Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #23-16 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 23, Number 16 Tuesday, 16 November 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: CDNow Is The Winter Of My Discontent Re: TMBG: Extra Krispy - French -Reply Re: TMBG: Extra Krispy - French -Reply TMBG: in Most Important albums of the 90s TMBG: Concerning Linnell's Spinning on Air radio show TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows TMBG: New States! New Songs! New Lyrics! Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows TMBG: A review of the Piermont show Re: TMBG: Extra Krispy - French -Reply Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows TMBG: bootlegs vs. shows Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows TMBG: FA: Long Tall Weekend & More Rare CDs Re: TMBG: New Newsletter! TMBG: What the--?! TMBG: Re: What the--?! TMBG: FREE!!! New Live State Songs mp3's!!! Re: TMBG: What the--?! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <382FE2A9.67D710DC@pacificnet.net> Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 02:38:37 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Re: CDNow Is The Winter Of My Discontent Ryan Mooney wrote: >I can confirm this. In 1997 I worked in an Australian record store (the JH >with bonus live disc is an Australia tour edition). In attempting to track >this release down I accessed AEROS, a database of the availability of all >records in Australia. Of anywhere, it would be easiest to get this release >here, in the country of release. It turns out that the local distributor >(Warner Music Australia) deleted the 2CD John Henry from its catalogue in >January 1996. It was unavailble here for years before it appeared on the >CDNow site. > >On another CDNow-Is-CDCrap note: My as yet unshipped order is for a phalanx >of TMBG items - > >State Songs CD >State Songs Tape >Montana 12" >Festival of Lights (i.e. Feast of Lights) >Austin Powers 2/2 (i.e. Dr Evil) > >As of today, CDNow claims that both the Montana 12" and the State Songs >tape are backordered. I am starting to suspect that the State Songs tape is >an invention of CDNow, as I can't find any mention of it at Rounder/Zoe's >website. I've come to this conclusions: When CDNow say that a CD is "backordered" it is really just a generic catchall excuse. Karen (the "Muse" one) says that the Montana single has been pushed backed to a later date while CDNow tells me that its merely "on back order". Their whole system is very automated so saying its on "backorder" is the best that they can do. I still have no idea why they listed the import version of "They Might Be Giants" by the band called "John Henry" as being available in the first place. But you know, despite all of my bitching about CDNow, I still think they are pretty cool. All of my complaints to their customers service have resulted in polite and personal replies. Also, its fun to browse their site and listen all the .wavs files of all the bands I've heard of and wanted to know more about. And yet, I think our complaints can make them even better. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000e01bf2f5b$2d69c8a0$c6b3a4c1@squid> From: "unkle skwid: :diwks elkun" Subject: Re: TMBG: Extra Krispy - French -Reply Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 11:18:24 -0000 Little me has been here, there and everywhere. Had a rather good time over last Christmas up until the end of Summer with a lady. That ended when she went off the Uni and I didn't take it too well. I became a bit of a hermit. Then I started a new course at college. Information Technology would you believe. I'm also still doing the odd bit of promoting work for such bands as Abdoujaparov and Jim's Super Stereoworld. Now I'm back to my old "laff a minute" self, living it large and acting like all 19 year olds should. Here's a question for all the TMBG folk out there... What TMBG song is best sung with just an acoustic guitar??? Me and a my little friend Nina are going to try and do a few gigs of Acoustic cover versions of songs and I want a TMBG song in there. Bare in mind, most of the songs will have to be "crowd pleasers". I also need a name for our group... so far we've concidered, "Rigsby", "Chaep Date", "Dirty Hetros" and a few others... This is all... ~ Unkle Skwid: One of us might lose his hair, but you're reminded that it once was there... The Unkle Skwid site [ http://i.am/uncle_squid/ ] Carter USM fan chat [ http://rockin.to/carter_usm/ ] Tel: (01206) 502043 Mobile: (07940) 073299 Fax: (01206) 514682 ICQ: 12605535 NORMAL SERVICE IS ABOUT TO BE RESUMED... ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 08:10:59 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Extra Krispy - French -Reply Message-ID: <19991115.081315.-288907.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> > What TMBG song > is best > sung with just an acoustic guitar??? I once heard an interview of flansy and his guitar singing New York City and it was amazing. greatest version of the song i've heard to date. :D "take it easy, JOrdaN" http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/3404/frustuff.html ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:54:20 -0500 From: Peter Ohlert Message-ID: <38302CAB.A56D8B2A@icdc.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: in Most Important albums of the 90s Flood was written up as one of the 20 most important albums of the 90s: They Might be Giants' 'Flood' (Elektra, 1990) TMBG is just too clever. With their third album, the duo busted out sharp, tight, insightful songs. Best described as artsy electro-pop with historical references and intelligent vocabulary, this album wreaked havoc on the status qho Here's the whole article: http://news.excite.com/news/uw/991109/entertainment-music-262 -- ****************** Peter Ohlert Web Developer Internet Connect, Inc. (877)GET-ICDC ohlert@icdc.