Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #24-13 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 24, Number 13 Monday, 13 December 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Jordan's review Re: TMBG: Jordan's review Re: TMBG: Jordan's review TMBG: A few questions... TMBG: Jordan's Review TMBG: Re: Jordan's Review TMBG: reception songs... Re: TMBG: reception songs... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 10:02:12 -0800 (PST) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: TMBG: Jordan's review Message-ID: On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org wrote: > I know I'm not supposed to say stuff like this 'cause I'm getting > married in two weeks, Nick, are you really? Congratulations! :) Be sure to play something TMBG at the reception! Report back to the group with people's reactions. :) > California Whooo-hoo! He's written California's song?!? Pwease, could someone spin me a copy of this? > I ran into sean altman at the show which was very cool... especially > after having seen him play just a few days ago when he opened for moxy > fruvous. Hey, cool! So what's he like? Never met him--the first time I saw Rockapella, he'd already left. --nicole twn p.s. Jordan--I'm going to see Kids in the Hall in a few weeks. What to expect? *** "When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?"--They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org carlsonn@seclab.cs.ucdavis.edu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991212194838.89701.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Jordan's review Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 19:48:38 GMT Nicole Carlson wrote: > > California > >Whooo-hoo! He's written California's song?!? I've heard that he did "California Ueber Alles" (sorry, can't seem to get the umlaut to show up properly) by the Dead Kennedys at a few shows. That's probably what he did at that show, too. -- Relaxing on my hands and knees, relaxing on my face, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 17:30:33 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Jordan's review Message-ID: <19991212.173033.-374751.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> > > California > > Whooo-hoo! He's written California's song?!? Pwease, could someone > spin > me a copy of this? he didn't actually write California's song. There were a few covers at last night's show and i believe this one was actually a dead kennedy's song. > Hey, cool! So what's he like? Never met him--the first time I saw > Rockapella, he'd already left. Sean is actually pretty cool. My friend Jill ran into him and as they chatted he became aware of the fact that she was sick and prmoptly searched his person for any remedies he could provide her with and in the end gave her a cough drop. Whether that gives any insight into his character or not i can't be sure but he does seem to be a really nice guy. > p.s. Jordan--I'm going to see Kids in the Hall in a few weeks. What > to > expect? mmm... now that you've made me *completely* jealous because you get to go (don't even ask me about the fiasco of trying to get tickets for *any* of the NYC shows) - i might say that you should watch your back because i'm gonna come steal the tickets from you! No actually, I would say have fun and make sure that you send me a complete review of the events if you can! oh yeah and a quick note to ya nicole.... i owe ya big for informing me (and the rest of the TMBG list) about Eddie From Ohio years ago. I never really did much at the time but buy a few albums and in august i sent my friends back home in colorado to the four corners folk fest (ok didn't really have to send some of them as they were playing in it too) but after hearing the reviews of EFO's set from that gig i was sure not to pass up seeing them live when they came out here... i saw 'em at the mercury lounge a couple nights ago and was thoroughly impressed - it was a great show and i can't wait to see 'em again! :D thanks so much! "take it easy, JOrdaN" http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/3404/frustuff.html ___________________________________________________________________ Why pay more to get Web access? Try Juno for FREE -- then it's just $9.95/month if you act NOW! Get your free software today: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.188ddb4d.2585b81a@aol.com> Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 21:46:50 EST Subject: TMBG: A few questions... Hello all, I have a few questions, and I wonder if anyone here can help me with them? 1) Is it or is it not true that Linnell played the song Nevada at the first Schuba's show in Chicago, IL on 12/5/99, and if he did, where did it fall in the setlist? I've actually heard people saying he did play it, and others saying there was no Nevada in either Chicago show. 2) Did anyone get a digital copy of Linnell's Bowery show last night? If there is any way you can make a copy for me, please e-mail me at MuseKJ@aol.com. 3) Did anyone here get to hear Linnell's radio segment on Fordham University's radio station, WFUV, on 12/8/99? Did anyone here tape it? Thanks a lot for any help you can give me with the above... Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <0.8bec0557.2585bcce@aol.com> Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 22:06:54 EST Subject: TMBG: Jordan's Review >> I know I'm not supposed to say stuff like this 'cause I'm getting >> married in two weeks, >Nick, are you really? Congratulations! :) Be sure to play something >TMBG at the reception! Report back to the group with people's reactions. >:) How about "Narrow Your Eyes"? Rick ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000701bf4521$b0ae1820$5a228a81@rcn.nmt.edu> From: "The Bastard Snowman" Subject: TMBG: Re: Jordan's Review Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 21:22:38 -0700 Ok, here's a good question... If I were to choose my reception as a good time to expose people to Them, what songs should I choose that would be appropriate? :0) Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico And then there was my web page... www.geocities.com/Paris/Shoppe/3169/ ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Sunday, December 12, 1999 8:06 PM Subject: TMBG: Jordan's Review > >> I know I'm not supposed to say stuff like this 'cause I'm getting > >> married in two weeks, > > >Nick, are you really? Congratulations! :) Be sure to play something > >TMBG at the reception! Report back to the group with people's reactions. > >:) > > How about "Narrow Your Eyes"? > > Rick > ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: TMBG: reception songs... Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:27:29 -0500 Message-ID: <004f01bf4522$5defe270$65062bd1@ig88> > Ok, here's a good question... If I were to choose my reception as a good > time to expose people to Them, what songs should I choose that would be > appropriate? :0) > I played the Famous Polka and Angel. 1 slow dance and 1 power polka to scare everyone! AugieWan ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: <0.9d3e91d5.2585d3f4@aol.com> Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:45:40 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: reception songs... Here are my choices.... I've Got A Match Unrelated Thing Dirt Bike Pet Name First Kiss Reprhensible If I Wasn't Shy End Of The Tour World's Address No One Knows My Plan (Conga Anyone?) Of course....if you want to scare off the In-Laws then that requires a whole different list of songs..... *evil grin* -Kreadoubt "This ape's for you" ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #24-13 ******************************