Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #24-26 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 24, Number 26 Sunday, 26 December 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #24-25 TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #24-25 Re: TMBG:MTV, VH-1, and Wierd Al TMBG: waynes world Re: TMBG: waynes world TMBG: 2 Tour Dates on pollstar Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: KingoPuns@aol.com Message-ID: <0.f7e67ba7.2595de2d@aol.com> Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:45:33 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #24-25 In a message dated 12/24/99 11:04:47 PM Pacific Standard Time, owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org writes: << I'm a John Henry fan m'self. I know that puts me in the minority. :) Danielle >> I'm with you on this one actually. It reminds me of another band "Kansas." Not to mention, it introduced me to the artwork of James Ensor which I absolutely love. Casey ------------------------------ From: ASRTrain@aol.com Message-ID: <0.753e7dee.259619fe@aol.com> Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 08:00:46 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #24-25 I have something to say now. I just joined the list, so that explains you never seeing me before. I would have to say Flood is also my favorite, but only b/c it is also the first TMBG album I ever heard. I loved that album the first moment I heard it, and it opened up a whole new world to my TMBG loving self. Now, I'm probably not as much of a fan as most of you are. (When I say fan, I picture a ceiling fan or a window fan, don't ask why...just enjoy it!) Personally, I think TSGMH is not the best video to go on Pop-up Video. Don't get me wrong, it is an excellent video, but it is rather plain. Now, as for the guitars, not only has there been more than one, but when I saw TMBG in LAncaster...(brace yourselves, this will more than likely piss you off)...one of the guys setting up for tmbg DROPPED FLANS'S CUSTOM TRADEMARK GUITAR! You all problably know friendjo@tmbg.org...he was there also...and I'm sure he will comment now that I have mentioned his name. Well, friendjo....TAKE IT AWAY! R-Train <(Ryan)> ------------------------------ From: BirdhouseIYS@aol.com Message-ID: <0.68bfb6da.2596575a@aol.com> Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 12:22:34 EST Subject: Re: TMBG:MTV, VH-1, and Wierd Al << Which video? >> I think it should be Doctor Worm it's the newest TMBG video and probably was never played on MTV before. Harry Pyle ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <0.22554e40.2596b5da@aol.com> Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 19:05:46 EST Subject: TMBG: waynes world Did anyone else watch Waynes World on Christmas? I'm actually watching it right now, and in the very beginning of the movie, they play a TMBG song (Frankenstein, the really funky instrumental they used to open shows with, you can get it here-- www.twistid.com/tmbg). Anyway, does anyone know if TMBG only covered the song, or is it an original? If they did cover it, does anyone know who originally did it? Thanks alot if you can help out. Hope y'all had a great christmas, I sure did! Jon ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199912260052.TAA01726@orford.valley.net> Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 19:55:20 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: waynes world From: "Robert L. Grabill II" > Did anyone else watch Waynes World on Christmas? I'm actually watching >it right now, and in the very beginning of the movie, they play a TMBG song >(Frankenstein, the really funky instrumental they used to open shows with, >you can get it here-- www.twistid.com/tmbg). It's Wayne's World 2. Much different. Funny, but not as funny as the orig. > > Anyway, does anyone know if TMBG only covered the song, or is it an >original? If they did cover it, does anyone know who originally did it? > Edgar Winter Group. -Rob ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <0.3680fab2.2596e804@aol.com> Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 22:39:48 EST Subject: TMBG: 2 Tour Dates on pollstar 02/04/00 Boston, MA Avalon 02/05/00 Providence, RI Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel From this and the notice on www.theymightbegiants.com about upcoming dates in 2000, I have a pretty good feeling that TMBG is going on tour this winter/spring. I hope I'm right. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #24-26 ******************************