Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #21-2 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 21, Number 2 Thursday, 2 September 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Way back when TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ Re: NON-TMBG: Way back when TMBG: TMBG mp3 site back up! Re: TMBG: TMBGoth? (was Linnell hair) TMBG: Oh, and another thing... TMBG: hello... Austin show TMBG: show in NO Re: TMBG: Article in the Onion TMBG: FTP browsers Re: TMBG: Way back when TMBG: Re: State Songs Release Date and Info! TMBG: Radio TMBG TMBG: i'm back! :) TMBG: St. Louis Show!!!! TMBG: Current Dates RE: TMBG: Current Dates RE: TMBG: Current Dates RE: TMBG: Current Dates TMBG: Hall Of Mayors Re: TMBG: Current Dates Re: TMBG: Current Dates Re: TMBG: Hall Of Mayors TMBG: Vegas show question Re: TMBG: Current Dates Re: TMBG: Current Dates Re: TMBG: Current Dates TMBG: Re: Current Dates Re: TMBG: Radio TMBG Re: TMBG: hello... Austin show Re: TMBG: Radio TMBG TMBG: Question. Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Carroll387@aol.com Message-ID: <59042b11.24fe21c3@aol.com> Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 02:29:23 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Way back when In a message dated 8/31/99 7:09:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time, spruilla@epix.net writes: << I dont think they are. I think i've seen a pic. of Flans eating a burger, but ya never know. -A >> Well, I have an audio interview...a really, really old one...like in the 80's where John Flansburgh mentions that he is a vegetarian. But things change and I'm sure he did too...in fact, I believe one of my friends mentioned that she saw him eatin' a burger...now it might be a veggie burger but one may never know. Anyway, I thought I would share that with all TMBG listees! ~Carroll387 ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 03:15:00 -0400 (EDT) From: Majordomo Message-Id: <199909010715.DAA95114@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** This notice is posted twice a month to tmbg-list and tmbg-digest, as well as sent to all new users. Please read it if you have questions about the list. The TMBG mailing list is administered by Leo Bicknell . It provides a forum for discussing They Might Be Giants and Their music. 1) Unsubscribing from the list It is easy to unsubscribe from this mailing list. If you are subscribed to the regular, or "bounce" list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-list e-mail@address in the body of a message to . To unsubscribe from the tmbg-digest digested version of the list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-digest e-mail@address in the body of a message to . "e-mail@address" stands for the email address that is subscribed to the list. If you are sending the command from the email account that is subscribed, this part of the command is optional. If you have problems, send mail to . 2) Subscribing to the list Follow the instructions above for unsubscribing but send the word 'subscribe' rather than unsubscribe. :-) Keep in mind that tmbg-list will send you a copy of each message as it's written, which may be a lot. tmbg-digest will send you all the messages written in a day in the middle of the night. See http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/ for more information. 3) Sending messages to the list To send a message to the list just mail it to tmbg-list@tmbg.org and it will get sent out to everyone. Please don't mail any chain letters, make money fast schemes, "me too" messages, or anything else that doesn't contribute to the discussion about TMBG. IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT When you send a message to the list you are sending messages to hundreds of people. Make sure that your message is one that hundreds of people need to read. Do not send "me too" messages to the list. Do not send messages about non-tmbg topics to the list. Hold private conversations in private e-mail. Sending messages that the list administrator deems off topic will result in your being removed from the list. 4) The TMBG FAQ The They Might Be Giants Frequently Asked Questions list is a compilation of the most requested information about the Johns. It is maintained by John Relph . To get the latest copy of the FAQ, you can do any of the following things. First, it is available on the World Wide Web at: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ.html and, for a plaintext version: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ Second, it is posted regularly on the newsgroup alt.music.tmbg. Third, if you can't get to one of those places, you can mail me and I'll send you a copy. 5) The websites The unofficial web site, http://www.tmbg.org/ has all sorts of good TMBG information including information on this mailing list (http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/) as well as pointers to where you can read the list via news. You'll also find lyrics, chords, and interpretations for many of the songs. Also try out the Official TMBG Website at: http://www.tmbg.com/ As always, thank you for your mind. *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990901124509.16364.