Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #20-25 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 20, Number 25 Wednesday, 25 August 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: LA show Re: TMBG: Linnell hair (was DFB aka Hotel Detective) Re: TMBG: Dream! TMBG: Bdays. Re: TMBG: Flans on Court TV TMBG: CourtTV appearance (none) Re: TMBG: Reminder: JOHN FLANSBURGH ON COURT TV TONIGHT TMBG: That Lava thing... Re: TMBG: That Lava thing... Re: TMBG: That Lava thing... Non-TMBG: Neil Diamond TMBG: Flans on CourtTV TMBG: TMBG on the radio TMBG: Re: Oregon show TMBG: Re: Oregon show TMBG: Re: TMBG on the radio TMBG: FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TMBG: sensurround Re: TMBG: sensurround Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 23:42:34 -0700 (PDT) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: TMBG: LA show Message-ID: On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org wrote: > > > Finally, for all of us California fans who are so often left to dream of > > > the event. Harumph. "All of us California fans", indeed. Typical Southern California "nothing north of Fresno exists" thinking. *grumble* *grumble* *grouse* Guess I'll have to console myself with Weird Al at the State Fair tomorrow. But a Northern California date had just BETTER appear on that tour list SOON. > Somethingorotherwiththeword"gold"init (Goldwasser? I don't know.). No > kids.> Goldwasser is indeed correct. She's also Sister Puff (not Lady Puff, that's someone else) in Mono Puff and the lead vocalist on Dr. Evil. > How did you find out about this? When did they get married? These events were leaked to the list (generally from people who'd just done interviews, etc.) as they happened. Linnell got married in Feb. of '97, and Flans I believe got married the preceeding summer. --nicole the wonder nerd *** "Circumstances eat themselves. The present tense has been."--Moxy Fruvous Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org nicole@fruhead.com ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <6764b8e3.24f398cb@aol.com> Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 02:42:19 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell hair (was DFB aka Hotel Detective) > I like watching Linnel's hair throughout DFB. From the short hair cut in > Worm, to the extremely long hair in Guitar, to the bouncy hair in Crane. > While on the subject...what's everyone's favorite Linnel hair? I > personally > like the short Worm look. Mainly, cuz I have short hair myself... *gasp* Do you pick favorites among your CHILDREN?! For shame! I can't pick one; I love them all too much for words because they are simply an extension of the Giant :) ;) ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <80133d67.24f39b00@aol.com> Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 02:51:44 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Dream! > >When did they get married? > > Probably in the spring. It's such a dreamy time, with all the flowers in > bloom and the birds in the trees. > *sniff* Don't make me cry... I'm very VERY happy for John and John (And I feel Mr. Linnell's wife is EXCEPTIONALLY lucky) but just, don't make me cry :'( ~Lydia Hopelessly obsessed with TMBG since 1837! DaShpidah@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 03:47:38 EDT Subject: TMBG: Bdays. What are the Johns' birthdays, does anyone know? And is there any way I can send them cards? :) :) :) Cordially, Lydia (DaShpidah@tmbg.org) "Blue MEANIES!" ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199908241310.JAA15289@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: Re: TMBG: Flans on Court TV Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:10:05 -0400 (EDT) > > Wow... Snap Judgement is such an awesome show... > > They showed these court cases where both parties were pretty much full of > it, and then they make fun of them in an intellectually funny manner. The > guy said "John Flansburg of They Might Be Giants" after every commercial > break (about 6 times it seems). John seemed kinda intimidated by the host > or something like that. The host hass a very "strong" presence. John also > looked kinda funny in the suit he was wearing. I guess if your going to be > on court tv, you'd best come dressed for court. > That host guy was strange, he had the most annoying voice and was rather annoying in general. It's true, he did like to say "John Flansburgh of the rock band They Might Be Giants" quite a lot. I think John thought it was kinda interested, or at least funny, but it seemed odd for him to be there. John is one to poke fun at human nature, though, so it was interesting to hear his views. I liked it when he confronted the host about showing these court cases on tv. He asked if it was legal to show these and made Lionel defend the show, saying the cases were all public record. -Matt ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199908241312.JAA15583@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: TMBG: CourtTV appearance Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:12:36 -0400 (EDT) One other thing I forgot to mention about Flans being on CourtTV. I was surprised that they did not talk about mp3 piracy. They did mention the mp3 album through www.goodnoise.com (even though they've been bought out by e-music!). Where better than a court show to talk about a fairly new thing in the legal world. -Matt ------------------------------ Message-Id: From: "Steel, W Lee" Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:41:36 -0400 Lava is a new technology that combines MP3 with