Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #24-28 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 24, Number 28 Tuesday, 28 December 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: MTV, VH-1 and Wierd Al TMBG: TMBg Favorites TMBG: favorite LP TMBG: TMBG reference in movie. Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <19991227184633.34162.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: MTV, VH-1 and Wierd Al Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 18:46:33 GMT >Also: If VH-1 can make a whole day of programming out of Wierd Al -- >couldn't >they do the same for TMBG? I know, I know, he's more popular, but by how >much? It seems to me that MTV and VH-1 have some kind of grudge or >something >against TMBG. I don't know what happened in the VH-1 special, but I've seen other Weird Al TV specials, and important parts of them are Al's comedic bits. I'm not sure if the Johns would be able to keep up with that kind of thing, but I really don't know, as I don't think They've ever tried it before. I'm sure the Johns would choose good videos to play, if nothing else. >While I'm at it, I had an idea the other day watching Total Request Live. I >don't if anybody else ever thought of this, but -- What if Giants fans >planned a day to call MTV and keep requesting -- say -- Doctor Worm? It >would >be organized thru the web using this and other mailing lists, and on >people's >websites? Now, I'm not sure how TRL works, but it could be done, right? 1) MTV doesn't HAVE the Dr. Worm video. 2) There aren't enough TMBG fans to really pull this off. 3) Nothing! There is NO third thing! -- Relaxing on my hands and knees, relaxing on my face, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: "Erik J. Chuss" Message-ID: <85256854.007070EB.00@notes949.cc.telcordia.com> Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 15:27:45 -0500 Subject: TMBG: TMBg Favorites Favorite CD: the nod today would have to go to John Henry. Tomorrow it will probably be something else and the next day something else, and th next da...... Pop-up video: I think They'll Need a Crane or Ana Ng. With Pop-up video it helps if there are a lot of stories behind the videos themselves and those two probably have the most. The "old guy" band is made up of some fairly famous musicians and both the settings are pretty interesting to. I think the pop-up people should definitely do one for TMBG. They would have a field day with all the "Did You Knows...". Erik ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <0.16139cc9.259953df@aol.com> Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 18:44:31 EST Subject: TMBG: favorite LP FACTORY SHOWROOM all the way baby! I think all the songs are clever and very rich in sound. Spiraling shape new york city till my head falls off metal detector and James k polk are all in my top ten TMBG songs. then i'd have to say John henry is my second fav. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 22:08:36 -0600 (CST) From: Frank Fudderman Subject: TMBG: TMBG reference in movie. Message-ID: I was watching Music From Another Room the other day. At the beginning of the movie, the lead character is riding on a bus when he sees "I don't want the world, I just want your half" spray-painted on a wall. That could have just been there before filming, but it's still prettey neat. Too bad the movie was just okay. --Jamal ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #24-28 ******************************