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.9f93582d.25619a3c@aol.com> Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:17:48 EST Subject: TMBG: Concerning Linnell's Spinning on Air radio show Well, I e-mailed WNYC concerning my missing John Linnell's radio broadcast on Friday, asking if maybe they could offer it via Real audio on their website at www.wnyc.org, and this was the reply I received from David Garland himself, with the letter I had sent following it: Dear Karen, I'm sorry you missed the show! It was a lot of fun to have John on the program. I'll surely rebroadcast the show, though not for a few months at least. I'm afraid it can't be available on the web because there's a really inconvenient restriction on making available programs which contain more than two songs by one composer! If there's some way around that restriction I'll have them put that show on the web, because there are surely other TMBG fans who'd also like to hear it. In case you didn't know, John Linnell will be performing State Songs at the Bowery Ballroom Dec. 11. You really ought to drive more, so you miss less of our programming! Stay Tuned, David Garland > -----Original Message----- > From: MuseKJ@aol.com [SMTP:MuseKJ@aol.com] > Sent: Saturday, November 13, 1999 9:35 PM > To: music@wnyc.org > Subject: Concerning a "Spinning on Air" show... > > Dear WNYC, > > I had heard yesterday, only too late, that John Linnell was on David > Garland's program, "Spinning on Air" last night. I am a very big fan of > Mr. Linnell, and I was wondering if it would be possible for you to put > an audio (such as Real Audio) version of yesterday's show up on your > website archives? It would be the only way I could hear it. > I love your station, and listen to it when I can (which is usually in the > car) :-) > Thank you so much, > Karen Riley > MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:41:16 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <383045BC.D2F2B2EB@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Maybe I'm the only one, but I'd feel incredibly guilty if I were to sneak a tape recorder into a TMBG concert. That's ripping them off. I want the Johns to have some of my money. Besides, the whole idea behind a live show is that it's LIVE. Once you've recorded it, you've lost it, no matter what your reasoning is. So there is my opinion. Have a great day. :o) "I'd rather be whistling in the dark," -A BirdhouseIYS@aol.com wrote: > > Just wondering...did anyone manage to sneak a tape recorder into the 11/13 > show in Amherst, MA? I got a camera in, and I'll put the pictures on my site > if they come out good. > > And was anyone at Linnell's show in Piermont, NY tonight? Me and my friend > were...I think the pics are gonna come out like crap, but the quality of the > recording we got is friggin cool. If you want to set up a trade for it, > e-mail prmega@aol.com. > > Harry Pyle ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38304982.9BD7B5C3@fruhead.com> Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:57:22 -0500 From: lawrence solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Adrienne Spruill wrote: > > Maybe I'm the only one, but I'd feel incredibly guilty if I were to > sneak a tape recorder into a TMBG concert. That's ripping them off. I > want the Johns to have some of my money. Besides, the whole idea behind > a live show is that it's LIVE. Once you've recorded it, you've lost it, > no matter what your reasoning is. So there is my opinion. Have a great > day. :o) it's not really ripping them off - they get paid for the show, and a bootleg is certainly not a substitute for their actual albums. nor is it a substitute for actually being there. it's not like people are getting bootlegs and NOT going to shows. in fact, most people I know who have listened to bootlegs have wanted to go to MORE shows because of it. the only time it can be really said to take money away from the Johns is when people are selling the tapes for a profit. (on the idea that if one person could sell them, then the Johns could make a killing by taping all their shows and selling them, but if people are trading or selling at cost or whatever, that isn't money that would otherwise go to TMBG) I think we should worry more about people who insist on getting MP3s of album tracks instead of buying the albums themselves. Because those people *are* ripping off TMBG. -- lawrence solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "You knew it was true, when I held you, there were no secrets. I believed it." -Moxy Fruvous, _I Will Hold On_ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <445F423C4F7BD211893900A0C9E456415775D5@mail.schicktech.com> From: Robert Plass Subject: TMBG: New States! New Songs! New Lyrics! Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:00:48 -0500 Hello exquisite living people, I've updated the State Songs Lyrics page to include the new states, Alaska, Nebraska and Ohio. Go to http://i.am/announcement/ and click where it says, "State Songs Lyrics". The mp3's are on their way. I got a great A+ quality recording of the show last night, so they should be good. Love, Rob Plass --- ----- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:25:10 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <38306C26.6632E57A@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Actually, it is. Most folks make bootlegs and give them to people who weren't at the show. I have three from my days as a Smashing Pumpkins fan. So, now SP are out the cost of 3 concerts and whatever it would have cost to BUY the songs they played at the show. "I'd rather be whistling in the dark," -A it's not like people are getting bootlegs and NOT > going to shows. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991115205036.21436.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:50:36 PST Adrienne Spruill wrote: >Actually, it is. Most folks make bootlegs and give them to people who >weren't at the show. I have three from my days as a Smashing Pumpkins >fan. So, now SP are out the cost of 3 concerts and whatever it would >have cost to BUY the songs they played at the show. How are the Smashing Pumpkins missing out on the cost of the concerts? I doubt the people who received the bootlegs didn't go to the concert because they didn't want the Pumpkins getting any of their money; they probably had other reasons. And there's no way that the band would have made any money from the songs played at that concert after it was over, anyway, unless they were putting them on a live album. Sure, they might be studio versions of those songs, but that's not the same thing. -- Relaxing on my hands and knees, relaxing on my face, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199911152134.QAA09323@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:34:35 -0500 (EST) > Actually, it is. Most folks make bootlegs and give them to people who > weren't at the show. I have three from my days as a Smashing Pumpkins > fan. So, now SP are out the cost of 3 concerts and whatever it would > have cost to BUY the songs they played at the show. > I think I understand where you are coming from. But I don't know if I agree with you. You are arguing that a friend might bootleg a show and then give you a tape or CD of the show and thus you won't go out and buy the actual studio album(s) that these songs appeared on. Thus, the band is losing the revenues from those fans who don't go and buy those albums. The way I look at it, if you are getting bootlegs from a band, 99% of the time you like that band enough already to either have all of their albums or you were about to purchase their albums or perhaps you hadn't heard them very much but enjoyed them enough to take a listen before buying. Unless someone gave me a bootleg totally out of the blue and I didn't like the band at all, I can't imagine that you wouldn't be interested in buying their albums. I wouldn't want to get bootlegs from bands unless I liked them quite a bit, but that's just me. You don't often find people making boots for all his friends and their brother because it takes time to copy the boot and throw it on tape/CD and buy those tapes/CDs. On top of that, if you're getting a boot from someone over the Internet I'd imagine you'd have to like the band A LOT. Why go to all that trouble otherwise? I suppose there are a very few cases where people have received boots and haven't cared enough to get at least an album or two, but I can't imagine that happens very often. -Matt ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.ee8dbbc.2561d73a@aol.com> Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:38:02 EST Subject: TMBG: A review of the Piermont show Here's a link to a review on Linnell's show last night in Piermont, NY...there's a few mistakes, but all in all a great review. http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=493911953/pagename=/RP/ALLSTAR/articl e.html/fid=156229 Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991115214436.44417.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Ian Power" Subject: Re: TMBG: Extra Krispy - French -Reply Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:44:36 EST I have always liked "It's Not My Birthday" and "Narrow your Eyes (first verse)" > What TMBG song > is best > sung with just an acoustic guitar??? Awake but still in bed, Ian Power ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:29:11 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <38308937.D849E97B@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows If I don't go to a concert, I don't pay $25. ($25 that goes towards the band) But if I get a bootleg, then I DID get to hear the concert without paying the $25 that goes towards the band...following me? -A Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > > Adrienne Spruill wrote: > >Actually, it is. Most folks make bootlegs and give them to people who > >weren't at the show. I have three from my days as a Smashing Pumpkins > >fan. So, now SP are out the cost of 3 concerts and whatever it would > >have cost to BUY the songs they played at the show. > > How are the Smashing Pumpkins missing out on the cost of the concerts? I > doubt the people who received the bootlegs didn't go to the concert because > they didn't want the Pumpkins getting any of their money; they probably had > other reasons. And there's no way that the band would have made any money > from the songs played at that concert after it was over, anyway, unless they > were putting them on a live album. Sure, they might be studio versions of > those songs, but that's not the same thing. > -- > Relaxing on my hands and knees, relaxing on my face, > Nathan > DinnerBell@tmbg.org > http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ > > ______________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <006f01bf2fb7$79ed51e0$47031fce@maxweb.com> From: "Colleen McClanahan" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:19:25 -0500 I understand what you're saying.. but very few people would rather have a second-hand recording than go to a live show. You can't rival the live concert experience with a bootlegged tape or cd. So how many people are going to opt for a bootleg rather than go to a concert? It's cheaper, but it's hardly the same. Just a thought. :) Colleeen Anne ----- Original Message ----- From: Adrienne Spruill To: Sent: Monday, November 15, 1999 5:29 PM Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows > If I don't go to a concert, I don't pay $25. ($25 that goes towards the > band) But if I get a bootleg, then I DID get to hear the concert > without paying the $25 that goes towards the band...following me? > -A > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991115222905.19764.rocketmail@web302.