Animation. They Might Be Giants are the currently featured artist and Older is the latest "Lava" track. Check it out at: http://www.lavamusic.com/showcase/artist/artist.html Lee Steel Pfizer Engineering x23660 pager: (800) 760-6206 ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:54:11 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Reminder: JOHN FLANSBURGH ON COURT TV TONIGHT In a message dated 8/23/99 5:34:58 PM, MrBean43@aol.com writes: >You lucky people that see the show must tell us poor, non cable folks what > >happened on the show, alright? > luckily karen posted a transcript, so no one really has to go into much explaining. :) it was insane. just insane. i won't argue with seeing a Giant on tv at all, but it was just so odd. nutty. he seemed to be having a good time, playing lionel's andy richter, if you will. lionel was pretty darn scary, but i got the vibe that he's somewhat of a TMBG fan, probably invited flans on the show. and any exposure's good, really. he looked very swanky, all dressed up, and ... overall it was interesting, at least. sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003001beee4e$26ebcd00$5a228a81@rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: That Lava thing... Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:31:43 -0600 Gah. So I go to the Lava site, right? And I go through all the trouble of signing up with them (Only like...5 questions, but I'm trying to be overdramatic). And then it just tells me the zip file is unavailable. It's a lie, I tell ya! It's all a huge lie!!! *thwap* Sorry. Anyway, I can't seem to download the lava music video thingy, so...eh... Well, I guess that's my whole problem. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico My Shoutcast channel is at 129.138.34.90:7050. No guarantee it'll be up all the time, but at least it's a start, no? [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:42:20 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: That Lava thing... In a message dated 8/24/99 9:37:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time, refund@nmt.edu writes: > Gah. So I go to the Lava site, right? And I go through all the trouble > of signing up with them (Only like...5 questions, but I'm trying to be > overdramatic). And then it just tells me the zip file is unavailable. It's > a lie, I tell ya! It's all a huge lie!!! *thwap* > Sorry. Anyway, I can't seem to download the lava music video thingy, so. > ..eh... Well, I guess that's my whole problem. > > Signed, > Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico > > My Shoutcast channel is at 129.138.34.90:7050. No guarantee it'll be up all > the time, but at least it's a start, no? Hee Hee...you beat me to it! I just had the exact same problem. Oh well, perhaps everyone is trying to download it at the same time and.......oh you can figure it out. :) *waving to the 3 TMBG fans I met at the Neil Diamond concert lastnight* That was just weird. -kreadoubt "You know how you say...JUST PLAY! Well, it's kinda like if we said....JUST CLAP!" JL ------------------------------ From: "Lee Steel" Date: Tue, 24 Aug 99 13:08:35 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: That Lava thing... Message-Id: <199908241308.SM00364@megahits.com> Same problem here. I think I just happened to find this one early. ---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Reply-To: Kreadoubt@aol.com Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:42:20 EDT >In a message dated 8/24/99 9:37:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time, refund@nmt.edu writes: > Gah. So I go to the Lava site, right? And I go through all the trouble > of signing up with them (Only like...5 questions, but I'm trying to be > overdramatic). And then it just tells me the zip file is unavailable. It's > a lie, I tell ya! It's all a huge lie!!! *thwap* > Sorry. Anyway, I can't seem to download the lava music video thingy, so. > ..eh... Well, I guess that's my whole problem. > > Signed, > Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico > > My Shoutcast channel is at 129.138.34.90:7050. No guarantee it'll be up all > the time, but at least it's a start, no? Hee Hee...you beat me to it! I just had the exact same problem. Oh well, perhaps everyone is trying to download it at the same time and.......oh you can figure it out. :) *waving to the 3 TMBG fans I met at the Neil Diamond concert lastnight* That was just weird. -kreadoubt "You know how you say...JUST PLAY! Well, it's kinda like if we said....JUST CLAP!" JL ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:24:13 -0400 From: Peter Ohlert Message-ID: <37C2D53D.B6AF2973@icdc.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Non-TMBG: Neil Diamond > *waving to the 3 TMBG fans I met at the Neil Diamond concert lastnight* That > was just weird. > hey Neil Diamod fans! so i don't like Neil for the normal reasons...i think his stuff is catchy and his whole persona makes me smile (for all the wrong reasons).... -- ****************** Peter Ohlert Web Developer Internet Connect, Inc. (877)GET-ICDC ohlert@icdc.com ------------------------------ From: "Rachel A. Vecchitto" Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:44:17 -0400 Message-Id: <199908241744.NAA77050@vcmr-19.rcs.rpi.edu> Subject: TMBG: Flans on CourtTV Hello- Did anyone get Flans's episode of "Snap Judgement" on tape? My crappy cable provider doesn't offer Court TV at all, so I wasn't able to tape it myself. Or is anyone planning to post the segments with Flans in mo? I'd really like to see the episode, so if anyone can get me a caopy somehow let me know. Thanks! Also- I heard a TMBG song onthe radio for the first time ever yesterday! Racdio 104 in CT played Bidhouse. This is the same station that laughed at me and said "We don't play They Might Be Giants" when I called in to request Dr. Worm last year. Go figure. :) Rachel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990824180038.64918.