Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #20-21 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 20, Number 21 Saturday, 21 August 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. RE: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. TMBG: The Fan Club TMBG: LTW burns TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. TMBG: Nostalgia Show Re: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Re: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. RE: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. RE: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. RE: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. RE: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. TMBG: Re: An Eerie Feeling Today Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. TMBG: Re: i can wait i can wait Re: TMBG: Re: i can wait i can wait Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. TMBG: brave new world TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. TMBG: direct from brooklyn and (off-topic) ben folds five Re: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Re: TMBG: direct from brooklyn and (off-topic) ben folds five TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Re: TMBG: direct from brooklyn and (off-topic) ben folds five Re: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 02:07:09 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37BCFE9D.C92D008E@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Adrienne Spruill wrote: > good ridence, i say. i cant speak for everyone, but i'm here for the > soul reason of learning new and interesting things about TMBG, not to > judge people. > -A That's a rather a judgemental thing to say... Bob "Because NO ONE else on this list judges anyone!" Scott ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:04:22 EDT Subject: Re: RE: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. In a message dated 8/19/99 10:57:59 PM, tooms@proaxis.com writes: >i think sarah (limezinger) is gonna kick your ass. :) by far, the coolest sentence read on here in a while. :) >bridget "bad grammar is far different from intentionally using lowercase > >letters!" guildner you tell 'em! arr! (uh oh, did i just start up the pirate thing again? ...arr!) sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000201beeae3$35521480$c9d2b0c2@default> From: "alanhooper" Subject: TMBG: The Fan Club Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:50:43 +0100 Well if there's a lot of moaning about the official fan club. I'll say my bit. I tried to join th club about september 98 through the internet. I heard nothing, the I tried to join again two months ago and still nothing. I understand they might not want to send me anything as I'm in England, but they could at least email me to say this. Then I could pay towards postage. What can I do? If there's any advice please let me know. Also when STD was launched TMBG did a couple of gigs in London, but I couldn't get to either of them. Are the coming to England again? AL ------------------------------ From: "Erik J. Chuss" Message-ID: <852567D3.004CB5ED.00@notes949.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 09:57:42 -0400 Subject: TMBG: LTW burns >From: ElJackAsso@aol.com >Subject: TMBG: Copies of Long Tall??? > >Sorry to bother everyone again with this, but I heard that there may have >been people offering to burn copies of Long Tall Weekend for those unable to >get it in any form. Does anyone have any info at all on this. I'm desperate >and willing to pay!! > >Rob Jish (jish@cmu.edu) from this list said he would burn CDs of LTW but I had a request in for a copy for a few weeks now and haven't heard anything. I asked him for a status on the CD a week ago and haven't heard anything. It is vacation time so he may be tied up on a beach somewhere (damn pirates!). Oh yeah, I almost forgot "Careless Santa"! :-) Erik "In my prison cell I bide my time Always thinking Always busy cooking up an angle Working on the tiny blueprint of the angle Sketching out the burning autumn leaves" - B's AOL ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:13:37 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37BD6291.C5304DAC@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. blah blah blah blah blah...what does this have to do with TMBG? > That's a rather a judgemental thing to say... > > Bob "Because NO ONE else on this list judges anyone!" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:49:25 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Message-ID: <19990820.105457.9726.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" >blah blah blah blah blah...what does this have to do with TMBG? wah wah wah, what does this? ever-sincere, eriKa, ooh! let's start another flame war! they're deee-licious! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-Id: From: "Steel, W Lee" Subject: TMBG: Nostalgia Show Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:54:54 -0400 Anyone out there with a cdrom burner have a copy of the 2/22/97 nostalgia show on CD that they would be willing to trade with me? Lee Steel Pfizer Engineering x23660 pager: (800) 760-6206 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990820154709.26526.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:47:08 PDT Bob Scott wrote: >Adrienne Spruill wrote: > > > good ridence, i say. i cant speak for everyone, but i'm here for > > the > > soul reason of learning new and interesting things about TMBG, not > > >to > > judge people. > > -A > >That's a rather a judgemental thing to say... Hey! Quit judging her, you lousy judge! -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990820154857.68278.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:48:56 PDT Adrienne Spruill wrote: >blah blah blah blah blah...what does this have to do with TMBG? Uh...What DOESN'T it have to do with TMBG? > > That's a rather a judgemental thing to say... > > > > Bob "Because NO ONE else on this list judges anyone!" Scott -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 13:01:18 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37BD97EE.605F4658@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: > >blah blah blah blah blah...what does this have to do with TMBG? > > wah wah wah, what does this? > > ever-sincere, > eriKa, > ooh! let's start another flame war! they're deee-licious! Let's all go to the kitchen and have ourselves a snack! Bob "Purveyor of cheesy combustibles" Scott ------------------------------ From: "Bridget Therease" Subject: RE: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:23:30 -0700 Message-ID: <000001beeb39$1aa2e960$66c66ac6@tooms> > > >blah blah blah blah blah...what does this have to do with TMBG? > > > > wah wah wah, what does this? > > > > ever-sincere, > > eriKa, > > ooh! let's start another flame war! they're deee-licious! > > Let's all go to the kitchen and have ourselves a snack! > > Bob "Purveyor of cheesy combustibles" Scott but what the hell does this have to do with tmbg?! wah! i should just quit this damn list. bridget "now all the newbies think it's RIGHT to be goddamn policemen! DAMN YOU!" guildner bridgie t. "i was a nice girl," she pleaded, "wasn't i?" http://www.proaxis.com/~tooms/ celestia@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990820184418.5775.rocketmail@web109.yahoomail.com> Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:44:18 -0700 (PDT) From: "A. Gaya" Subject: RE: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. > >bridget "i sense another pirate thread coming > on..." guildner > > Arr, matey! Ye'd better be puttin' that thought out > of yer head, or I'll > have ye walk the plank! Arr! > > Nathan But Captain you forgot we don't have a plank. The budget cuts remember? -Adam "Apologizes for the sanity test thingy must have accidentally hit the little tmbg list button in my address book by mistake." Gaya __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990820184613.65480.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: RE: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:46:12 PDT Bridget Therease wrote: > > > >blah blah blah blah blah...what does this have to do with TMBG? > > > > > > wah wah wah, what does this? > > > > > > ever-sincere, > > > eriKa, > > > ooh! let's start another flame war! they're deee-licious! > > > > Let's all go to the kitchen and have ourselves a snack! > > > > Bob "Purveyor of cheesy combustibles" Scott > >but what the hell does this have to do with tmbg?! wah! As much as this does. >bridget "now all the newbies think it's RIGHT to be goddamn >policemen! >DAMN YOU!" guildner Policemen have actual authority and power. The only person here who has anything close to the power of a policeman is Leo. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990820185013.14586.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: RE: TMBG: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:50:13 PDT Adam Gaya wrote: > > >bridget "i sense another pirate thread coming > > on..." guildner > > > > Arr, matey! Ye'd better be puttin' that thought out > > of yer head, or I'll > > have ye walk the plank! Arr! > > > > Nathan > But Captain you forgot we don't have a plank. The budget cuts >remember? Arr...crap. >-Adam "Apologizes for the sanity test thingy must have accidentally >hit >the little tmbg list button in my address book by mistake." Gaya Yes, I should think it's pretty obvious that the people on this list lack sanity. We don't need any friggin' test to prove it. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ Now playing: Tori Amos, Boys For Pele _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <4dc78ce5.24eeff3a@aol.com> Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:58:02 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: An Eerie Feeling Today Hello everyone, For the past few days, I keep hearing the word "Istanbul" mentioned on the television...my first knee-jerk reaction at the city's mention has been "TMBG?" But of course, as I'm sure many of you are all aware by now, it's about that absolutely horrific earthquake that's occurred in Turkey (my husband was stationed near Adana, Turkey, and visited Istanbul while he was in the Air Force, so it hits a bit closer to home for him). I can't help but wonder what the Johns think of what's happened. They must be feeling something, I'm sure. I'm going to be sending a donation to the Red Cross ~ ~ if anybody else on here is interested in doing the same (you could put the donation in the Johns' name, if you want to), here are some places you could contact: The Red Cross: www.redcross.org phone: 1-800-HELP-NOW Mercy International USA: www.mercy.org phone: 1-800-55MERCY International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies: www.ifrc.org United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs: www.reliefweb.int/ocha_ol/onlinehp.html Karen J. Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <057b01beeb47$d4781f00$3cdefea9@hostname.bu.edu> From: "Weissman" Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 16:08:53 -0400 -----Original Message----- From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Thursday, August 19, 1999 7:29 PM Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. >In a message dated 8/19/99 6:10:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, >presence76@juno.com writes: > ><< >4. A 10.000 mg sample of elemental tin. > > Zeroes to the right of the decimal point are insignifcant digits, so > don't bother putting them there to make it look more precise. Oh, and, > how many kinds of "tin" did your parents tell you existed? =) >> > Actually, zeroes to the right of the decimal point are significant. If you just say 10. then that means you only know your accuracy within 1 mg, I believe. 10. could mean 10.4 or even 9.6. However. If you know that you have 10.000 mg this is much more accurate. All the zeroes before the last one are significant, I believe. I think you are confusing the right of the decimal rule with the rule that says if you just say 2000 with no decimal point, then none of the zeroes are significant. But if you say 2000. they are. Either way it's confusing and that's why one should use scientific notation and write 2.000 * 10^3. Anyway, for all of you who think this has absolutely nothing to do with TMBG, you are dead wrong, for I know that the Johns are sticklers for significant figures. Sarah "THIS IS WHY I TOOK AP CHEM IN HIGHSCHOOL." Weissman There were 8.70000 * 10^1 advil in the bottle now there's 3.0000 * 10^1 left... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990820210328.7238.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Reverend Kristina K. Panos" Subject: TMBG: Re: i can wait i can wait Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 16:03:27 CDT >you forgot that i dont use apostrophies (nor can i spell apostrophies) >and that i dont capitalize the lone letter i. i type in all lower case >coz ive got a quiet voice, and this suits me. i dont capitalize the >letter i coz people think that they are more important than anyone else, >and this suits me. as for apostrophies, well, you can tell what word i >mean without them, right? > >dont lets start I fold. Kristina "Blarg!" Panos _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990820213018.75354.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: i can wait i can wait Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:30:17 PDT reverendkristinakpanoswrote >>you forgot that i dont use apostrophies (nor can i spell apostrophies) >>and that i dont capitalize the lone letter i. i type in all lower case >>coz ive got a quiet voice, and this suits me. i dont capitalize the >>letter i coz people think that they are more important than anyone else, >>and this suits me. as for apostrophies, well, you can tell what word i >>mean without them, right? >> >>dont lets start > >I fold. yeahwellidontuseanycapitallettersoranypunctuationorputanyspacesbetweenmywordssothere -- yourstilmyheadfallsoffnathandinnerbellattmbgdotorghttpcolonslashslashwwwdotgeocitiesdotcomslasharea51slashcorridorslash5447slash _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001701beeb5a$8465ca40$9a930fce@oemcomputer> From: "Manuel Goncalues" Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 18:22:37 -0400 I could hug you right now...I thought I was the only one in the world that demanded accuracy. ----- Original Message ----- From: Weissman To: Sent: Friday, August 20, 1999 4:08 PM Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. > > -----Original