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:29:05 -0800 (PST) From: Christine Sinacore Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows I have a suggestion to stop all of this... Why don't all of the people selling bootlegs only sell them AT the concerts. The bootleggers would get paid. They Might Be Giants would get paid. And the buyers would have a handy CD to take home with them. That way we can all be happy. Me. You. They Might Be Giants. Oh...that is so beautiful. I need a tissue... Christine PS Iowa IS a witch. __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38308BB4.F8A75B9B@fruhead.com> Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:39:48 -0500 From: lawrence solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Adrienne Spruill wrote: > > If I don't go to a concert, I don't pay $25. ($25 that goes towards the > band) But if I get a bootleg, then I DID get to hear the concert > without paying the $25 that goes towards the band...following me? except that you're not separating "not going to a concert" and "not being able to go to a concert." if someone actively decides "eh, I don't need to go to the show because I'll get the bootleg for far less money," then that's bad, and *is* depriving the band of money and an audience member at that show. but if you live on the west coast and get a bootleg of an east coast show, how does that take away money from anyone? I seriously doubt that *anyone* would get a bootleg instead of going to a show. most people get them because they either enjoyed a particular show (which means they were there) or because they couldn't go to a show, and want to hear it. -- lawrence solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "You knew it was true, when I held you, there were no secrets. I believed it." -Moxy Fruvous, _I Will Hold On_ ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199911152253.RAA21022@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: TMBG: bootlegs vs. shows Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:53:29 -0500 (EST) How many people have traded/bought/received bootlegs of bands that they don't like very much? I imagine that number is very small. How many people have done the same to a band they have yet to hear? Again, probably very small. How many people have heard a band and not seen them in concert perhaps because they didn't know they were in town or they have never been near your town? Ok, that number might be a bit bigger, but not a lot bigger. Of course, that's not the population of people Adrienne is talking about, she is speaking of people who actively avoid a concert because they don't feel like paying for it and instead opt for a free, or very inexpensive bootleg. Well, I would imagine that number would have to be EXTRAordinarily low. I guess in a way this could be some sort of survey, but how many people actually get bootlegs of bands that they've never heard or have heard but only like minimally? My point is, I'm not even going to bother with bootlegs unless I like a band a lot. I always thought people generally only buy bootlegs because they like a band a lot. Otherwise, why go to the effort? Therefore, if you like the band that much, it's an injustice to not go to the concert when they come into town. I can't imagine (unless you had a previous engagement, were in the hospital, etc.) that you'd miss the opportunity to see them live. It just seems like such a small population of people who'd do what you're describing to even put a dent in their concert sales at all. And who knows, perhaps those few people will like the bootleg so much that they'll decide to buy a new CD of theirs or go to the next concert in town. And to the person who said to sell bootlegs in concert. Well, knowing most musicians, they tend to be too hard on themselves saying all of their music is crap and could sound better, be produced better, even though we know it sounds great. Perhaps it's just humility or even just lack of interest in being involved in one more thing--selling bootlegs. But it is a bit of publicity for them and most likely can sell a few more CDs or get a few more people in the door at their concerts. -Matt ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991115225431.61342.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:54:31 PST Christine Sinacore wrote: >I have a suggestion to stop all of this... > >Why don't all of the people selling bootlegs only sell >them AT the concerts. The bootleggers would get paid. >They Might Be Giants would get paid. And the buyers >would have a handy CD to take home with them. > That way we can all be happy. Me. You. They Might Be >Giants. But NOT the record companies, unfortunately. -- Relaxing on my hands and knees, relaxing on my face, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991115225939.24567.rocketmail@web302.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:59:39 -0800 (PST) From: Christine Sinacore Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Well, we would drug them beforehand so that they would have no memory of the event... See. I can solve anything. What else do you got for me? --- Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > Christine Sinacore wrote: > >I have a suggestion to stop all of this... > > > >Why don't all of the people selling bootlegs only > sell > >them AT the concerts. The bootleggers would get > paid. > >They Might Be Giants would get paid. And the buyers > >would have a handy CD to take home with them. > > That way we can all be happy. Me. You. They Might > Be > >Giants. > > But NOT the record companies, unfortunately. > -- > Relaxing on my hands and knees, relaxing on my face, > Nathan > DinnerBell@tmbg.org > http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ > > ______________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free Email at > http://www.hotmail.com > __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991115230249.65983.