Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #21-22 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 21, Number 22 Wednesday, 22 September 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:25:20 EDT -Reply Re: TMBG: Re: Dallas Show... WOW TMBG: Re: Dallas Show... WOW Re: TMBG: Dallas Show... WOW TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #21-21(dallas show) TMBG: Re: DANGER GIRL TMBG: The state songs... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 19:38:26 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:25:20 EDT -Reply Whose offering to burn the mp3?! PLEASE please email me (privately). Many thanks. Richard >>> "Kaylum@aol.com" 18/September/1999 07:59am >>> In a message dated 99-09-17 14:31:36 EDT, you write: << While I don't like their new stuff, I am still a tmbg fan. I think it's unfortunate though that fans who do want the new shite, but are not techy inclined, can't get it. >> I have seen posts from people on this mailing list and newsgroup offering to burn the mp3's onto a cd for those whose computers can't play them (like mine) for the cost of downloading LTW and shipping costs. That's what I did. If you really want it, it's not that hard to get. What people who complain about MP3's don't seem to realize is that these are tracks that did not, for one reason or another, did not make it onto a regular cd...if TMBG hadn't struck up a deal with e-music, most of these tracks might never have been released at all...would you have liked that better? Kay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37E76038.97228B83@osu.edu> Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:38:49 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Dallas Show... WOW John David Crafton wrote: > > ENCORE TWO (this time instead of We Want More! the audience was shouting > Is > > tan bul!) > > no way, we did that at the New Orleans show too! > > that is all. We did that at whatever show I was last at too...um, Chicago. Word must get around. :-) Diana ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 12:23:25 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37E7B0FD.5707FAAC@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: Dallas Show... WOW at the last 2 shows that i went to the crowd chanted "istambol" -A John David Crafton wrote: > > > ENCORE TWO (this time instead of We Want More! the audience was shouting > Is > > tan bul!) > > no way, we did that at the New Orleans show too! > > that is all. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.19990921190000.00981ae0@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 19:09:52 -0500 From: yoyo Subject: Re: TMBG: Dallas Show... WOW > >Cool show...pretty much the perfect setlist, I gotta say. This was my >third full >TMBG show, and every time I was hoping for She's An Angel. Finally got it! >Anyway, I didn't meet any listers, but apparently there were some there. >It was >a totally packed place, so it makes sense... anyone else go to the show? the show was one of the best that i've seen... despite my normal belief that they always play their best shows in texas in austin, i think the dallas show might have topped it this year... i've seen Them 14 times now, and they are rarely as excited as they were at that show... lots of banter betweeen songs, linnell was actually seeming to enjoy himself, and played around a lot... they didn't come out to sign stuff after the show, but you can't really count on that anyway... i really enjoyed the fast version of ana ng, which is pretty much my favorite song, she's an angel, and overall a very good variety of stuff... lots of older stuff that seems to have been neglected for the past few years at shows... probably the best was that they played istanbul with the dan miller, spanish guitar intro... i've heard talk of that here for a long time, but i've never heard an mp3 or anything of it, so it was great to finally hear it performed, and it was really cool.... i'm amazed that after seeing them a bunch of times, i still get super excited before every show... and they rarely dissapoint.... rabidchild paul swan rabidchild@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: WeepDay@aol.com Message-ID: <83cbf405.251983ac@aol.com> Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:58:20 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #21-21(dallas show) The dallas show was great! I managed to grab linnell's setlist and got a few pictures which will be on my webpage as soon as I scan them. About 10 minutes into the show the bouncer made me put the camera away! I got one of Flansburgh outside the Gypsy Tearoom on his way to that sushi place while he was saying "No pictures, No pictures, I don't want my picture taken". =) I also got two of Linnell walking to the sushi place which I might add he walked all the way across the street instead of walking by the poeple already waiting in line! =) I had so much fun at this show, the crowd was really friendly...two guys even brought their accordion and guitar and sang songs while we waited! Well, the setlist has already been covered, so I'll end it here. By the way if anyone wants to see the pics or ones of a few other dallas shows go to http://weepdayslounge.8m.com/visuals.html Amber~ ------------------------------ From: aknoleages@webtv.net (Dude_Menes) Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:31:46 -0700 (PDT) Subject: TMBG: Re: DANGER GIRL Message-ID: <11899-37E83182-3616@postoffice-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> ha ha http://community.webtv.net/aknoleages/StonedWhywate http://members.tripod.com/~LetterboxEdition ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001701bf04bf$13540000$5a228a81@rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: The state songs... Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 23:55:29 -0600 Does anyone know where I can download more of the state songs? More specificially, Maine? Thanks. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico Oh yeah...and get paid to surf the 'net, while you're at it: http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=AVV-359 [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #21-22 ******************************