Message----- > From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Date: Thursday, August 19, 1999 7:29 PM > Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. > > > >In a message dated 8/19/99 6:10:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, > >presence76@juno.com writes: > > > ><< >4. A 10.000 mg sample of elemental tin. > > > > Zeroes to the right of the decimal point are insignifcant digits, so > > don't bother putting them there to make it look more precise. Oh, and, > > how many kinds of "tin" did your parents tell you existed? =) >> > > > > Actually, zeroes to the right of the decimal point are significant. If you > just say 10. then that means you only know your accuracy within 1 mg, I > believe. 10. could mean 10.4 or even 9.6. However. If you know that you > have 10.000 mg this is much more accurate. All the zeroes before the last > one are significant, I believe. I think you are confusing the right of the > decimal rule with the rule that says if you just say 2000 with no decimal > point, then none of the zeroes are significant. But if you say 2000. they > are. Either way it's confusing and that's why one should use scientific > notation and write 2.000 * 10^3. > > Anyway, for all of you who think this has absolutely nothing to do with > TMBG, you are dead wrong, for I know that the Johns are sticklers for > significant figures. > > Sarah "THIS IS WHY I TOOK AP CHEM IN HIGHSCHOOL." Weissman > > There were 8.70000 * 10^1 advil in the bottle now there's 3.0000 * 10^1 > left... > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990821001935.59235.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Keem Bearlee" Subject: TMBG: brave new world Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:19:35 PDT During the Dan vs. Cog episode, they should have played "Become A Robot" because part of the show was about adding robotics to humans. Fitting. And last night I was thinking of "My Evil Twin". During the show I kept thinking of the TMBGities. They said "twin" and "embryo" (Mammal). ~~~~~~~ -KeembearLEE "There's no money above the fifth fret." http://jump.to/keembearlee ~~~~~~~ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 20:48:29 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Message-ID: <19990820.204831.9542.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" bridgie t.: >but what the hell does this have to do with tmbg?! wah! this is *so* off topic! shut up! >i should just quit this damn list. you pretentious jerk! this isn't society! shut up! nathan mulac: >Uh...What DOESN'T it have to do with TMBG? you're such a peacekeeper, nathan. plus you have the coolest name on the list. you're my new hero. ^__^ adam gaya: > But Captain you forgot we don't have a plank. The budget cuts >remember? ar. we have a popsicle stick now. it does speed things up, however. ever-sincere, eriKa, times shift key hit: fifteen. hooray! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990821025536.62475.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Crystal Cooper" Subject: TMBG: direct from brooklyn and (off-topic) ben folds five Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 19:55:33 PDT i got direct from brooklyn yesterday. i ordered it back in may but cdnow screwed up, and they had to send me a second copy because i never got the first. so it's taken me almost 3 months to actually get it. good ol' cdnow, have to love their efficiency. i thought it was pretty good and, well, eye-opening. i did not know about linnell's hairstyle back in the apollo 18 days. i like his shorter hair far better. my sister walked into the room while i was watching it and said, "oh my god, is that the serial killer from con air?" i assured her that it was actually john linnell but the resemblance was startling. she sat down after that and proceeded to laugh every time linnell came on screen. she got a lot of laughs out of it, since linnell was on the screen an awful lot. my personal favourites were the 'birdhouse in your soul' clip and also the one for 'puppet head'. 'don't let's start' was pretty cool too. and i loved linnell's dancing in 'they'll need a crane'. on another note, i saw ben folds five (my favourite band! yay!) in concert last tuesday. i got ben, darren and robert to sign my "whatever and ever amen" vinyl record box after the show. they're so cool. especially robert, who told my non-fan sister that her hair looked nice, and she thinks robert's pretty cool now. and darren's groovy too, because he threw his drumstick in the air during the show and he missed it when he tried to catch it again. he gave the crowd a big sheepish grin, a sort of "i hope no one noticed that" look. however, i think every single person in the hall noticed because everyone cracked up laughing, and darren just kept grinning. it was so cute! Crystal ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ "it takes a lot to make me crazy and a lot is always going on" - built to spill e-mail me: DrPyser@tmbg.org My webpage, featuring Ben Folds Five and They Might Be Giants: http://fly.to/drpyser ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990821025601.58331.