Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #21-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 21, Number 23 Thursday, 23 September 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #21-22 TMBG: State Songs release date (originally Re: tmbg-list Digest TMBG: Could the gods be smiling down upon me? TMBG: Re: TMBG Bugs Shirt Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG Bugs Shirt TMBG: Re: State Songs Release Date and Info! TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #21-22 Re: TMBG: Could the gods be smiling down upon me? TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #21-22 TMBG: Albuquerque show TMBG: unimportant TMBG: Muppets Re: TMBG: Muppets Re: TMBG: Muppets Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: KingoPuns@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 02:10:02 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #21-22 In a message dated 09/21/1999 11:06:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time, owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org writes: << Does anyone know where I can download more of the state songs? More specificially, Maine? Thanks. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico go to www.Twisted.com/TMBG When are the State Songs to be released on an album? ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 08:00:08 -0700 From: "Spencer Owen" Subject: TMBG: State Songs release date (originally Re: tmbg-list Digest The John Linnell "State Songs" album will be released October 26th on Rounder Records. Hopefully, it'll be widely available. "un petit cochon, pendu au plafond..." Spencer. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 08:06:35 -0700 From: "Spencer Owen" Subject: TMBG: Could the gods be smiling down upon me? Well, maybe yes and maybe no. Bad: I have a cold. My lungs got infected. I cough a lot. I need to use an inhaler. Good: My dad took me to the used record store yesterday. Bad: I had no money. Good: I found the "Istanbul" single for $3.99. Bad: I had no money. Good: I made my lunch today, therefore I get to use the money that would originally be for lunch to go to the record store again today and buy it. Oh, yes...it will be mine. Bad: There was some other stuff that I wanted too, but I don't have enough money for that. And they didn't have any TMBG on vinyl either. Say, that brings me to a question (to make this relevant)...does TMBG still produce vinyl stuffs? I mean, I know there's the O Tannenbaum 7", but is that only on the website? Spencer. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:44:51 -0400 From: "Yer Pal Paul" Message-ID: <7sat7s$2tj2$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Bugs Shirt Kareem Badr wrote in message <37E473E0.864F3A0@mail.utexas.edu>... >Does anyone know where I can get the TMBG bugs/dial-a-song shirt? I am >looking for the shirt in an off-white color, rather than the gray one >that's available at concerts and through the catalog. I bought the white >one around 3 years ago at a show and SOMEHOW my mother through it out >when I was home from school for the summer (damn her!!!) The shirt has a >lot of sentimental value to me (I was wearing it the day that I met my >girlfriend, who is a huge TMBG fan...not than any of you care about any >of that.) Anyway, if anyone knows of any store (online or otherwise) >that has the shirt I would REALLY appreciate it if you could tell me. >Thanks. I'm pretty sure that it's now available in gray only. Has anyone notice on that shirt design that the crowd of people outlined against the giant bugs includes John and John? If you look carefully you can see one with a guitar and one with an accordion. Yer Pal Paul Not back on that old Time is Money kick, still on it. ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <9561d2cd.251a55b7@aol.com> Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:54:31 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG Bugs Shirt In a message dated 9/22/99 11:45:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time, PaulLB@aol.com writes: << I'm pretty sure that it's now available in gray only. Has anyone notice on that shirt design that the crowd of people outlined against the giant bugs includes John and John? If you look carefully you can see one with a guitar and one with an accordion. Yer Pal Paul Not back on that old Time is Money kick, still on it. >> In the catalog and on the website, only the gray one is offered. But if you send an order in to TMB Productions and especially ask for the off-white one, you can still get them (only in Size XL, for $16 plus $5 shipping...NY residents have to add 8.25% sales tax). Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:34:03 -0700 From: Ryan Roe Message-ID: <37E9211B.BE0EA23D@southwestern.edu> Organization: Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com Subject: TMBG: Re: State Songs Release Date and Info! Matt Dunn wrote: > Kevin Sullivan (crow9864@mindspring.com) wrote: > : >Here is the first solo album from John Linnell, the principal > : >songwriter for They Might Be Giants. > > : THE principal songwriter? > > I can see an uneducated not quite fan saying this... Think about > most of the more "popular" (and by popular I mean recognized by non-fans) > TMBG songs. Birdhouse, Particle Man, Istanbul, Ana Ng, and maybe Dr. > Worm. With the exception of Istanbul, which is a cover anyway, didn't > Linnell write all the others? Yeah, people who've only heard the above songs have asked me the name of the "main guy" from TMBG. > > > On an unrelated note, I am still desperately trying to turn my > wife into a fan. I've gotten her hooked on She's an Angel and