Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #23-1 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 23, Number 1 Monday, 1 November 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Can't get them of my mind! TMBG: Who's going? (11/13 TMBG and 11/14 JL) Re: TMBG: Re:John L is an Alice C fan. Re: TMBG: I Can't Wait For My Favorite One. Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <381BFDEA.17170ACB@pacificnet.net> Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 02:29:35 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Can't get them of my mind! "State Songs" has only been out six days and I estimate that I have heard it 12 time already. (Because I've listened to it twice a day, every day since it came out.) I can't remember the last time I listened to a CD that many times within such a short period of time. I might as well proclaim "State Songs" my favorite album of 1999 since its extremely unlikely that I will hear a more satisfying album during the remainder of the year. And yes that means it surpasses LTW (which will probably come in at number 2 or 3). And even when I'm not listening to "State Songs", they haunt me as fold laundry, take a shower, or wait in line at the bank. And I don't even get the urge to skip past the five songs from the Hello version even though I've been listening to them heavily for over a year. I saw "The Straight Story" today and I kept thinking about "Iowa" since that state is featured prominently in the movie. (Funny, it doesn't seem all that witchy to me.) Well, I could go on and on but all of you are probably just as enthusiastic about the album as I am. -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: <0.ee1e4fab.254db7cf@aol.com> Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 10:18:39 EST Subject: TMBG: Who's going? (11/13 TMBG and 11/14 JL) Well? Is anyone going to the 11/13 TMBG show in Amherst, MA or John Linnell's show the next dayin Piermont, NY? Just wondering, cause I'm going to both, and I'm curious to find out who from this ng I should be lookin out for. If anyone wants to look for me, I'm 6'2", black hair, and I'll be wearing my WDTSS shirt for the first show, then the Nightmare DAS for the second. My friend will be with me, he's about 6' with brown hair (don't know what shirts he'll be wearing). And my name is Derek. Feel free to hunt us down. PR Mega ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <0.a3029ce1.254e3b5e@aol.com> Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:39:58 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:John L is an Alice C fan. <> What exactly is the "Welcome to the Jungle/My Nightmare" thing? ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <0.33a4c0c3.254e3c05@aol.com> Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:42:45 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: I Can't Wait For My Favorite One. Does anyone else dislike the State Songs version of Pennsylvania? I prefer the keyboard version to the violin one. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #23-1 *****************************