Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #24-11 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 24, Number 11 Saturday, 11 December 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: On Earth My Nina lyrics TMBG: Happy Hanukkah Re: TMBG: Happy Hanukkah Re: TMBG: On Earth My Nina lyrics TMBG: Slashdot Poll Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Christi587@aol.com Message-ID: <0.8a5c7165.258245b7@aol.com> Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 07:01:59 EST Subject: TMBG: On Earth My Nina lyrics The lyrics to On Earth My Nina aren't listed anywhere I can find. I submit for your suggestions and amendations my best interpretation: Her burden of things walking out (2x) On earth my Nina (2x) God forbid a vaguer feat National hell'll mark me Say the spiral wants a morbid arrow Here's a quarter, there's the wine, the wine Maybe I'll buy the whirlwind That always keeps me yearning Her [sinners? seders??] down there mourning Her burden of things walking out (2x) On earth my nina (2x) I am pretty sure about everything except the last line. I considered and rejected the homophones feet, whine, and morning, although even this way the lyrics don't make much sense to me. I still think it's a beautiful and eerily haunting song. Linnell has a very expressive (if not conventionally "good") singing voice, especially when it's all raw and cracked like this. --Christy ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <0.911428d3.2582c92d@aol.com> Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:22:53 EST Subject: TMBG: Happy Hanukkah I just got State Songs for Hanukkah! Please tell me everything I should know, i.e.: where to get lyrics, chords, etc. Thanks! Rick ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 13:58:19 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: Happy Hanukkah Message-ID: <11821-3851777B-9507@storefull-243.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Hmmm, I'm not sure if there's chords available anywhere, but you can get the lyrics here: http://i.am/announcement Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Krispy Kwanza, and whatever to everybody! Love? What do you know of love?!, Dexter M. Flansburgh ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.1c6bc11e.2582df81@aol.com> Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:58:09 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: On Earth My Nina lyrics > God forbid a vaguer feat > National hell'll mark me > Say the spiral wants a morbid arrow > Here's a quarter, there's the wine, the wine > Maybe I'll buy the whirlwind > That always keeps me yearning > Her [sinners? seders??] down there mourning > > Her burden of things walking out (2x) > On earth my nina (2x) > > I am pretty sure about everything except the last line. I considered and > rejected the homophones feet, whine, and morning, although even this way the > > lyrics don't make much sense to me. I still think it's a beautiful and > eerily > haunting song. Linnell has a very expressive (if not conventionally "good") > singing voice, especially when it's all raw and cracked like this. > I always liked to think it was "Sparrow" and "Arrow," instead of "sprial." but that's really good too :) Naturlich, it's not SUPPOSED to make sense. Most other songs that you turned backwards and made into words wouldn't have much sentence structure either :) Lydia Insightful and appreciative since 1837 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <000701bf4364$3e14bbc0$18055486@tc.umn.edu> From: "Vance Palodichuk" Subject: TMBG: Slashdot Poll Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:13:58 -0600 Slashdot's (http://slashdot.org/) poll this week is what Man is more powerful: Particle, Triangle, Person, or Universe Man. Currently Universe is in the lead with 37%. So when you need a break stuffing the TV Guide poll, visit Slashdot. ;) Vance "Life is nothing if you're not obsessed." -John Water's "Pecker" -- /------- Vance Palodichuk -------\ |-- or: --| \------------------------------------------------------------/ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #24-11 ******************************