Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #24-14 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 24, Number 14 Tuesday, 14 December 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: wedding songs Re: TMBG: reception songs... Re: TMBG: reception songs... Re: TMBG: A few questions... Re: TMBG: reception songs... Re: TMBG: reception songs... Re: TMBG: Nevada/Radio Shows TMBG: Re: Jordan's Review Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Matt James Message-Id: <199912131413.JAA06490@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: TMBG: wedding songs Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 09:13:27 -0500 (EST) Nicola and I are having Drinking and Illinois in our wedding next month, before the processional and such. It'll be tre cool! We might have some other TMBG and related type songs at the reception. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:49:43 -0500 From: Jonathan Chaffer Subject: Re: TMBG: reception songs... >> Ok, here's a good question... If I were to choose my reception as a good >> time to expose people to Them, what songs should I choose that would be >> appropriate? :0) >> > >I played the Famous Polka and Angel. We're definitely having some polka at ours in August, but the Famous is so *fast*... I don't know if I can keep up. Angel is a definite possibility. We've pretty much decided on Fruvous' "I Will Hold On" as our first dance, and BNL's "Life in a Nutshell" at some point, though the danceability of the latter is questionable. Danceability really is a problem for Giants songs in general at an event like this. I mean, you just can't get people to pogo to a recording. Their music is almost too creative to dance to. Does that make any sense? Suggestions are welcome; we just booked our DJ. :-) -- ,, Jonathan Chaffer http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ ->QQ<- Student, University of Michigan _||_ "Email is for geeks and pedophiles." --Cruel Intentions O- ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <0.3a661c85.258671d3@aol.com> Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:59:15 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: reception songs... In a message dated 12/13/99 10:53:52 AM Eastern Standard Time, jchaffer@tmbg.org writes: > Suggestions are welcome; we just booked our DJ. :-) Well, I'd say NYC, personally... it's a very sweet song. :D E-Z-0, fears marrying his current GF, the reception would be TMBG and KMDFM.... ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Message-Id: <199912131610.LAA16379@omni.cc.purdue.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: A few questions... Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:10:40 -0500 (EST) Karen asks: > > 1) Is it or is it not true that Linnell played the song Nevada at the first > Schuba's show in Chicago, IL on 12/5/99, and if he did, where did it fall in > the setlist? I've actually heard people saying he did play it, and others > saying there was no Nevada in either Chicago show. > There was most definitely no Nevada played at either show in Chicago. I can prove it;-) It hasn't been played at any show anywhere, has it? m@t ------------------------------ From: MsTanbul@aol.com Message-ID: <0.1e806946.25868305@aol.com> Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:12:37 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: reception songs... I would absolutely no doubt about it 100 percent certainly play No One Knows My Plan at my reception. I have been looking forward to doing that for years, being the bride at the head of the conga line... now I just need a groom. :-P ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991213172234.97740.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Todd Wetherbee" Subject: Re: TMBG: reception songs... Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 09:22:34 PST > > Suggestions are welcome; we just booked our DJ. :-) > The Guitar Remix ;) ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.f82e830.25868b56@aol.com> Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:48:06 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Nevada/Radio Shows In a message dated 12/13/99 11:10:41 AM Eastern Standard Time, coon@omni.cc.purdue.edu writes: << There was most definitely no Nevada played at either show in Chicago. I can prove it;-) It hasn't been played at any show anywhere, has it? >> Thanks for the info m@t! No, Linnell hasn't played the song live yet, as far as I know. Could anyone here post a setlist of the tunes Linnell played during his radio shows with David Garland on WNYC, and/or the Fordham University show on WFUV? I missed both of those, so I'm not sure if Nevada was played at them or not. Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:23:52 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <385539B8.4C7FDD6D@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: Jordan's Review End of the Tour -A The Bastard Snowman wrote: > > Ok, here's a good question... If I were to choose my reception as a good > time to expose people to Them, what songs should I choose that would be > appropriate? :0) > Signed, > Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico > > And then there was my web page... > www.geocities.com/Paris/Shoppe/3169/ > ----- Original Message ----- > From: > To: > Sent: Sunday, December 12, 1999 8:06 PM > Subject: TMBG: Jordan's Review > > > >> I know I'm not supposed to say stuff like this 'cause I'm getting > > >> married in two weeks, > > > > >Nick, are you really? Congratulations! :) Be sure to play something > > >TMBG at the reception! Report back to the group with people's reactions. > > >:) > > > > How about "Narrow Your Eyes"? > > > > Rick > > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #24-14 ******************************