Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #21-10 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 21, Number 10 Friday, 10 September 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Oregon Show TMBG: TMBG Business Name TMBG: Review/Setlist of last night's show???? TMBG: Re: Review/Setlist of last night's show???? TMBG: Re: Review/Setlist of last night's show???? Re: TMBG: Re: Review/Setlist of last night's show???? Re: TMBG: the dans and such Re: TMBG: TMBG Videos. TMBG: Sorry I Fucked Up The Post! Re: TMBG: TMBG Videos. Re: TMBG: TMBG Videos. TMBG: Not Bugs Bunny in The Guitar Re: TMBG: Not Bugs Bunny in The Guitar Re: TMBG: TMBG Videos. Re: TMBG: TMBG Videos. Re: TMBG: Oregon Show TMBG: Brave New World Reminder Re: TMBG: TMBG Videos. Re: TMBG: Oregon Show Re: TMBG: The Edision Laboratory Recordings Re: TMBG: The Edision Laboratory Recordings Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: <592c555d.2508b5ba@aol.com> Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 03:03:22 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Oregon Show In a message dated 9/8/99 8:26:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tooms@proaxis.com writes: > okay, i've asked before, but who exactly is going to the portland show at > the aladdin? *jumping up and down, flailing arms* I"M GOING! I'M GOING! >i'd like to meet some listies (i think), so... yeah. email me, > y'all. Yes! This sounds like fun! > maybe someone could yell something to identify the listies. Hmmm, last year yelling "SNAIL SHELL" and the response was "THANK YOU" seemed to work at many shows. But, when I did it last year in Portland I just got very wierd looks. So I clammed up real quick. Of course, nobody gave the guy standing behind me any problems, while during the breaks inbetween songs he kept screaming..."JOHN'S THE COOL ONE!" at the top of his lungs. Well, until Linnell looked out and just gave this very annoyed look and everyone around me started laughing. > i suggest either "mike leffel is a hot bastard" or "too drunk to > masturbate". :) Well, YOU can holler that, but I will NOT be answering. :) ummmm, yeah... -Kreadoubt "Hey, can I see that ball? oh, c'mon...I just want to see it, I promise I'll give it back. IIIII juuuussttt......waaaaantt.....toooooo...seeeeeeeeeee....it" JL ------------------------------ From: "Erik J. Chuss" Message-ID: <852567E7.00489717.00@notes831.cc.telcordia.com> Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 09:12:50 -0400 Subject: TMBG: TMBG Business Name Said: Tmbg4life@aol.com In one of my high school classes we have to think of a business name and I came up with a banking business named "They Might be Accountants" (Yes THEY are the presidents of the company. But anyways I would just like to know if your people out there can help think of a TMBG related slogan for a banking/accounting business. Thanx > Why parts of the businessperson discussion in "Snowball in Hell" would fit nicely. "Not back on it Joe, STILL on it". ;-) Erik ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 10:16:49 -0400 From: Peter Ohlert Message-ID: <37D7C150.550B8C2F@icdc.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Review/Setlist of last night's show???? Anyone out there with a review/setlist of last night's TMBG tour kickoff??? -- ****************** Peter Ohlert Web Developer Internet Connect, Inc. (877)GET-ICDC ohlert@icdc.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 14:19:46 -0400 From: Whiplash Message-ID: <37D7FA41.31550831@worldnet.att.net> Organization: AT&T WorldNet Services Subject: TMBG: Re: Review/Setlist of last night's show???? With the exception of Drinking, Meet James Ensor, and Dr. Worm, these are presented in no particular order. Just as I remember them. All songs noted with a (!) are songs that surprised me to hear them play, for some reason or another. Explanations to follow. Drinking, Meet James Ensor, The Flood Triumverate (Birdhouse, Istanbul, Particle Man... duh.), Your Racist Friend, Twisting, Letterbox(!), Whistling In The Dark, She's Actual Size, Mammal, The Guitar (complete with bridge that included Say You, Say Me by Lionel Ritchie... !), Till My Head Falls Off, New York City, James K. Polk, Pet Name, Spy, No One Knows My Plan, Don't Let's Start (!), We're the Replacements(!), Mr. Klaw(!!!), The Famous Polka, Ana Ng(!), Shoehorn With Teeth, She Thinks She's Edith Head, Maybe I Know, Older, Counterfeit Faker(!), It's So Loud In Here, Cyclops Rock, and Dr. Worm. I am pretty sure that's all of them. Explanations: Letterbox... Wow! They played it live! I have never heard it live, in 5 years of TMBG concertgoing! The Guitar... Don't they usually play the cover stuff during Spy...? Don't Let's Start... Damn, I was beginning to think they would never play this one again! We're The Replacements... A b-side they stopped playing in 92? At my show? Cool! Mr. Klaw... Mr. Klaw?!?!? Ana Ng... it wasn't surprising that they played this