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Way back when Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 05:45:09 PDT Lydia wrote: >::grinz evilly:: I'm a carnivore. We EAT vegitarians >;D Well, if you were a cannibal, vegetarians would probably be the best choice of people to eat, since they're lower on the food chain than the rest of us. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 10:49:32 -0400 From: Peter Ohlert Message-ID: <37CD3CFC.7498E553@icdc.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: TMBG mp3 site back up! Hey all, If you all didn't know, the TMBG b-side/rarities mp3 site is back up... http://www.twistid.com/tmbg/ -- ****************** Peter Ohlert Web Developer Internet Connect, Inc. (877)GET-ICDC ohlert@icdc.com ------------------------------ From: Coolfro38@aol.com Message-ID: <2920ebbd.24fe9d63@aol.com> Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 11:16:51 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBGoth? (was Linnell hair) Well, I wouldn't say that I'm a "goth". I refuse to wear dark clothing in the summer (due to an inexplainable fear of heat exhaustion). In addition, I don't listen to any "Goth" music. As a matter of fact, much of what I listen to is gospel. So, not all TMBG fans are "Goths"!!! HA! Take THAT!!!!!!!!!!! With the utmost of sincerity, The Jesster ------------------------------ From: Coolfro38@aol.com Message-ID: <17248929.24fe9dd7@aol.com> Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 11:18:47 EDT Subject: TMBG: Oh, and another thing... I know that "Jester" is spelled with only one "s", I use two because my name is "Jesse"...just thought that I'd clarify that ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19990901104417.0068b4d8@ramail.angelo.edu> Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 10:44:17 -0500 From: David Garcia Subject: TMBG: hello... Austin show Hello... I have been a fan of TMBG since I guess around their first album. I was watching Nick-tv for kids and they were showing a video for "don't lets start" when I was around 11 However, the last CD i bought was "John Henry". Also they are going to be playing in Texas. I will be in Austin when they play. Does anyone have info about the Austin concert like how much are the tickets and where they can be sold...? E-mail me at pix@ramail.angelo.edu ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 11:13:38 -0500 From: John David Crafton Message-ID: <37CD50B2.4ADDD4FC@yahoo.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: show in NO Hey, is anyone going to the New Orleans show? it's on Sept 16, and I'm planning on being there. please let me know b/c I'd really like to meet some of you people. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199909011640.MAA58526@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 12:41:22 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: Article in the Onion At 12:27 AM 9/1/1999 -0400, HeYAnArChY@aol.com wrote: > > >> Might you be referring to a certain LTW track? If so, it would never have >> occured to me, except that OASB came on TMBG radio as I was reading the >> article. Talk about good timing :) > >OASB...? Sorry, I don't have Long Tall Weekend :( > Operators Are Standing By --Jason, who's shocked that Starz aired "Clue", and only showed the first ending, totally ignoring the second ending and the third, "real" ending-- ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <351dc7c1.24fec8c0@aol.com> Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 14:21:52 EDT Subject: TMBG: FTP browsers Does anyone out there have a suggestion for a good FTP browser I could use? I had one, but I can't use it anymore because my 30 day trial ran out. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 15:14:33 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37CD7B19.D0E8BFE9@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: Way back when WEll, I dont eat meat because i dont like the taste, not because i think it's wrong. hell, it's the food chain. kill or be killed. and i dont care either way if the johns eat meat or not. it's all good. -A HeYAnArChY@aol.com wrote: > > > HEY...i'm a veggitatrian. No offense taken though. I know that niehter > > one of them are veggans...they come in contact with far too many animal > > bi-products to be. As for veggitarian, I don't know. I dont think they > > are. I think i've seen a pic. of Flans eating a burger, but ya never > > know. > > -A > > ::grinz evilly:: I'm a carnivore. We EAT vegitarians >;D > Seriously tho, no offense intended. Reasonable for someone who is or is > not something to hope their favorite band is or is not also the same thing, > respectively :D > > Lydia > Chowin' down on Bambi since 1837!! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 15:07:39 -0500 From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Message-ID: Organization: The University of Iowa Subject: TMBG: Re: State Songs Release Date and Info! On Mon, 30 Aug 1999 rubberband_girl@my-deja.com wrote: > Marcy Playground *are* releasing a second album. November 2nd Cha! They kept saying things like "it will be out in late winter." "New album should be out as early as late spring." "Summer?" I did not know about Nov. 2, because I can't look at the Playground website. It is all whiny and crybaby and toilet and wants to be all gloomy and sad, so the hell with it. November 2 is too far away to count on, though. It will be pushed back again, no doubt. Everyone should be happy about this and buy the first Marcy Playground record because it was very good and John Wozniak is a TMBG fan and totally copies Linnell's acting style in their videos (except "Coming up from Behind," where John W. seems to be developing his own video-persona) and no one should be embarrassed to say they love this band. It is not Marcy Playground's fault that their song got airplay because it said "Sex" in the title and not because it was good. I am indeed experimenting with writing like a fifth grader. -Rev. Chris Stangl ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000b01bef4c4$b8ed9d60$c59ea2d1@tk421> From: "-=eRiCh=-" Subject: TMBG: Radio TMBG Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 14:55:11 -0700 Man this thing is cool! i want to keep it on all the to hear what comes next. The text just said "This is a song from our upcoming new album tentantivly title "Unreliable Narrator" and it played "Older" so I guess unreliable narrator is the unofficial new album title! -=eRiCh=- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 16:17:57 -0400 Subject: TMBG: i'm back! :) Message-ID: <19990901.191831.-136257.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: Jordan Arnot HEy Hey Kiddies! ok so my departure from the list was short-lived (yeahyeah you all know i couldn't stay away for too long). I am finally finished with my move to NYC so... if any of you are planning on catching the four TMBG shows at the bowery ballroom at the end of october LMK. other news relevant to TMBG fans... the Candy Butchers released their album "fall in place" yesterday (tuesday) you should all check that out. My neighbor (who's friends with the CB's manager) told me that they're planning a national tour for the winter and spring so stay tuned for that! :) take it easy, JOrdaN 9/2 Dmitri From Paris w/ Andy Smith 9/8 Moby 9/16 MTX 9/19 Homegrown jaa237@is9.nyu.edu ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 19:22:24 -0500 From: Laura Message-ID: <37CDC33E.FE56411D@connectria.com> Organization: no thank you Subject: TMBG: St. Louis Show!!!! Okay, I am SO excited. I knew John and John would stick to their promise and come back in the fall. Here's the info for anyone interested: Monday (ouch!)October 11 doors 7:30/show 8:30 special guests You Were Spiralling $13 in advanced, $15 at the door all ages (yes! MN is known for sometimes being 21+) with $2 surcharge for minors (but hey, you get a free soda for the $2!) Yay! Now all I gotta do is convince my parents I can wake up for school the next day and try and talk my dad into taking me, even though he'll have work the next day....and I'm set. Okay, Laura -- "What's the matter, someone steal the surprise from your cereal?" Too late or soon to make noise about love and there's no time for sorrow Run around in the rain with a hole in the brain till tomorrow ------------------------------ From: "Lee Steel" Subject: TMBG: Current Dates Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 20:30:16 -0700 Message-ID: 09/08/99 Winston-Salem NC Ziggy's 09/09/99 Charleston SC Music Farm 09/10/99 Atlanta GA Roxy Theatre 09/11/99 Raleigh NC Ritz 09/12/99 Knoxville TN Bijou Theatre 09/14/99 Savannah GA Roundhouse 09/15/99 Birmingham AL Five Points Music Hall 09/16/99 New Orleans LA Tipitina's Uptown 09/17/99 Austin TX La Zona Rosa 09/18/99 San Antonio TX Laurie Auditorium 09/19/99 Dallas TX Gypsy Tea Room 09/21/99 Santa Fe