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Amy Greenlese" Subject: TMBG: TMBG on the radio Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:00:38 EDT > Also- I heard a TMBG song onthe radio for the first time ever > >yesterday! Racdio 104 in CT played Bidhouse. This is the same >station >that laughed at me and said "We don't play They Might Be >Giants" when I >called in to request Dr. Worm last year. Go figure. Last month I moved from Toledo, OH to Columbus, OH, which is about a 3 hour move. I never ever once heard TMBG on the radio in Toledo, but down here in Columbus I've heard 3 songs in the past month, and I didn't even request any of them! They played S-E-X-X-Y, The Guitar, and Don't Let's Start, which is odd because I WAS going to request it later that week. **************************************************** Amy :) mondegreen@tmbg.org _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:38:11 -0700 Message-Id: <199908241838.LAA10611@xprt.net> From: murmur@xprt.net (Kerry Biggs) Subject: TMBG: Re: Oregon show >From: "Bridget Therease" >Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 02:36:12 -0700 > >is anyone on the list going to the show in portland on september 30th at the >aladdin theatre? > >cos i am! > >bwahahah! I am. And I know of at least 5 other people that are going. So, there should be at least 7 people there. Seriously, though, if anyone is planning on going to this show and hasn't bought a ticket yet, I'd advise you to do it soon. The Aladdin is very small. Kerry ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: <91c2efb9.24f44277@aol.com> Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:46:15 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: Oregon show In a message dated 8/24/99 11:39:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time, murmur@xprt.net writes: > I am. And I know of at least 5 other people that are going. So, there > should be at least 7 people there. > > Seriously, though, if anyone is planning on going to this show and hasn't > bought a ticket yet, I'd advise you to do it soon. The Aladdin is very > small. > > Kerry OOO OOO OOO!!! JUmping up and down....I wanna go! I wannna go! That's only 3 hours from Seattle! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO THERE! I'm ok now. -Kreadoubt "HEY! If you don't like the F*****G song, go stand outside for 3 MINUTES!" JF ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 18:41:42 -0400 From: Susan Thomas Message-ID: <37C31FA6.A9C9B8F6@ee.net> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG on the radio CD101 101.1 in Columbus plays TMBG a LOT! more then regular stations, first place i've heard Mojo Nixon on the radio too. Amy Greenlese wrote: > > > Also- I heard a TMBG song onthe radio for the first time ever > > >yesterday! Racdio 104 in CT played Bidhouse. This is the same >station > >that laughed at me and said "We don't play They Might Be >Giants" when I > >called in to request Dr. Worm last year. Go figure. > > Last month I moved from Toledo, OH to Columbus, OH, which is about a 3 hour > move. I never ever once heard TMBG on the radio in Toledo, but down here in > Columbus I've heard 3 songs in the past month, and I didn't even request any > of them! They played S-E-X-X-Y, The Guitar, and Don't Let's Start, which is > odd because I WAS going to request it later that week. > > **************************************************** > Amy :) > mondegreen@tmbg.org > > _______________________________________________________________ > Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000c01beeea2$9b071d80$5a228a81@rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 20:36:16 -0600 Guess what!??!?!?!?!?! I just found out where and when They're coming to New Mexico!!! September 21st, they'll be in Santa Fe, and on the 22nd, at 8 pm, they'll be in Albuquerque at the Sunshine Center. This is a mere 70 miles from where I am right this very instant. Can we say road trip? Got tickets already, so now I'm really really really really f***ing hyper. This'll be my first show ever...and I'll stop complaining that they never come here. :0) Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico My Shoutcast channel is at 129.138.34.90:7050. No guarantee it'll be up all the time, but at least it's a start, no? [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 00:06:17 EDT Subject: TMBG: sensurround anyone know where i can get a copy of sensurround (wav or mp3)? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990825044653.90704.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: sensurround Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 21:46:53 PDT MrBean43 wrote: >anyone know where i can get a copy of sensurround (wav or mp3)? Why not just purchase the "S-E-X-X-Y" EP, which includes this song, as well as "We've Got A World That Swings," "Unforgotten," and the Warren Rigg Microwave Mix of the title song? Personally, I don't like those last two tracks, but that's beside the point. As far as I know, this EP is still in print and commercially available. The song is also on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie soundtrack (in a slightly different form). -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #20-25 ******************************