Nothin's > gonna change my clothes, but progress is slow... As it turns out, she > makes judgement calls - I like that song, I don't really like that one. That happened when I loaned Factory Showroom to a friend, but he went so far as to say, "I like this part, I don't like that part" on just about every track. He liked the "bup-budda-bup-bups" on Exquisite Dead Guy but not the "How'm I s'posed to let you know," he liked the "My metal detector is with me all of the time," but not the "Look past the volleyball," etc. Picky. -Ryan ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:09:30 -0700 (PDT) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #21-22 Message-ID: On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org wrote: > rabidchild > paul > swan Hey ho! Always nice seeing familiar faces. :) Where ya been? > into the show the bouncer made me put the camera away! I got one of > Flansburgh outside the Gypsy Tearoom on his way to that sushi place while he > was saying "No pictures, No pictures, I don't want my picture taken". =) I And it didn't occur to you to honour his request? Poor guy. --nicole twn *** "We are all of us in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."--Oscar Wilde Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org nicole@fruhead.com ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <64429744.251a713a@aol.com> Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 13:51:54 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Could the gods be smiling down upon me? In a message dated 9/22/99 9:57:12 AM, SOwen@windwardschool.org writes: >Say, that brings me to a question (to make this relevant)...does TMBG still >produce vinyl stuffs? aside from the occasional single, i'm not sure... i know they did have the record versions of the albums available from tmbp before, i don't know if they still do. but i found the pink album for $3 at a used record store a couple years ago (?), so it doesn't hurt to look. :) sarah ------------------------------ From: CurlyMan4@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:02:16 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #21-22 Will anyone burn LTW on a CD for me? E-mail or IM me [if i'm on line] if you will do this for me. Sincerely, Steven"Curly" S. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000a01bf054d$dc9d9a00$5a228a81@rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: Albuquerque show Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:57:34 -0600 Ok, so I didn't get much of a response when I said this last time, but I figure I'll just say it again. I'm gonna be at the Albuquerque show this evening. I'll be wearing a plain white polo shirt, and black slacks. I'm..like.. 6'1", with long-ish brown hair. If any of you are there, drop on by and say hi and such. I'll make sure to write down the setlist and stuff. Be back after the show! Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico Oh yeah...and get paid to surf the 'net, while you're at it: http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=AVV-359 [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 20:59:58 -0500 From: "John David Crafton" Message-ID: <7sc1p4$jp0$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: unimportant I am going to apologize for something. I'm still trying to get the hang of my mail program. i used to use netscape, but it was too much of an inconvenience, considering my computer was made for microsoft products. For the last few posts that i replied to, i clicked on the wrong button and my reply was only sent to the original poster. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will attempt to refrain from doing this again. John David Crafton -- That is all. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:36:26 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Muppets Message-ID: <19990922.223646.-182691.3.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray I wants to make a mix tape of songs that are muppet-like. TMBG prefered, other band are good too. So far I've got: TMBG: "I Walk Along Darkened Coridors" (sounds like it's sung by Kermit) For Science (c'mon, Luitennant Ann Moore) South Carolina (by Linnell) Night Security (by Mono Puff) Hotel Detective (Back To Skull) (???) Window O' Do Not Forsake Me The Beatles: Bungalow Bill Piggies Rocky Racoon any suggestions??? Mysterio Gal (NIPPPLES!!!!!!!!!!) "His father wanted to build a platform, that rotated clockwise, to get the kid to look him in the eye!" --SIRMILLARDMULCH MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990923043403.74051.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Muppets Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:34:03 PDT Claire wrote: >I wants to make a mix tape of songs that are muppet-like. TMBG >prefered, >other band are good too. I'm not sure how all of the songs you mentioned are Muppet-like, but I have some other suggestions: TMBG--32 Footsteps (The bridge sounds kind of like Oscar the Grouch.) Moxy Fruvous--King Of Spain (Bargainville version) (The line "King, how are you such a genius?" sounds like Kermit.) Moxy Fruvous--Naked Puppets (Not a song, but it mentions Grover, Kermit, and Oscar.) -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 00:15:15 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7scc5i$r89$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Muppets Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote ... > TMBG--32 Footsteps (The bridge sounds kind of like Oscar the Grouch.) I always thought this sounded more like Dr. Teeth. -Jay ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #21-23 ******************************