mail-ordered from, they're the slow-turnaround champs), just challenging some of your assumptions. > Well, on their site it says everything takes 4 to 6 weeks. It IS a bit > extreme, but it's not like they don't give you warning... 4 to 6 weeks, while a geologic era in today's information-on-demand world, is actually pretty standard in mail order. Crack open any catalogue and look at the shipping details. --nicole twn *** "When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?"--They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org nicole@fruhead.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990819184834.46942.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: How to order from the catalogue Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:48:34 PDT Nicole Carlson wrote: >On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org wrote: > > > The food thread reminded me of one of my favourite threads from > > > >the past: > >Really? The food thread reminded *me* of the last time we had the >food >thread. Damn you old fogies! Always reminiscing about things that happened years before I was born (or before I joined the list, anyway, which is pretty much the same thing)! >Good thing you asked about the information. It is a little-known >fact >that all orders from the TMBG catalogue must be accompanied by: >3. Your shoe size as measured in millifurloughs Millifurloughs? Crap! I measured it in metric leagues. I was wondering, however, if orders required a member number. I assume I have one, since I get Info Club mailings, but I have no idea what it is. (It might be on the catalogues, but I don't have any of them handy at the moment.) -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:01:54 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37BC54A2.43D1FFEC@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: Ordering information What I meant by "not a big band yet" was that they dot have a lot of public notoriety. When anyone asks who my favorite band is and I say TMBG, they typical response is "who?" It's not like saying a band like, Barenaked Ladies, Dave Matthews etc. That what I meant. Personally, as much as I want then to be huge, I like the quaintness about them and the fans. It's like a family. -A HeYAnArChY@aol.com wrote: > > In a message dated 8/18/99 11:17:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, > spruilla@epix.net writes: > > << I orderd one bumper sticker. ONE friggin' 2 dollar bumper sticker and it > took about a month and a half until I finally got the thing. A BUMPER > STICKER FOR GOD'S SAKE!! I don't quite understand why it takes so long. > Put the thing in an envelope and send it to me. SHEESH! No disrespect, > but it's not like they have a billion people ordering things. They > aren't THAT big of a band yet. > -A >> > > Well, on their site it says everything takes 4 to 6 weeks. It IS a bit > extreme, but it's not like they don't give you warning... Also, the company > that runs it is probably very busy and pretty small. I just ordered the video > compilation and am eagerly awaiting. > ..But, what do you MEAN, aren't that big of a band YET? They've been > around for something like 14 years as TMBG, scary and ultimately saddening > as that is! I mean..I was barely alive when they officially got together and > I've missed out on a lot of quality TMBG obsessing time! :( > > -Lydia > "Blue MEANIES!" ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <18e044e9.24edc004@aol.com> Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:16:04 EDT Subject: TMBG: TMBG in major newspaper thing. Hey all. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution for today has the "Weekend At Home" section, which includes various video reviews. Among the reviews is one by a Ben Wener of the Orange County (CA) Register. It's primarily a review (and a scathing indictment) of the Best of U2 compilation, including some rather mocking comments about how seriously Bono used to take all of it... Then, at the end of the review.... "Thankfully, there's another video compilation just out to offset such gloominess. The clips of They Might Be Giants' "Direct From Brooklyn" (Restless, $14.95) couldn't be further from U2's black-and-white drama, but they've held up infinitely better, mostly because the act's two Johns (Linnell and Flansburgh) are clever at keeping things just off-kilter. That absurdity plays exceedingly well, from the goofy dance moves of "Birdhouse In Your Soul" to the zaniness of the delightful "Ana Ng" to the quirky (ahem, there's THAT word again -e0) gimmicks of recent material such as the irresistible "Doctor Worm."" Pretty damn positive, if I say so, especially if you read what this guy had to say about U2.. Emar. ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:31:56 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: How to order from the catalogue In a message dated 99-08-19 14:41:46 EDT, nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu writes: << Secondly, the relative size of the fanbase likely doesn't matter as much as you think. I follow another couple of bands, both with much smaller fanbases, and it takes *them* 4 to 6 weeks, too. >> No, no it doesn't. I ordered a t-shirt, a CD, and three stickers from the Decepticonz, a ska band out of Arlington, VA, in about April, 98. The check didn't clear until around... November of that year... and I got my actual product about a week before Christmas. That's a wait. (Although, there was a hand-written note from the guys in the band fervently apologizing for the wait. That was cool.) E0 ------------------------------ From: filthyscarecrow@webtv.net Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:21:42 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Message-ID: <7757-37BC7566-7326@postoffice-122.bryant.webtv.net> i would like everyone to know that i am sick of everyone. most of you act very childish at times, with all of your wanting attention by means of being different. when i first joined this list, i thought id found the perfect place. i was a hopeful newbie, and tmbg had made me realize just how much i disliked society. i thought that you all would act differently than the people in the real world, but, no, youre worse. i stopped reading the list. but, one lucky day i saw leons message about leaving and that inspired me to leave. so, im gone, and i hope that some of you might realize that what im talking about is real. if any of you do realize this, feel free to e-mail me. of course, anyone can e-mail me, too, but i dont expect much from that. xo dan ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:14:29 -0400 Subject: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. Message-ID: <19990819.181434.