Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #21-26 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 21, Number 26 Sunday, 26 September 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Viva Las Vegas! TMBG: THEY in L.A.!!!! (was:Webcast - perk up, everyone) Re: TMBG: THEY in L.A.!!!! (was:Webcast - perk up, everyone) Re: TMBG: THEY in L.A.!!!! (was:Webcast - perk up, everyone) Semi-TMBG: TMBG movie Re: TMBG: THEY in L.A.!!!! (was:Webcast - perk up, everyone) TMBG: hello records - hal sirowitz info!!! TMBG: The TMBG Newsletter Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <19990925092532.58176.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "eRiCh sPice" Subject: TMBG: Viva Las Vegas! Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 09:25:31 GMT the tune of everbody konga I'm going to Vegas, la la la la la LA! To see They Might Be Giants! la la la la la LA! Some of you will be there, la la la la la LA! And we will rock the house down, la la la la la LA! CANT WAIT!! (CAN'T WAIT) TO SEE!! (TO SEE) THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS IN SIN CITY!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! -=eRiCh=- ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37ECBC0E.551D7056@pacificnet.net> Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 05:12:00 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: THEY in L.A.!!!! (was:Webcast - perk up, everyone) "Spencer Owen" wrote: >Check dis out: >http://www.hob.com/live/events/991007tmbg/pre.shtml >On October 7th, they air an internet broadcast of the Sept. 27 or 28 show, here in Los Angeles. The 28 and 56K >streams are free, and the 100 and 300K streams cost $4.99. >How's dat for y'all? Dat's great and thanks for the info! I followed your link and it actually says that the TMBG cybercast will be on OCT.7!!! (not the Sept. 27 or 28 Los Angeles shows). Maybe they changed it. Well, I'll be at the Sept 27th show. Will anyone else from the list be there? -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <91543842.251e3bdc@aol.com> Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:53:16 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: THEY in L.A.!!!! (was:Webcast - perk up, everyone) In a message dated 9/25/99 7:08:27 AM Eastern Standard Time, ggr@pacificnet.net writes: << Dat's great and thanks for the info! I followed your link and it actually says that the TMBG cybercast will be on OCT.7!!! (not the Sept. 27 or 28 Los Angeles shows). Maybe they changed it. Well, I'll be at the Sept 27th show. Will anyone else from the list be there? -B O N G O >> Well, it looks like the recorded show from the House of Blues on either September 27th or 28th will be broadcast on October 7th...October 6th, the Johns will be in Denver, and on the 8th, they'll be in Minneapolis...from that, I would figure that The House of Blues and nob.com aren't going to be cybercasting this event live. I'll be checking it out, all the same :-) Karen (MuseKJ@aol.com) ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <568b69c6.251e3da4@aol.com> Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 11:00:52 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: THEY in L.A.!!!! (was:Webcast - perk up, everyone) In a message dated 9/25/99 9:54:40 AM Eastern Standard Time, MuseKJ@aol.com writes: << I would figure that The House of Blues and nob.com aren't going to be cybercasting this event live. >> Bleh, that's hob.com...my brain's still asleep today :-) Karen (MuseKJ@aol.com) ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:00:51 -0700 (PDT) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: Semi-TMBG: TMBG movie Message-ID: On Sat, 25 Sep 1999 owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org wrote: > I thought it came out in '71 also. But, I could be mixing up how old the > guy was (71) with the date. *I* thought it was '73, but a quick check at the Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com) reveals that "They Might Be Giants" did indeed come out in '71. > > was saying "No pictures, No pictures, I don't want my picture taken". =) > <> > Uh, actually he was joking. Geez people get a grip! Sorry, but it was not obvious to me that he was joking. --nicole twn *** "The world of computer architecture is like a big, fluffy pillow." --former architecture professor Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org nicole@fruhead.com ------------------------------ From: OCSabrina@aol.com Message-ID: <409e042d.251e6db4@aol.com> Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 14:25:56 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: THEY in L.A.!!!! (was:Webcast - perk up, everyone) well i am kind of a lurker here on the list, but i have been a reader for awhile. I will be at the 28th show :) yes, i am a grown up! sucks to be under 21! i'd love to meet up with other list members. my friend and i are going as soon as we get off of work and plan to spend the late afternoon in LA . sabrina :) ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 14:49:43 -0400 Subject: TMBG: hello records - hal sirowitz info!!! Message-ID: <19990925.145149.-542041.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> hey hey everybody... i walked into the bookstore next to my appartment and saw a sign that said Hal Sirowitz would be there on October 3rd. For all of you that don't know he released an album of his poetry on the hello cd of the month club in '96 i believe. He's super-duper funny and well worth checking out if you're gonna be in the neighborhood. Anyways, It's at Posman Books - 1 University Pl - NY, NY at 3pm. If you're planning on checking the appearance out e-mail me! take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <3e9410e.251ec92c@aol.com> Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 20:56:12 EDT Subject: TMBG: The TMBG Newsletter Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew when the first TMBG Newsletter was made available (month or season/year?), and does anyone know of any individual who actually owns all of the newsletters? Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #21-26 ******************************