song. What surprised me was that they played it exactly as it sounds on Lincoln. Same tempo, instrumentation, no weird intro sequence .Just Ana Ng. Of the four or five times I have seen it, it has never been performed like it appears on the album. Until now, at least! Counterfeit Faker... They had the scary puppets "sing" this... The voices were pumped in, while the Band of Dans Plus Graham played the music. Different. Questions: When did they wrap the cannon with a teddy bear? It was a weird thing to see.... it looked like this teddy spewed forth confetti during James K. Polk. Anyone else notice how much the singer/ keyboardist of You Were Spiralling (the opening act) looks like Linnell? It's creepy. He looks exactly like a 25 year old Linnell, especially from profile. When will they bring back the horns?!? When? What do I have to do to get them to do it? Bribe? Cajole? Sacrafice blood? Just name the price, I'll pay... Okay, I'm done. ~Whip ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 14:24:56 -0400 From: Whiplash Message-ID: <37D7FB78.99932B@worldnet.att.net> Organization: AT&T WorldNet Services Subject: TMBG: Re: Review/Setlist of last night's show???? Oops! I forgot to mention that they also sang Sorry I Fucked Up The Show (with Flans AND Linnell each singing a verse!) and what I call the Dan Hickey's Gonna Play The Glockenspiel Song. (AKA the "Cog Theme.") ~Whip ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37D7FDBC.F89EFC5B@airmail.net> Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 13:34:36 -0500 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Review/Setlist of last night's show???? They've played we're the replacements since 92... at least once, at a show in St. Petersburg FL I attended in 1997. Man... that sounds like a really cool show tho. Only one song I dislike (Pet Name), and tons I love. I'd be happy if they stuck with that same setlist on 9/19 in Dallas... or they could mix it up, you know, whatever. Destin Whiplash wrote: > Drinking, Meet James Ensor, The Flood Triumverate (Birdhouse, Istanbul, > Particle Man... duh.), Your Racist Friend, Twisting, Letterbox(!), > Whistling In The Dark, She's Actual Size, Mammal, The Guitar (complete > with bridge that included Say You, Say Me by Lionel Ritchie... !), Till > My Head Falls Off, New York City, James K. Polk, Pet Name, Spy, No One > Knows My Plan, Don't Let's Start (!), We're the Replacements(!), Mr. > Klaw(!!!), The Famous Polka, Ana Ng(!), Shoehorn With Teeth, She Thinks > She's Edith Head, Maybe I Know, Older, Counterfeit Faker(!), It's So > Loud In Here, Cyclops Rock, and Dr. Worm. I am pretty sure that's all of > them. > > Explanations: > We're The Replacements... A b-side they stopped playing in 92? At my show? > Cool! ------------------------------ From: DKocar@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 16:58:21 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: the dans and such khurby@juno.com writes: > what about cub? I know nothing of Cub, but speaking of...I just heard them (playing the original New York City) on the radio today! I'd never heard it before, and I just thought it was pretty cool to hear. It was almost as thrilling as hearing TMBG get airplay! Diana ------------------------------ From: Azelma1115@aol.com Message-ID: <2a8a5263.250979e1@aol.com> Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:00:17 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Videos. Kay wrote: > Birdhouse in Your soul: The disembodied floating Linnell head, and the part > near the end where it looks like Flans comes thisclose to whacking Linnell > with his guitar Hehe, those are great. I also love the part where Flans puts the pipe in his mouth, I laugh at that every single time. Now I have a question: what's the deal with Flans and pipes? He has a pipe in his mouth for like one second in the "Birdhouse" and "Don't Let's Start" videos, there's a pipe on the desk in the "Ana Ng" video, and the globe thing in the "Istanbul" video has a pipe too. Beth ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 17:24:10 -0400 From: Whiplash Message-ID: <37D8257A.B05354A6@worldnet.att.net> Organization: AT&T WorldNet Services Subject: TMBG: Sorry I Fucked Up The Post! Sigh... I did it again... Some kind soul pointed out a boo-boo I made in my song list for the show last night. They did NOT play Meet James Ensor. It was James K. Polk. Man, I really hope they don't write another song about a guy named "James." It's just too tough on my poor head... ~Whip Whiplash wrote: > With the exception of Drinking, Meet James Ensor, and Dr. Worm, these > are presented in no particular order. Just as I remember them. All songs > noted with a (!) are songs that surprised me to hear them play, for some > reason or another. Explanations to follow. > > Drinking, Meet James Ensor, The Flood Triumverate (Birdhouse, Istanbul, > Particle Man... duh.), Your Racist Friend, Twisting, Letterbox(!), > Whistling