Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #23-3 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 23, Number 3 Wednesday, 3 November 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Re: Montana e.p. cover art? Re: TMBG: Re: Montana e.p. cover art? TMBG: Sunday show, NYC TMBG: Re: TMBG are slowly climbing up the poll :-) Re: TMBG: No, NO, NOOOO! (formerly: Let's make TMBG TMBG: Re: TMBG are slowly climbing up the poll :-) NON-TMBG: MP & Lincoln Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG are slowly climbing up the poll :-) Re: TMBG: Montana e.p. cover art? Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG are slowly climbing up the poll :-) Re: NON-TMBG: MP & Lincoln Re: NON-TMBG: MP & Lincoln Re: NON-TMBG: MP & Lincoln TMBG: that Turning Point show on Nov. 14th Re: TMBG: Montana e.p. cover art? TMBG: TMBG on Daily Show!? Re: TMBG: TMBG on Daily Show!? TMBG: Re: TMBG on Daily Show!? Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG on Daily Show!? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 06:35:40 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Montana e.p. cover art? Message-ID: <15996-381EF6BC-228@storefull-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Does anyone know if there's anywhere I can get a copy of the cover art for the Montana/Louisiana e.p.? might be hard, considering that it hasn't been released yet. I thought it came out the same day as State Songs. Your's...somewhat, Dexter M. Flansburgh ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991102152157.50090.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Kristina Panos" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Montana e.p. cover art? Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 09:21:57 CST >Does anyone know if there's anywhere I can get a copy of the cover art >for the Montana/Louisiana e.p.? >might be hard, considering that it hasn't been released yet. > >I thought it came out the same day as State Songs. Nein. The coveted vinyl-only Montana single will be released on November 9th. I should know. I preordered it, and I was a little pissed off that they couldn't guarantee it. Kristina "What are you staring at?" Panos ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Joshua Fried Message-Id: <199911021612.LAA25341@echonyc.com> Subject: TMBG: Sunday show, NYC Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 11:12:37 -0500 (EST) Dear tmbg list- Amy Cox and I will premiere the first two parts of our forthcoming big piece, VAILALA MADNESS. I'm excited by the way it's turning out. Please come. WHEN: Sunday, November 7th 1999, 3pm WHERE: "Sundays at 3" 92nd Street Y Harkness Dance Center Buttenweiser Hall 1395 Lexington Ave, at 92nd Street, New York City HOW MUCH: $10 Reservations: (212) 415-5553 WHAT: VAILALA MADNESS Choreography: Amy Cox Original score: Joshua Fried, commissioned by Amy Cox & Dancers Headdresses: Gustavo Asto Costumes: Ann Ogden Danced by Amy Cox, Phillip Karg, Kristi Spessard Post-show discussion with the artists! WHY: I find Amy's work powerful and mysterious, and in my highly biased opinion this is her best piece yet. I'll quote her regarding my own contribution: Part One: "Exquisite", Part Two "One long holy orgasm." None of it sounds like the work I've done with Flans and Linnell, but that's the way it goes. *** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** www.echonyc.com/~joshua ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 11:42:59 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <381F1493.BF94D893@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG are slowly climbing up the poll :-) Our John's are in 3rd place as of 11:35 EST with 257 votes. Only behind Tony Orlando and Trent Reznor. :o) Just call me the Rabid Child, -A MuseKJ@aol.com wrote: > > << Hey everybody, > > I found this link for a poll someone's doing for a VH1 "Greatest Men in > Music" special...they've already reached 73 points, and now have their > picture printed up there. They are now in 10th place, and as of yesterday, > they beat the Rolling Stones. You are allowed to vote once a day. > > http://www.freevote.com/booth/ltimeninrock > >> > Now TMBG are at 118 points, are at # 6 in the poll, and are nipping at the > heels of The Bee Gees and Michael Jackson :-) ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <0.3a1ed3a5.25506e02@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 11:40:34 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: No, NO, NOOOO! (formerly: Let's make TMBG In a message dated 11/1/99 8:17:09 PM, powerwings19@hotmail.com writes: >Calm down a bit. Did you complain when Flansy was voted 3rd most >influential person of the 20th century? If they wanted real numbers, they > >wouldn't be asking the fans. > hehe. and if you think about it, we're sort of obligated. we have a reputation to uphold. someone on the conan o'brien newsgroup noticed i was a tmbg fan from my newsgroup sig, and said "they are the net darlings, aren't they? did you hear about how the fans got them into the most beautiful people poll?" hehehe.. >So what's gonna happen to Chess Piece Face? >-Ian Power > >PS - TMBG is in 4th with 192 and closing in on Boy George! (another silly > >addition) they're well past 200 now.. i tried to vote today, and it said i used up too many votes today. what in the hell? okay.. sarah ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 10:57:31 -0600 From: "John David Crafton" Message-ID: <7vn562$21ma$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG are slowly climbing up the poll :-) Hey, guess what. i just voted number 267. this puts the Johns in second place, right on the heels of Trent Reznor. Go Johns! -- John David Crafton Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into yours and join the fun! That is all. Adrienne Spruill wrote in message news:381F1493.BF94D893@epix.net... > Our John's are in 3rd place as of 11:35 EST with 257 votes. Only behind > Tony Orlando and Trent Reznor. :o) > > Just call me the Rabid Child, > -A > > MuseKJ@aol.com wrote: > > > > << Hey everybody, > > > > I found this link for a poll someone's doing for a VH1 "Greatest Men in > > Music" special...they've already reached 73 points, and now have their > > picture printed up there. They are now in 10th place, and as of yesterday, > > they beat the Rolling Stones. You are allowed to vote once a day. > > > > http://www.freevote.com/booth/ltimeninrock > > >> > > Now TMBG are at 118 points, are at # 6 in the poll, and are nipping at the > > heels of The Bee Gees and Michael Jackson :-) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199911021954.OAA123866@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 14:54:18 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: NON-TMBG: MP & Lincoln Marcy Playground thanks Lincoln in the liner notes of their new album. Just thought some of you might like to know. By the way it's awesome, so go get it now if you haven't already :) It's called 'Shapeshifter'. --Jason-- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991102201218.28692.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Ian Power" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG are slowly climbing up the poll :-) Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 15:12:18 EST TMBG is now at 302, but in third behind Tony Orlando and Trent Reznor So, what's gonna happen to chess piece face? -Ian Power ----Original Message Follows---- >From: "John David Crafton" >Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG are slowly climbing up the poll :-) >Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 10:57:31 -0600 > >Hey, guess what. i just voted number 267. this puts the Johns in >second >place, right on the heels of Trent Reznor. Go Johns! > > >-- John David Crafton >Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into yours and join the fun! >That is all. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Message-ID: <0.844a02dd.2550a2da@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 15:26:02 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Montana e.p. cover art? In a message dated 11/2/99 12:24:58 AM Eastern Standard Time, GhostKrabb@webtv.net writes: << Does anyone know if there's anywhere I can get a copy of the cover art for the Montana/Louisiana e.p.? >> There is no cover art. It is a clear wrapped green vinyl shaped like the US. Linnell showed it to us at the instore. Jordan ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 17:14:05 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <381F622D.91FD0989@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG are slowly climbing up the poll :-) 214! when does this end? maybe if i read the web page it would tell me, but why do that? Just call me the Rabid child, -A Ian Power wrote: > > TMBG is now at 302, but in third behind Tony Orlando and Trent Reznor > > So, what's gonna happen to chess piece face? > -Ian Power > > ----Original Message Follows---- > >From: "John David Crafton" > >Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG are slowly climbing up the poll :-) > >Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 10:57:31 -0600 > > > >Hey, guess what. i just voted number 267. this puts the Johns in >second > >place, right on the heels of Trent Reznor. Go Johns! > > > > > >-- John David Crafton > >Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into yours and join the fun! > >That is all. > > ______________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 17:34:16 -0500 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: MP & Lincoln Message-ID: <19991102.174020.-302049.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> > Marcy Playground thanks Lincoln in the liner notes of their new > album. Just > thought some of you might like to know. By the way it's awesome, so > go get > it now if you haven't already :) It's called 'Shapeshifter'. hehee... i'm actually kind of surprised to see how large teh crossover between marcy fans and tmbg fans is. I think once people get beyond the whole sex and candy thing and see how excellent the band is - there are a lot of parallels between the two bands. Anyways, i'm gonna be at the mercury lounge tonight for at least the first of the two marcy sets. Blinker The Star (an *awesome* canadian band) are opening the late show. If you're in the hood - rumor has it that Chris Temple of Lincoln is making a cameo sometime during the night (mind you, that's only rumor). I'm all about it. come say :hi: if you see me :D "take it easy, JOrdaN" http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/3404/frustuff.html ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <0.989e18af.2550c69c@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 17:58:36 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: MP & Lincoln In a message dated 11/2/99 5:51:49 PM, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: > Blinker The Star (an *awesome* canadian >band) are opening the late show. ahh... i just saw them opening for sloan on saturday. they were one of the better opening bands that i've seen. i'd probably rank 'em tied with the deadly snakes at #3, right under lincoln who were #2. (the odds were #1.) sarah, who probably forgot a band (i almost forgot the odds there, whups) ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <0.c839c1d4.2550c7b7@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 18:03:19 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: MP & Lincoln In a message dated 11/2/99 6:00:18 PM, LimeZinger@aol.com writes: > >ahh... i just saw them opening for sloan on saturday. they were one of >the >better opening bands that i've seen. i'd probably rank 'em tied with >the >deadly snakes at #3, right under lincoln who were #2. (the odds were #1.) > >sarah, who probably forgot a band (i almost forgot the odds there, whups) i did. i saw rufus wainwright. i love him, but he was kind of a downer for being an opening act. so, a pointless reply to my own pointless post? sarah ------------------------------ From: Azelma1115@aol.com Message-ID: <0.3d832630.2550c8a4@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 18:07:16 EST Subject: TMBG: that Turning Point show on Nov. 14th How much are tickets, and how do I get 'em? That is all. Beth ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.c63ba5bb.25510fbc@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 23:10:36 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Montana e.p. cover art? In a message dated 11/2/99 4:28:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, HallOfEyes@aol.com writes: > There is no cover art. It is a clear wrapped green vinyl shaped like the US. > > Linnell showed it to us at the instore. > Oooh, I don't have a record player but where can I GET it?? Lydia That sounds so cool!! ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 23:30:39 -0500 Subject: TMBG: TMBG on Daily Show!? Message-ID: <19991102.233040.-302049.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> HEy HEy!! one of my friends got tickets to see the daily show (with jon stewart) on November 12th - apparently there is a musical guest - TMBG, doing a special show. Does that mean that it's linny only and they're just retarded saying it's TMBG or is it really a special TMBG thing? Is this all a bunch of crap and i shouldn't concern myself with the details? Anyways, i'm gonna call up and see if i can get more info and possibly tickets. if it is indeed TMBG and anyone wants to come with me, lemme know! Anyone have any info? "take it easy, JOrdaN" http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/3404/frustuff.html ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.1c4dc201.25511e47@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 00:12:39 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on Daily Show!? In a message dated 11/2/99 11:35:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: << one of my friends got tickets to see the daily show (with jon stewart) on November 12th - apparently there is a musical guest - TMBG, doing a special show. Does that mean that it's linny only and they're just retarded saying it's TMBG or is it really a special TMBG thing? Is this all a bunch of crap and i shouldn't concern myself with the details? Anyways, i'm gonna call up and see if i can get more info and possibly tickets. if it is indeed TMBG and anyone wants to come with me, lemme know! Anyone have any info? >> Dot told me she believes that the November 12th taping of The Daily Show would be the Millenium special that TMBG is supposed to be doing. Karen :-) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 23:31:11 -0600 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7vogda$2u6j$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG on Daily Show!? wrote in message news:19991102.233040.-302049.0.TMBgirl@juno.com... > HEy HEy!! > > one of my friends got tickets to see the daily show (with jon stewart) on > November 12th - apparently there is a musical guest - TMBG, doing a > special show. Does that mean that it's linny only and they're just > retarded saying it's TMBG or is it really a special TMBG thing? Is this > all a bunch of crap and i shouldn't concern myself with the details? > Anyways, i'm gonna call up and see if i can get more info and possibly > tickets. if it is indeed TMBG and anyone wants to come with me, lemme > know! TMBG is the specail house band for the Daily Show's Millenium Special. It's odd that they're taping it in Nov, considering that it'd make more sense for it to be aired in Dec. However, it is gonna be both Johns. -Jay ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.684211d6.25512668@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 00:47:20 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG on Daily Show!? In a message dated 11/3/99 12:20:46 AM Eastern Standard Time, Jay@tmbg.org writes: << TMBG is the specail house band for the Daily Show's Millenium Special. It's odd that they're taping it in Nov, considering that it'd make more sense for it to be aired in Dec. However, it is gonna be both Johns. -Jay >> Well, they're taping it in November, but isn't this show supposed to be seen on New Year's Eve, or at the very least, in December? Karen (MuseKJ) ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #23-3 *****************************