Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #21-7 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 21, Number 7 Tuesday, 7 September 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Next album, last album, Austin Powers, Long Tall Weekend, etc, etc, un Re: TMBG: Next album, last album, Austin Powers, Long Tall Weekend, etc, etc Re: TMBG: Next album, last album, Austin Powers, Long Tall Weekend, etc, TMBG: PODAS Boots Re: TMBG:The Next Album Re: TMBG: Can we just agree to disagree? :-) TMBG: General Hospital and TMBG?! TMBG: Regarding Ryan's post... Re: TMBG:The Next Album Re: TMBG:The Next Album Re: TMBG:The Next Album Re: wow, you guys. Re: TMBG:The Next Album Re: okay, so i lied.. i have to read them all. Re: TMBG:The Next Re: wow, you guys. Re: TMBG:The Next Album TMBG: live albums and tmbg (was: *that* thread) Re: TMBG:The Next Album Re: TMBG: Regarding Ryan's post... Re: TMBG:The Next Album Re: TMBG: Can we just agree to disagree? :-) Re: TMBG: Can we just agree to disagree? :-) Re: wow, you guys. Re: TMBG:The Next Album Stupid broken keyboard! (was: Re: TMBG: Can we just agree to Re: Stupid broken keyboard! (was: Re: TMBG: Can we just agree Re: TMBG: Can we just agree to disagree? :-) Re: Stupid broken keyboard! (was: Re: TMBG: Can we just agree Re: TMBG: Can we just agree to disagree? :-) Re: Stupid broken keyboard! (was: Re: TMBG: Can we just agree Re: TMBG: Regarding Ryan's post... Re: Stupid broken keyboard! (was: Re: TMBG: Can we just agree Re: wow, you guys. Re: TMBG:The Next Album TMBG: Criticism & Such Re: wow, you guys. Re: TMBG:The Next Album TMBG: criticism Re: TMBG: criticism Re: TMBG: criticism TMBG: The guy... Re: TMBG: General Hospital and TMBG?! Re: TMBG:The Next Album Re: TMBG: The guy... TMBG: TMBG.net status update TMBG: Re: [TMBG]: TMBG.net status update TMBG: TMBG on the 'net... TMBG: Re: General Hospital and TMBG?! TMBG: Re: The guy... TMBG: i'm BAAAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAAAAAACK! Re: TMBG: TMBG on the 'net... TMBG: LimeZinger! TMBG: mp3 question TMBG: tmbg downhill? Re: TMBG: mp3 question Re: TMBG: LimeZinger! TMBG: Info on Bowery Ballroom Shows TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #21-6 Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <003d01bef680$6f7d9320$4f8456cf@sirducki> From: "Ryan Staib" Subject: TMBG: Next album, last album, Austin Powers, Long Tall Weekend, etc, etc, unrelated + OAT Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 22:51:48 -0400 I just have to say that I think you are all buttknobs and the only thing more gay than TMBG is quiz bowls. Thank you. PS BOTH Johns are gay AND Jewish, don't post off topic messages, unless you want to, the OMLTs are in the mail, as are the IPCDs, and I am an INTP. Oh yeah, and the Coriolis Force only works in Australia and at the equator. PPS To the five or so of you who understood all that, heya. :) To the ones that either didn't get it or got pissed off, just ignore it, it's not important. PPPS I was just thinking that it would be cool if there were some sort of trading cards or something with TMBG on them... [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990905025815.86439.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Next album, last album, Austin Powers, Long Tall Weekend, etc, etc, Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 19:58:15 PDT Ryan Staib wrote: > I just have to say that I think you are all buttknobs and the only >thing more gay than TMBG is quiz bowls. Thank you. > >PS BOTH Johns are gay AND Jewish, don't post off topic messages, unless you >want to, the OMLTs are in the mail, as are the IPCDs, and I am an INTP. Oh >yeah, and the Coriolis Force only works in Australia and at the equator. > >PPS To the five or so of you who understood all that, heya. :) To the ones >that either didn't get it or got pissed off, just ignore it, it's not >important. > >PPPS I was just thinking that it would be cool if there were some >sort of >trading cards or something with TMBG on them... What about Careless Santa? -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan, who is probably wearing that joke a bit thin today DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37D1E3A9.4CD547D0@fruhead.com> Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 23:29:45 -0400 From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Next album, last album, Austin Powers, Long Tall Weekend, etc, Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > What about Careless Santa? I read this about Careless Santa today on Reuters, figured I'd pass it along... Careless Santa was rushing to do a 2:1 trade for the IPCD, listening to his brand new TMBG mix tape he'd just made to listen to in his car, but he's lactose intolerant, so had to ride on a Big Blue Dog instead, which he remembered as being the nickname of a TMBG album. He made a TMBG reference, and bought some trading cards, but realized he couldn't say "cards" and called them AKAs instead. He met Mike "I am not a buttknob" Leffel in Nebraska, where he also had a Spitting Contest with his gay lover, John Linnell. John told him he was pissed off that Flansburgh was spending more time with Mono Puff, his side project, and that his songwriting seemed to have worn thin, so they were going to break up. He asked John why they sold out with the Tiny Toons videos, but Linnell said that that was off topic, and if he kept mentioning it, he'd have to get the conversation moderated. But really, as any true fan knows, they didn't sell out until Factory Showroom, which gave them more money to buy drugs and feed Linnell's heroin habit, which was the main reason they always play the same old set for years and haven't come up with anything new in the same lenghth of time. To make matters worse, as he drove to Virginia to find Christi the OMLT goddess to get his money back from the t-shirt she never made, he crashed into John Flansburgh's car, killing him instantly. NOTE: If you live in Australia, this message might come out backwards due to the Coriolis Effect. -- Lawrence Solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left blank. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 23:30:27 -0400 Subject: TMBG: PODAS Boots Message-ID: <19990904.233344.-313385.3.