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: 11/13 and 11/14 shows Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:02:49 PST Christine Sinacore wrote: >Well, we would drug them beforehand so that they would >have no memory of the event... Ah. Good plan. >--- Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > > Christine Sinacore wrote: > > >I have a suggestion to stop all of this... > > > > > >Why don't all of the people selling bootlegs only > > sell > > >them AT the concerts. The bootleggers would get > > paid. > > >They Might Be Giants would get paid. And the buyers > > >would have a handy CD to take home with them. > > > That way we can all be happy. Me. You. They Might > > Be > > >Giants. > > > > But NOT the record companies, unfortunately. -- Relaxing on my hands and knees, relaxing on my face, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <00c901bf2fc4$541c4ea0$c0c14e0c@davidlev> From: "vig" Subject: TMBG: FA: Long Tall Weekend & More Rare CDs Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:51:17 -0500 I have a few rare They Might Be Giants CDs up for auction on eBay. Long Tall Weekened - The original promo with the full color artwork NOT A CD-R http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200892677 Hello '93 Sampler - Single disc 10 track promo sampler w/ 1 track each from 1993 groups http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200930703 Then - Single Disc 15 track promo sampler in cool sleeve http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200915327 Factory Showroom - Promo Advance CD w/ backing bio card http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200922690 All items have pictures on eBay. All auctions end Sunday, November 21st. Thanks for looking David ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19991115222133.009ec6d0@pop.prism.gatech.edu> Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 22:22:22 -0500 From: the hanged man Subject: Re: TMBG: New Newsletter! *Sigh* Why do I never get the newsletter? No matter how many times apply, even if I send my info to Operator Dot... *sniffle* At 02:30 PM 11/9/99 -0800, -=eRiCh=- wrote: >I got a new newsletter in the mail today with a kick ass cover from the >Older video! its got some sweet new information! > >-=eRiCh=- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199911160442.XAA144470@f04n05.cac.psu.edu> Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 23:39:24 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: TMBG: What the--?! Anyone know what's up with these? http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=493911953/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/alb um.html/ArtistID=THEY+MIGHT+BE+GIANTS/itemid=857561 http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=493911953/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/alb um.html/ArtistID=THEY+MIGHT+BE+GIANTS/itemid=857562 --Jason-- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 22:55:03 -0600 From: "John David Crafton" Message-ID: <80qo74$9kn$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: What the--?! Jason Fickley wrote in message news:199911160442.XAA144470@f04n05.cac.psu.edu... > Anyone know what's up with these? > > http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=493911953/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/alb > um.html/ArtistID=THEY+MIGHT+BE+GIANTS/itemid=857561 > > http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=493911953/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/alb > um.html/ArtistID=THEY+MIGHT+BE+GIANTS/itemid=857562 > > --Jason-- They're bad, man. -- John David Crafton Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into yours and join the fun! Logic Rules, and so do I. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3830E55F.6BD2@asan.com> Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 00:02:23 -0500 From: "Robert J. Plass" Organization: Schick Technologies, Inc. - The Leader in Digital Radiography Subject: TMBG: FREE!!! New Live State Songs mp3's!!! Hello exquisite living people, Okay, I uploaded the three new State Songs that John performed on Sunday at the Turning Point. Click where it says, "Alaska | Nebraska | Ohio" to download the files. I already posted the lyrics onto my page. Love, Rob Plass --- ----- ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.4475c982.25624d12@aol.com> Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 01:00:50 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: What the--?! In a message dated 11/15/99 11:47:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, jdf179@psu.edu writes: << Anyone know what's up with these? http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=493911953/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/alb um.html/ArtistID=THEY+MIGHT+BE+GIANTS/itemid=857561 http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=493911953/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/alb um.html/ArtistID=THEY+MIGHT+BE+GIANTS/itemid=857562 --Jason-- >> From what I've been able to unearth, they are going to be new "greatest hits" TMBG compilations...put out by BMG Special Products (which is a record company). Karen :-) MuseKJ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #23-16 ******************************