Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #21-3 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 21, Number 3 Friday, 3 September 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Joining TMBG: Re: Vegas show question Re: TMBG: Current Dates Re: officially non TMBG: xtc and chain letters TMBG: TMBG Vegas meeting TMBG: TMBG in New Mexico... Re: TMBG: Current Dates Re: NON-TMBG: Way back when Re: NON-TMBG: Way back when Re: TMBG: Question. TMBG: Dial -A- Song Re: TMBG: Dial -A- Song TMBG: Re:4 night stint at the Bowery TMBG: Mono Puff & Candy Butchers Re: TMBG: Re:4 night stint at the Bowery TMBG: Brave New World Re: TMBG: Current Dates Re: TMBG: Current Dates Re: TMBG: Current Dates Re: TMBG: Current Dates Re: TMBG: Current Dates TMBG: mercury lounge Re: TMBG: Mono Puff & Candy Butchers Re: TMBG: Re: Current Dates Re: officially non TMBG: xtc and chain letters Re: TMBG: Re:4 night stint at the Bowery TMBG: BNW...west costers, skip. TMBG: Moon Germ Country Ballad RE: TMBG: Re:4 night stint at the Bowery TMBG: oops. Re: TMBG: Moon Germ Country Ballad Re: TMBG: Moon Germ Country Ballad Re: TMBG: Re:4 night stint at the Bowery Re: TMBG: Moon Germ Country Ballad Re: TMBG: Brave New World Re: TMBG: Re:4 night stint at the Bowery Re: TMBG: Brave New World Re: TMBG: Re:4 night stint at the Bowery TMBG: the Vegas show (again!) Re: TMBG: Dial -A- Song Re: TMBG: Moon Germ Country Ballad Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: TMBGMike@aol.com Message-ID: <2129e396.24ff756b@aol.com> Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 02:38:35 EDT Subject: TMBG: Joining I'm the "old" Mike (screen name was BigTMBGfan), and if anyone can help me out on how to join, I'd be very grateful. Thanks, Mike Remember, the only thing better than food, is free food!!! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37CE529A.BC8281BA@pacificnet.net> Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 03:34:07 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Re: Vegas show question Dexter Flansburgh asked: >Does anyone know who the opening act will be for the show in Las Vegas, or if They will even have one? It's "You Were Spiraling". They'll be opening for them at the California shows too. In fact, it looks like they'll be with TMBG for most or all of their current tour. (SEE: http://members.aol.com/ywstoog/live.html ) I know nothing about them but I seem to recall some of you saying positives things about them when they opened for TMBG in the past. Then I never saw them mentioned again. Should I be glad they are opening for them? The above web site has some audio samples which I'm going to check out now. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199909021409.KAA150756@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 10:10:16 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: Current Dates At 10:03 PM 9/1/1999 -0400, Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: > >>eh, there's a few of us... > >Hey, weren't you the one I asked if you'd gone to the Ben Folds Five >show? That was way back in the day... The same :) >>For a show, yeah. The age segregation will start as soon as the >concert's >>over. I think the upstairs is limited to 21+ and the floor is 18+. The >show >>itself should be all ages, though. > >The floor is eighteenplus? Where am I supposed to stand? The wall? This is just for after the show. During the show, the floor is all ages. --Jason-- "I'm not trying to make sense, I'm just talking." -John Flansburgh "You could say, like, 'Americans are stupid', but that would be incredibly mean." -John Linnell ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37CEA1A5.2D85053E@airmail.net> Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 11:11:17 -0500 From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: officially non TMBG: xtc and chain letters LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > > >>I have, however, since purchased a > >>copy of A Testimonial Dinner, and I would like to go on record as saying > >>TMBG's contribution is way cool. :) > > > >I've heard Their cover of "25 O'Clock." Is the rest of the album any good, > > > >though? Yes and no. The Rembrandts' cover of "Making Plans for Nigel" was a pleasant surprise. Sarah McLachlan's version of "Dear God" was a severe disappointment. Spacehog's version of "Senses Working Overtime" plain sucked. Ruben Blades did a nice calypso thing with "The Man Who Sailed Around His Soul." I'd say the album is a worthwhile purchase. > wow, weird. i'm sitting here listening to blur's _parklife_ -- song: "end of > a century" .. and as i was reading this, i actually thought i was listening > to xtc. that was pretty weird. am i that tired? > > and to the person who _finally_ said something about the sanity test thing > (it was somthing like "please don't forward things like this to the list" > ...i'm sorry, i have an itchy delete finger. bad habit. )... THANK > YOU. ;) Which I am perfectly capable of using. But the list still shouldn't be flooded with crap. YOU'RE WELCOME. > i thought about it, but figured... maybe it'd go away. for a few days, > that was actually the only traffic we had on this list, otherwise i woul > dhave said something.. If you want more traffic, subscribe to more mailing lists. I certainly don't advocate a "no off-topic posts" position, but I think forwarding chain letters and the like crosses the line. > andtheyallgohandinhand.. > handinhandthoughtheir....parklife. > sarah IMO, YMMV, etc., Danielle -- We're all Jesus, Buddha, and the Wizard of Oz. --XTC ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990902165652.35241.