Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #21-25 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 21, Number 25 Saturday, 25 September 1999 Today's Topics: NON-TMBG: TMBG movie Re: NON-TMBG: TMBG movie Re: NON-TMBG: TMBG movie Re: NON-TMBG: TMBG movie Re: TMBG: tmbg-list Digest #21-22 (dallas show) TMBG: Leericks :D Re: TMBG: Leericks :D TMBG: TMBG Webcast - perk up, everyone. Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Matt James Message-Id: <199909241244.IAA05491@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: NON-TMBG: TMBG movie Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 08:44:25 -0400 (EDT) > Hi everyone > > George C. Scott, who of course was the star of the 1973 epic film _They > Might Be Giants_, died yesterday at age 71. Cause of death unknown. All > together now: Awwww. > Didn't that movie come out in 1971? I guess I can see how such a recluse could do such an odd movie. -Matt ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 10:35:22 -0500 From: "John David Crafton" Message-ID: <7sg5u3$2o68$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: TMBG movie Matt James wrote in message news:199909241244.IAA05491@fellspt.charm.net... > > Hi everyone > > > > George C. Scott, who of course was the star of the 1973 epic film _They > > Might Be Giants_, died yesterday at age 71. Cause of death unknown. All > > together now: Awwww. > > > Didn't that movie come out in 1971? > I guess I can see how such a recluse could do such an odd movie. > -Matt How is that NON-TMBG? --John David Crafton That is all. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:55:22 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <37EB9EEA.116942BE@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: TMBG movie I thought it came out in '71 also. But, I could be mixing up how old the guy was (71) with the date. -A Matt James wrote: > > > Hi everyone > > > > George C. Scott, who of course was the star of the 1973 epic film _They > > Might Be Giants_, died yesterday at age 71. Cause of death unknown. All > > together now: Awwww. > > > Didn't that movie come out in 1971? > I guess I can see how such a recluse could do such an odd movie. > -Matt ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199909241557.LAA03878@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: TMBG movie Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 11:57:35 -0400 (EDT) > > Matt James wrote in message > news:199909241244.IAA05491@fellspt.charm.net... > > > Hi everyone > > > > > > George C. Scott, who of course was the star of the 1973 epic film _They > > > Might Be Giants_, died yesterday at age 71. Cause of death unknown. > All > > > together now: Awwww. > > > > > Didn't that movie come out in 1971? > > I guess I can see how such a recluse could do such an odd movie. > > -Matt > > How is that NON-TMBG? > > --John David Crafton > Technically, this movie has almost nothing to do with the band, They Might Be Giants. There is a slight thread to them mentioning something about the movie and their name, maybe I shoulda said "SLIGHTLY-TMBG: TMBG movie" in the subject... Sorry, Matt ------------------------------ From: WeepDay@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:40:55 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg-list Digest #21-22 (dallas show) In a message dated 9/22/99 12:12:02 PM EST, nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu writes: << < > into the show the bouncer made me put the camera away! I got one of > Flansburgh outside the Gypsy Tearoom on his way to that sushi place while he > was saying "No pictures, No pictures, I don't want my picture taken". =) <> Uh, actually he was joking. Geez people get a grip! Amber~ ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <259fc86b.251d435b@aol.com> Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:12:59 EDT Subject: TMBG: Leericks :D Hey, anyone know where I can find the lyrics to John Linnell's State Songs? the ones that are already out on the net? Thanks! Lydia If I had to do it all again by bicycle If I had to do it I would crash my bicycle I'd crush my head, collect the bread. Crash my bicycle! ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:28:59 -0700 From: "Spencer Owen" Subject: Re: TMBG: Leericks :D >Hey, anyone know where I can find the lyrics to John Linnell's State >Songs? the ones that are already out on the net? Try out www.tmbg.org. They are under the lyrics and chords section, under "Unreleased Songs." That should work out fine. Spencer. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:49:08 -0700 From: "Spencer Owen" Subject: TMBG: TMBG Webcast - perk up, everyone. Check dis out: http://www.hob.com/live/events/991007tmbg/pre.shtml On October 7th, they air an internet broadcast of the Sept. 27 or 28 show, here in Los Angeles. The 28 and 56K streams are free, and the 100 and 300K streams cost $4.99. How's dat for y'all? Spencer. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #21-25 ******************************