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein Does anyone have a copy of the PODAS boots (were there two?) that they would like to trade for? E-mail me off the list. Thanks. Derek "Uh, dummy heads...again!" - JF ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 00:23:38 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG:The Next Album > Are you trying to say that you've never been so interested in something you > want to do it a lot? Wow, you sound like a pretty boring person. Well I'm very very very interested in John Linnell and I can personally vouch for the fact that I want to d-- never mind!!! Lydia Dirty dirty girl >;) ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <5799aed.25035067@aol.com> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 00:49:43 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Can we just agree to disagree? :-) > To everyone who falls in the "TMBG can do no wrong" category, please try to > do a better job of supporting your arguments. This isn't logic in math class. It is my HUMBLE OPINION that TMBG can do no wrong. AM I GRANTED LENIENCY?!? Cripes! No one was so harshly chastised as me when I said which songs I liked and disliked, and asked if my observations were widespread. But then people said matter-of-factly, as if it were not their opinion but something widely known and accepted, that TMBG is the single most cruddy band today, and no one opposed them! No one! Everyone felt that it was this person's right to say this! And now, what do I see. We need proof of why we like TMBG! PROOF! No one here has offered better evidence (as if this were a court case!) of why they DON'T like them. THIS is why I find it odd that you people call yourselves fans (You know who you are, I won't mention names!), because you have nothing but bad things to say about them, and you even criticize the people that say they like them! And the people who said this are right: There is a more-than-fine line between criticism and complaining, and most of you have crossed even that and have gone into fullscale bashing! I don't care if I am a newbie. That's not a very good argument for anything. I'm sorry I've offended you so by liking TMBG. It was not my intention and I will not show these feelings again, so that I may spare yours. From now on I will keep only to the most annoying offtopic posting, because that seems to be safer ground that actually discussing that for which this list was created. Lydia Fully equipped and ready to decapitate ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <2c72a890.2503529c@aol.com> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 00:59:08 EDT Subject: TMBG: General Hospital and TMBG?! Maybe he was joking, but it doesn't seem like it... Q: Who are the guys on the Lincoln cover and who pop up in some of your videos? A: Have they popped up in our videos? Oh right, there's that one section. Right. Those are our ancestors. The bearded guy is my great-grandfather, who was a guy who lived out in Illinois in the middle of the nineteenth century. And the other guy is Flansburgh's grandfather who was a General, actually, and this is going to seem very silly and hard to believe but his name was Hospital, so his name was General Hospital. We haven't told anybody because no one would believe it, but that really was his name. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990905050804.8864.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Elendriel ^_^" Subject: TMBG: Regarding Ryan's post... Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 05:08:04 GMT Hmm...anyone else out there remember the OK Flesh Fest? (Hi Ryan!) :) Julie :) Continually messing up list postings since as long as she can remember! (stolen from Lydia ;P ) ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <6e5e9371.250354c4@aol.com> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 01:08:20 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG:The Next Album > not only can you hear the applause, but you can hear "participation" like in > "Lowest Highest Point," "King of Spain" ("1, 2, 3, 4!") and "The Drinking > Song" ("You sing it!") On STD, I can barely hear the audience during " > Battle > for Planet of the Apes." > I don't care about the audience, I want to hear the band. Who cares about some loud drowning background noise? Honestly, I like the album for what it is, and I achieved that by simply setting my standards a little lower than "Live Album." I don't usually like live albums anyway (NOTE, FOR ALL WHO ARE INEVITABLY GOING TO YELL AT ME FOR THAT, IT IS MY OPINION AND NOT YOURS) so I loved STD. Lydia Screw the sig! You people don't read it anyway ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <4a342b22.250354eb@aol.com> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 01:08:59 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG:The Next Album In a message dated 99-09-04 14:32:45 EDT, you write: << He's right there! Mr. Bean is king of the British Comedy!!! Forget Michael Palin and co. from Monty Python, Mr. Bean is and always will be the reigning King!!! >> Bull. Here, I must disagree. Red Dwarf is the king of British comedy. (and sci-fi, for that matter.) Nothing quite compares to its cheesyness. Emar, smoke me a kipper.... ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <880416f3.25035674@aol.com> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 01:15:32 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG:The Next Album > And given that most people I know agree that Severe Tire Damage does not fit > the commonly accepted definition of "live album," I have to really wonder > about their judgement in constructing it and releasing it the way they did. > They must have never listened to another band's live album... You know, not all bands solely depend on what other bands are doing.. Ever hear that thing, if Jimmy were to jump off a bridge.. Let them do their own thing. You can like it or not. I happen to. But if you're going to not like it, then at least don't act like you expected them to cater to your every whim forever. Everyone is different. Be flexible. ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <5799af4.25035798@aol.com> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 01:20:24 EDT Subject: Re: wow, you guys. Re: TMBG:The Next Album In a message dated 9/4/99 9:25:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, zaph@fruhead.com writes: > I don't really see where that's coming across. I'm not at all saying > anything > about who's more of a fan than anyone else. I am saying, though, that the > blind love for them and believing that they can do no wrong no matter what > isn't necessarily the best thing in the world - especially since a number of > the people who hold that belief seem to think that those who *don't* share > it > aren't fans, which is as bad as any other reason to claim someone else is > less > of a fan... I don't have blind love for them. And how could you say it's a bad thing? Let someone like a band if they dang well please. And the only people I don't really think are fans are the ones I have not heard one positive thing about TMBG from since I joined the list. People who like the band enough to join their mailing list generally aren't against the band in general, as most of you seem to be. Lydia ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 01:34:59 EDT Subject: Re: okay, so i lied.. i have to read them all. Re: TMBG:The Next > (they > can do no wrong? well, that's not me. there are quite a few songs i > have no shame hitting the 'skip' button for. "the day" "unrelated thing", > yah yah yah..) > I always wondered why everyone hates that song so, Unrelated Thing. I think it has a cute theme, and I think the wording is funny. "Unconnected and freeeeeee..." It's a bit slow, sure... The Day, I think, is kind of, eh, pointless, though. Yes. But what comes next, I like a lot more, so I usually just skip straight to :) Lydia Am I crazy? I sure hope so. That means I don't have to be like you people! Wheeee!! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37D2013F.3E1ECD7B@fruhead.com> Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 01:35:59 -0400 From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: wow, you guys. Re: TMBG:The Next Album HeYAnArChY@aol.com wrote: > I don't have blind love for them. And how could you say it's a bad thing? Let > someone like a band if they dang well please. And the only people I don't > really think are fans are the ones I have not heard one positive thing about > TMBG from since I joined the list. People who like the band enough to join > their mailing list generally aren't against the band in general, as most of > you seem to be. I'm not *against* TMBG. But shouldn't people on their mailing list be allowed to criticize them along with praise? Is there some kind of rule that the list should only be for saying how great we think TMBG are? That sounds like it would be pretty dull, especially since it would look like this: "TMBG are the best" "I agree" "Me too!" and we'd never have discussions about *anything* because everyone would instantly agree. Blind faith in *anything* is bad. I don't care if people love or hate TMBG or whatever, but to just claim that everything they do is perfect without really thinking about it is just silly. Say it with me... Silly! :) -- Lawrence Solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left blank. ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 01:32:33 EDT Subject: TMBG: live albums and tmbg (was: *that* thread) In a message dated 9/5/99 12:09:50 AM, HeYAnArChY@aol.com writes: > >I don't care about the audience, I want to hear the band. Who cares about > >some loud drowning background noise? i completely agree. if it's gonna be done, it's gotta be done just right. ummm... examples: barenaked ladies made the worst live album i've ever heard in my life. it's just way too- ...too- .. too much of something. i don't know. too much crowd noise, as well. on the other hand, sloan made the BEST live album i've ever heard (*and* it's a double album. something i think, needs to be done if it's supposed to be a real documentation of a live show) ...you can even hear the crowd on it, and on one track, the crowd sings half of this little song. (they also sing a little spontaneous "happy birthday" song to a member of the band. :)) ... only, it *works*. i don't know how to explain why, it just does. as for tmbg's live album, i actually don't care about the stripping down of the crowd noise. it sounds good the way it is. you want crowd noise, get a bootleg. ^_^ who's to say they didn't do that on purpose, because they're aware of all the bootlegs floating around? something to think about, maybe... maybe i'm just stupid. i don't know. >Lydia >Screw the sig! You people don't read it anyway i do! :) sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37D201DC.720B38C9@fruhead.com> Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 01:38:36 -0400 From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG:The Next Album HeYAnArChY@aol.com wrote: > > They must have never listened to another band's live album... > > You know, not all bands solely depend on what other bands are doing.. Ever > hear that thing, if Jimmy were to jump off a bridge.. Let them do their own > thing. You can like it or not. I happen to. But if you're going to not like > it, then at least don't act like you expected them to cater to your every > whim forever. Everyone is different. Be flexible. There's a difference between copying someone's ideas and being influenced. Or research. What I'm saying with that is that they didn't seem to have a concept of what is usually considered standard fare for a live album. -- Lawrence Solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left blank. ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <13029166.25035ead@aol.com> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 01:50:37 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Regarding Ryan's post... > Continually messing up list postings since as long as she can remember! > (stolen from Lydia ;P ) Ooh you vicious! COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT! COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!! OOH I'm gonna sue you! Oooooh! Lydia Making false copyright claims and idle threats she doesn't plan to uphold since 1837! Accept no substitutes! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 00:51:03 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37D204C7.8F19C565@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG:The Next Album EmarZero@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 99-09-04 14:32:45 EDT, you write: > > << He's right there! Mr. Bean is king of the British Comedy!!! Forget > Michael > Palin and co. from Monty Python, Mr. Bean is and always will be the reigning > King!!! >> > > Bull. Here, I must disagree. Red Dwarf is the king of British comedy. (and > sci-fi, for that matter.) Nothing quite compares to its cheesyness. Now I like Red Dwarf, but in cheesiness (despite some excellent storylines), Blake's 7 or Doctor Who would have to be the winners! As for comedy though, I'd have to say Monty Python... Nothing beats trout slapping spam-eating vikings in knight armor holding chickens! Bob "But we're all entitled to our opinions, despite what some people would like for us to believe!" Scott -Feel like I've been reading something about armageddon from the posts in the last couple of days on this list! All I asked was for you to make the salad pretty! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.19990905014355.00958b10@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 01:44:28 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Can we just agree to disagree? :-) Cobme ovn vnow, ryotu'rye tuotuallyr tuwistuivngj bmry words aryotuvnd! TUfh At 12:49 AM 9/5/99 -0400, HeYAnArChY@aol.com wrote: >This isn't logic in math class. It is my HUMBLE OPINION that TMBG can do no >wrong. AM I GRANTED LENIENCY?!? Cripes! No one was so harshly chastised as >me when I said which songs I liked and disliked, and asked if my observations >were widespread. But then people said matter-of-factly, as if it were not >their opinion but something widely known and accepted, that TMBG is the >single most cruddy band today, and no one opposed them! No one! Everyone felt >that it was this person's right to say this! And now, what do I see. We need >proof of why we like TMBG! PROOF! No one here has offered better evidence (as >if this were a court case!) of why they DON'T like them. THIS is why I find >it odd that you people call yourselves fans (You know who you are, I won't >mention names!), because you have nothing but bad things to say about them, >and you even criticize the people that say they like them! > And the people who said this are right: There is a more-than-fine line >between criticism and complaining, and most of you have crossed even that and >have gone into fullscale bashing! I don't care if I am a newbie. That's not a >very good argument for anything. I'm sorry I've offended you so by liking >TMBG. It was not my intention and I will not show these feelings again, so >that I may spare yours. From now on I will keep only to the most annoying >offtopic posting, because that seems to be safer ground that actually >discussing that for which this list was created. > > Lydia >Fully equipped and ready to decapitate ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.19990905014438.009535e0@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 01:58:15 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Can we just agree to disagree? :-) You are entirely, completely twisting my words around. TMBG is by far my favorite band. The "justification" comment comes from the fact that most of the letters people have sent responding to what I've said have basically been "No, you're wrong." with little else to say. To me, that's insufficient. I haven't seen a single post saying "that TMBG is the single most cruddy band today", and I think I've supported my feelings about disliking a *few* aspects of a *few* releases rather well. I'm not saying my point of view is any more or less valid than yours, but to misinterpret my letters to that degree is ridiculous. -Adam At 12:49 AM 9/5/99 -0400, you wrote: >This isn't logic in math class. It is my HUMBLE OPINION that TMBG can do no >wrong. AM I GRANTED LENIENCY?!? Cripes! No one was so harshly chastised as >me when I said which songs I liked and disliked, and asked if my observations >were widespread. But then people said matter-of-factly, as if it were not >their opinion but something widely known and accepted, that TMBG is the >single most cruddy band today, and no one opposed them! No one! Everyone felt >that it was this person's right to say this! And now, what do I see. We need >proof of why we like TMBG! PROOF! No one here has offered better evidence (as >if this were a court case!) of why they DON'T like them. THIS is why I find >it odd that you people call yourselves fans (You know who you are, I won't >mention names!), because you have nothing but bad things to say about them, >and you even criticize the people that say they like them! > And the people who said this are right: There is a more-than-fine line >between criticism and complaining, and most of you have crossed even that and >have gone into fullscale bashing! I don't care if I am a newbie. That's not a >very good argument for anything. I'm sorry I've offended you so by liking >TMBG. It was not my intention and I will not show these feelings again, so >that I may spare yours. From now on I will keep only to the most annoying >offtopic posting, because that seems to be safer ground that actually >discussing that for which this list was created. > > Lydia >Fully equipped and ready to decapitate ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <4838cd7b.250360b0@aol.com> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 01:59:12 EDT Subject: Re: wow, you guys. Re: TMBG:The Next Album > I'm not *against* TMBG. But shouldn't people on their mailing list be > allowed > to criticize them along with praise? Is there some kind of rule that the > list > should only be for saying how great we think TMBG are? That sounds like it > would be pretty dull, especially since it would look like this: Yes yes, but why BASH them? I haven't seen ANY praise from most of the people who are "criticizing" them. It's gotten really shortsighted lately, on both sides, I admit. >Blind faith in *anything* is bad. I don't care if people love or hate TMBG or >whatever, but to just claim that everything they do is perfect without really >thinking about it is just silly. Say it with me... Silly! :) I can say the word silly, thank yew! :P But I am not a religious person, nor am I BLINDLY in love with TMBG! So ha :OP Thought With John Linnell it comes close, but it still isn't blind because it has a lot to do with seeing him >;) Lydia Ogling John Linnell shamelessly since 1837! And Flansy at times >;) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.19990905015904.0095dc80@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 01:59:54 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Stupid broken keyboard! (was: Re: TMBG: Can we just agree to Stupid broken keyboard! :-) -Adam At 01:44 AM 9/5/99 -0400, Adam Tyner wrote: Cobme ovn vnow, ryotu'rye tuotuallyr tuwistuivngj bmry words aryotuvnd! TUfh ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 01:01:04 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37D20720.E97A46C2@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Stupid broken keyboard! (was: Re: TMBG: Can we