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "jEsSiCa Schleiger" Subject: TMBG: TMBG Vegas meeting Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 10:56:52 MDT Has anyone planned any sort of meeting for those of us going to Vegas? I'm not from there, not familiar with it, but would definately like to meet up with some of you! Keep me posted if anyone comes up with a plan! Jessica ~EVERY JUMBLED PILE OF PERSON HAS A THINKING PART THAT WONDERS WHAT THE PART THAT ISN'T THINKING ISN'T THINKING OF~ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002601bef564$b316c060$5a228a81@rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: TMBG in New Mexico... Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:00:46 -0600 Eh...I was just sitting here, doing my Ceramics homework (the science, not the art), and I got to wondering... Are any of you planning on coming down to the Albuquerque, New Mexico show? I know there are a couple of us New Mexicans on this list...was just wondering if I should be lookin' out for anyone? Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37CEADE2.D50FE594@tmbg.org> Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 13:03:30 -0400 From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Current Dates Jason Fickley wrote: > For a show, yeah. The age segregation will start as soon as the concert's > over. I think the upstairs is limited to 21+ and the floor is 18+. The show > itself should be all ages, though. yeah, and that happens at 10pm *sharp*, regardless of how long TMBG have been playing. This is why I despise Metropol. They can't make up their minds as to whether they're a concert venue or a dance club, and they try to be both, at the expense of band time. We'll be lucky to hear an hour of TMBG... I'd love to see them at Graffiti, but somehow I'd guess that it's a bit small... -- Lawrence Solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left blank. ------------------------------ From: DKocar@aol.com Message-ID: <93679ac0.25001f89@aol.com> Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 14:44:25 EDT Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Way back when xornom@hotmail.com writes: > Well, if you were a cannibal, vegetarians would probably be the best choice > of people to eat, since they're lower on the food chain than the rest of us. At least we'd have nice healthy lean meat and wouldn't be all fatty and cholesterol filled like you meat eaters! That's all I'll say for now, Diana ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 15:21:02 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37CECE1E.7FD69EE@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Way back when Can anyone say "mad cow?" -A > > Well, if you were a cannibal, vegetarians would probably be the best choice > > of people to eat, since they're lower on the food chain than the rest of > us. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 17:20:01 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Question. Message-ID: <19990902.172004.9838.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" >Does anyone know what happened to Dial-A-Song? I call and it just rings and >rings and rings and rings and you get the idea. I've started envisioning this >little answering machine on a table in the middle of a small gray room with >blinds over the window. The door is locked. No one ever goes in, no one ever >comes out, the machine just sits there forlornly and rings and rings and >rings. Dial-A-Song: Always entertaining, often broken, usually busy, occasionally taken over by terrorists! Whee! Hope that cleared it up for ya! ever-sincere, eriKa, just a phone call to a Brooklyn! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000901bef58a$9d6fe2c0$a19da2d1@tk421> From: "-=eRiCh=-" Subject: TMBG: Dial -A- Song Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 14:31:58 -0700 I remember someone saying that they contacted TmbgDot about the matter and she said it should be working and that she'd look into the problem..... -=eRiCh=- ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <9f609fc5.250048e9@aol.com> Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 17:40:57 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Dial -A- Song In a message dated 9/2/99 5:28:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cannon10@wa.freei.net writes: << I remember someone saying that they contacted TmbgDot about the matter and she said it should be working and that she'd look into the problem..... -=eRiCh=- >> That would be me. I just tried Dial-A-Song again a few days ago, myself, and it's true that it still just rings and rings. I will try to get an update on the situation for everyone within the next few days or so. Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ From: JJRRutgers@aol.com Message-ID: <8a2c3374.2500537d@aol.com> Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 18:26:05 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re:4 night stint at the Bowery I'll be there at the Bowery for at least 2 of the shows. I'm planning on Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately, my fund will not allow for 4 shows, but I shall do my best. Ok, with a 4 show stint at the Bowery, does anyone on the list want to make any special plans? Having lunch at Katz's I think would be good. Or anything else you can think of. Let me know. - John ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 12:58:27 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Mono Puff & Candy Butchers Message-ID: <19990902.183009.-296083.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: Jordan Arnot Hey HEy kiddies... one more thing i forgot to inquire about... has there been any news relating to mono puff lately? any upcoming shows or anything? and as far as the candy butchers go... rumor has it that they'll be taping the conan o'brien show on wednesday september 8th. stay tuned! :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html 9/2 Dmitri From Paris 9/10 Blue Man Group 9/16 Self & Ash 9/17 Marcy Playground 9/19 Homegrown ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990902223448.19014.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Reverend Kristina K. Panos" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:4 night stint at the Bowery Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 17:34:48 CDT >I'll be there at the Bowery for at least 2 of the shows. I'm planning on >Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately, my fund will not allow for 4 shows, >but >I shall do my best. Same here. I'm planning on the Friday and Saturday shows. :) >Ok, with a 4 show stint at the Bowery, does anyone on the list want to make >any special plans? Having lunch at Katz's I think would be good. Or >anything else you can think of. Let me know. Woo! Katz's! Having never been to the City, I _must_ go to Katz's and sit in the John and John booth (not that I know which one that is, and not that it's marked) while I'm there! Whee! Kristina "Captain Elation" Panos ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990902225355.32492.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Stacky Acha" Subject: TMBG: Brave New World Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 18:53:55 EDT Did anyone tape the episodes of ABC's Brave New World with TMBG? Or know where I can gits a taped copy? Due to my crazy work schedule I haven't and won't be able to see any of the episodes. Oh, and hi to everyone. I'm glad I found this site so that hopefully ppl can update me on all of the tmbg gossip. Acha ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 19:36:15 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Current Dates Message-ID: <19990902.193616.8662.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" >>Hey, weren't you the one I asked if you'd gone to the Ben Folds Five >>show? That was way back in the day... >The same :) Yess! I am super cool! >yeah, and that happens at 10pm *sharp*, regardless of how long TMBG have been >playing. This is why I despise Metropol. They can't make up their minds as >to whether they're a concert venue or a dance club, and they try to be both, >at the expense of band time What part of Pittsburgh is Metropol in? The Flats? Wait... are there Flats in Pittsburgh? I think I'm thinking of Cleveland. I don't even know what the hell I'm talking about! Surprise, surprise! >We'll be lucky to hear an hour of TMBG... Hm. How many people are going to this show? It'd be kind of interesting to meet some listees. Plus, I may be bringing my friend who I've turned into somewhat of a fan. Hooray! >I'd love to see them at Graffiti, but somehow I'd guess that it's a bit >small... Where ever I saw BF5 at was nice. I forget what it was called now. It was a big ol' covered parking lot, and they let you take cameras. ever-sincere, eriKa, but it's a school day! I'm so pathetic! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: DKocar@aol.com Message-ID: <5312a05e.25006722@aol.com> Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 19:49:54 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Current Dates hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: > What part of Pittsburgh is Metropol in? The Flats? Wait... are there > Flats in Pittsburgh? I think I'm thinking of Cleveland. I don't even know > what the hell I'm talking about! Surprise, surprise! Um...I'm not sure where the Metropol is, but yes, the Flats are in Cleveland! Though Pittsburgh probably has something similar, with all the rivers there. But I wouldn't know, I've only been there once. > > Where ever I saw BF5 at was nice. I forget what it was called now. It was > a big ol' covered parking lot, and they let you take cameras. It was the IC Light Ampitheatre! I liked it there too--the best part about it was when the crowd just stacked up all the plastic chairs we were supposed to sit in so everybody could stand and get closer. :-) Diana ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 20:16:22 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Current Dates Message-ID: <19990902.201624.12286.