Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #20-22 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 20, Number 22 Sunday, 22 August 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: flans on court tv TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. TMBG: laura cantrell on WFMU Re: TMBG: flans on court tv TMBG: Kiss Me Son Of God - Piano Version TMBG: File link for Kiss Me Son Of God - Piano Version Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. Re: TMBG: mp3spy/shoutcast server Re: TMBG: flans on court tv NON-TMBG: Stone Harbor Mini Golf Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. TMBG: Butcher's Tale - NEW TMBG song!!! TMBG: Oriental Dude Re: TMBG: Oriental Dude TMBG: Bleah. TMBG: Re: Income Re: TMBG: mp3spy/shoutcast server Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. Re: TMBG: Re: Income Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <77f5d99a.24efec09@aol.com> Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 07:48:25 EDT Subject: TMBG: flans on court tv found this on amtmbg.. Subject: FLANSBURGH ON COURT TV!!!! From: zysu28@aol.com (Zysu28) Date: Fri, 20 August 1999 09:20 PM EDT Message-id: <19990820212057.04216.00000190@ng-fi1.aol.com> John Flansburgh proves that he is not only a brilliant musician but also a respected legal expert, as he lends his keen insights to Court TV's first comedy show "SNAP JUDGMENT". The show featuring Flans airs Monday 8/23 7:30pm 11pm and 2am EST (adjust time accordingly for your area!) on Court TV the show will be rebroadcast Friday 8/27 (at the same times) http://www.courttv.com /onair/shows/snapjudgment/ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 11:00:25 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: i dont think im ever gonna figure it out. Message-ID: <19990821.113003.9806.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" still my hero nathan: >Yeah! Everyone knows this list is for messages about spaghetti and >meatballs! Only some of those food thread posts have even come close to >being on on-topic. what's this "meatball" crap you speak of? shut up! (okay, i'm done, before someone bites my head off) >Sounds good. Do I get any free prizes? And do I have to sign them over, >too? oh no, you've found a loop hole in our plan... i'll have to ask the All Powerful and All Knowing Mike Leffel... ever-sincere, eriKa, don't mention lisa. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: Moronwalk@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 13:14:34 EDT Subject: TMBG: laura cantrell on WFMU Saturdays Noon - 3:00 PM Radio Thrift Shop with Laura Cantrell (laura@wfmu.org) Host Laura Cantrell scours the bargain bins, church bazaars and yard sales for those forgotten rekkids of all RPM. Often scratchy, swingy and stringy. Check out wmfu.org or broadcast.com for the link to the webcast. -Kimberly ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <9be2211e.24f07c29@aol.com> Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 18:03:21 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: flans on court tv In a message dated 8/21/99 7:50:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, LimeZinger@aol.com writes: << The show featuring Flans airs Monday 8/23 7:30pm 11pm and 2am EST (adjust time accordingly for your area!) on Court TV the show will be rebroadcast Friday 8/27 (at the same times) >> QUICK!! What channell is it on?? PLEASE!! Ten bucks to the first person to answer! Well... Please! ------------------------------ From: JJRRutgers@aol.com Message-ID: <675723ee.24f0813b@aol.com> Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 18:24:59 EDT Subject: TMBG: Kiss Me Son Of God - Piano Version My good friend just recorded this for me. It's a piano-only version of Kiss Me Son Of God done in various styles. sorry about the break-ups during the file, but I could only tape 60 seconds at a time using sound recorder. ENJOY! ------------------------------ From: JJRRutgers@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 18:28:10 EDT Subject: TMBG: File link for Kiss Me Son Of God - Piano Version http://members.tripod.com/JJRRutgers/kissme.mp3 ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 18:51:16 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. The Dr. Worm video was rejected from MTV? Does anyone know why? ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 18:54:45 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: mp3spy/shoutcast server Hey, that sounds pretty cool. What is it? Is it like a streaming real audio file that continously plays tmbg songs? Whatever it is, could you send me a link so i can check it out? Oh, and yes, you should make a lower bandwith version for us old fashioned 28.8 modem users. Jon ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 19:12:49 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: flans on court tv In a message dated 8/21/99 5:04:54 PM, HeYAnArChY@aol.com writes: >QUICK!! What channell is it on?? PLEASE!! Ten bucks to the first person >to >answer! Well... Please! court tv. check your local listings. sarah ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 19:16:00 EDT Subject: NON-TMBG: Stone Harbor Mini Golf Is anyone out there from Stone Harbor New Jeresy (The best vacation spot on 7 mile island....well, you'll understandthat joke if you're from around jersey.) Or, has anyone ever visited S.H.? If you do live there, or have visited, did you get to play "Tee Time"?, the first officially sanctioned World Minigolf Federation course in America? If you have, you know what im talking about. it rocks. It's a special kind of course. No fake grass. Rather, all 18 holes are on flat 'isolated islands' made of some sort of metal and involve an obstacle you have to get by. On one hole, you must hit the ball up a ramp and into a standing fishing net. On another you must hit the ball over 3 STEEP ramps, the 3rd one leading into a sculpture of a flower filled with sand. No hole for that hole...just a pit of sand. The courses are designed to give the experenced player many hole-in-one opportunities. It's very hard though. a good score for a first timer would be about a 55, an expert could get a 32 (course record). Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has played this course or a course like it. What did you think? By the way, this will be an olympic event in 2004, so if you are totally confused by this e-mail, be patient. you'll see it in a few years. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 19:40:38 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. Message-ID: <19990821.194044.12070.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" >The Dr. Worm video was rejected from MTV? Does anyone know why? MTV doesn't play good music! Silly silly monkey! ever-sincere, eriKa, it's crap-tastic! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37BF387A.3DD7@asan.com> Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 19:38:34 -0400 From: "Robert J. Plass" Organization: Schick Technologies, Inc. - The Leader in Digital Radiography Subject: TMBG: Butcher's Tale - NEW TMBG song!!! Hello exquisite living people, I recently attended a live performance where They Might Be Giants sang a cover of The Zombies "Butcher's Tale" and I recorded it. I made an mp3 out of my recording. Here it is: http://i.am/announcement/ It was recorded at The Fez on July 23, 1999 during the Loser's Lounge Hi-Lites show. Love, Rob Plass ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <5b515397.24f09def@aol.com> Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 20:27:27 EDT Subject: TMBG: Oriental Dude Does anyone know who the asian guy from the Dr. Worm video is? He and Flansburgh both look at eachother, then face the camera in one part. If you don't know who I mean, well then this is an excuse to go watch DFB again and make good use of that 15 dollars you spent on it. ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 20:29:19 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Oriental Dude In a message dated 8/21/99 7:28:50 PM, MrBean43@aol.com writes: >Does anyone know who the asian guy from the Dr. Worm video is? He and > >Flansburgh both look at eachother, then face the camera in one part. If >you >don't know who I mean, well then this is an excuse to go watch DFB again >and >make good use of that 15 dollars you spent on it. that's be dj 5 star spicy from mono puff. he's a cute funny little guy. sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990822015316.32311.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Elendriel ^_^" Subject: TMBG: Bleah. Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 01:53:16 GMT ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <36b30bba.24f0b85e@aol.com> Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 22:20:14 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: Income Alright, excuse me if y'all find this a weird question, but are the johns rich? I mean, they must be getting by if they don't have side "9-5" jobs...but would we dare call them millionares? Any opinions on how much they're worth? P.S.-(Well, of course they are worth all the money the world has in our eyes) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990821222231.00924520@pop.prism.gatech.edu> Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 22:22:50 -0400 From: the hanged man Subject: Re: TMBG: mp3spy/shoutcast server Okay, all you need you will find on www.mp3spy.com Its really just winamp and the mp3spy client (although, technically, you don't even need mp3spy, but its easier that way). I've set it to a much lower kbps. See if its allright. Love, the hanged man At 06:54 PM 8/21/99 -0400, you wrote: >Hey, that sounds pretty cool. > >What is it? Is it like a streaming real audio file that continously plays >tmbg songs? Whatever it is, could you send me a link so i can check it out? > >Oh, and yes, you should make a lower bandwith version for us old fashioned >28.8 modem users. > >Jon ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990822042529.27029.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Giants, etc. Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 21:25:29 PDT MrBean43 wrote: >The Dr. Worm video was rejected from MTV? Does anyone know why? Because MTV is led by Person Man, the Counterfeit Faker, and the ghost of James K. Polk, who were angry at how they were treated in TMBG songs. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990822042839.22082.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Income Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 21:28:39 PDT MrBean43 wrote: >Alright, excuse me if y'all find this a weird question, but are the >johns >rich? I mean, they must be getting by if they don't have side "9-5" >jobs...but would we dare call them millionares? Any opinions on how >much >they're worth? I'm pretty sure that They're not rich at all, and are certainly not millionaires. Millionaires wouldn't have stated that the purpose of the Severe Tire Damage Tour was to pay their bills. There are plenty of professional musicians who make enough to afford decent homes and all that, but are far from rich, and I think that the Johns fall into this category. >P.S.-(Well, of course they are worth all the money the world has in our >eyes) They don't want the world. They just want your half. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #20-22 ******************************