-140291.0.presence76@juno.com> From: Adam Shoop Listen: I'm fairly content and have a good attitude most of the time, then some nincompoop like dan gets me a little perturbed. >i would like everyone to know that i am sick of everyone. most of you act very childish at >times, with all of your wanting attention by means of being different. I don't see this point at all. The chances of finding a revolutionary, with something radical to say, on this list are very slim. I find everybody to be pretty much the same. I think everyone, but myself, contributed to the food thread which means there are obviously a large number of people, say the majority of list subscribers, that can share and enjoy each other's similar thoughts. >when i first joined this list, i thought id found the perfect place. i was a hopeful newbie, and >tmbg had made me realize just how much i disliked society. What does society have anything to do with this list? This list is almost completely seperated from the society you hate. What we have here really is a surreal community that isn't affected by reality with the exception of the real elements brought into discussion on the list. If it is THIS society you hate, this association of friends joined together by the music of They Might Be Giants, then go back to your reality. No one is holding you captive here. This is one element that you can seperate yourself from. I'm terribly sorry if you're having a tough time dealing with the real world, but really, you seem like just another pretentious jerk trying to be revolutionary yourself. >i stopped reading the list. but, one lucky day i saw leons message about leaving and that >inspired me to leave. so, im gone, and i hope that some of you might realize that what im talking >about is real. if any of you do realize this, feel free to e-mail me. of course, anyone can e-mail >me, too, but i dont expect much from that. Well that's great. The best thing to do when you dislike an aspect of your life is to fix/remove it. I'm not sure what you expected from this list. You describing it as "the perfect place" would suggest you were planning out of the real world and into here, which is a horrible fallacy, that only an ignoramus would believe. Don't forget that this community is just a They Might Be Giants discussion list, and compared to any serious element of reality, it's just for fun. I really can't understand why you would think this list would change anything. If you want things to change, you have to do it yourself. It's quite possible to do anything, but don't put it on the leaders and the parking meters. Don't expect me, or the subscribers of this list, or the Johns or Jesus Christ to come and do it for you. Other people cannot give you instructions for these things. I can't wake you up. You can wake you up. I can't cure you. You can cure you. EmarZero@aol.com writes: >The clips of They Might Be Giants' "Direct From Brooklyn" (Restless, $14.95) How many videos are on this, and do they ever get airtime on any of the music television stations? I remember my sister saying she's heard Dr. Worm before when I first started listening to They Might Be Giants, but I don't remember if that was from radio or TV. Nicole Carlson writes: >1. A list of your favourite TMBG songs, annotated and cross-referenced to all the great works >of intergalactic literature (don't forget the complete ABBA oeuvre or Vogonpoetry collections) Yeah, or the lyrics to Paul Anka's "Diana". I think that belongs in the "great works of intergalactic literature" category. >3. Your shoe size as measured in millifurloughs, Maybe you could help me out with some time of conversion factor. I wear a 10.5, but the best I could do was converting that to the 44.5 for Europe. >4. A 10.000 mg sample of elemental tin. Zeroes to the right of the decimal point are insignifcant digits, so don't bother putting them there to make it look more precise. Oh, and, how many kinds of "tin" did your parents tell you existed? =) Adam ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37BC8342.909882F7@fruhead.com> Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 17:20:50 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. Adam Shoop wrote: > >4. A 10.000 mg sample of elemental tin. > > Zeroes to the right of the decimal point are insignifcant digits, so > don't bother putting them there to make it look more precise. Oh, and, > how many kinds of "tin" did your parents tell you existed? =) Actually, aren't zeroes over there meant to mean that it IS that precise? I mean, how else do you say "Dear Sirs and Madames of the Scientific Community: I have indeed measured this sample of elemental tin with my wonderful tin mass measuring device that can identify the mass of elemental tin (Sn) accurately to 3 decimal places. I have determined that the correct mass for this elemental tin is in fact 10.000 mg". Can I not say that? Have we just found a gaping hole in scientific language that will enlargen and suck in the entire world to lawless chaos? Oh, and you forgot Careless Santa I think. - Chad ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:02:07 -0500 Subject: TMBG: non-TMBG : music and music Message-ID: <19990819.180310.13238.1.khurby@juno.com> From: mike ripley i have two questions here ... 