NM Paramount 09/22/99 Albuquerque NM Sunshine Theatre 09/23/99 Scottsdale AZ Cajun House 09/24/99 San Diego CA 4th & B 09/25/99 Las Vegas NV Hard Rock Hotel - The Joint 09/27/99 West Hollywood CA House Of Blues 09/28/99 West Hollywood CA House Of Blues 09/29/99 San Francisco CA Warfield 09/30/99 Portland OR Aladdin Theatre 10/01/99 Seattle WA Show Box 10/02/99 Spokane WA Met 10/03/99 Missoula MT University Theatre 10/05/99 Boulder CO Boulder Theater 10/06/99 Denver CO Bluebird Theater 10/08/99 Minneapolis MN Great Hall 10/11/99 St. Louis MO Mississippi Nights 10/14/99 Pittsburgh PA Metropol 10/15/99 Washington DC 9:30 Club 10/16/99 Washington DC 9:30 Club 10/20/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom 10/21/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom 10/22/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom 10/23/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom Here are all the current dates listed by Pollstar! WaaaHoooooo Three nights in a row at the Bowery Ballroom. ------------------------------ From: "Bridget Therease" Subject: RE: TMBG: Current Dates Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 17:38:19 -0700 Message-ID: <000101bef4db$744bea60$06c76ac6@tooms> > 10/20/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom > 10/21/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom > 10/22/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom > 10/23/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom > > Here are all the current dates listed by Pollstar! > WaaaHoooooo Three nights in a row at the Bowery Ballroom. that's four, bud... four. :) bridget "stupid corrections since 198_5_" guildner ------------------------------ From: "Lee Steel" Subject: RE: TMBG: Current Dates Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 20:34:52 -0700 Message-ID: Sheesh, I was so excited I saw four and thought four and typed three. -----Original Message----- From: Bridget Therease [mailto:tooms@proaxis.com] Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 1999 5:38 PM To: Lee Steel; tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: RE: TMBG: Current Dates > 10/20/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom > 10/21/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom > 10/22/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom > 10/23/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom > > Here are all the current dates listed by Pollstar! > WaaaHoooooo Three nights in a row at the Bowery Ballroom. that's four, bud... four. :) bridget "stupid corrections since 198_5_" guildner ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990902003731.43307.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Reverend Kristina K. Panos" Subject: RE: TMBG: Current Dates Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 19:37:31 CDT > > 10/20/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom > > 10/21/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom > > 10/22/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom > > 10/23/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom > > > > Here are all the current dates listed by Pollstar! > > WaaaHoooooo Three nights in a row at the Bowery Ballroom. > >that's four, bud... four. :) And I'm going to two of them! Whee! Kristina "Captain Elation" Panos "Fuck Jesus!" - John Flansburgh ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <7b26abb9.24ff21c6@aol.com> Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 20:41:42 EDT Subject: TMBG: Hall Of Mayors What is the Hall Of Mayors album that Linnell released? Is it a full cd? ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 20:56:22 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Current Dates Message-ID: <19990901.205623.9046.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" >Here are all the current dates listed by Pollstar! Does anyone know if they'll be coming to Ohio? Because if not, I'll go to that Pittsburgh show, but it would be kind of inconvenient because that's my mom's birthday and I have school and I could be worrying for nothing if only they'll come to Ohio! Someone help me! GAH! PS. Hey Pittsburgh people (there's got to be at least one here...) - is this Metropol all ages? ever-sincere, eriKa, I've already missed Them three times! I can't take it anymore! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199909020101.VAA21996@f04n01.cac.