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 19:56:01 PDT eriKa rae wrote: >bridgie t.: > >but what the hell does this have to do with tmbg?! wah! > >this is *so* off topic! shut up! And what do those two John guys that people are always talking about have to do with TMBG? >nathan mulac: > >Uh...What DOESN'T it have to do with TMBG? > >you're such a peacekeeper, nathan. plus you have the coolest name on >the >list. you're my new hero. ^__^ Hooray! I'm a hero! Wait a minute. Does that mean I have to do anything? -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Message-ID: <4c6c1c1.24ef7036@aol.com> Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 23:00:06 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: direct from brooklyn and (off-topic) ben folds five In a message dated 8/20/99 10:56:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, crystal_bf5@hotmail.com writes: << my sister walked into the room while i was watching it and said, "oh my god, is that the serial killer from con air?" i assured her that it was actually john linnell but the resemblance was startling. >> NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. I will NEVER understand why Linnell is compared with Steve Buscemi. I dont see ANY resemblance. I dont know why it offends me so much, I love John and Steve, they just look NOTHING alike! GRRRR I SAY! Oh, um, Cool, Direct From Brooklyn rules...Im suprised you didnt know about Linnell's hair. Dont you own Russ Josephson's video bootlegs? How could a TMBG fan NOT have these friggin things... http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158/tmbg.htm Jordan ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 23:18:04 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Message-ID: <19990820.231808.2974.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" my hero nathan: >And what do those two John guys that people are always talking about have to >do with TMBG? what the hell does this "tmbg" crap have to do with anything?! shut up! >Hooray! I'm a hero! Wait a minute. Does that mean I have to do anything? you have to commit yourself to leffelism and sign over all your possessions for the judgement day in six and a half weeks. and be my friend. ^__^ ever-sincere, eriKa, it's like a cult, only fun! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 23:15:39 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: direct from brooklyn and (off-topic) ben folds five Message-ID: <19990820.231807.2974.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" crystal, the good twin: >my personal favourites were the 'birdhouse in your soul' clip and also the >one for 'puppet head'. 'don't let's start' was pretty cool too. and i loved >linnell's dancing in 'they'll need a crane'. he dances in, like, all the videos! it's so great! he's so cute! it's really fun to do some of those in public. like the ana-ng-hopping-thing through disney world. i was just watching dfb just now, actually. i was wondering, has anyone seen linnell play that sax he has in the guitar video in concert? because that's really weird, i've never seen one with the top all straight like that. >my sister walked into the room while i was watching it and said, "oh >my god, is that the serial killer from con air?" john malkovich is in con air. ^__^ >i got ben, darren and robert to sign my "whatever and ever >amen" vinyl record box after the show. they're so cool. oooh. i am *so* jealous. i just got to meet ben. are you australian? i bet they like them more since ben's wife is australian... it's a conspiracy! bwa! ever-sincere, eriKa, no more singing gap ads, please, for the love of mike! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990821033207.25987.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 20:32:06 PDT eriKa rae wrote: >my hero nathan: > >And what do those two John guys that people are always talking > >about >have to do with TMBG? > >what the hell does this "tmbg" crap have to do with anything?! shut >up! Yeah! Everyone knows this list is for messages about spaghetti and meatballs! Only some of those food thread posts have even come close to being on on-topic. > >Hooray! I'm a hero! Wait a minute. Does that mean I have to do > >anything? > >you have to commit yourself to leffelism and sign over all your >possessions for the judgement day in six and a half weeks. and be my >friend. ^__^ Sounds good. Do I get any free prizes? And do I have to sign them over, too? -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #20-21 ******************************