1.) where do you find sheet music online? newer stuff, along the lines of ben folds five mostly. that was my only question, you can go home early. mike k ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 19:26:44 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. In a message dated 8/19/99 6:10:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, presence76@juno.com writes: << >4. A 10.000 mg sample of elemental tin. Zeroes to the right of the decimal point are insignifcant digits, so don't bother putting them there to make it look more precise. Oh, and, how many kinds of "tin" did your parents tell you existed? =) >> Twenty-three! Oh, what cruel people they were! They also told me there was no Easter bunny, and that the Johns were just a couple of normal, human, mortal guys from Massachusetts! But I didn't ever believe them one bit! We all know they're gods... Incidentally, from the planet Zarfnimbat, and you can only find that in my "Secrets of TMBG" conspiracy guide! That, and a large stock of elemental tin, are available in my warehouse for $20 per issue/ounce! Checks are payable c/o the Feed the John Linnell Foundation! (Which is copyright someone else!) By the by, I think that Dan guy was a bit of a contradiction-in-terms. What was all that about wanting attention by being different? I'm quite different, and I'm that way whether I get attention or not. In fact, one of the ONLY traits I have in common with anyone else is my borderline psychotic obsession with They Might Be Gorgeous.. I mean Gods--I mean Giants! Sorry about that *^_^* ~Lydia (DaShpidah@tmbg.org) P.S- Incidentally, I have a couple of pictures that I drew of John Linnell w/wo Flansy. They're not professional-quality or anything, but you can see them if you want, email me! :) ------------------------------ From: ElJackAsso@aol.com Message-ID: <4ceee2b2.24ee1fb7@aol.com> Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 23:04:23 EDT Subject: TMBG: Copies of Long Tall??? Sorry to bother everyone again with this, but I heard that there may have been people offering to burn copies of Long Tall Weekend for those unable to get it in any form. Does anyone have any info at all on this. I'm desperate and willing to pay!! Rob ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 23:38:40 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37BCCDC0.B2ADB325@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. good ridence, i say. i cant speak for everyone, but i'm here for the soul reason of learning new and interesting things about TMBG, not to judge people. -A filthyscarecrow@webtv.net wrote: > > i would like everyone to know that i am sick of everyone. most of you > act very childish at times, with all of your wanting attention by means > of being different. when i first joined this list, i thought id found > the perfect place. i was a hopeful newbie, and tmbg had made me realize > just how much i disliked society. i thought that you all would act > differently than the people in the real world, but, no, youre worse. i > stopped reading the list. but, one lucky day i saw leons message about > leaving and that inspired me to leave. so, im gone, and i hope that some > of you might realize that what im talking about is real. if any of you > do realize this, feel free to e-mail me. of course, anyone can e-mail > me, too, but i dont expect much from that. > > xo > dan > > > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990820034434.22202.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Reverend Kristina K. Panos" Subject: Re: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:44:34 CDT >> i would like everyone to know that i am sick of everyone. most of you >act very childish at times, with all of your wanting attention by means >of being different. when i first joined this list, i thought id found >the perfect place. i was a hopeful newbie, and tmbg had made me realize >just how much i disliked society. i thought that you all would act >differently than the people in the real world, but, no, youre worse. i >stopped reading the list. but, one lucky day i saw leons message about >leaving and that inspired me to leave. so, im gone, and i hope that some >of you might realize that what im talking about is real. if any of you >do realize this, feel free to e-mail me. of course, anyone can e-mail >me, too, but i dont expect much from that. > >xo >dan I have no respect or sympathy for those who do not know where the Shift key is. Feh! Kristina "Don't abandon good grammar, you fool!" Panos _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: "Bridget Therease" Subject: RE: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:02:01 -0700 Message-ID: <000401beeac0$c1a6b120$0fc76ac6@tooms> > >> i would like everyone to know that i am sick of everyone. most of you > >act very childish at times, with all of your wanting attention by means > >of being different. when i first joined this list, i thought id found > >the perfect place. i was a hopeful newbie, and tmbg had made me realize > >just how much i disliked society. i thought that you all would act > >differently than the people in the real world, but, no, youre worse. i > >stopped reading the list. but, one lucky day i saw leons message about > >leaving and that inspired me to leave. so, im gone, and i hope that some > >of you might realize that what im talking about is real. if any of you > >do realize this, feel free to e-mail me. of course, anyone can e-mail > >me, too, but i dont expect much from that. > > > >xo > >dan > > I have no respect or sympathy for those who do not know where the > Shift key > is. Feh! i think sarah (limezinger) is gonna kick your ass. :) bridget "bad grammar is far different from intentionally using lowercase letters!" guildner > Kristina "Don't abandon good grammar, you fool!" Panos > > > _______________________________________________________________ > Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com > ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 00:21:13 -0400 From: "Mark D. Beissel" Message-ID: <37BCD7B9.4801@ameritech.net> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: non-TMBG : music and music mike ripley wrote: > > i have two questions here ... > > 1.) where do you find sheet music online? newer stuff, along > the lines of ben folds five mostly. Well, there are some sites with chords, but if you want actual sheet music for BF5, try http://www.goldenfrog.com/jeffman/bff/. If you want an actual book, I think they're still selling some at www.benfoldsfive.com. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990820043013.18029.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Reverend Kristina K. Panos" Subject: RE: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 23:30:12 CDT >i think sarah (limezinger) is gonna kick your ass. :) Why, are you her sidekick? :P >bridget "bad grammar is far different from intentionally using lowercase >letters!" guildner Kristina "I would rather spend the time to hit the Shift key then to look like a fool by abandoning good grammar!" Panos _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: "Bridget Therease" Subject: RE: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:48:43 -0700 Message-ID: <000a01beeac7$47b09960$0fc76ac6@tooms> > >i think sarah (limezinger) is gonna kick your ass. :) > > Why, are you her sidekick? :P i wish! she's so cool! :) bridget "i sense another pirate thread coming on..." guildner -you must not listen to much radiohead! > >bridget "bad grammar is far different from intentionally using lowercase > >letters!" guildner > > Kristina "I would rather spend the time to hit the Shift key then to look > like a fool by abandoning good grammar!" Panos > > > > _______________________________________________________________ > Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990820044419.39519.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:44:18 PDT Adam Shoop wrote: > EmarZero@aol.com writes: > >The clips of They Might Be Giants' "Direct From Brooklyn" > >(Restless, >$14.95) > >How many videos are on this, and do they ever get airtime on any of >the >music television stations? There are twelve official TMBG videos ("Dr. Worm," "Snail Shell," "The Guitar," "The Statue Got Me High," "Istanbul," "Birdhouse In Your Soul," "They'll Need A Crane," "Purple Toupee," "Ana Ng," "Hotel Detective," "Don't Let's Start," and "Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head"), as well as the two Tiny Toons videos ("Particle Man" and "Istanbul"). I think most of these videos were played on MTV at some time or other, but not recently. >I remember my sister saying she's heard Dr. >Worm before when I first started listening to They Might Be Giants, >but I >don't remember if that was from radio or TV. Well, it wasn't on MTV, since they rejected the "Dr. Worm" video. I think the video might have been available on The Box, but it's probably more likely that she heard the song on the radio. Nathan _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990820044724.58634.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: RE: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:47:24 PDT Bridget Therease wrote: > > I have no respect or sympathy for those who do not know where the > > Shift key is. Feh! > >i think sarah (limezinger) is gonna kick your ass. :) > >bridget "bad grammar is far different from intentionally using >lowercase >letters!" guildner Allow me to demonstrate. this is intentionally using lowercase letters. These here is ungood grammer. these be a combination of them 2 thingies. This is your brain on drugs. Any questions? Nathan, who is in a silly mood, and also has a stomach-ache _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990820045000.80174.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: RE: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:49:59 PDT Bridget Therease wrote: > > >i think sarah (limezinger) is gonna kick your ass. :) > > > > Why, are you her sidekick? :P Yeah, so watch out, or she'll kick your side. >i wish! she's so cool! :) > >bridget "i sense another pirate thread coming on..." guildner Arr, matey! Ye'd better be puttin' that thought out of yer head, or I'll have ye walk the plank! Arr! Nathan _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 00:58:11 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: non-TMBG : music and music Message-ID: <19990820.005813.9790.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" >1.) where do you find sheet music online? newer stuff, along > the lines of ben folds five mostly. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Don't be silly. Seriously. BF5 stuff will probably be difficult to find, and even more difficult to find some that is really actually *accurate.* You can always place an order for the Whatever and Ever Amen music book and be put on the waiting list for a few decades. ever-sincere, eriKa, um, you need a sand bag with those pants. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 01:04:41 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Message-ID: <19990820.010450.9790.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" >i think sarah (limezinger) is gonna kick your ass. :) >Why, are you her sidekick? :P Well, who isn't? I know I sure am. Holy Kraft Dinner, Lime Zinger! >bridget "i sense another pirate thread coming on..." guildner AR! (and with that, sixteen more people add me to their hate list.) ever-sincere, eriKa, argh! dammit! pirates! a vein in my forehead just burst with the mere idea of it! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990820011901.0091f2b0@pop.prism.gatech.edu> Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 01:22:35 -0400 From: the hanged man Subject: TMBG: mp3spy/shoutcast server Hey Guys... Don't post here much, but I've been reading the list for a while. I just set up a SHOUTcast server on mp3Spy exclusively TMBG. Its a pretty good playlist too. Right now I'm running a 128Kbps connection, so its only good for high speed connections. What do you think? I think its pretty cool... should I change the connection speed? Ciao, the hanged man ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #20-20 ******************************