In The Dark, She's Actual Size, Mammal, The Guitar (complete > with bridge that included Say You, Say Me by Lionel Ritchie... !), Till > My Head Falls Off, New York City, James K. Polk, Pet Name, Spy, No One > Knows My Plan, Don't Let's Start (!), We're the Replacements(!), Mr. > Klaw(!!!), The Famous Polka, Ana Ng(!), Shoehorn With Teeth, She Thinks > She's Edith Head, Maybe I Know, Older, Counterfeit Faker(!), It's So > Loud In Here, Cyclops Rock, and Dr. Worm. I am pretty sure that's all of > them. > > Explanations: > > Letterbox... Wow! They played it live! I have never heard it live, in 5 > years of TMBG concertgoing! > > The Guitar... Don't they usually play the cover stuff during Spy...? > > Don't Let's Start... Damn, I was beginning to think they would never > play this one again! > > We're The Replacements... A b-side they stopped playing in 92? At my > show? Cool! > > Mr. Klaw... Mr. Klaw?!?!? > > Ana Ng... it wasn't surprising that they played this song. What > surprised me was that they played it exactly as it sounds on Lincoln. > Same tempo, instrumentation, no weird intro sequence .Just Ana Ng. Of > the four or five times I have seen it, it has never been performed like > it appears on the album. Until now, at least! > > Counterfeit Faker... They had the scary puppets "sing" this... The > voices were pumped in, while the Band of Dans Plus Graham played the > music. Different. > > Questions: > When did they wrap the cannon with a teddy bear? It was a weird thing > to see.... it looked like this teddy spewed forth confetti during James > K. Polk. > > Anyone else notice how much the singer/ keyboardist of You Were > Spiralling (the opening act) looks like Linnell? It's creepy. He looks > exactly like a 25 year old Linnell, especially from profile. > > When will they bring back the horns?!? When? What do I have to do to get > them to do it? Bribe? Cajole? Sacrafice blood? Just name the price, I'll > pay... > > Okay, I'm done. > ~Whip ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990909215102.67406.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Videos. Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 14:51:01 PDT Beth wrote: >Now I have a question: what's the >deal with Flans and pipes? He has a pipe in his mouth for like one second >in >the "Birdhouse" and "Don't Let's Start" videos, there's a pipe on the desk >in >the "Ana Ng" video, and the globe thing in the "Istanbul" video has a >pipe >too. As does Flans, when he's animated for a few seconds. The smoke from the pipe is cut with a saw. As for the answer to your question, I don't know. Someone (I think it might have been Chris Stangl) suggested that it was because he was a sort of father figure. (You know, fetch your father his pipe and slippers, that sort of thing.) Maybe he really does smoke a pipe. I've heard somewhere that he smokes cigars, so I guess a pipe wouldn't be that far of a stretch, although they're somewhat less common nowadays. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37D82D73.39CC31E3@airmail.net> Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 16:58:11 -0500 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Videos. Actually, my favorite part of the Birdhouse video is that quick shot of the bone falling down out of midair. I guess the video director figured it hadn't REALLY turned into a spaceship after the ape tossed it into the sky in that movie... :) Destin > Kay wrote: > > Birdhouse in Your soul: The disembodied floating Linnell head, and the > part > > near the end where it looks like Flans comes thisclose to whacking Linnell > > with his guitar ------------------------------ From: "Danny Jones" Subject: TMBG: Not Bugs Bunny in The Guitar Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:02:26 -0500 Message-ID: <000001befb0f$017b6da0$0d66dc89@umc013.bsc.edu> > Also, there's a bit in The Guitar that sounds like it's from a Bugs > Bunny cartoon... the gibberish-speak that Linnell lip-synchs in the > video. I'm thinking from "Bugs and Thugs," when Bugs is ordered at > gunpoint to "talk" and he, well, speaks like that. No, if it's the part that I think you are talking about (I think it ends with "That's all, Gotta go"), it comes from a computer version of Monopoly. It's the computer voice for the auctioneer for when property is auctioned. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37D831A4.44B176C@airmail.net> Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 17:16:04 -0500 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: Not Bugs Bunny in The Guitar Hmmm... I think I know what you're talking about... in Monopoly Deluxe, for Windows? I think it's the same idea, and similar-sounding, but I don't think it's from the same source. It couldn't be from the game directly, which didn't exist in 1991 or 1992 (whenever the album was actually recorded). Unless you're thinking of another older monopoly game, in which case it's entirely possible I guess. Now who can place the "moo?" Destin... postin' like a mofo... Danny Jones wrote: > > Also, there's a bit in The Guitar that sounds like it's from a Bugs > > Bunny cartoon... the gibberish-speak that Linnell lip-synchs in the > > video. I'm thinking from "Bugs and Thugs," when Bugs is ordered at > > gunpoint to "talk" and he, well, speaks like that. > > No, if it's the part that I think you are talking about (I think it ends > with "That's all, Gotta go"), it comes from a computer version of Monopoly. > It's the computer voice for the auctioneer for when property is auctioned. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 19:03:32 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37D83CC4.D6ABDC97@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Videos. I think he does smoke cigars on occasion. -A Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > > Beth wrote: > >Now I have a question: what's the > >deal with Flans and pipes? He has a pipe in his mouth for like one second > >in > >the "Birdhouse" and "Don't Let's Start" videos, there's a pipe on the desk > >in > >the "Ana Ng" video, and the globe thing in the "Istanbul" video has a >pipe > >too. > > As does Flans, when he's animated for a few seconds. The smoke from the > pipe is cut with a saw. > > As for the answer to your question, I don't know. Someone (I think it might > have been Chris Stangl) suggested that it was because he was a sort of > father figure. (You know, fetch your father his pipe and slippers, that > sort of thing.) Maybe he really does smoke a pipe. I've heard somewhere > that he smokes cigars, so I guess a pipe wouldn't be that far of a stretch, > although they're somewhat less common nowadays. > -- > Yours 'til my head falls off > Nathan > DinnerBell@tmbg.org > http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ > > ______________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990909234711.86725.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Reverend Kristina K. Panos" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Videos. Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 18:47:11 CDT Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: >Maybe he really does smoke a pipe. I've heard somewhere >that he smokes cigars, so I guess a pipe wouldn't be that far of a stretch, >although they're somewhat less common nowadays. As far as I know, Flansburgh usually makes fun of Dan Miller (I think) for smoking . . . like, (to the audience) "Here comes Dan, back from his cigarette break . . . how was that cigarette, Dan?" I'm not sure about this, but I'm fairly certain that Flansburgh is the Smoking Gestapo of the group. Kristina "Maestro, I say, right on!" Panos ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:06:42 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Oregon Show Message-ID: <19990909.195308.9750.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" >i suggest either "mike leffel is a hot bastard" or "too drunk to >masturbate". :) you could try "mike leffel is too drunk to masturbate." ^_^ ever-sincere, eriKa, because he is! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <418fff1c.2509a30e@aol.com> Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 19:55:58 EDT Subject: TMBG: Brave New World Reminder Hey everyone: Even though TMBG isn't on Brave New World until next week, I thought I'd send a reminder to those of you that were taping all the shows in the series -- the 7th show in the series is on tonight (ABC, 10pm EDT). Karen :-) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990910001216.34697.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Videos. Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 17:12:14 PDT Kristina Panos wrote: >As far as I know, Flansburgh usually makes fun of Dan Miller (I think) for >smoking . . . like, (to the audience) "Here comes Dan, back from his >cigarette break . . . how was that cigarette, Dan?" My guess is that Flans smokes occasionally, but doesn't have the same level of nicotine addiction as Dan. I suppose it's still a bit hypocritical of him to tease Dan for a bad habit that he shares, but it's probably just a joke. Or maybe John knows from first-hand experience what smoking will do to you. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990910001410.73841.