Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #24-30 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 24, Number 30 Thursday, 30 December 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: MTV/Dr. Worm video Re: TMBG: MTV/Dr. Worm video Re: TMBG: MTV/Dr. Worm video TMBG: TMBG Video / James Ensor Re: TMBG: TMBG Video / James Ensor TMBG: TMBG reference sighting. Re: TMBG: TMBG Video / James Ensor TMBG: TMBG mention TMBG: Hell Hotel Re: TMBG: TMBG reference sighting. Re: TMBG: TMBG reference sighting. Re: TMBG: TMBG reference sighting. Re: TMBG: TMBG reference sighting. Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19991228233628.008109f0@pop3.xprt.net> Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 23:36:28 -0800 From: Kerry Biggs Subject: TMBG: MTV/Dr. Worm video >From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" >Subject: Re: TMBG: MTV, VH-1 and Wierd Al > >Last year when TMBG did an apearence on Modern Rock Live, they took four >callers and I was one of them. I asked when we were gonna see Dr. Worm on >MTV, and Flansburgh told me that they DO have the video. From what I heard, MTV rejected the video. They get many, many submissions all of the time, and while they may have had the video at one time, they probably don't keep their rejects or at least consider them as part of their library. If it's never aired on any MTV Networks station in the past in any form, they probably do not officially "have" it. Kerry ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 08:17:06 -0600 (CST) Message-Id: <199912291417.IAA19233@kiosk-manager.software.umn.edu> From: Matthew A Schempp (Matthew Schempp) Subject: Re: TMBG: MTV/Dr. Worm video > >From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" > >Subject: Re: TMBG: MTV, VH-1 and Wierd Al > > > >Last year when TMBG did an apearence on Modern Rock Live, they took four > >callers and I was one of them. I asked when we were gonna see Dr. Worm on > >MTV, and Flansburgh told me that they DO have the video. > > >From what I heard, MTV rejected the video. They get many, many submissions > all of the time, and while they may have had the video at one time, they > probably don't keep their rejects or at least consider them as part of > their library. If it's never aired on any MTV Networks station in the past > in any form, they probably do not officially "have" it. > > Kerry This is solved easily enough. http://www.mtv.com/sendme.tin?page=/mtv/bands_az/t/they_might_be_giants/index.html No listing on the website means no video. And that's a darn shame. MadS ------------------------------ Message-ID: <386A4085.53CFE03@mailandnews.com> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 11:10:29 -0600 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: MTV/Dr. Worm video Er, no it doesn't. They showed Don't Let's Start a couple weeks ago, and they don't have a clip of it up there. I've personally seen ana ng, purple toupee, dls, istanbul, birdhouse, the guitar, and snail shell on mtv in the last 7 years, none of which are listed on there. I agree that if they rejected it, they probably don't have it. But that listing on the site you sent proves nothing... "Matthew A Schempp (Matthew Schempp)" wrote: > > > > Kerry > > This is solved easily enough. > > http://www.mtv.com/sendme.tin?page=/mtv/bands_az/t/they_might_be_giants/index.html > > No listing on the website means no video. And that's a darn shame. > > MadS -- Destin Berthelot destin@bigfoot.com "The fourth dimension is just one big crazy do-not-enter clambake jungle of weirdity! And how does it work? Never mind!" -The Tick ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000f01bf5232$e757da00$afb3a4c1@squid> From: "Uncle Squid" Subject: TMBG: TMBG Video / James Ensor Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 19:28:22 -0000 Hello my little Giant-Headed lovelies! Since my little PC went berserk the other month, I seem to have lost all my bookmarks... can anyone let me know what the URL for "TMBG: Better Living Through Music" is... it's a top site and I want to see some of the videos! If anyone would like any scanned prints by Mr James Ensor... let me know, I have most of his works & I'd gladly scan any of them. I may conjour up a list of what I have or do a website (maybe). ~ Uncle Squid ------------------------------ From: DrSaxx@aol.com Message-ID: <0.71e2c80b.259bbc53@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 14:34:43 