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" >Um...I'm not sure where the Metropol is, but yes, the Flats are in Cleveland! Yeah, I thought I was wrong. >Though Pittsburgh probably has something similar, with all the rivers there. >But I wouldn't know, I've only been there once. I was thinking the South Side, but there's not all too much down there.. I dunno. >It was the IC Light Ampitheatre! I liked it there too--the best part about >it was when the crowd just stacked up all the plastic chairs we were supposed >to sit in so everybody could stand and get closer. :-) That was it! But half the crowd was freaking plastered, I swear. I wish I'd known there had been fellow listees at that, but oh well. ever-sincere, eriKa, "I love the way the rivers merge..." "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199909030035.UAA142348@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 20:36:57 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: Current Dates At 07:36 PM 9/2/1999 -0400, Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: >What part of Pittsburgh is Metropol in? The Flats? Wait... are there >Flats in Pittsburgh? I think I'm thinking of Cleveland. I don't even know >what the hell I'm talking about! Surprise, surprise! hmmm...hard to explain...the Flats are in Cleveland, they played at the Odeon there. (I know, we shudder at the thought of the Odeon, right, Lawrence? :) Spider, he is our hero!) Metropol isn't along the river, but that's about all I can tell you. I just kind of found it out of pure luck last time, even though I live very close to the 'burgh. :) Try www.pittsburghlive.com or just search for it...you should be able to find directions. If not, email me personally and I'll see what I can dig up. >>We'll be lucky to hear an hour of TMBG... > >Hm. How many people are going to this show? It'd be kind of interesting >to meet some listees. Plus, I may be bringing my friend who I've turned >into somewhat of a fan. Hooray! Well, I'm going for sure. I assume Lawrence and Jish are going, don't want to speak on their behalf, though. >>I'd love to see them at Graffiti, but somehow I'd guess that it's a bit >>small... > >Where ever I saw BF5 at was nice. I forget what it was called now. It was >a big ol' covered parking lot, and they let you take cameras. I'm assuming that was I.C. Light. I've been to 3 concerts there...I don't like it much at all, personally. --Jason-- "I'm not trying to make sense, I'm just talking." -John Flansburgh "You could say, like, 'Americans are stupid', but that would be incredibly mean." -John Linnell ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37CF1CB5.2DB23305@tmbg.org> Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 20:56:21 -0400 From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Current Dates Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: > What part of Pittsburgh is Metropol in? The Flats? Wait... are there > Flats in Pittsburgh? I think I'm thinking of Cleveland. I don't even know > what the hell I'm talking about! Surprise, surprise! Shitropol is in the "strip." > Where ever I saw BF5 at was nice. I forget what it was called now. It was > a big ol' covered parking lot, and they let you take cameras. Sounds like IC Light Amphitheatre. That's where I saw Weird Al. It's a nice venue, except they're kind of anal about hanging around afterwards (not that Shitropol isn't...) -- Lawrence Solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left blank. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990302211342.00816770@idt.net> Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 21:13:42 -0500 From: Michael Hooker Subject: TMBG: mercury lounge hi, i believe its the time of year TMBG plays the mercury lounge in NYC.is there a date for this? i ve seen nothing on the web site. thanks, Mike Hooker ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990903010954.32403.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Mono Puff & Candy Butchers Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 18:09:54 PDT JOrdaN Arnot wrote: >one more thing i forgot to inquire about... has there been any news >relating to mono puff lately? any upcoming shows or anything? Didn't Hal Cragin move to California, or something like that? >and as far as the candy butchers go... rumor has it that they'll be >taping the conan o'brien show on wednesday september 8th. stay tuned! They'll be taping it, or appearing on it? -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37CF271A.208B@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 21:40:46 -0400 From: "K.C." Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Current Dates For all you Ohio people, they said they'd be playing in Ohio sometime, and I imagine that's why the dates between 10/11 and 10/14 aren't filled. I figure they'll be somewhere in Ohio, unless they're Backstabbing Liars. -- K.C. Kless "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." Commissioner, TertiArse Fantasy Sports DocWorm@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 16:17:26 EDT Subject: Re: officially non TMBG: xtc and chain letters In a message dated 9/2/99 11:02:47 AM, redips76@airmail.net writes: >If you want more traffic, subscribe to more mailing lists. i'm on about 100 as it is. uhh.. thanks for the suggestion though.. sarah ------------------------------ From: Coolfro38@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 22:19:58 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:4 night stint at the Bowery In a message dated 9/2/99 6:28:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, JJRRutgers@aol.com writes: << I'll be there at the Bowery for at least 2 of the shows. I'm planning on Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately, my fund will not allow for 4 shows, but I shall do my best. Ok, with a 4 show stint at the Bowery, does anyone on the list want to make any special plans? Having lunch at Katz's I think would be good. Or anything else you can think of. Let me know. - John >> Does anyone know exactly how much the shows are going to cost? ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 22:32:47 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37CF334F.6FEEBF3E@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: BNW...west costers, skip. well, tmbg was just on BNW. i wont spoil it for you west costers, but i wasnt overly impressed. not one of their best. oh well. it's tmbg, it cant be THAT bad. :o) -A ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 22:31:44 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Moon Germ Country Ballad Message-ID: <19990902.223514.9390.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That was the best thing I've seen all day! You've gotta love that five o'clock shadow on Linnell! Now *that's* sexxy, eh ladies? And Flansy's fake beard! It just kept getting better! BNW is my father's first exposure to Them, and he just gets really confused. He's convinced They do performance art now - although, between this and King Weed, I can't blame him. ^_^ ever-sincere, eriKa, behold the mystery that is me! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: "Lee Steel" Subject: RE: TMBG: Re:4 night stint at the Bowery Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:43:41 -0700 Message-ID: One of my other favorite bands, Squeeze, will be playing in NY on the 23rd so I think I am comming down for Friday and Saturday and see the Johns on Friday, spend the night, and see Squeeze on Saturday. -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of JJRRutgers@aol.com Sent: Thursday, September 02, 1999 3:26 PM To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re:4 night stint at the Bowery I'll be there at the Bowery for at least 2 of the shows. I'm planning on Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately, my fund will not allow for 4 shows, but I shall do my best. Ok, with a 4 show stint at the Bowery, does anyone on the list want to make any special plans? Having lunch at Katz's I think would be good. Or anything else you can think of. Let me know. - John ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <212f9575.25009250@aol.com> Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 22:54:08 EDT Subject: TMBG: oops. regarding my uh, last post. ahh... brave new world. i completely forgot. stupid, stupid, stupid, sarah ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <7159a3f4.25009195@aol.com> Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 22:51:01 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Moon Germ Country Ballad In a message dated 9/2/99 9:40:39 PM, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: > >BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! > >That was the best thing I've seen all day! You've gotta love that five >o'clock shadow on Linnell! Now *that's* sexxy, eh ladies? And >Flansy's fake beard! It just kept getting better! > erm... what are you talking about..? it's not my birthday, it's not today*, sarah (* lie) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990903030703.95372.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Moon Germ Country Ballad Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 20:07:00 PDT eriKa wrote: >That was the best thing I've seen all day! You've gotta love that five >o'clock shadow on Linnell! Now *that's* sexxy, eh ladies? And >Flansy's fake beard! It just kept getting better! It was certainly amusing. While the song itself wasn't that great (most likely not a contender for the next album), seeing and hearing Linnell as a hick made it worthwhile. It was actually kind of frightening. Flans looked pretty cool, too. By the way, I've noticed that most of the country-western-type numbers that the Johns have performed have been sung by Flansburgh. That could be part of the reason why I found Linnell's performance to be rather shocking. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:30:16 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:4 night stint at the Bowery > Does anyone know exactly how much the shows are going to cost? I'd like to know as well! I may or may not be going. But if I have ANYTHING to do with it, I'm carting ALL my friends out to see it!! Lydia Really excited!!! ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <302fbb94.25009bb3@aol.com> Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:34:11 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Moon Germ Country Ballad > That was the best thing I've seen all day! You've gotta love that five > o'clock shadow on Linnell! Now *that's* sexxy, eh ladies? And > Flansy's fake beard! It just kept getting better! *breaks down into inconsolable fits of weeping* I MISSED IT! I wanted to remember it but when I looked up it was 10:30! OH THE ANGUISH! THE PAIN!! And to make things WORSE, I had to go to the DENTIST today!!! Lydia This sucks! ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <8f577285.25009e71@aol.com> Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:45:53 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Brave New World AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I was at the Moody BLues concert tonight in Camden, and I completel forgot to tape Brave New World. i had been planning for weeks to tape it and watch it when i got home. Oh well, im sure it will be on some kind of bootleg comp. Can anyone tell me if tmbg was on tonight, and if so, what they did? By the way, was anyone on this list at the Moody Blues Concert? Wasn't it awesome?! ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <9f64750a.25009ea3@aol.com> Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:46:43 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:4 night stint at the Bowery What's Katz's? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990903041619.49288.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Brave New World Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 21:16:19 PDT MrBean43 wrote: >Can anyone tell me if tmbg was on tonight, and if so, what they did? They certainly were, and They performed a country ballad about a cold germ that went to the Moon. Linnell sang lead vocals in an odd faux-country accent, and Flans wore a false beard and played the zither. I'm sure you'll see more comments on this appearance on the list. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 01:13:04 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:4 night stint at the Bowery Message-ID: <19990903.011416.-243591.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: Jordan Arnot > > Does anyone know exactly how much the shows are going to cost? > > I'd like to know as well! I may or may not be going. But if I have > ANYTHING > to do with it, I'm carting ALL my friends out to see it!! i'll keep checking the village voice and what not. you can always keep checking out www.ticketweb.com for info on the price as soon as they're on sale. :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: Lvdryad@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 01:15:34 EDT Subject: TMBG: the Vegas show (again!) For the people who are planning on coming to the Vegas concert, are you interested in meeting at the Hard Rock Hotel (the site of the show) or somewhere else? And when are all of you getting here? Rebecca ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 01:24:53 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Dial -A- Song Well, tonight I got the chance to speak with Operator Dot about Dial-A-Song's being down, and she told me that she has it in mind to talk to the Johns in person about it, but they've been so busy with rehearsals for the upcoming tour, she hasn't had the opportunity to check in with them about it yet. I guess it will be fixed relatively soon. Whether or not the upcoming tour will delay it's return, I do not know. If I hear anything on it further, I will let you all know. Karen "The Return of the Hayseed Johns! Yeeehah!" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 00:51:45 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7qnmr2$2avc$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Moon Germ Country Ballad wrote in message news:302fbb94.25009bb3@aol.com... > > > That was the best thing I've seen all day! You've gotta love that five > > o'clock shadow on Linnell! Now *that's* sexxy, eh ladies? And > > Flansy's fake beard! It just kept getting better! > > *breaks down into inconsolable fits of weeping* I MISSED IT! I wanted to > remember it but when I looked up it was 10:30! OH THE ANGUISH! THE PAIN!! > And to make things WORSE, I had to go to the DENTIST today!!! Don't fret, I missed it as well, plus I also went to the Dentist. It was also the first day of school, and I had to work. But do you see me whining? No. -Jay Okay, maybe a litte. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #21-3 *****************************