Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #20-9 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 20, Number 9 Monday, 9 August 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: [Fwd: Maakies collections?] Re: TMBG: Insect Hospital TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #20-8 Re: TMBG: Candy Butchers Info!! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <37ADD08D.A51D1457@conpoint.com> Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 13:46:37 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Subject: TMBG: [Fwd: Maakies collections?] Chris Crosby wrote: > > Rogers wrote in message <7ohm10$cgk@enews4.newsguy.com>... > "Are there any collections of Maakies by Tony Millionaire?" > > Not that I know of, but his comic book series (SOCK MONKEY) is still > available from Dark Horse Comics. Here's a link: > http://www.tfaw.com/Level4.html?CART=9219552139623691&CB=88&COV=ON&SEC=HERE& > SUBSEC=comics&ITEM=97678 > > *Chris Crosby* > Please read my fun fun daily comic strip: http://www.superosity.com > SUBSCRIBE TO MY DAILY COMIC STRIP BY E-MAIL: superosity-subscribe@topica.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 16:24:26 -0400 From: "Mark D. Beissel" Message-ID: <37ADE77A.11D1@ameritech.net> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Insect Hospital Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > > Actually, I found a used copy of _Insect Hospital_ in a music store the > other day, along with a copy of Weird Al's _Me, Myself, and I_. Is that the one that has "Wrong Foot Amputated" on it?:-> I think my > favourite track is "All Your Friends Hate You," but "Spitting Contest" is > pretty cool, too. Oh, and don't forget "Careless Santa"! Those are all pretty good, but you didn't mention my favorite! "Careless Santa" is easily the best song on there! > Seriously, though, I think that tmbg.org says that _Insect Hospital_ was a > working title for _Severe Tire Damage_. It does, but that isn't entirely true. They also say there are videos for "S-E-X-X-Y" and "New York City", so...:-> I do recall that Flansburgh has said they were never seriously considering calling anything that. I think it was in tongue-zine.com's real audio interview, but I'm not sure. But anyway, I do remember that by the time STD was in the works, they hadn't mentioned Insect Hospital for quite awhile... they only talked about it during the "Then" tour. It is a cool title, though... ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 18:00:58 -0700 Message-Id: <199908090100.SAA09878@xprt.net> From: murmur@xprt.net (Kerry Biggs) Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #20-8 >From: tmbgirl@juno.com >Subject: TMBG: Candy Butchers Info!! > I still have two copies of said CD for anyone who wants them. Kerry >real quick note about our favorite mike viola. I got to my dorms to hear >some pretty damn familiar music coming from the room across the hall... >anyways... this guy alan is blasting some candy butchers and then when i >start talking to him he tells me that his best friend's mother is the >candy butchers new manager. did ya follow that? anyways, so he had a >copy of their soon to be released (august 31st everywhere) album, Fall In >Place. > >i listened to it. it's a bit different for the candy butchers but it's >definately cool... i guess if i had to say why it's different... just >that it's mellower, calmer, and on the whole less "pop-punk" and now into >the "pop" category. ya know, whatever floats your boat. ------------------------------ From: Carroll387@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 22:25:18 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Candy Butchers Info!! Yep, and did you know that they (Candy Butchers) will be on Conan this Sep 8th! Yeh! ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #20-9 *****************************