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Video / James Ensor www.twistid.com/tmbg ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.4482ea9d.259be3f7@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:23:51 EST Subject: TMBG: TMBG reference sighting. I just noticed in one of the clips advertising RealJukebox Plus that came with my free download of RealJukebox and RealPlayer, the picture is scrolling through the different options of RealJukeBox and it goes to where the songs you have are categorized by band, and one of the bands is They Might Be Giants! ...Wow, that was an amazing run-on sentence. ..Oh, one of the other bands is Frank Black and the Catholics. Sorry if that is just all utterly confusing. G'day. Lydia Bemused and befuddled since 1837. ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <0.13c105ac.259bebed@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:57:49 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Video / James Ensor << can anyone let me know what the URL for "TMBG: Better Living Through Music" is... it's a top site and I want to see some of the videos! >> <> Does this site have videos on it? where are they? Jon ------------------------------ From: DrSaxx@aol.com Message-ID: <0.26952969.259bfc9d@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 19:09:01 EST Subject: TMBG: TMBG mention I was watching a rerun of 3rd Rock from the Sun the other day, and Solomon(John Lithgow) was reading a list of people's names: Flansburgh, Cantrell(as in Laura-the guitar-) and Linnell. I was amazed. Harlan Muir DrSaxx@aol.com ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <0.bb096712.259bff1f@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 19:19:43 EST Subject: TMBG: Hell Hotel Hey... does anyone have the lyrics to this song? I'm curious as to what the hell the chorus says... something about "Ancient orders of robot cars?" Could it be that John & John are Transformer fans? ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <0.a7a7b99c.259c1053@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 20:33:07 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG reference sighting. Lydia the Great states: << Bemused and befuddled since 1837. >> Bemused? Befuddled? This is above me. Let's stick to five letter words -- six max. Hey, a two line post is pretty ptiful, so I'll trhow in some chords, you guess the song: Em Em Em Em Em C C D D Em Em Em Em Em C C D D E E E E E Am G C G D D D D D Am Am D D G - - - C - - - D - - - C - - - G - - - Bb - - - C - - - D - - - G - - - C - - - D - - - C - - - G - - - Bb - - - C - - - D - - - Bb (sound effects) C (sound effects) That's all for today. Rick P.S.: Before New Year, check out TDK's mp3 site for TMBG's Auld Lang Syne -- new year 1990!!! ------------------------------ From: DrSaxx@aol.com Message-ID: <0.6dfe4da4.259c2168@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:46:00 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG reference sighting. Ana Ng ------------------------------ From: DrSaxx@aol.com Message-ID: <0.8532bbbf.259c361e@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 23:14:22 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG reference sighting. How about this?(This is the chorus) E B E B E Cm A B A B E A A B..B7...E E A B ------------------------------ Message-ID: <386AEC7E.9185BCB5@fruhead.com> Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 00:24:14 -0500 From: lawrence solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG reference sighting. DrSaxx@aol.com wrote: > > How about this?(This is the chorus) > E B E B > E Cm A B > A B E A > A B..B7...E E A B hmmm... that looks a lot like Bed and Breakfast or Love Set Fire, but I think this is the wrong forum for those songs. :) it looks a lot like New York City, actually... but regardless of what song it is, I'm pretty sure you mean C#m, not Cm, because that makes more sense given that you've got Es, As, and Bs in there otherwise. hmmm... TMBG seem to have a disproportionate number of songs in E major and C# minor... here's one that isn't in any of those keys, and might be tough to guess: this is the first verse and refrain: D G Em F# / Bm B E Em A G G A A7 D Eb D D -- lawrence solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "You knew it was true, when I held you, there were no secrets. I believed it." -Moxy Fruvous, _I Will Hold On_ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #24-30 ******************************