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 21:02:56 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: Current Dates At 08:56 PM 9/1/1999 -0400, Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: >PS. Hey Pittsburgh people (there's got to be at least one here...) eh, there's a few of us... - is >this Metropol all ages? For a show, yeah. The age segregation will start as soon as the concert's over. I think the upstairs is limited to 21+ and the floor is 18+. The show itself should be all ages, though. --Jason-- "I'm not trying to make sense, I'm just talking." -John Flansburgh "You could say, like, 'Americans are stupid', but that would be incredibly mean." -John Linnell ------------------------------ From: Dexter Flansburgh Subject: Re: TMBG: Hall Of Mayors Date: Wed, Sep 1 1999 21:24:03 GMT-0400 Message-Id: <01240367181817@thinner.com> Actually, it's "House of Mayors," not Hall. It was released through John Flansburgh's Hello C.D. of the Month club (currently defunct, unfortunately). That's the same place he released the orginal State Songs e.p., containing only 5 tracks. House of Mayors contains 10 tracks, but is considered an e.p., becuase of the fact that it's so short. It has mostly instrumental tracks. All of the songs are dedicated to or about a former mayor of New York (one of them was even written by one). It's an okay C.D., but really displays the oddness that is John Linnell. If you hear this, and then listen to a Mono Puff disc, you can really tell who does what TMBG stuff, cause the styles are so different. I think that HOM is available through the TMBG catologue (that's how I got my copy), so if you want it, try looking through one. Hope that helps! -dex > >From: MrBean43@aol.com >Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 20:41:42 EDT >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Hall Of Mayors > >What is the Hall Of Mayors album that Linnell released? Is it a full cd? > * ------------------------------------------------------- Free vanity e-mail at http://www.mailworks.com ------------------------------ From: Dexter Flansburgh Subject: TMBG: Vegas show question Date: Wed, Sep 1 1999 21:25:02 GMT-0400 Message-Id: <01250265681830@thinner.com> Does anyone know who the opening act will be for the show in Las Vegas, or if They will even have one? Love? What do you know of love?! Dexter M. Flansburgh * ------------------------------------------------------- Free vanity e-mail at http://www.mailworks.com ------------------------------ From: RingOH@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 21:41:46 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Current Dates Aaaauuuuugggghhhh!!!! My dad won't take me to the show in Pittsburgh. We live in Cleveland, I'll only miss one day of school! The agony! This is the last time They'll be semi-close to here for who knows how long. Hmm... On second thought, any Clevelanders wanna carpool? Rick "Shout, shout, shout, shout, scream it out!" Jennings ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 22:03:02 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Current Dates Message-ID: <19990901.220305.9734.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" >eh, there's a few of us... Hey, weren't you the one I asked if you'd gone to the Ben Folds Five show? That was way back in the day... >For a show, yeah. The age segregation will start as soon as the concert's >over. I think the upstairs is limited to 21+ and the floor is 18+. The show >itself should be all ages, though. The floor is eighteenplus? Where am I supposed to stand? The wall? If They come to Cleveland, I won't have to go to Pittsburgh - but what if I don't go to Pittsburgh, and They don't come to Cleveland? WOE IS ME! ever-sincere, eriKa, this all makes my head hurt. ):-( "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <7a386b6e.24ff358d@aol.com> Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 22:06:05 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Current Dates Heh, why not go to both shows? It's rare to be able to see 2 tmbg shows close toghether, so don't miss your opportunity! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 22:26:40 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37CDE060.F8548EE@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: Current Dates CRAP! they arent going to be near me! that blows. And it's even around my birthday. no fun for me. :o( -A Lee Steel wrote: > > 09/08/99 Winston-Salem NC Ziggy's > 09/09/99 Charleston SC Music Farm > 09/10/99 Atlanta GA Roxy Theatre > 09/11/99 Raleigh NC Ritz > 09/12/99 Knoxville TN Bijou Theatre > 09/14/99 Savannah GA Roundhouse > 09/15/99 Birmingham AL Five Points Music Hall > 09/16/99 New Orleans LA Tipitina's Uptown > 09/17/99 Austin TX La Zona Rosa > 09/18/99 San Antonio TX Laurie Auditorium > 09/19/99 Dallas TX Gypsy Tea Room > 09/21/99 Santa Fe NM Paramount > 09/22/99 Albuquerque NM Sunshine Theatre > 09/23/99 Scottsdale AZ Cajun House > 09/24/99 San Diego CA 4th & B > 09/25/99 Las Vegas NV Hard Rock Hotel - The Joint > 09/27/99 West Hollywood CA House Of Blues > 09/28/99 West Hollywood CA House Of Blues > 09/29/99 San Francisco CA Warfield > 09/30/99 Portland OR Aladdin Theatre > 10/01/99 Seattle WA Show Box > 10/02/99 Spokane WA Met > 10/03/99 Missoula MT University Theatre > 10/05/99 Boulder CO Boulder Theater > 10/06/99 Denver CO Bluebird Theater > 10/08/99 Minneapolis MN Great Hall > 10/11/99 St. Louis MO Mississippi Nights > 10/14/99 Pittsburgh PA Metropol > 10/15/99 Washington DC 9:30 Club > 10/16/99 Washington DC 9:30 Club > 10/20/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom > 10/21/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom > 10/22/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom > 10/23/99 New York NY Bowery Ballroom > > Here are all the current dates listed by Pollstar! > WaaaHoooooo Three nights in a row at the Bowery Ballroom. ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 22:29:33 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Radio TMBG > Man this thing is cool! i want to keep it on all the to hear what comes > next. The text just said "This is a song from our upcoming new album > tentantivly title "Unreliable Narrator" and it played "Older" so I guess > unreliable narrator is the unofficial new album title! Either that or it's a joke, and there is no "older" track on Unreliable Narrator, nor is there a new album called Unreliable Narrator... In which case the little narrator thingy is very unreliable! It sounds like something They Might do ;) Lydia ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990901220533.0095fde0@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 22:05:47 -0500 From: yoyo Subject: Re: TMBG: hello... Austin show >Also they are going to be playing in Texas. I will be in Austin when they >play. Does anyone have info about the Austin concert like how much are the >tickets and where they can be sold...? star ticket outlets anywhere in austin, at the star tickets website (www.startickets.com) or by phone at 1-888-597-7827 DIRECT EVENTS/LZR PRESENT THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS AT LA ZONA ROSA FRI SEP 17 1999 * 9:00PM ALL AGES / NO RE-ENTRY tickets are 15$ plus 3.5 service charge i believe... i'll be there for sure, with a crowd most likely.... so... see y'all there.... rabidchild paul swan ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990902033625.50493.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Radio TMBG Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 20:36:22 PDT Lydia wrote: > > Man this thing is cool! i want to keep it on all the to hear what comes > > next. The text just said "This is a song from our upcoming new album > > tentantivly title "Unreliable Narrator" and it played "Older" so I >guess > > unreliable narrator is the unofficial new album title! > >Either that or it's a joke, and there is no "older" track on Unreliable >Narrator, nor is there a new album called Unreliable Narrator... In which >case the little narrator thingy is very unreliable! It sounds like > >something They Might do ;) Perhaps so. During the recent online chat, however, Flansburgh did mention that Linnell had just written a song called "Unreliable Narrator." If there really is a song by that name, it seems odd that the album would have the same name, since They've never had an album named after a song before ("Theme From Flood" and "Severe Tire Damage Theme" are songs named after albums, not the other way around). I know that Andy Partridge (of XTC) has said that he doesn't like albums to have the same names as songs on them, because it makes the songs sound too important. I don't know if the Johns share that opinion, but the fact remains that none of Their albums have been named after songs on them. That doesn't mean there couldn't ever be a TMBG album named after a song, of course. Then again, albums often don't keep their working titles. Oh, and was this the same version of "Older" as the one that appeared on _Long Tall Weekend_. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan, who is thinking way too much about this DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 00:23:44 EDT Subject: TMBG: Question. Does anyone know what happened to Dial-A-Song? I call and it just rings and rings and rings and rings and you get the idea. I've started envisioning this little answering machine on a table in the middle of a small gray room with blinds over the window. The door is locked. No one ever goes in, no one ever comes out, the machine just sits there forlornly and rings and rings and rings. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #21-2 *****************************