Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #23-15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 23, Number 15 Monday, 15 November 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: disturbing, disturbing Re: TMBG: Re: disturbing, disturbing TMBG: CDNow Is The Winter Of My Discontent TMBG: Extra Krispy - French Re: TMBG: CDNow Is The Winter Of My Discontent TMBG: TMBG unplugged? TMBG: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 02:32:19 -0500 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Message-ID: <80lohk$12od$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: disturbing, disturbing WHO WILL LIVE AND WHO WILL DIE? is the diabolical work of Mr. Rob Plass, a friend of mine who I believe attended his 143th TMBG concert tonight. Way to go, Rob. You can often find him hanging around the tmbg,com chatroom under the name "Announcement". -Mike > i went to that site to find the state songs lyrics (very nice, by the way) > and at the bottom of that page, there is a link called WHO WILL LIVE AND WHO > WILL DIE. has anyone seen this? it's a most disturbing montage of possible > ways that the johns might die during a concert. whose page is this? i was > just a bit taken aback. > > linny ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.53c23da3.255fc4c4@aol.com> Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 02:54:44 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: disturbing, disturbing In a message dated 11/14/99 3:35:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tdk@tmbg.org writes: > WHO WILL LIVE AND WHO WILL DIE? is the diabolical work of Mr. Rob Plass, a > friend of mine who I believe attended his 143th TMBG concert tonight. Way to > go, Rob. You can often find him hanging around the tmbg,com chatroom under > the name "Announcement". > > -Mike Odd name for it, considering that both of them die, every time. And I hope They never find the site! Just what poor Mr. Linnell needs is a whole 'nother reason to fear people utterly. Flansy, however, might find entertainment in, for example, his shoulder becoming a liver and spraying liver juices all over the stage and audience... It sounds like something he might say at a concert, to freak people out :) Lydia WHO SHALL LIVE AND WHO SHALL TRANSMOGRIFY? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19991114200901.007ba370@student.anu.edu.au> Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 20:09:01 +1100 From: Ryan Mooney Subject: TMBG: CDNow Is The Winter Of My Discontent Regarding Bongo's problems with CDNow: >>The John Henry album "They Might Be Giants" was cancelled as our distributor >>is no longer able to get any copies of the item from the record label. >>They only had a limited amount to sell and once they were gone the item >>was removed from our website. > Actually, I thought it had been out of print for YEARS so when I saw >someone on this list mention they were offering it, I place my order >immediately. Now, I kind of doubt they even had any available. I think it was >an error. I can confirm this. In 1997 I worked in an Australian record store (the JH with bonus live disc is an Australia tour edition). In attempting to track this release down I accessed AEROS, a database of the availability of all records in Australia. Of anywhere, it would be easiest to get this release here, in the country of release. It turns out that the local distributor (Warner Music Australia) deleted the 2CD John Henry from its catalogue in January 1996. It was unavailble here for years before it appeared on the CDNow site. On another CDNow-Is-CDCrap note: My as yet unshipped order is for a phalanx of TMBG items - State Songs CD State Songs Tape Montana 12" Festival of Lights (i.e. Feast of Lights) Austin Powers 2/2 (i.e. Dr Evil) As of today, CDNow claims that both the Montana 12" and the State Songs tape are backordered. I am starting to suspect that the State Songs tape is an invention of CDNow, as I can't find any mention of it at Rounder/Zoe's website. Blast! - Ryan *** Last concert seen: GERLING / SPIDERBAIT 20/08/99 Canberra Last CD purchased: VARIOUS ARTISTS - We Might Be Giants, Too! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001f01bf2ead$55ed53e0$9eb3a4c1@squid> From: "unkle skwid: :diwks elkun" Subject: TMBG: Extra Krispy - French Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 14:34:01 -0000 Hello there mighty people, tis I, Unkle Skwid... I'M BACK! It's been a long time, baby! AGES ago, I mailed this list asking for the French in Monopuff's Extra Krispy. I was told to look on www.monopuff.org well, sure they have the French but I wanted a translation into English. Being the stubborn kinda creepy I am, I went to my French friend Tiana's house last night, strapped her to a chair and shone a light in her face until she was willing to translated for me. In retrospect, maybe I should have just asked her nicely, but here is what she made out of Flansy's French... Trent de pas de rles l'esastion - 30 steps Venez ici, s'il vous plait - come over here please Tu n'est pas angel - You not angel Mono Pouffe - Mono Puff Tu be d'or - you be gold Ami - friend ... and the bit later on in the song ... Bon, on y va - Well, Let's go Venez avec "me" - Come with "me" I'm still baffled as to what "Sineeliedee" means??? Anyone help? ~ Unkle Skwid: I've met Vicars who've shown me Jesus, I've tried Snickers and Malteasers... The Unkle Skwid site [ http://i.am/uncle_squid/ ] Carter USM fan chat [ http://rockin.to/carter_usm/ ] Tel: (01206) 502043 Mobile: (07940) 073299 Fax: (01206) 514682 ICQ: 12605535 NORMAL SERVICE IS ABOUT TO BE RESUMED... ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.c697eb4.25604c96@aol.com> Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 12:34:14 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: CDNow Is The Winter Of My Discontent In a message dated 11/14/99 4:08:33 AM Eastern Standard Time, s3174923@student.anu.edu.au writes: << As of today, CDNow claims that both the Montana 12" and the State Songs tape are backordered. I am starting to suspect that the State Songs tape is an invention of CDNow, as I can't find any mention of it at Rounder/Zoe's website. >> Well, I asked Operator Dot about the Montana single, and she and I both believe it has not been released by Rounder yet. The State Songs tape exists, because I had the choice of buying either the tape or the CD version of State Songs on amazon.com and I chose the latter -- so the tape probably is on backorder. Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <0.f3e8b5c3.2560a78a@aol.com> Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 19:02:18 EST Subject: TMBG: TMBG unplugged? Has there ever been such a thing? Not necessarily by that name, but a concert with Flansy on the acoustic guitat. If there is, and I can find songs on the web, please tell me! Thanks Rick ------------------------------ From: BirdhouseIYS@aol.com Message-ID: <0.54e27a0a.2560f0c9@aol.com> Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 00:14:49 EST Subject: TMBG: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Just wondering...did anyone manage to sneak a tape recorder into the 11/13 show in Amherst, MA? I got a camera in, and I'll put the pictures on my site if they come out good. And was anyone at Linnell's show in Piermont, NY tonight? Me and my friend were...I think the pics are gonna come out like crap, but the quality of the recording we got is friggin cool. If you want to set up a trade for it, e-mail prmega@aol.com. Harry Pyle ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #23-15 ******************************