just agree Adam Tyner wrote: > Stupid broken keyboard! :-) > > -Adam > > At 01:44 AM 9/5/99 -0400, Adam Tyner wrote: > Cobme ovn vnow, ryotu'rye tuotuallyr tuwistuivngj bmry words aryotuvnd! TUfh You should have that looked at... Did the keys fall out and get put back in in the wrong order? :P So long as you don't communicate using dashes and lines, I think we can understand you! Bob "Dr. KeeBord!" Scott ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 02:15:33 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Can we just agree to disagree? :-) > Cobme ovn vnow, ryotu'rye tuotuallyr tuwistuivngj bmry words aryotuvnd! TUfh > ::laughs in spite of herself:: Terrible. Terrible! Lydia Saying she has laughed in spite of herself when in fact she has not ACTUALLY done so since 1837! (But it's the spirit that counts ;) ) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.19990905021925.0095f610@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 02:20:15 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: Stupid broken keyboard! (was: Re: TMBG: Can we just agree One of the prongs on the back broke. I'm composing this in Character Map (ouch!) >You should have that looked at... Did the keys fall out and get put back in in >the wrong order? :P ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <233d16fa.25036599@aol.com> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 02:20:09 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Can we just agree to disagree? :-) > > I haven't seen a single post saying "that TMBG is the single most cruddy > band today", and I think I've supported my feelings about disliking a *few* > aspects of a *few* releases rather well. First! That is the general "vibe" or "aura" or whatever you're sending out! Second! Here we go witht he proof again! I don't care how you SUPPORT it! No one can be wrong in an opinion, but I'm just noting that I have never heard you say a good thing about TMBG. At least, not for a good week or two! You can dislike whatever. But you're asking people for proof or reasons why they like a song or particular thing, and that is ludicrous! And no, I am NOT Rick Moranis, that IS a real word >:P Lydia Wearing a big black helmet, drinking really hot coffee, and talking like a little nerd since 1837! WAIT! NO! I MEAN, NOT doing all of those things! Yeah!! ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 02:46:01 EDT Subject: Re: Stupid broken keyboard! (was: Re: TMBG: Can we just agree > So long as you don't communicate using dashes and lines, I think we can > understand you! WHAT! Damn young hooligans! I suppose, next you'll be telling me you don't know the entire Braille alphabet by heart!? Why in MY day.... Lydia --_- -_-- ___-_-- -___-_ -__ --- __ -_-- __ --- -_--_1837! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990905064716.79854.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Elendriel ^_^" Subject: Re: TMBG: Regarding Ryan's post... Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 06:47:16 GMT >From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com >Reply-To: HeYAnArChY@aol.com >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Regarding Ryan's post... >Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 01:50:37 EDT > > > > > Continually messing up list postings since as long as she can remember! > > (stolen from Lydia ;P ) > >Ooh you vicious! COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT! COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!! OOH I'm >gonna sue you! Oooooh! Ah, but as I admitted where it was from, you can't get a pretty penny. ;) Julie, who knows her copyright laws almost as well as her libel ones... ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 03:00:06 EDT Subject: Re: Stupid broken keyboard! (was: Re: TMBG: Can we just agree > I do, talk about unrelated things and off topic posts. Unconnected and freeeeeee...No relationship, to anythiiiiiing.... How come you never look me in the eye? Aren't you listening to me? Guess not. You must be thinking of an off-topic thing ;) There, back on the topic of TMBG! You can't complain now :P Oooh, there's another project for me to add to my list of Doomed Projects! Writing all TMBG songs in Morse Code :D Lydia Guiding young, impressionable offtopic posts back on topic since 1837! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37D268C0.61AC760B@fruhead.com> Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 08:57:36 -0400 From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: wow, you guys. Re: TMBG:The Next Album HeYAnArChY@aol.com wrote: > Yes yes, but why BASH them? I haven't seen ANY praise from most of the people > who are "criticizing" them. It's gotten really shortsighted lately, on both > sides, I admit. you obviously have a different definition of bashing, then. I'm not trying to insult them or put them down, just give my opinions of their recent work, which happen to be fairly harsh. > I can say the word silly, thank yew! :P But I am not a religious person, nor > am I BLINDLY in love with TMBG! So ha :OP Thought With John Linnell it but a lot of people are. their the ones who refuse to think that any of the criticism they've been seeing even has the slightest bit of grounding in reality. (and they're the most vocal on the side of the debate of "What kind of fan are you? You shouldn't be complaining!") -- Lawrence Solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left blank. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990905131343.36394.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "jEsSiCa Schleiger" Subject: TMBG: Criticism & Such Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 07:13:43 MDT I know I'm new to this list, but I have to say that I'm lovin' this critical discussion. I have mixed feelings on FS and STD...I think that both of these albums are highly experimental (in TMBG fashion), but it seems like They tried to branch in too many directions on the same album...where Apollo18, Lincoln, Flood all have coherency within the album itself, FS and STD both have extremely varied sound from track to track...it makes them harder to listen to because you're being bombarded with too many varying musical ideas...but then again, I kinda like it. They're still getting used to the "whole band" novelty as well, and it takes much more to coordinate the experimental sounds with more than two people playing, esp on live cuts...take the -planet of the apes- bits for example-my first reaction was what