Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #19-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 19, Number 23 Friday, 23 July 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: My LTW Review Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. Re: TMBG: New article on CDNow Re: TMBG: LTW, IP show Re: TMBG: Art vs. Money Re: TMBG: New article on CDNow Re: TMBG: tmbg chat transcript TMBG: movie ratings TMBG: Comments on the Yahoo Chat Re: TMBG: broadcast.com TMBG: LTW Cover Art TMBG: LTW, IP Addendum TMBG: TMBgirl here... NYC show and other info Re: TMBG: Comments on the Yahoo Chat Re: TMBG: Comments on the Yahoo Chat TMBG: sheet music Re: TMBG: Comments on the Yahoo Chat TMBG: LTW cover and TMBG reference. Re: TMBG: LTW Cover Art Re: TMBG: The show, LTW, etc Re: TMBG: The show, LTW, etc Re: TMBG: The show, LTW, etc TMBG: Re: This Time. TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Re: TMBG: Comments on the Yahoo Chat Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Re: TMBG: sheet music TMBG: Gigantor Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project TMBG: Re: Gigantor Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project TMBG: Gigantor and webcast Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project TMBG: Webcast still up.... RE: TMBG: Webcast still up.... Re: TMBG: Webcast still up.... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <19990721164302.48486.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: My LTW Review Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:43:01 PDT Jay G. wrote: >02-She Think She's Edith Head > A preview of this song which will also appear on their > next 'real' album. This song is a good solid rock song, > sounds like Flansburgh in good form. The one thing > that threw me with this recording is the sudden sputter > of randomness near the end of the song. I wonder if > this song will be rerocorded for the next album, or > if they will use this version. Although I don't know for sure, I think it's likely that it will be re-recorded. >03-Maybe I Know > A favorite cover of theirs, I have an mp3 of this song that > they performed in '92, this song is finally given a studio > treatment. This is a nice poppy song and could be mistaken > for a TMBG original, as some reviewers have. Well, since _Long Tall Weekend_ doesn't have any liner notes, we can probably be a bit more lenient toward these reviewers than toward reviewers of _It's Fun To Steal_ who thought that Flans wrote "Hillbilly Drummer Girl." I mean, it says right on the album that Scott McCaughey wrote that song. Then again, the original version of "Maybe I Know" wasn't exactly unknown to the general public (as "Hillbilly Drummer Girl" and "New York City" might well have been). >15-Edison Museum > A song Linnell cowrote with Brian Dewan and sung by Nick > Hill, this song originally appeared on the limited release > 'Edisongs.' This also appeared on the original dial-a-song > online as a wav file. This song has been subsequently > rerecorded for the new www.dialasong.com , but this is > the original, and in my opinion better, version of this song. I am a bit puzzled as to why They changed the last verse of the song for dialasong.com. I liked the "When your children quarrel" verse better than a simple repetition of the first verse. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "The oldest, greatest, and most famous haunted mansion in New Jersey" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990721165211.69065.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:52:10 PDT Adam Shoop wrote: >Adam Tyner writes: > >Although to be fair, the Kubrick stuff was made using old > >transfers. > >blah blah blah... > >Ok, I've only been on this list a couple of days, so far I've enjoyed >most of the content, and it appears that I'm fitting into the >teen-age >group of the list, but I can already tell a pet peeve of mine is >going to >be when people really start to drift from TMBG, to completely >off-topical >subjects. Please stay on track, ghhr hrr hrr! I don't think you'll ever stop people from straying off-topic occasionally. I admit that this technical stuff is pretty boring (mostly because I have no idea what most of it means), but some people probably find it interesting, and the list would probably be a bit dull if we didn't talk about anything besides TMBG. Please Don't Let's Start with this argument again, though. >Also, I'm fairly new to TMBG, so everyone here probably knows a bit >more >about them than I do (I don't even own a copy of every album yet), >but >tracks you haven't heard of before shouldn't be a surprise to you >with so >many sources, such as Dial-A-Song, of different tracks that would >have >never been released, some probably not even recorded properly in the >studio. I would suppose that pretty much all of the Dial-A-Songs weren't studio recordings. Studio time is a tad bit expensive to use for songs that will only be released over the phone. >Also, I was reading the greeting sent to you when you subscribe, and >I >didn't really see any sort of a proper list administration. There is >a >list administrator of course, but no charter or type of documentation >that outlines the proper way to conduct oneself on the list, accept >that >brief mention of trying to avoid spamming the list. On previous >lists, >it's even gone as far as to have have committee panels (people who >have >volunteered, and are chosen by the administrator) to uphold the >charter >and enforce the proper course of action written in the charter for >members who don't follow. Maybe you don't have problems with >individuals >of that type here. Just a suggestion. I'm actually pleased at the lack of spam on this list. I mean, there are plenty of off-topic posts, but they're usually just from list members going off on tangents. There are even some people who constantly try to annoy the list, but I can't recall seeing any "GREAT BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY!" or "FREE XXX POSTS!" messages on here. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Make Money Fast!" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990721165344.54439.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: New article on CDNow Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:53:44 PDT Thanks for posting this, but why would there be a CDNow review of a concert? There's no product to sell in this case. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "CDLater" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990721170652.57986.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: LTW, IP show Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:06:52 PDT Adam wrote: >Lullaby to Nightmares - I like the Monopuff version better. This >version >sounds like post JH era. Something about it just hasn't caught on >with me >yet. I think the horn lead in just doesn't mesh with "Have you ever >seen >a bloody egg?" I haven't actually heard the LTW version, but I've heard the demo, as well as another version of "Lullaby" that used horns, and I must say that I agree with you. This song seems to be one that just screams out for a creepy kind of arrangement, and that's what Hello gave it. >There were these lame ticket scalper guys trying to sell tickets. To >a >free show. Well, it was only free to the people who managed to get postcards and trade them for tickets fairly quickly. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Whispered low" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <2773574a.24c75829@aol.com> Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 13:06:49 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Art vs. Money In a message dated 7/21/99 12:27:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes: << Well, yes and no. Technically, the Johns can do whatever They want (provided that They have the resources), but They probably wouldn't do something that would cause Them to lose a lot of money, or that had some other adverse effect. Because of this, the fans do have some input (as a group, not as individuals). If they don't buy something, then it might stop Them from doing something similar later on. >> I thought J & J said that their art was more important to them than the money. Like, if TMBG ended tomorrow, they'd go about finding something else to do with their lives (although I imagine whatever it was they did do, the chances of it being musical in nature would be pretty high). Of course, they might delve into areas they are familiar with: John Flansburgh might become a big-time video director, John Linnell might lean on his photography -- and then again, they might get involved with careers altogether different. I'm not sure how much the Johns want to change their art to please the fans, just to make sure it's acceptable. Based on the Johns' descriptions of the process they implement in putting songs and albums together, and the (pardon the pun) giant number of songs they manage to write, I think they often times have the luxury of picking and choosing which tunes out of the bunch will fit best in their next body of work. I am also aware they set out to create things for a specific purpose, as in the case of the song Dr. Evil. Karen Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990721101014.00696f2c@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:10:14 -0700 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: New article on CDNow There was a cool little online magazine called Allstar Mag. that was hosted by Rocktropolis, and earlier this year, CDNow took it over. I guess their way of thinking is if they have an article plugging a TMBG concert, it might get some people interested in buying a TMBG CD through them. Just a guess. -Adam At 09:53 AM 7/21/99 PDT, Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > >Thanks for posting this, but why would there be a CDNow review of a concert? > There's no product to sell in this case. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 13:14:06 -0400 (EDT) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg chat transcript Message-ID: On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 ALeigh992@aol.com wrote: > Well, yahoo wouldn't let me cut and paste, so I typed all this up as it was > happening. Thank you thank you thank you! What a doll! Such speed! Such typing abilities! You're so cool.. Kirsten "I've got the funk in my trousers for sure!" - Space Ghost ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199907211802.OAA28926@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: TMBG: movie ratings Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:02:43 -0400 (EDT) > Has anyone seen the Velvet Goldmine or Trainspotting? Both are rated R, and > both have Ewan McGregor of recent Obi Wan Kenobi fame wielding his > "lightsaber". I don't know what warrants the NC-17, maybe it's the context > in which the said parts are used, to put it in a roundabout way. > Hi Malia, I haven't seen Velvet Goldmine but I do own Trainspotting and I'm almost positive that it was Not Rated in the U.S. -Matt ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990721180737.41121.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: TMBG: Comments on the Yahoo Chat Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:07:36 PDT I wasn't actually around for this, but I did read the transcript, and I have a few comments on it (as you could probably guess from the subject line, as well as from the fact that I just like to make fairly pointless comments). >Q: so exactly what is "ondine"? >FLANS: ondine is a french name, and I went to college with a woman by >that >name, but the character in the song is ficticious Someone once suggested that there was some connection to mermaids or water sprites in this name (and the fact that Ondine kills someone in the song, which is what mermaids did in some old legends). Well, I guess he didn't entirely deny this, so there could be something in it. >Q: who's face is that in the videos from the pink album? >FLANS: it's a guy who looked like orson wells, who we wanted to make >our >mascot, or logo, but we knew he would sue us, so >we used a more obscure guy who has yet to sue us The guy in the videos was William Allen White, but I don't know who the "more obscure guy" is. Could it be a reference to the man on the "WDTSS?" cover? That could explain why he hasn't sued the Johns. >Q: hi what is your favorite song that you did? >FLANS: my favorite song is called "unreliable narrator". Linnell just > >wrote it! I find some of these recent titles to be quite amusing and intriguing (as well as somewhat reminiscent of the fake song titles on my Band Names page at ). I hope the songs will be as good as the titles (and they probably will be). >Q: flansburgh- I miss the hello recording club. will you ever revive >it or >do a similar project? >FLANS: I would love to, but we did most of what we set out to >accomplish. >We are going to do a compliation soon. for CD. Sounds like a good idea. I haven't purchased any of the Hello collections, but I've heard some good things about them, so I might look into this when it comes out. >Q: why'd you guys change your musical style? >FLANS: we did? Good answer. >Q: with the release of ltw, would you consider releasing more old > >dial-a-songs and demos as another mp3 album? >FLANS: we're a little concerned about saturating the market with >things >(maybe it's too late) but we've got this mp3, linnell's disc >and a children's record all slated to come otu before our next "rock" > >record (a lot of which we have already recorded) so there >will be no shortage of STUFF. Considering that these are considerably different things, and that They have only released six "regular" albums, I don't think there's that much danger of Them "saturating the market" (not that the fans would complain if They did). >Q: which songs of your own are you the most tired of? >FLANS: the ones we don't play It would seem to me that They might be tired of some of the ones They DO play often. >Q: I didn't quite understand your opinion of 'smells like teen >spirit' >when you guys covered it. Enlighten me? LINNELL: we like that song But They couldn't understand the lyrics, apparently. (Personally, I like the TMBG version much more than the original. Then again, I'd say the same thing about many other songs that They covered.) >Q: hey, can you tell us about your upcoming children's album? FLANS: I >wrote a song called "Clown Town." It's very kid oriented. The children's album is "kid oriented"? I never would have guessed that on my own. >Q: have you guys ever considerd branching out into different styles >of >music >FLANS: we did this song for austin powers, and we are doing music for >a >sitcom called malcom in the middle, as well as >incidental music. Oh, we're also doing a Nickelodean [sic] show >called >"Stewy the Dog Boy" Didn't the article that referred to this song call it "Stewie the Doughboy"? Since it also mentioned "human barking," though, I think that this title is more likely to be the correct one. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Starting now, I'm telling the truth" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ Now playing: Dark And Metric (on Dial-A-Song Online, not Long Tall Weekend) _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <379612E4.3F8A@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:35:17 -0400 From: "K.C." Subject: Re: TMBG: broadcast.com Well said Matt!!! That is exactly what happened to me. I looked at the site, saw the RealPlayer was all I needed, and prepared for a good show. But then, all that stuff that you did happened to me to (save downloading the G2 thing). And, they have not replied to even one of my emails for help. I encourage TMBG never to work with broadcast.com again... -- K.C. Kless "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." Commissioner, TertiArse Fantasy Sports DocWorm@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Spoonerism@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:30:50 EDT Subject: TMBG: LTW Cover Art Would anyone be so kind as to point me in the direction of some LTW front and back cover art? Sorry for the small post, but that's all I really have to say :) -Casey Size does matter, I guess ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Message-ID: <2591e15f.24c7703f@aol.com> Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:49:35 EDT Subject: TMBG: LTW, IP Addendum Hello 41- I also taped the IP show. Tape is good, except I didn't get the last encore on tape. Damned second encore! So if anyone wants to trade for part of it, I have plenty to choose from. Note: My archives will be open for anybody who wants anything for blanks come fall. Adam ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 15:16:39 -0400 (EDT) From: Jordan A Arnot Subject: TMBG: TMBgirl here... NYC show and other info Message-ID: SO uhm, this'll be real quick since uh, i really hate this mail program here. anyways, it looks like if you need to get a hold of me at all... use this e-mail addy. Sarah (limezinger) and Josh (jishy) if you could please e-mail me here i'd appreciate it! Anyways, i got to the show in NYC and only had two tickets waiting there for me on flansy's guest list, unfortunately there were three of us, so i go in and talk o Julie (the chica selling the t-shirts) and she's like, oh yeah, I'll bring 'em in. so there you go, my buds and i were in. You Were Spiraling rocked although they sound so much better on their album. guy incognito on the drums :) i met shana (rabid child) and that's all, sorry guys! next show out here i'll see ya there. i migh be at the You Were Spiraling gig at the Mercury Lounge in a couple of weeks if any of you wanna go. oh yeah, TMBG rocked. the end. take it easy, JOrdaN ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199907211924.PAA11675@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: Re: TMBG: Comments on the Yahoo Chat Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 15:24:56 -0400 (EDT) >>Q: who's face is that in the videos from the pink album? >>FLANS: it's a guy who looked like orson wells, who we wanted to make >our >>mascot, or logo, but we knew he would sue us, so >>we used a more obscure guy who has yet to sue us > >The guy in the videos was William Allen White, but I don't know who the >"more obscure guy" is. Could it be a reference to the man on the "WDTSS?" >cover? That could explain why he hasn't sued the Johns. > This is a bit confusing for me. What Flans is saying is that the face they used from the video from the Pink Album (they don't say which one, unfortunately!) was too well known, so they used some other guy. But the thing I don't understand is, who's the obscure guy and who's the well-known guy? It sounds like William Allen White wasn't obscure enough so in the future they've used some other guy as their mascot, but I'm not totally sure that's right. Also, when Flans was asked which songs they don't like to play and he said, "The ones we don't play". Well, I tend to believe that a bit. You might think, how can you like Particle Man or Istanbul still? But on the other hand how can they go out night after night for years on end and play these songs at almost every concert? Sure, casual listeners only know these songs and want to hear them, but they've got to like these songs, or else they'd go mad doing them for 10 years straight. Now maybe they like some songs more than others that they play live, but they must at least like them somewhat. -Matt ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990721194005.17155.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Comments on the Yahoo Chat Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:40:03 PDT Matt James wrote: > >>Q: who's face is that in the videos from the pink album? > >>FLANS: it's a guy who looked like orson wells, who we wanted to > >>make > >our > >>mascot, or logo, but we knew he would sue us, so > >>we used a more obscure guy who has yet to sue us > > > >The guy in the videos was William Allen White, but I don't know who > > >the > >"more obscure guy" is. Could it be a reference to the man on the > > >"WDTSS?" > >cover? That could explain why he hasn't sued the Johns. > > >This is a bit confusing for me. What Flans is saying is that the >face >they >used from the video from the Pink Album (they don't say which one, >unfortunately!) >was too well known, so they used some other guy. But the thing I >don't >understand >is, who's the obscure guy and who's the well-known guy? It sounds >like >William >Allen White wasn't obscure enough so in the future they've used some >other >guy >as their mascot, but I'm not totally sure that's right. It sounds that way to me, too. By the way, William Allen White's face was used in ALL of the videos from the pink album, as well as in the "Birdhouse In Your Soul" video (I think). -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Professional old guy" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: "Malia Jackson" Subject: TMBG: sheet music Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 15:45:05 -0400 Message-ID: <000a01bed3b1$8843a800$015501be@mjackson9999.aisvt.bfg.com> Has anyone an idea where I might be able to find piano music for tmbg songs that would adapt well to piano? Dead is one song that comes to mind right away, but there are lots of songs that are decidedly piano-friendly. Thanks muchly. Malia ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:45:55 -0500 (CDT) From: Jamal Rogers Subject: Re: TMBG: Comments on the Yahoo Chat Message-ID: On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Matt James wrote: > >The guy in the videos was William Allen White, but I don't know who the > >"more obscure guy" is. Could it be a reference to the man on the "WDTSS?" > >cover? That could explain why he hasn't sued the Johns. > > No, no, no. Flans was saying that they wanted to use Orson Welles' head as their mascot, but since they did not want to be sued, they used a "more obscure guy," William Allen White. Hope this clears things up. --Jamal ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 15:14:18 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7n58um$2in1$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: LTW cover and TMBG reference. I checked eBay, and many people have already put up their promo CDs for sale! Besides wanting to kill them, I noticed one of them had actually scanned in the cover and CD. I don't know if this is any higher quality than the cover art at ebay, but you can check it out here: http://members.aol.com/drumddu/tmbg.jpg Also, in an online XTC interview: http://www.80s.com/VIP/Lexicon/current/xtc.html The interviewer asks Andy Partridge: XTC vs. Adam Ant, who would win? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000c01bed3b6$21a01340$319ea2d1@tk421> From: "eRiCh" Subject: Re: TMBG: LTW Cover Art Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 13:17:59 -0700 I made some cover art for the back anyone wants it its at http://hey.to/giants eRiCh ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:39:29 -0400 (EDT) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: Re: TMBG: The show, LTW, etc Message-ID: I need to organize myself a bit, I am sorry about that... I am very tired after my trip to NYC... but here is the preliminary info... I will ask you for some subtle piece of information... like the exact file size of an mp3... as proof that you bought it, since there is no receipt... I will then burn a CD as an exact copy of the promo audio CD I got at the show...so I guess that is as close to an "official" copy as you can get.... I will contact people soon to make arrangements -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, K.C. wrote: > Hey Jish, what exactly do you want as a "proof of purchase" for LTW? > > -- > K.C. Kless > "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." > Commissioner, TertiArse Fantasy Sports > DocWorm@tmbg.org > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990721215243.30007.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: The show, LTW, etc Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:52:43 PDT Jish wrote: >I need to organize myself a bit, I am sorry about that... I am very >tired >after my trip to NYC... but here is the preliminary info... > >I will ask you for some subtle piece of information... like the exact >file >size of an mp3... as proof that you bought it, since there is no >receipt... So the offer is only available to people with credit cards? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "The Moon is a mass of green cheese" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:59:14 -0400 (EDT) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: Re: TMBG: The show, LTW, etc Message-ID: The theory is this... everybody should be able to get access to a credit card... like pay your parents $9 so that they let you order the album on CC. My offer if more to people who have a way to buy the album but don't have a computer good enough for mp3, or really hate the idea of having the album in mp3 format for some reason... If there is a large number of people who are having issues with getting a credit card with which to buy the album... then email me and maybe I can work something out... Note: Despite getting the promo copy I bought the mp3s :-P I really think we should all support them by buying them if we can. I will do a sound comparison between the mp3s and my CD copy tonight... altho I have a feeling the CD is just made from decompressed mp3s, but I am not sure yet -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > Jish wrote: > >I need to organize myself a bit, I am sorry about that... I am very >tired > >after my trip to NYC... but here is the preliminary info... > > > >I will ask you for some subtle piece of information... like the exact >file > >size of an mp3... as proof that you bought it, since there is no > >receipt... > > So the offer is only available to people with credit cards? > -- > May the light shine upon thee, > Nathan Mulac "The Moon is a mass of green cheese" DeHoff > DinnerBell@tmbg.org > http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ > > > _______________________________________________________________ > Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 19:38:32 GMT From: crow9864@mindspring.com (Kevin Sullivan) Message-ID: <379620ea.1476702@news.mindspring.com> Organization: Mindspring Subject: TMBG: Re: This Time. "Jay G." wrote: > >eRiCh wrote in message >news:000d01bed30e$906825e0$109da2d1@tk421... >> >> > Interesting. Have y'all seen all the bootleg TMBG CDs listed on >> > www.gemm.com now? "As Seen On TV, Part 1", "Can I Sing For You?", and >> > "Dial A Song"... >> >> Yeah and it has that single "This Time" what the heck is that??? > >I placed an order for this item some time back, this is from the >most recent emal from wmimusic which I ordered through gemm: > >Artist: THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS Title: THIS TIME >PO # : GMR431828 ID # :EKR194CD >1 CD5(s) @ $8.98 US$ each >Ordered: 1999/04/21 (79 days on order) >Current status: Backordered, item not in stock WMI sucks, they always list stuff that doesn't exist and at exorbitant prices too. I tried ordering an extremely rare Cranes CD that they claimed to have in stock, twice, and they never even contacted me. I got a message about a month later each time telling me that my order was cancelled. GEMM is a great place to find rare stuff cheap but stay away from WMI they are a pain in the a$$.... ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 20:57:43 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7n5t2m$2u0p$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Somebody here had asked about how to order Brian Dewan's new album. For those who don't know who Brian Dewan is, he's friends with the Johns and has worked with TMBG before, most notably performing two songs in 'Fingertips' and creating the cover of Lincoln. He has had several Hello discs, as well as an album released on Bar-None "Brian Dewan Tells the Story." His new CD "The Operating Theater" is self released. How to Order "The Operating Theater." Send a check for $15 (that will cover the both the price of the CD and S&H) to: Immemorial Music 18 Havemeyer Street Brooklyn, NY 11211-2130 Make the check out to Brian Dewan. For more info on Brian Dewan, you can check out TDK's site at http://www.ccnj.com/~tdk/briandewan.html or this site: http://members.aol.com/ievitateme/ He also has some slide shows up at www.word.com -Jay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990722075039.23577.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 00:50:39 PDT I remember someone talking about this film not long ago, and I didn't think much of it untill I saw the advertisments today. Can someone tell me what it's about? Josh "Don't Eat the Reefer" Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and from where I'm sittin', there just ain't enough damn dogs." -"Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2" _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000c01bed422$3f8044e0$3e9da2d1@tk421> From: "eRiCh" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 02:11:55 -0700 It's an independant film made by two guys. The previews sum it up right off: "In 1994 2 Guys and a girl went into the woods to make a documentary-- 5 years later their footage was found" something like that anyway it's mockumentery (by mock i mean fake, not comedy) about 2 guys and a girl that get lost in the woods searching for the "mythical" blair witch when they get lost and the witch begins to stalk them. It is deemed so scary that people have been walking out due to its intensness, it made half a million on last weekends 27 screen release-- that's an average screen percntage 3 times that of 'Eyes Wide Shut' which made 22 million it will go wider next weekend. eRiCh ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990722122346.49381.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Elendriel ^_^" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:23:44 GMT Ikt's about 3 film students going to some town (can't remember the name) in MA to do a documentary about the Blair Witch. They disappear, and the footage they taped has been found 3 years later. (IE: the students disappeared in '96.) Now it's been edited and stuff, and it's now showing in a handful of theaters. Julie :) >From: "Josh Buckland" >Reply-To: "Josh Buckland" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project >Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 00:50:39 PDT > >I remember someone talking about this film not long ago, and I didn't >think much of it untill I saw the advertisments today. Can someone tell me >what it's about? > > Josh "Don't Eat the Reefer" Buckland > dilbert_2000@hotmail.com > ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! >http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html > >"It's a dog-eat-dog world, and from where I'm sittin', there just ain't >enough damn dogs." > -"Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2" > > >_______________________________________________________________ >Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com > _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 06:11:52 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Message-ID: <13799-37971898-3847@postoffice-243.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Which 2 fingertips did Brian do? -dex <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>"You can't grow, you don't have enough room." <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199907221348.JAA03925@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:48:33 -0400 (EDT) > > Ikt's about 3 film students going to some town (can't remember the name) in > MA to do a documentary about the Blair Witch. They disappear, and the > footage they taped has been found 3 years later. (IE: the students > disappeared in '96.) Now it's been edited and stuff, and it's now showing > in a handful of theaters. > > Julie :) > You're close. It's 3 Montgomery College (MD) students who went up to Burkittsville,MD in the Black Hills (between Frederick, MD and Harper's Ferry, WV) and filmed actors who were getting the crap scared out of them. I had heard that the actors didn't have much prior knowledge of what was going to happen to them so that the film crew could get actual, true scary reactions out of them. I'm planning on going to the Charles Theater (indie film theater in Baltimore where I also saw John Water's Pecker) as it is the only theater in the area that is showing it currently. -Matt ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990722135816.32232.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Reverend Kristina K. Panos" Subject: Re: TMBG: Comments on the Yahoo Chat Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:58:15 GMT Well, it would seem to me that what Flans meant by "the ones we don't play" would be that they don't play the ones they are sick of because they are sick of them. Make sense? Chococat the often logical > > >>Q: who's face is that in the videos from the pink album? > >>FLANS: it's a guy who looked like orson wells, who we wanted to make > >our > >>mascot, or logo, but we knew he would sue us, so > >>we used a more obscure guy who has yet to sue us > > > >The guy in the videos was William Allen White, but I don't know who the > >"more obscure guy" is. Could it be a reference to the man on the >"WDTSS?" > >cover? That could explain why he hasn't sued the Johns. > > >This is a bit confusing for me. What Flans is saying is that the face they >used from the video from the Pink Album (they don't say which one, >unfortunately!) >was too well known, so they used some other guy. But the thing I don't >understand >is, who's the obscure guy and who's the well-known guy? It sounds like >William >Allen White wasn't obscure enough so in the future they've used some other >guy >as their mascot, but I'm not totally sure that's right. > >Also, when Flans was asked which songs they don't like to play and he said, >"The ones we don't play". Well, I tend to believe that a bit. You might >think, >how can you like Particle Man or Istanbul still? But on the other hand how >can >they go out night after night for years on end and play these songs at >almost >every concert? Sure, casual listeners only know these songs and want to >hear them, >but they've got to like these songs, or else they'd go mad doing them for >10 years >straight. Now maybe they like some songs more than others that they play >live, but >they must at least like them somewhat. >-Matt _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990722140459.51937.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Reverend Kristina K. Panos" Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan's new CD Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:04:59 GMT Brian did "I Found A New Friend", and "Who's Knocking On the Wall". Chococat the often helpful > >Which 2 fingertips did Brian do? -dex > ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>"You can't grow, you don't have > enough room." ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> > _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: Samman85@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:40:23 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: sheet music I believe (I've asked this question before) that the only publically-available TMBG sheet music was for "Birdhouse in Your Soul" and only available in Britain. But that doesn't mean that's all you can use. There's also a really cool program out there for Mac and PC called Melody Assistant, available at www.myraid-online.com that lets you not only create music, but IMPORT MIDI music as well. This seriously rocks. I've used it to play "They'll Need a Crane" and "She's an Angel" on my trumpet, which sounds so cool and bizarre it's not even funny. So just get that, then scour the internet for MIDI files. The program is a godsend for any musician. (this plug is not paid for at all... I just love this app) Sam webmaster, Alpach Software http://alpach.witsandbits.com "Can one monkey rule the universe?" ------------------------------ Message-Id: From: "Steel, W Lee" Subject: TMBG: Gigantor Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:43:22 -0400 I have a nice sparkling CD quality copy of the Gigantor theme in WAV format that I just burned on the opening of my Long Tall Weekend CDR. If you would like a copy of this file, please send me private e-mail. Lee Steel Pfizer Engineering x23660 pager: (800) 760-6206 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990722101854.0069c654@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:18:54 -0700 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Well, I saw the Blair Witch Project in Phoenix on Friday. I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it...I'll probably have to see it again to really get a firm opinion. Maybe it was just the fact that it was so hyped up and I've been so looking forward to seeing it that kept me from really enjoying it as much as I could've. I really liked it, but it didn't leave me thinking "wow" like some other movies have recently (like "Cube", f'r instance). The premise is still cool, the acting is superb, and the tension that builds is...well, really tense. (I'm not putting a whole lot of thought into this letter.) It didn't really stay with me, though...I mean, I wasn't really scared after the movie was over. Some movies (Dawn Of The Dead, The Exorcist, Nightmare On Elm St., heck, even Child's Play, although I was really young then) really made an impression on me and haunted me for a while, but...all the hype was how this is the scariest movie ever made, and it's far from that. And considering what a wuss I am, that really says a lot. It's very good, though, though not the Second Coming as some are making it out to be. Joe Bob says check it out. -Adam, who saw a girl sobbing on the way out of the theater ________________________________________________________ NetZero - We believe in a FREE Internet. Shouldn't you? Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:43:01 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <37975825.A8670DDA@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Matt James wrote: > > I also saw John Water's Pecker You brag about the silliest things, Matt!!! ^_^ Mike "I can't resist a joke like that!" Leffel --the Blair Witch made me do it! She said "DOOOO IITTT! DOOOO IIITTT!". I think she's working for Nike. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990722174848.26666.rocketmail@web308.yahoomail.com> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:48:48 -0400 (EDT) From: Christine Sinacore Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Hmmm...I disagree. I am probably a bit jaded because I had an interest in the whole Blair Witch legend even before the movie was out. I thought the movie was very scary...on an animalistic, psychological level. About half way through the movie, I was worried that it would be a disappointment as well, but then all the information that you thought was forgotten about all comes together. I still get the creeps thinking about the movie. Just imagine being those kids...lost in an unfamiliar environment, scared, turning against each other, hunted by something they can't understand or see. I won't ruin it for those who have not seen it yet, but that last image of the film still gives me chills. It was refreshing to see an intense, suspenseful,well acted, honest film that can also cause the hair on your arms to raise every time you hear a bump in the night for days afterward. But then again, what do I know.... Christine --- Adam Tyner wrote: > Well, I saw the Blair Witch Project in Phoenix on > Friday. I'm still not > quite sure how I feel about it...I'll probably have > to see it again to > really get a firm opinion. Maybe it was just the > fact that it was so hyped > up and I've been so looking forward to seeing it > that kept me from really > enjoying it as much as I could've. > > I really liked it, but it didn't leave me thinking > "wow" like some other > movies have recently (like "Cube", f'r instance). > The premise is still > cool, the acting is superb, and the tension that > builds is...well, really > tense. (I'm not putting a whole lot of thought into > this letter.) > > It didn't really stay with me, though...I mean, I > wasn't really scared > after the movie was over. Some movies (Dawn Of The > Dead, The Exorcist, > Nightmare On Elm St., heck, even Child's Play, > although I was really young > then) really made an impression on me and haunted me > for a while, but...all > the hype was how this is the scariest movie ever > made, and it's far from > that. And considering what a wuss I am, that really > says a lot. It's very > good, though, though not the Second Coming as some > are making it out to be. > > Joe Bob says check it out. > > -Adam, who saw a girl sobbing on the way out of the > theater > > > ________________________________________________________ > NetZero - We believe in a FREE Internet. Shouldn't > you? > Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at > http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html > _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:18:25 -1000 From: "Courtney L. Patubo" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project I'm sort of fascinated by the success of this film by word of mouth. Amazing how stuff gets around, huh? The largest marketing ploy they are utilizing is the website http://www.blairwitch.com . It may not be your run-of-the-mill horror/slasher type movie, but it is more what it does to your mind... it is more that is unseen than seen that scares the bejeezus out of people. There hasn't been too many psychological horror films in a while (what *was* the last one?). It may have enhanced the moviegoing experience if the audience was not aware of the fact that the students are actors. Oh well... the information became hard to aviod over the past couple of weeks. Did the Sci-Fi Channel special reveal this information? I'm not sure. It *is* on again tonight, FYI. The entire film was improvised. The directors sent the 3 actors out *alone* into the forests... and then late at night, the crew would create the unseen spooks for the unknowing actors to react to. They would receive notes/directions for the day via paper notes that were placed in the forest. They also had GPS units so they wouldn't get lost. And nope, no walkie talkies. -cp Courtney L . Patubo - cpatubo@sirius.com toonie@tmbg.org * ICQ #3762743 http://www.sirius.com/~cpatubo "You made my day, now you have to sleep in it." ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:31:46 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7n7nau$pem$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Gigantor Steel, W Lee wrote in message news:B1AE3E0EBB4CD211B05300805FE603A801702871@groexmbcr02bck.pfizer.com... > I have a nice sparkling CD quality copy of the Gigantor theme in WAV format > that I just burned on the opening of my Long Tall Weekend CDR. If you would > like a copy of this file, please send me private e-mail. or if you want it in mp3 format go here: ftp://24.94.190.39/Cartoon%20Themes/Gigantor.mp3 the server is often busy, so keep trying. There's a low quality wav of the song at the bottom of this page: http://www.alphalink.com.au/~roglen/gigantor.htm this page has some good info on the series as well. you can hear it in realaudio at this page: http://www2.wi.net/~rkurer/gigantor.htm CDnow has the CD "The Best of Anime" by Rhino which has the Giganto theme on it. Note: CDnow has 2 soundtrack w/ this title listed, so look at the track listing. -Jay ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:20:27 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <379760EB.E16770F@conpoint.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Non-TMBG: That Wacky Ass Blair Witch! Josh Buckland wrote earlier about the BLAIR WITCH project: >I remember someone talking about this film not long ago, and I didn't >think much of it untill I saw the advertisments today. Can someone tell me >what it's about? But earlier than THAT, Josh Buckland wrote: > > >The TMBG mailing list is administered by Leo Bicknell . > >It provides a forum for discussing They Might Be Giants and Their music. > > > > Let's all remember that...... > > Josh "Don't Eat the Reefer" Buckland > dilbert_2000@hotmail.com > ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! > http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html > > "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and from where I'm sittin', there just ain't > enough damn dogs." > -"Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2" > > _______________________________________________________________ > Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com FUNNY! You complain about offtopic, help to start the most recent flamewar about offtopic, help to insult and alienate several list members, and *then* you begin a new offtopic thread?! What exactly _IS_ your game? Or does the Blair Witch project contain TMBG's famous "Where Your Eyes Don't Go?" And don't give me your AMERICA thing, or a SONG. Answer it. John "I SEE! I SEE!! I GET THE PICTURE!" Cleese --Mike, who doesn't dislike offtopic OR ontopic, but notices a bit of a hypocrisy. Or perhaps I'm missing something... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990722111655.0069ebbc@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 11:16:55 -0700 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project At 01:48 PM 7/22/99 -0400, Christine Sinacore wrote: >Hmmm...I disagree. I am probably a bit jaded because I >had an interest in the whole Blair Witch legend even >before the movie was out. I've been following the Blair Witch Project since Sundance, but from what I read, didn't the filmmakers *concoct* the Blair witch? I did a date-search through AltaVista, and I can't find a single reference to the Blair witch before July 15, 1998, which was an announcement about the Blair witch film. > I thought the movie was very scary...on an >animalistic, psychological level. About half way I agree with you, and I thought I said so in my post. (?) I thought it was scary, but most critics are claiming that it's "the scariest movie ever", and *that's* what I disagree with. >through the movie, I was worried that it would be a >disappointment as well, but then all the information >that you thought was forgotten about all comes >together. I still get the creeps thinking about the >movie. Just imagine being those kids...lost in an >unfamiliar environment, scared, turning against each >other, hunted by something they can't understand or >see. I won't ruin it for those who have not seen it >yet, but that last image of the film still gives me >chills. Same here. I do wish they had kept the film rolling for a few more seconds to really let it sink in instead of rolling the credits so soon. > It was refreshing to see an intense, suspenseful,well >acted, honest film that can also cause the hair on >your arms to raise every time you hear a bump in the >night for days afterward. >But then again, what do I know.... Hey, I said it was intense, suspenseful, and well-acted! :-) I really, really enjoyed it, but I think I might've been setting my hopes just a little too high. -Adam ________________________________________________________ NetZero - We believe in a FREE Internet. Shouldn't you? Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990722183759.25830.rocketmail@web303.yahoomail.com> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:37:59 -0400 (EDT) From: Christine Sinacore Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project --- Adam Tyner wrote: > At 01:48 PM 7/22/99 -0400, Christine Sinacore wrote: > >Hmmm...I disagree. I am probably a bit jaded > because I > >had an interest in the whole Blair Witch legend > even > >before the movie was out. > > I've been following the Blair Witch Project since > Sundance, but from what I > read, didn't the filmmakers *concoct* the Blair > witch? I did a date-search > through AltaVista, and I can't find a single > reference to the Blair witch > before July 15, 1998, which was an announcement > about the Blair witch film. Yes, I didn't mean to imply that the legend was real. I just meant that I had been reading information about the legend discussed in the film way before I actually got to see it. This article might clear things up for people. http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Film/7528/tscotty.html > > > I thought the movie was very scary...on an > >animalistic, psychological level. About half way > > I agree with you, and I thought I said so in my > post. (?) I thought it > was scary, but most critics are claiming that it's > "the scariest movie > ever", and *that's* what I disagree with. Oh, I was supposed to read you WHOLE email? :) > > >through the movie, I was worried that it would be a > >disappointment as