Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #23-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 23, Number 23 Tuesday, 23 November 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Linnell Setlist? TMBG: John Linnell Tape (11/14) TMBG: Troubadour Tonight Re: TMBG: Linnell Setlist? TMBG: House of Mayors TMBG: Re: House of Mayors Re: TMBG: Re: House of Mayors Re: TMBG: Re: House of Mayors Re: TMBG: Re: House of Mayors Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.6c8f96a0.256aab99@aol.com> Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 09:22:17 EST Subject: TMBG: Linnell Setlist? Hello everyone, I was wondering if anybody here had a setlist for Linnell's show at the Coach House in SJ Capistrano, CA yesterday? Anybody who was there, please tell us how it went! Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: <0.36a54910.256ab614@aol.com> Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:07:00 EST Subject: TMBG: John Linnell Tape (11/14) OK...everyone who e-mailed me requesting a copy of the Linnell show on 11/14, can you e-mail me again? Sorry, but my computer crashed, and I lost everyone's addresses. Thanks. PR Mega ------------------------------ From: garrett27@juno.com Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:17:21 -0800 Subject: TMBG: Troubadour Tonight Message-ID: <19991122.171724.-174835.1.Garrett27@juno.com> I forgot to ask, who is going to the Troubadour tonight and who else went to last nights show at the Coach House? I'm gonna be leaving in a while, so see you when the show starts. Garrett ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: garrett27@juno.com Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:22:15 -0800 Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell Setlist? Message-ID: <19991122.172218.-174835.2.Garrett27@juno.com> I don't have a setlist but I did go to the show...This was my first time seeing Linnell live (TMBG included) so I don't know how it is in comparison to other shows. But I loved it! The audience seemed to like the car alarm. I decided against bringing a tape recorder and a camera just because I didn't want to spoil the experience with worrying about equipment and such. If you really want a video of it, I saw that the opening band Army of Freshmen had a camcorder up in the box seats and I don't know if they recorded the Linnell portion or just themselves, but you could always try contacting them. John was awesome...not quite what I expected in person, but in a good, freaky, mysterious way. He came out with his coffee mug and they started with Songs of the 50 States. Here, I'll take a stab at the order...this is the best I can do. but I don't guarantee it's truthity: Songs of the 50 States Idaho Alaska South Carolina Utah Pennsylvania Mississippi Iowa Michigan New Hampshire Maine Oregon Montana Arkansas Encore: Ohio, West Virginia There were two opening acts: Army of Freshmen - A band from Ventura, which was weird because that's where I live and to see them so far from home at this concert was weird. I did really like this band. College students maybe? I can never tell, but they were a lot more professional than the next band. Something Corporate - A local band from around San Juan Capistrano. Apparently they drew in like a third of the audience to the show who left after the group performed. And these were high school kids who talked way too much ("Oh, that guy over there just looked at me! I'm just gonna die!" I wish she did.) Some of them were saying "I don't know who the main act guy is, let's go now". I didn't think the music was wonderful and the lead singer's voice made me wanna shoot somebody, although he could play the piano pretty well. These guys were high school students. Army of Freshmen played for half an hour, then Something Corporate played for a whole freaking hour! John ended up coming in at 10:00 and the show started at 8:00. Okay, my griping is over. Garrett - And yes I am in high school too, that just means I get to complain even more about the idiots that were there ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:52:50 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: House of Mayors Message-ID: <25213-3839F372-7440@storefull-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> How come Linnell hasn't been performing any HOM material at his live shows? And, does anyone know if he plans on releasing a full HOM L.P.? The Hello version is good, but he could do so much more! Your's...somewhat, Dexter M. Flansburgh ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 20:24:08 -0600 From: "John David Crafton" Message-ID: <81ctsb$22o2$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: House of Mayors "Dexter Flansburgh" wrote in message news:25213-3839F372-7440@storefull-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net... > How come Linnell hasn't been performing any HOM material at his live > shows? answer: it's a State Songs tour. ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 21:36:46 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: House of Mayors Message-ID: <21598-383A27EE-11944@storefull-244.iap.bryant.webtv.net> How come Linnell hasn't been performing any HOM material at his live shows? answer: it's a State Songs tour. So? That's hardly a reason. When bands are on tour for new albums, that doesn't stop them from playing their previous songs, does it? No. All it does is add new material to the setlist. TMBG are currently on tour promoting Long Tall Weekend, but they don't just play songs off of that. You still hear Particle Man, Ana Ng, etc. So I say, throw in some Will You Love Me In December As You Do In May? Some, DeWitt Clinton. He's not restricted to only State Songs. Your's...somewhat, Dexter M. Flansburgh ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 00:54:42 -0600 From: "John David Crafton" Message-ID: <81ddnr$2bb8$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: House of Mayors "Dexter Flansburgh" wrote in message news:21598-383A27EE-11944@storefull-244.iap.bryant.webtv.net... > How come Linnell hasn't been performing any HOM material at his live > shows? > answer: it's a State Songs tour. > > So? That's hardly a reason. When bands are on tour for new albums, that > doesn't stop them from playing their previous songs, does it? No. All it > does is add new material to the setlist. TMBG are currently on tour > promoting Long Tall Weekend, but they don't just play songs off of that. > You still hear Particle Man, Ana Ng, etc. So I say, throw in some Will > You Love Me In December As You Do In May? Some, DeWitt Clinton. He's not > restricted to only State Songs. > > Your's...somewhat, > Dexter M. Flansburgh > You have a point... BUT... you said albums. State Songs is his only solo ALBUM. there are no past albums to pull songs from. yes, there are EPs, but no albums. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 00:56:23 -0600 From: "John David Crafton" Message-ID: <81ddr1$2beo$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: House of Mayors btw, my point is totally moot, so please, don't reply. thanks. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #23-23 ******************************