the f***?! but the more I listen, the more I appreciate what They're doing...it's very jazzy...different... I've been a TMBG fan for 10 years now (bought Lincoln in jr. high), and I can honestly say that part of the reason I love TMBG so much is that They do it because They are compelled by whatever muse to keep producing and creating and recreating, not for making what They think people (including fans) want to hear. Face it, They're weird, that's why many of us love them...but I'm glad They grow and change and experiment, and even if I don't like some of it (ie-XTC vs Adam Ant), I can still appreciate it. Art exists for its own sake, and it is perfect because it exists. Criticism in itself is an artform. Okay, I'm also an Oscar Wilde fan. ;) jess ~EVERY JUMBLED PILE OF PERSON HAS A THINKING PART THAT WONDERS WHAT THE PART THAT ISN'T THINKING ISN'T THINKING OF~ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Coolfro38@aol.com Message-ID: <8804f1de.2503c776@aol.com> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 09:17:42 EDT Subject: Re: wow, you guys. Re: TMBG:The Next Album In a message dated 9/5/99 1:36:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time, zaph@fruhead.com writes: << Blind faith in *anything* is bad. I don't care if people love or hate TMBG or whatever, but to just claim that everything they do is perfect without really thinking about it is just silly. Say it with me... Silly! :) >> SILLY!!!! [:-) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000601bef7a1$50d84a60$138c87d1@sjb.inlink.com> From: "Sara Beeler" Subject: TMBG: criticism Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 08:19:39 -0500 Since several people have been complaining about the band lately (not that I have a problem with that), I was curious if any of you have other favorite bands that you love everything they do. I personally have a hard time finding bands I like *at all*, let alone a majority of their songs. If someone thinks half the songs on Factory Showroom are great, that to me is still pretty high praise for the album. I realize that if you liked all or almost all of the songs on previous albums, liking only half is disappointing, but how does that compare to other bands? Of bands who've put out more than a couple albums, are there any that have a better "success rate", in your opinion? Sara ------------------------------ From: Coolfro38@aol.com Message-ID: <4e6e197.2503cb9e@aol.com> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 09:35:26 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: criticism In a message dated 9/5/99 9:20:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, sjb@inlink.com writes: << Since several people have been complaining about the band lately (not that I have a problem with that), I was curious if any of you have other favorite bands that you love everything they do. I personally have a hard time finding bands I like *at all*, let alone a majority of their songs. If someone thinks half the songs on Factory Showroom are great, that to me is still pretty high praise for the album. I realize that if you liked all or almost all of the songs on previous albums, liking only half is disappointing, but how does that compare to other bands? Of bands who've put out more than a couple albums, are there any that have a better "success rate", in your opinion? Sara >> Well, I can't say that I've absolutely loved everything on any album that I have. Ben Folds Five comes pretty close on two or three occassions, and Cowboy Mouth might have the old 100% perfect rating if not for John Thomas Griffith's songs on _Are You With Me_ and _Mercyland_. However, I guess that I'd peg you about right in that it's almost impossible to make an album in which any given person will *love* every song. So, good point. Still counting the days until I'm "One Angry Dwarf", GW ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37D27550.1C82526E@fruhead.com> Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 09:51:12 -0400 From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: criticism Sara Beeler wrote: > Since several people have been complaining about the band lately (not that I > have a problem with that), I was curious if any of you have other favorite > bands that you love everything they do. I personally have a hard time not at all. my other favorite band is Moxy Fruvous, and they've put out some songs that I just can't get into at all, and a couple that I just plain don't like. R.E.M., another of the bands I like, put out Monster, which... ugh, don't get me started on Monster. I like "Weird Al," but a lot of times the songs he's parodying I don't like, so I won't like the parody - as much as I like the idea for Achy Breaky Song, I still find the music annoying. I could keep going - cub, Blur, Lincoln, BNL... but I won't. > disappointing, but how does that compare to other bands? Of bands who've > put out more than a couple albums, are there any that have a better "success > rate", in your opinion? I'd say that on most albums, TMBG do. It's only recently that it's been cut to 1/2, or 1/12, in the case of STD. But as far as other bands... I'd say Moxy Fruvous have a pretty high success rate for me. There may be a song or two per album that I don't care much for, and a few others that I'm just indifferent to. I think "Weird Al" is improving his success rate on me, too - I've listened to the radio more in the past few years so I'm more familiar with the songs he's parodying and polka-ing. -- Lawrence Solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left blank. ------------------------------ From: RingOH@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 10:57:10 EDT Subject: TMBG: The guy... Someone please tell me who the guy in the Puppet Head, Don't Let's Start and Hotel Detective videos is! It's driving me crazy! I knew who he was, but I forgot... Rick "talking like Curtis Blow" Jennings ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <3b36c979.25035e38@aol.com> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 01:48:40 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: General Hospital and TMBG?! In a message dated 9/5/99 1:00:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time, MrBean43@aol.com writes: > A: Have they popped up in our videos? Oh right, there's that one section. > Right. Those are our ancestors. The bearded guy is my great-grandfather, who > > was a guy who lived out in Illinois in the middle of the nineteenth century. > > And the other guy is Flansburgh's grandfather who was a General, actually, > and this is going to seem very silly and hard to believe but his name was > Hospital, so his name was General Hospital. We haven't told anybody because > no one would believe it, but that really was his name. That is so weird!! I was wondering the EXACT same thing today! WAS he joking? I hope so!! Or else I'd look a total fool for not believing it :) Lydia ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990905155143.91559.