Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #23-18 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 23, Number 18 Thursday, 18 November 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Ixnay on the Ebay TMBG: Re: Peter Pan Sequel TMBG: bootlegging Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <38328F0D.824F7AC7@pacificnet.net> Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 03:18:40 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Ixnay on the Ebay Amy Greenlese wrote: >I personally am not against taping concerts then *trading* the tapes, >but it's people like this guy on ebay that ruin it for us. >http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=201518281 >write to the guy or to ebay ( safeharbor@ebay.com) Good idea! I'm happy to say that I've busted three TMBG ebay bootleggers recently. Two were selling LTW CDRs and one was selling a collection of CDRs that included "Flood". I wrote ebay and in every case, they stopped the auction. If I had the time, I would bust a lot more of these guys. Remember, ebay will gladly cancel these auctions. Its just up to us to report them. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 13:57:18 -0500 From: "Mark D. Beissel" Message-ID: <3832FA8D.6B05DF95@ameritech.net> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Peter Pan Sequel -=eRiCh=- wrote: > > Hmmm.... I just heard on Conan O'Brien tonight in his monolouge he said that > "Disney has cancelled their plans for a peter pan sequel" which we all know > has several newly created tmbg songs, incedently it was a rerun of the Mike > Viola and the Candy Butchers episode. But anyway that sucks that its > cancelled! I wonder what will come of the songs? would they work for an > album or will the be scrapped? "Peter and Jane" was sent back for retooling(not cancelled, as Conan said) a while ago(when the ep. of Conan first aired). It is now back on track and called "Return To Neverland". The good news here is that now there are three TMBG songs instead of just one. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19991017212243.008ada80@idt.net> Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 21:22:43 -0400 From: Michael Hooker Subject: TMBG: bootlegging hi, i think there is a progression with bands, regarding bootlegging. a band starting out could only wish that someone liked them enough to bother to record a gig. an established band like TMBG, with a small ( by industry standards) fan base would seem to benefit from tape trading. its a lot easier to turn someone on to a band with a "free" live gig, than to tell them to buy a 16 dollar cd they may hate. a band that is so big that they no longer need the support of traders makes obscene amounts of money, so why should they care about a small amount of traders( as opposed to scum who sell boots for profit). they may say they want artistic control, but if they think their shows arent good enough for distribution, then they ought to give back the ticket money to the people who were at that gig. my rule of thumb: cool artists dont hassle honest fan traders, suck bands with attitudes do. have fun, Mike Hooker ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #23-18 ******************************