Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #21-15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 21, Number 15 Wednesday, 15 September 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Sorry in advance TMBG: The Savannah Show Re: TMBG: Cincy show Re: TMBG: Cincy show Re: TMBG: Cincy show Re: TMBG: Birthday and baseball TMBG: Some of you may remember me... TMBG: Large Tall End Of Week Re: TMBG: Large Tall End Of Week TMBG: bowery shows Re: TMBG: bowery shows Re: TMBG: bowery shows TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #21-14 Re: TMBG: bowery shows Re: TMBG: bowery shows Re: TMBG: bowery shows Re: TMBG: bowery shows TMBG: TMBG RARE LASERDISC Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <0F4FE960EF7BD211B27B00104B95BF0B1DA67E@TDSCSERVER03> From: Amy Greenlese Subject: TMBG: Sorry in advance Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 08:41:55 -0400 Kerry Biggs, would you please email me? I've lost your address. Amy :) ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <442845d1.2510090c@aol.com> Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 16:24:44 EDT Subject: TMBG: The Savannah Show Hey everybody ~ ~ I was wondering how the weather down in the Southeast is affecting the Savannah show for tonight. I just read that all of Savannah is being told to seek shelter today. Does anyone know if the Savannah show has been canceled or postponed? Karen "Look out Johns! It's Hurricane Floyd! (In Sensurround)" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com P.S. Seriously, I hope They are safe and warm, wherever they are. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 17:34:33 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Cincy show Message-ID: <19990914.174133.9734.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Two questions that may or may have not already been inadvertently answered: 1[one]. When is the Cincy show? 2[two]. Are they playing anywhere else in Ohio? ever-sincere, eriKa, I need to know! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 17:50:21 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Cincy show In a message dated 9/14/99 5:42:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: << Two questions that may or may have not already been inadvertently answered: 1[one]. When is the Cincy show? 2[two]. Are they playing anywhere else in Ohio? ever-sincere, eriKa, I need to know! >> They are playing at Electra in Cincinnati on October 12th. I haven't seen any other Ohio shows listed yet (no Pennsylvania ones at all, yet, either). Shows could be tacked on later, though -- you never know. Karen :-) Muse of the Day: Erato ~ ~ Muse of Love Poetry ------------------------------ From: DKocar@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:22:44 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Cincy show In a message dated 09/14/1999 5:55:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, MuseKJ@aol.com writes: > They are playing at Electra in Cincinnati on October 12th. I haven't seen any > other Ohio shows listed yet (no Pennsylvania ones at all, yet, either). > Shows could be tacked on later, though -- you never know. > Wait a minute! I just checked on Pollstar, and there is no longer a Pittsburgh show listed. I checked the other day and there was going to be one on October 14th. Did it get canceled? Diana ------------------------------ From: RingOH@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:32:50 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Birthday and baseball Boy, I screwed up! I wrote: << First of all -- was yesterday Linell's fortieth birthday? According to my numbers (they may be off), Linell was born in 1959, and his birthday is Sept. 12th, so I'm right? E-mail if I'm off. Okay! I erred! Please stop yelling at me! I'm sorry! Really! Second -- I picked up a copy of Baseball Weekly while I was gone, and right on page 4, a mini headline read: THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS Cool, huh? It was about the San Fransisco Giants' lineup. I nearly fell out of my seat! On that note, go Indians! I got ONE reply on that note! One! And it was about the Yankees! Not too many baseball fans out there, huh? Rick Jennings, Even though I screwed up (I'm sorry! I really am!), still THE #1 source of really off-the-wall (and factually incorrect) posts ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 16:48:46 -0700 From: "Spencer Owen" Subject: TMBG: Some of you may remember me... Then again, most of you probably don't. Here we go. I joined the list about a year ago, digest version. It was quite interesting for a while, as I was just becoming a fan of Theirs and looking at what all of the old-timers were talking about. I really started to get into it after a couple months. However, eventually, things started to disintegrate. Entire digests began to be about Nintendo games and school colors. I got bored, and basically said, "Screw this, I'm outta here." Long story short: I am getting increasingly bored at school, and I figure, "Eh, why not give it a try again." I have the regular, non-digest version this time. We'll see how it turns out. Oh, and general facts about me. -I'm 15, a sophomore in Los Angeles, CA. -I am a member of the TMBG Musings message board, from which I am currently taking a hiatus due to...well...let's just say an unfavorable group are ruining it for me for the time being, and I'm just taking a couple weeks off. -I own everything, except I've lost my copy of STD, and possibly even John Henry. (Booo.) -I think Flans' glasses are cool. I think Linnell's voice is cool. -I've never seen them live. I can't even go to the upcoming concert, due to the 21+ factor. This causes my occasional bouts of depression, that and the fact that I'm a nerd and I've never kissed a girl. (Not so much that as the concert thing, though.) That's it for now. Thanks. "cover up the blank spots, hit me on the head..." Spencer. ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <1b83808b.251048b0@aol.com> Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:56:16 EDT Subject: TMBG: Large Tall End Of Week Is there such a thing as "Large Tall End Of Week"? On a tmbg mp3 site, there is a song (a token back to brooklyn remix) listed as being from the above album titled Large Tall End Of Week. It sounds like some kind of fan. comp, do any of you know anything about it? Thanks ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.19990914210136.009593e0@130.127.28.14> Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 21:02:15 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Large Tall End Of Week I'd guess that it's a fan composition, and to continue guessing, I'd say that Jason "Poingly" did it. -Adam At 08:56 PM 9/14/99 -0400, MrBean43@aol.com wrote: >Is there such a thing as "Large Tall End Of Week"? On a tmbg mp3 site, there >is a song (a token back to brooklyn remix) listed as being from the above >album titled Large Tall End Of Week. It sounds like some kind of fan. comp, >do any of you know anything about it? Thanks ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990214211421.00836da0@idt.net> Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 21:14:21 -0500 From: Michael Hooker Subject: TMBG: bowery shows hi, just a note, the bowery ballroom shows are onsale at ticketweb.com , and for all you kiddies out there, they are all age 16 and up! an old fart, Mike Hooker ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 22:40:12 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: bowery shows In a message dated 9/14/99 10:26:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, HeYAnArChY writes: > they are all age 16 and up! NO!!!!!!! GOD NO! ::shrieks:: I'M 15 AND THREE BLOODY QUARTERS! I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown..... WHY 16?!?!? WHERE can I find a phone number for the Bowery Ballroom? I tried Ticketweb! Please find me that phone number, SOMEONE!! Lydia Oh GOD NO! ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 22:55:39 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: bowery shows In a message dated 9/14/99 10:41:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time, HeYAnArChY@aol.com writes: << WHERE can I find a phone number for the Bowery Ballroom? I tried Ticketweb! Please find me that phone number, SOMEONE!! >> Here you go, Lydia...please try and take deep breaths into this paper bag before you hyperventilate! -- I really feel bad for those of you with the "too young to go" problem :-( If I could do something to get you in, you know I would! Here's the address and number for The Bowery Ballroom: 6 Delancey Street at Bowery in NYC Telephone: (212) 533-2111 Good luck! Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ From: GAR31@webtv.net (Gary Richardson) Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 23:10:44 -0400 (EDT) Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #21-14 Message-ID: <21920-37DF0E34-4980@postoffice-262.iap.bryant.webtv.net> As a member of the NRBQ list, I posed the question, who else resembles the Q in terms of style rather than content, and the number one answer was TMBG! Sadly, I must admit to having never heard of them, so I subscribed to their list to learn a bit more. It seems you are a prolific bunch (that's a compliment, in case you flunked English!) and I'm not really up to reading all the mail. Rather, perhaps someone or sometwo or more could send me some info on where I might acquire a better appreciation for those they call TMBG. Do any radio stations in southern New England play their music? Are CD's readily available? How long has TMBG been around and where are they from? Was the 40th birthday in June or September, and why doesn't that person know which month is correct??? As a group, are you mostly 40-somethings, college educated, southern Baptists or northern atheists? Lots of questions, answers to any or all will be appreciated. Since I've unsubscribed for now, please respond to the webtv address directly. I look forward to a ton of e-mail..... Gary Richardson Q Fan since my Windsor, CT days TMBG fan since 9:15 Monday evening ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990915031555.63652.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: bowery shows Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:15:55 PDT Lydia wrote: >In a message dated 9/14/99 10:26:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, HeYAnArChY >writes: > > > they are all age 16 and up! > >NO!!!!!!! GOD NO! ::shrieks:: I'M 15 AND THREE BLOODY QUARTERS! Wait a minute. You're not yet sixteen years old, but you've been a TMBG fan since 1837? Something seems a bit mathematically suspect about that. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 23:34:18 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: bowery shows Message-ID: <19990914.233642.-242303.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> ok whoa there chiddler! if it's that important to you, just get into the city (the capital of fake id's) a couple of hours early with $50. I can tell you a bunch of shady places to go to get a fake ID! as far as my plans for the shows... i'm a poor college kid so i'm not sure if i'm gonna be able to catch all four shows (yeah, you never thought you'd hear me --- a kid from the west --- actually passing up TMBG shows) but there's seriously no way i can get any more hours at work and thus... don't think i can afford all of the shows (unless they're dirt cheap... we'll see...maybe i'll luck out!). take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html 9.15 Train and Splender Shooter 9.16 Self *and* Ash 9.27 Bis ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 00:15:17 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: bowery shows In a message dated 9/14/99 10:57:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, MuseKJ@aol.com writes: > Here you go, Lydia...please try and take deep breaths into this paper bag > before you hyperventilate! -- I really feel bad for those of you with the > "too young to go" problem > :-( If I could do something to get you in, you know I would! ::takes the paper bag and breathes into it for awhile, then eats it:: I feel better already.... Lydia Nummy. ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <6ef4709.25107807@aol.com> Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 00:18:15 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: bowery shows In a message dated 9/14/99 11:17:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes: > Wait a minute. You're not yet sixteen years old, but you've been a TMBG fan > since 1837? Something seems a bit mathematically suspect about that. Did I say 16? I mean 160! Lydia A fan since 1837, sure as day! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990915045828.15539.rocketmail@web216.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 21:58:28 -0700 (PDT) From: Xander Zeeterman Subject: TMBG: TMBG RARE LASERDISC Hey all! I've put up for auction the hard-to-find They Might Be Giants The Videos 1986-1989 8" Laserdisc. It's identical to the early video release, except it's on high quality LD! These are long out of print and stand to be one of the hardest Giants items to get. Hurry as this auction ends soon! Thanks alot! Check it out here: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161679089 __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #21-15 ******************************