well, but then all the > information > >that you thought was forgotten about all comes > >together. I still get the creeps thinking about the > >movie. Just imagine being those kids...lost in an > >unfamiliar environment, scared, turning against > each > >other, hunted by something they can't understand or > >see. I won't ruin it for those who have not seen it > >yet, but that last image of the film still gives me > >chills. > > Same here. I do wish they had kept the film rolling > for a few more seconds > to really let it sink in instead of rolling the > credits so soon. I am so glad that you never really see anything...I think that would have ruined the movie for me. It is much scarier not knowing becuase my imagination is much better, and capable of coming up with more nightmare-producing images, than anything they could have created. > > > It was refreshing to see an intense, > suspenseful,well > >acted, honest film that can also cause the hair on > >your arms to raise every time you hear a bump in > the > >night for days afterward. > >But then again, what do I know.... > > Hey, I said it was intense, suspenseful, and > well-acted! :-) I really, > really enjoyed it, but I think I might've been > setting my hopes just a > little too high. I have heard that there is talk of a sequel. I hope that doesn't happen... > > -Adam > > ________________________________________________________ > NetZero - We believe in a FREE Internet. Shouldn't > you? > Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at > http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html > _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:59:35 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7n7ouk$qrh$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Gigantor and webcast Now you can get a copy of the Gigantor theme song that was played during the webcast, as well as the other songs played, at everyone's favorite, well second favorite, tmbg mp3 site: http://xooming.to/tmbgland Spencer Owen from the tmbg.org message board has made these mp3s from the webcast, and are being hosted by Adam Varn, who runs the website. Thanks guys! -Jay ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:56:28 -1000 From: "Courtney L. Patubo" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project Christine Sinacore sez: >I have heard that there is talk of a sequel. I hope >that doesn't happen... I doubt it. They can't do a sequel without it being one big cliche. Here's a parody sequel from moviejuice.com, tho: >"From the creators of ID4 and Godzilla, comes a new experience in terror, >merchandising, and licensing: The Blair Witch Project 2 a.k.a., BW2. > >"Starring as the team of three young filmmakers: Mel Gibson, Freddie >Prinze Jr., and Catherine Zeta-Jones. And as the Blair Witch, the fully >computer animated voice, physical manifestations, and Tom Cruise fixation >of Rosie O'Donnell. > >"Chill to the sight of rocks and twigs assembling themselves into clever >camp-like crafts through the magic of CGI! Watch as scary trees magically >come to life, scamper toward our hero's' tent, and wrap their leaves and >branches around the kids in an effort to strangle them to death! You'll >hardly believe the terror, if you find any! > >"Enter Paul Newman as Freddie Prinze's grandfather. Paul's the only one >with the secret to destroying the Blair Witch, not to mention the secret >to a tasty Caesar salad. > >"Thus leading to the climactic face-off in a forest clearing, where Paul >calls on the forces of nature to swell up in an enormous maelstrom of >special effects to suck up the Witch back to the demon-world from whence >she came. > >"UNTIL she can return for the inevitable sequel, where she's bound, gagged >and transported to a major metropolitan area to be exhibited as a sideshow >attraction. Shockingly, she escapes, wreaks havoc, and climbs the Empire >State building, where - in the nick of time - Will Smith bravely buzzes an >F-16 around her head and blasts her to smithereens with a sidewinder >missile, but only after he accidentally takes out half the city. > >"The End?????" Courtney L . Patubo - cpatubo@sirius.com toonie@tmbg.org * ICQ #3762743 http://www.sirius.com/~cpatubo "You made my day, now you have to sleep in it." ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199907221859.OAA07224@smtp.snet.net> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:51:51 -0400 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Blair Witch Project > It may not be your run-of-the-mill horror/slasher type movie, but it is > more what it does to your mind... it is more that is unseen than seen that > scares the bejeezus out of people. There hasn't been too many psychological > horror films in a while (what *was* the last one?). i remember the last horror movie that i saw kind of like that was brainscan. man. at the end, my sister and i were like- WHAT? what THE HELL just happened???? whh....but....b....hey! but that's about as close as i can think of. heh. -jen MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:50:45 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7n7ruj$svk$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Webcast still up.... Okay, you cannot find the link to the webcast on the broadcast.com site anywhere, but I checked emusic.com, and they still had the link directly to the webcast: http://www.broadcast.com/music/concerts/theymightbegiants/ So for all of you who missed it the first time round or just want to here it again, go there. -Jay ------------------------------ Message-Id: From: "Steel, W Lee" Subject: RE: TMBG: Webcast still up.... Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 16:07:22 -0400 But what the heck is an .ASX file? Lee Steel Pfizer Engineering x23660 pager: (800) 760-6206 -----Original Message----- From: Jay G. [mailto:Jay@tmbg.org] Sent: Thursday, July 22, 1999 3:51 PM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Webcast still up.... Okay, you cannot find the link to the webcast on the broadcast.com site anywhere, but I checked emusic.com, and they still had the link directly to the webcast: http://www.broadcast.com/music/concerts/theymightbegiants/ So for all of you who missed it the first time round or just want to here it again, go there. -Jay ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:35:39 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7n7uio$usb$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Webcast still up.... > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Steel, W Lee > To: 'Jay G.' ; > Sent: Thursday, July 22, 1999 3:07 PM > Subject: RE: TMBG: Webcast still up.... > >http://www.broadcast.com/music/concerts/theymightbegiants/ > > But what the heck is an .ASX file? .asx file is a Windows media Player file, you need a current version of the program to play it. if you have a mac, you're f*cked, but you can hear the mp3s of the webcast at http://xooming.to/tmbgland -Jay ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #19-23 ******************************