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG:The Next Album Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 08:51:43 PDT Lydia wrote: > > not only can you hear the applause, but you can hear "participation" >like in > > "Lowest Highest Point," "King of Spain" ("1, 2, 3, 4!") and "The >Drinking > > Song" ("You sing it!") On STD, I can barely hear the audience during " > > Battle > > for Planet of the Apes." > > > >I don't care about the audience, I want to hear the band. Who cares >about >some loud drowning background noise? I think it depends on what the audience is doing. On the Fruvous album, there was actual, appropriate audience participation. On most recordings I've heard of TMBG shows, though, the audience just cheers at every other word, and sings along really poorly. Do we really need that on an album? The one track on _Severe Tire Damage_ that could have used more crowd noise was "Battle For The Planet Of The Apes," for obvious reasons. Of course, the Johns didn't record this, so it really isn't Their fault that it didn't turn out so well. (This begs the question of why They didn't ever record that song, though.) >Screw the sig! You people don't read it anyway -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan, ignoring Lydia's sig since 1837 DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990905160024.73036.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: The guy... Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 09:00:24 PDT Rick Jennings wrote: >Someone please tell me who the guy in the Puppet Head, Don't Let's Start >and >Hotel Detective videos is! It's driving me crazy! I knew who he was, >but I >forgot... That's William Allen White. He also appears in the videos for "Birdhouse In Your Soul" and "The Statue Got Me High." -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 12:53:41 -0400 (EDT) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: TMBG: TMBG.net status update Message-ID: Hey, As many of you may have noticed, TMBG.net was down for a few days. It was being moved around and then after being moved around it seemed to stop working. I have moved the HDs with all the stuff here to my house and have them plugged into my ADSL connection. Basically, everything about tmbg.net should be working now. A warning however, it has very limited bandwidth at the moment. It will be slower than usual probably... don't abuse it :). I took down the mp3s temporarily to help ease the bandwidth constraints... On a happy note, I ordered a new box for it which will be about 5x faster than the old one. Once I get that and configure it I can put it back onto ethernet and it will be very very very very nice and have a lot of room for expansion... this should happen within 3 weeks... ALSO, there is a new design for the page being worked up... I don't know when we will implement it but for those of you frustrated by the hideous and unwieldy design... it is being replaced eventually.... AND LASTLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, TMBG is going on a big fall tour! I have Austin working on keeping the page updated... so please please please send in any setlists or reviews of shows you go to... it will be great to keep a very accurate list of setlists for this tour. Rememvber, most stuff should go to web@tmbg.net and breaking news can go to news@tmbg.net... but this should be rare. Also, try to keep the setlists in the format we have on tmbg.net to make it easier for austin... something like "Ana Ng / Birdhouse in your Soul / etc / etc" And beyond that, take a look at tmbg.net (again it may be slow right now)... Austin did a lot of work on updating the articles page and there are tons and tons of them there. You can't REALLY call yourself a TMBG fan unless you have read all of them (or unless your name is Chris Stangl)... but seriously, check it out :) -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ ------------------------------ From: DING24@aol.com Message-ID: <57bec48.250405ce@aol.com> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 13:43:42 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: [TMBG]: TMBG.net status update well as you all know I am the most attractive regular on #tmbg quite possible the most attractive IRC user well I have recently wrecked my car and I need funds to get it fixed so if you want to help me out I would be very appreciated -- I will send you a pic of me to put by your comp :-) Kinger ------------------------------ From: RingOH@aol.com Message-ID: <794122ed.25042093@aol.com> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 15:37:55 EDT Subject: TMBG: TMBG on the 'net... That's cool. there's a TMBG.com, TMBG.org, and TMBG.net. How about a TMBG.edu for education of new fans? TMBG.gov, a site made and about Prime Minister John, President John, and their congress (band). TMBG.mil -- They Might Be Militia. Just think about it! Rick Trying to think of some clever way of copying Lydia's "since 1837" thing without looking like a copycat -- since, oh, it's just not funny when I say it. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 16:22:52 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37D2D11C.C753772E@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: General Hospital and TMBG?! Nope, that's true. Flan's grandad's name was General Hospital. :o) -A MrBean43@aol.com wrote: > > Maybe he was joking, but it doesn't seem like it... > > Q: Who are the guys on the Lincoln cover and who pop up in some of your > videos? > > A: Have they popped up in our videos? Oh right, there's that one section. > Right. Those are our ancestors. The bearded guy is my great-grandfather, who > was a guy who lived out in Illinois in the middle of the nineteenth century. > And the other guy is Flansburgh's grandfather who was a General, actually, > and this is going to seem very silly and hard to believe but his name was > Hospital, so his name was General Hospital. We haven't told anybody because > no one would believe it, but that really was his name. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 16:26:28 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37D2D1F4.120F41E8@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: The guy... me too, but it's not driving me as crazy. -A RingOH@aol.com wrote: > > Someone please tell me who the guy in the Puppet Head, Don't Let's Start and > Hotel Detective videos is! It's driving me crazy! I knew who he was, but I > forgot... > > Rick "talking like Curtis Blow" Jennings ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199909052258.SAA18731@smtp.snet.net> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 18:49:18 -0400 Subject: TMBG: i'm BAAAAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAAAAAACK! i don't anyone noticed that i was missing, or even really bothered to care. but just in case you were wondering, i have returned from my lengthy absence. during that time, i've managed to move twice, start school, develop a great hatred towards biology and get entirely too busy for comfort. all in all, things are back to normal again. you can all breath once more, i have returned safe and sound. bob, you may have noticed my absense from your window the past few nights, but i'll fix that soon enough. never fear! i have come back to reclaim my territory! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! DAMN THE LETTER 'Q'! oh, and i lost Flood and the pink album, but gained Apollo 18, John Henry, and...and... um... another that i have yet to actually get. AND i finally got DFB. whew. ok. yeah. so. suffer my wrath. grr. -jen Bob and Lisa were having sex, when Bob saw a vision. He saw a talking penguin, and it spoke to him. The penguin said, "Bob, you are the chosen one. The meaning of life will be revealed to yo-" That's when Lisa hit him on the head with a shoe, and completely ruined to mood. That's when it was declared that sex was NOT the meaning of life. ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <44fe02eb.250465ee@aol.com> Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 20:33:50 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on the 'net... > Rick > Trying to think of some clever way of copying Lydia's "since 1837" thing > without looking like a copycat -- since, oh, it's just not funny when I say > it. You love me, you REALLY love me!! *breaks down into hysterical tears of joy* Lydia Being oversensitive and melodramatic since 1837! ------------------------------ From: Dexter Flansburgh Subject: TMBG: LimeZinger! Date: Sun, Sep 5 1999 23:45:39 GMT-0400 Message-Id: <03453929615551@tmbg.org> Sarah (or someone else who knows), could you please give me the address to your page with all the pics from TMBG's performances on Brave New World? If you're online, please mail them to me as soon as you can, to this address (not GhostKrabb). Thanks, it would be much appreciated! Love? What do you know of love?! Dexter M. Flansburgh * ------------------------------------------------------- Free vanity e-mail at http://www.mailworks.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990906042929.10186.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Todd Wetherbee" Subject: TMBG: mp3 question Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 21:29:28 PDT Hey everyone. I haven't been around for a while, although I'm sure you didn't miss me. But I'm going to smile at you anyway. :-) Now, I need a favor from you kind souls. I'm looking for TMBG mp3's. Live stuff or DAS. I've found some out there, but I crave more. So if you could send me some sites where I could look, I would be most appreciative. Thanks! Todd ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <6d63d0f9.2504d132@aol.com> Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 04:11:30 EDT Subject: TMBG: tmbg downhill? i find i love each cd in the reverse order in which it was released (with the exception of STD which i'd put one notch above flood) the full band gave them the tools they needed to record the songs the way they always wanted to. Factory showroom is the best album to date by them. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990906041433.00953e00@pop.prism.gatech.edu> Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 04:16:13 -0400 From: the hanged man Subject: Re: TMBG: mp3 question Let's see... the best site for rare stuff I think is http://twistid.com/tmbg/ also, TDK's site is good for live stuff. I don't recall the address, but I'm sure that you can find it by searching TDK They Might Be Giants at Yahoo. Later, the hanged man >Hey everyone. I haven't been around for a while, although I'm sure you >didn't miss me. But I'm going to smile at you anyway. > >:-) > >Now, I need a favor from you kind souls. I'm looking for TMBG mp3's. Live >stuff or DAS. I've found some out there, but I crave more. So if you could >send me some sites where I could look, I would be most appreciative. > >Thanks! > >Todd > >______________________________________________________ >Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <24fe3b3a.2504ed4a@aol.com> Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 06:11:22 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: LimeZinger! In a message dated 9/5/99 10:51:42 PM, Blood-Bank-Man@tmbg.org writes: >Sarah (or someone else who knows), could you please give me the address >to your page with all the pics from TMBG's performances on Brave New World? >If you're online, please mail them to me as soon as you can, to this address >(not GhostKrabb). Thanks, it would be much appreciated! > http://members.aol.com/limezinger/bravenewtmbg.html king weed's not up there yet, and i don't have a copy of the recent one yet. sarah ------------------------------ From: TMBGnMP@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 07:35:21 EDT Subject: TMBG: Info on Bowery Ballroom Shows Hi, I asked Operator Dot about the BB shows and she said that she wasn't sure about any age restrictions, but last time it was 18+ and the opening act will be You Were Spiralling. TMBGnMP@aol.com :) ------------------------------ From: CurlyMan4@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 10:07:20 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #21-6 Hello and I am a hard core tmbg FAN. They are the best and I would appreciate if all you TMBG fans would go to my site at angelfire.con/il2/thecritic/index.html Sincerely, Steve "The Critic" S. P.S. TMBG 4 Eva ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #21-7 *****************************