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Oregon Show Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 17:14:09 PDT eriKa wrote: > >i suggest either "mike leffel is a hot bastard" or "too drunk to > >masturbate". :) > >you could try "mike leffel is too drunk to masturbate." ^_^ Or maybe "Mike Leffel is too much of a bastard to masturbate while drunk." -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990909220849.0096a330@pop.prism.gatech.edu> Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 22:10:16 -0400 From: the hanged man Subject: Re: TMBG: The Edision Laboratory Recordings I was a tard and posted this to one person instead of the list. Sorry person. Just a thought. Perhaps they could publish it on CD-R media. As far as small quantities are concerned, this is a much more cost-effective if not time effective method. Just a possibility. Later, the hanged man At 09:53 PM 9/6/99 -0400, you wrote: >At 09:22 PM 9/6/99 -0400, tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > >>just playing devil's advocate here... > >No problem. :-) > >> do you ever think that they haven't released that stuff for a >> reason? i >>mean come on, i don't think that if it was extremely important for them >>to release that material - that it would still be sitting there in the >>depths of tmbg's vault of unreleased & undiscovered stuff. > >I see your point, and in a way, that sort of gets back to what I want in >the first place. A lot of this stuff isn't A-level material...a lot of >it's lo-fi, very rough around the edges, etc., and because of that, it has >zero chance in the marketplace. Only the most die-hard fans would be >interested, and I think that'd probably be the best thing -- die-hard fans >who might've been turned off by Hello (I wasn't really interested, although >at the time I didn't have a job and couldn't afford it) would be very >likely to subscribe, even if the price was somewhat high (say, $40-60 a year). > >> On top of that, hello records was a pretty dismal business >> venture. do >>you not remember how long it took them just to get enough money together >>to press and then send out all of that stuff... it was frustrating for >>the subscribers and i'm sure just as much, if not more, for those taht >>were making them. > >I see your point there, but I think there'd be a larger market (more sales >= more money) and they could probably get away with charging more if they >catered to a more specific audience. That's just my thought, though -- I >don't think anyone could say for sure either way until they actually did >it...or did some sort of market research, which would be too pricey for >such a venture. ;-) > >> suggesting that if it was just TMBG material doesn't seem like a >>*better* idea by any means. I was mostly attracted to hello because it >>was a variety of artists... those that "no one" had heard of. On top of >>that, what makes you think that a band that has difficulty signing to a >>major record label (probably because of the fact that they are no longer >>selling the huge quantities of albums (i'm not talking about potential >>here, just fact)) is going to be able to make it a profitable business by >>selling material that for one reason or another wasn't good enough to >>make it on to an album before? > >I agree that it probably wouldn't be that profitable, but I think it could >break even or make a tiny, somewhat insignificant profit (like, ordering >pizzas for the band one night a year). A low run of CDs isn't that >expensive, especially if it's on somewhat inexpensive media. Shipping >would be a pain, and managing the whole thing would more than likely be >more trouble/costly than anything else, but...it'd be a labor of love. (I >tried for several minutes to come up with something better than that, >without luck. ;-) > >I guess distribution through mp3 makes more sense than a CD subscription >service, but really...ick. I know there are lots of mp3 advocates out >there, but there's something so lovely about having a CD that's not gold, >blue, green, or purple on the back... ;-) > >> uhm, i was going somewhere but all in all, i'm not trying to >> discourage >>you from presenting the idea to flans or marjorie... I, of, course would >>be one of the first subscribers again --- i'm just trying to point out >>the possible faults with the idea (?) > >Yeah, and it's not that original an idea, really. I'm sure the Giants have >already thought about it and dismissed the idea, but I really, really like >it. :-) > >-Adam ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990909221259.0096ce70@pop.prism.gatech.edu> Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 22:14:14 -0400 From: the hanged man Subject: Re: TMBG: The Edision Laboratory Recordings Note to Self: Read all mail before replying. Sorry guys. At 10:04 PM 9/6/99 -0400, you wrote: >Duplicating on CD-R media (I dunno if it'd technically be called burning; I >believe the process is different than burning a CD on a PC), similar to the >"We Might Be Giants Too" release or the way many radio promos are handled >nowadays would be very, very inexpensive. > >-Adam > >At 10:00 PM 9/6/99 -0400, Coolfro38@aol.com wrote: > >>Well, if they just burnt the CDs, which would obviously be a lot cheaper, it >>wouldn't really be very expensive for them. Plus, there's just something >>that's irritating about mP3s. Obviously, through mP3 sound it would be >>cheaper, but I don't think that the price would really make such a difference. > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #21-10 ******************************