Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #22-11 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 22, Number 11 Monday, 11 October 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: House of Blues show TMBG: Speculation on the bizarre popularity of Particle Man TMBG: Re: Article type thing in the River Front Times. Re: TMBG: House of Blues show Re: TMBG: Speculation on the bizarre popularity of Particle Man Re: TMBG: Speculation on the bizarre popularity of Particle Man TMBG: Linnell's ancestor? Re: TMBG: Speculation on the bizarre popularity of Particle Man Re: TMBG: The other famous John Linnell Re: Semi-TMBG: State Songs/Astronaut John Henry? TMBG: Old threads Re: TMBG: Old threads Re: TMBG: Old threads Re: TMBG: Old threads Re: TMBG: Old threads Re: TMBG: Old threads Re: TMBG: Old threads Re: TMBG: Old threads Re: TMBG: Coffee Drinkin' Re: TMBG: Coffee Drinkin' Re: TMBG: Old threads Re: TMBG: Coffee Drinkin' Re: TMBG: Old threads Re: TMBG: Coffee Drinkin' Re: TMBG: Coffee Drinkin' TMBG: Missing TMBG Setlists Re: TMBG: Coffee Drinkin' Re: TMBG: Speculation on the bizarre popularity of Particle Man TMBG: Update Re: TMBG: Old threads Re: TMBG: Coffee Drinkin' Re: TMBG: Coffee Drinkin' Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: <0.c1e2bf4f.2531a7b4@aol.com> Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 04:26:28 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: House of Blues show oohhh yes. I know just how you feel. They did "finished with lies" at the Seattle show. "Here's a song you won't know....BECAUSE IT'S NEVER BEEN RELEASED...ANYWHERE! You've NEVER heard it...so you WON'T know it..." They had made a few snide remarks towards bootlegging eariler in the show. :) I was right in front of linnell, and really wanted to sing along, but I kept my mouth shut. -Kreadoubt In a message dated 10/9/99 1:55:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time, cannon10@home.com writes: > I thought it was hilarious when Linnell was introducing 'It's so Loud in > Here' and he was saying how "its never been released but becuase of all the > bootlegs out there I find you lip syncing along even though its never been > released, damn you!" and its so true, when i was at the vegas show i wanted > to sing along with 'clyclops rock' and 'its so loud in here' but then i felt > kinda guilty about it but then i saw others and so i went ahead but i kept > getting the feeling Linnell was looking at me....... > > > -=eRiCh=- > ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 10:49:37 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Speculation on the bizarre popularity of Particle Man Message-ID: <19991010.104948.6966.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" In the past couple days I've had a few brushes with Particle Man that left me wondering... This morning, I got up to watch Pokemon, and when I turned on the telly, the news was on. They were going over some big list of today's local events, and there was music playing throughout, an accordion. I thought, "I know this..." (hey, it was early, so my reflexes were a bit slow), and then suddenly, it hit me - it was Particle Man. They played the song in almost complete entirety - after they got through the last verse, they stopped because they ran out of events. And then, a few days ago in my art class I brought in a tape to play (throughout the week the other students get to listen to crap on the radio and Fridays I'm allowed to bring in a tape) and I brought in some TMBG. Of course, everyone was bitching and whining about it, "This-music-sucks-oh-accordions-are-cool-WAH-WAH-WAH." (well, not everyone. one kid came up to me and says "I think John Henry is their best album," so I've found a fan! hooray! and my teacher has Flood and loves it...) Well, that is, until Particle Man came on. The whining stopped, and I noticed several of the kids were singing along. Now, Particle Man was never released as a single, correct? Could Tiny Toons really have had that much effect? Hm.. ever-sincere, eriKa, epilogue: the whining started back up again when I flipped the tape over and played some stuff from House of Mayors. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 11:43:45 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <3800B431.76D36558@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: Article type thing in the River Front Times. It was a pretty good article until the "Q" word was used. :o) -A Laura wrote: > > Hooray! This is my first time ever finding an article! I cut it outta > the paper, but it's online as well. Go Here: > > http://www.riverfronttimes.com/issues/current/soundchecks3.html > Laura > -- > "What's the matter, someone steal the surprise from your cereal?" > > Too late or soon to make noise about love and there's no time for sorrow > > Run around in the rain with a hole in the brain till tomorrow ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991010174215.26343.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: House of Blues show Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 10:42:15 PDT Kreadoubt wrote: >oohhh yes. I know just how you feel. They did "finished with lies" at the >Seattle show. "Here's a song you won't know....BECAUSE IT'S NEVER BEEN >RELEASED...ANYWHERE! You've NEVER heard it...so you WON'T know it..." >They >had made a few snide remarks towards bootlegging eariler in the show. As I've already mentioned, that song is avaiable at dialasong.com, so you could easily know it without ever having heard a bootleg. And that's not mentioning the fact that you could have heard it at another show. Some people do have good memories. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991010175438.46496.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Speculation on the bizarre popularity of Particle Man Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 10:54:38 PDT eriKa wrote: >In the past couple days I've had a few brushes with Particle Man that >left me wondering... Brushes with Particle Man? So you've met him? Well, what's he like? Oh, well. I guess it's not important. >Now, Particle Man was never released as a single, correct? That is correct. >Could Tiny Toons really have had that much effect? Hm.. Perhaps. It was also played on Dr. Demento, from what I've heard, but I don't know if that was before or after Tiny Toons. Even if the popularity did arise because of Tiny Toons, that leaves open the question of why the TT people wanted to use it. It probably has something to do with the song being more appropriate for children than certain other TMBG songs, and the fact that it has a sort of a story that could be animated. I've also noticed that "Particle Man" has contributed to the reputation of TMBG as comedy artists, which I don't entirely understand, since I don't see it as a particularly comedic song. Silly, yes, but hardly laugh-out-loud funny. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ Now playing: Well, it WAS XTC's Go 2, but my roommate decided he wanted to be a jack-ass and play some crap at the same time, so I had to stop it. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 14:45:22 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Speculation on the bizarre popularity of Particle Man Message-ID: <19991010.144524.2878.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Nathan wrote: >Brushes with Particle Man? So you've met him? Well, what's he like? Oh, >well. I guess it's not important. I gave him your number, fruity lips. ^_^ >Perhaps. It was also played on Dr. Demento, from what I've heard, but I >don't know if that was before or after Tiny Toons Well, I'm pretty sure Dr. Demento had very little effect on my art class, if nothing else.. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure half of them couldn't spell "Demento." >Even if the popularity >did arise because of Tiny Toons, that leaves open the question of why the TT >people wanted to use it. It probably has something to do with the song >being more appropriate for children than certain other TMBG songs, and the >fact that it has a sort of a story that could be animated. I'd question why they chose Istanbul even more. That doesn't even really have a story line. Maybe because it's semi-educational. Or maybe they couldn't think of anything else to use from Flood. Or maybe they just wanted to draw camels and stuff. >I've also noticed that "Particle Man" has contributed to the reputation of >TMBG as comedy artists, which I don't entirely understand, since I don't see >it as a particularly comedic song. Silly, yes, but hardly laugh-out-loud >funny. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! My dad describes Them as very "tongue-in-cheek" and thinks They're ripping off Zappa. ever-sincere, eriKa, i (heart) Bob Scott! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000e01bf1356$ca4b2220$a2540418@ocnsd1.sdca.home.com> From: "-=eRiCh=-" Subject: TMBG: Linnell's ancestor? Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 12:36:46 -0700 This was being sold on eBay under the name John Linnell, but not the Linnell we all know. here was the description: A cdv by Maull & Polyblank, London, of John Linnell, 1792 - 1882. He was a portrait and landscape painter, desciple and patron of Blake, he studied at the Royal Academy. Painted portraits of Blake, Malthus, Whately, Peel, Carlyle and others. Also known for his sculpture and engravings. here is the link, there is a picture of him http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=178844053 -=eRiCh=- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991010201901.37579.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Speculation on the bizarre popularity of Particle Man Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 13:18:59 PDT eriKa wrote: >Nathan wrote: > >Brushes with Particle Man? So you've met him? Well, what's he like? >Oh, > >well. I guess it's not important. > >I gave him your number, fruity lips. ^_^ I'd rather you gave it to Ana Ng. She and I still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence. > >Perhaps. It was also played on Dr. Demento, from what I've heard, but I > > >don't know if that was before or after Tiny Toons > >Well, I'm pretty sure Dr. Demento had very little effect on my art class, >if nothing else.. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure half of them >couldn't spell "Demento." Well, since the doctor himself apparently made up how to spell that word, I wouldn't say that this was too much of a sin. I see your point, though. > >Even if the popularity > >did arise because of Tiny Toons, that leaves open the question of why >the TT > >people wanted to use it. It probably has something to do with the song > >being more appropriate for children than certain other TMBG songs, and >the > >fact that it has a sort of a story that could be animated. > >I'd question why they chose Istanbul even more. That doesn't even really >have a story line. Maybe because it's semi-educational. Or maybe they >couldn't think of anything else to use from Flood. Or maybe they just >wanted to draw camels and stuff. The last one of those might be the most accurate, since Middle Eastern settings are popular in cartoons. Those others factors might have contributed to the selection, too, though. > >I've also noticed that "Particle Man" has contributed to the reputation >of > >TMBG as comedy artists, which I don't entirely understand, since I don't >see > >it as a particularly comedic song. Silly, yes, but hardly >laugh-out-loud > >funny. > >BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! >My dad describes Them as very "tongue-in-cheek" and thinks They're >ripping off Zappa. I think I'd agree that They're often tongue-in-cheek, but that's hardly the same as being comedy artists. As for ripping off Zappa, I don't think that any comment is necessary. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.b578eb9f.25325ec4@aol.com> Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 17:27:32 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: The other famous John Linnell In a message dated 10/10/99 3:42:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cannon10@home.com writes: << A cdv by Maull & Polyblank, London, of John Linnell, 1792 - 1882. He was a portrait and landscape painter, desciple and patron of Blake, he studied at the Royal Academy. Painted portraits of Blake, Malthus, Whately, Peel, Carlyle and others. Also known for his sculpture and engravings. >> Some of the earlier John Linnell's works can be found on antique furniture, as well. Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ From: Coolfro38@aol.com Message-ID: <0.104c793e.253272ad@aol.com> Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 18:52:29 EDT Subject: Re: Semi-TMBG: State Songs/Astronaut John Henry? There is a better California choice. "Hotel California" by the Eagles. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 16:23:05 -0700 (PDT) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: TMBG: Old threads Message-ID: On Sat, 9 Oct 1999 owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org wrote: > Are they expensive? Just a few weeks ago, I was moaning about paying nearly > $30 to see Chris Cornell. And I thought about how "cheap" TMBG were by > comparison. Actually, all the shows I've seen in the past year have been As with life, everything's relative. :) I said that TMBG are the most expensive band that *I* see regularly. Of the other two bands I see regularly, one costs around $8 per show and the other one sometimes guest-lists me. My sister once paid $80 to see Sting, and, more recently, $50 to see Elton John. > members: How did the title "Matt's Life Savings" originate? And what does > lactose intolerance have to do with anything? I want answers, people! Caveat: one fallible person's memory. "Matt's Life Savings" originated with none other than our own Matt "K. Polk" James, who piped up during one let's-name-the-next-album thread to tell us that he was saving up for said forthcoming album (it was _FS_). Rather than a comment *about* the new album, some people thought that it was Matt's *suggestion* for an album name. Somehow, it was decided that "MLS" should be the generic name for any forthcoming TMBG album. Lactose intolerance was already an old joke when I was a newbie. Apparently a couple of people put forth a theory that one or both Johns was lactose intolerant. (I think it was one of those intentionally goofy "theories" bolstered by circumstantial evidence, much like the later "Linnell is an Immortal" theory.) For some reason, the thread caught fire and dominated the list for days, eventually turning into a "Who cares?"/"I do"/"Then you're a moron"/"So's your mother" type argument. --nicole explains it all *** "All along the untrodden paths of the future, I can see the footprints of an unseen hand."--Sir Boyle Roche, 18-century member of Parliament Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org nicole@fruhead.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991010234350.6895.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Old threads Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 16:43:50 PDT Nicole Carlson wrote: > > members: How did the title "Matt's Life Savings" originate? And what >does > > lactose intolerance have to do with anything? I want answers, people! > >Caveat: one fallible person's memory. >"Matt's Life Savings" originated with none other than our own Matt "K. >Polk" James, who piped up during one let's-name-the-next-album thread to >tell us that he was saving up for said forthcoming album (it was _FS_). >Rather than a comment *about* the new album, some people thought that it >was Matt's *suggestion* for an album name. Somehow, it was decided that >"MLS" should be the generic name for any forthcoming TMBG album. > >Lactose intolerance was already an old joke when I was a newbie. >Apparently a couple of people put forth a theory that one or both Johns >was lactose intolerant. (I think it was one of those intentionally goofy >"theories" bolstered by circumstantial evidence, much like the later >"Linnell is an Immortal" theory.) For some reason, the thread caught fire >and dominated the list for days, eventually turning into a "Who cares?"/"I >do"/"Then you're a moron"/"So's your mother" type argument. Ah. Thank you for the information. Actually, after posing this question to the list, I decided to do some of my own answer-seeking by searching the digest archives, and I found what I'm pretty sure is the post that started "Matt's Life Savings": Message-Id: <199706051904.OAA08010@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: New CDs?\\ Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 14:54:22 -0500 >Because it's been going on for seemingly years now and there has been >no mention of it coming into being. I mean, how long before it's just >dead? I'd be almost willing to bet my life savings (which ain't much! >;) that the new album won't be called neither Thing nor Insect Hospital. >/Matt >Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu >Loyola College in Baltimore, MD It would be funny if it were called "MATT'S LIFE SAVINGS", but then again, that's just me. Mike "I wish I were a recording star" Leffel So I guess the title was actually sort of a joint creation of Matt James and Mike Leffel. That was actually from only a short time before I joined the list. Such is not the case for the lactose intolerance thing, which was from before the digests were archived, but I think I get the idea. But what about Careless Santa? -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan, who actually WAS around for the beginning of that one DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.8953fcd1.25328301@aol.com> Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 20:02:09 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Old threads In a message dated 10/10/99 7:27:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time, nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu writes: > (I think it was one of those intentionally goofy > "theories" bolstered by circumstantial evidence, much like the later > "Linnell is an Immortal" theory.) Oooh! I wanna know!! Why is Linnell an immortal? I mean, I HOPE he is, but I want to know WHY :) Lydia Hoping Linnell stays the way he is forever, but wondering why he didn't do that when he was like 20 ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 20:42:14 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Old threads Message-ID: <19991010.204216.12206.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Nicole: >I said that TMBG are the most >expensive band that *I* see regularly. Of the other two bands I see >regularly, one costs around $8 per show and the other one sometimes >guest-lists me. At somewhere around the price of $25 (*my* life savings), Ben Folds Five has been the most expensive band I've seen yet - and some of that was shipping charges and stuff, because it was for the Pittsburgh show. But then, I haven't seen Them yet. >My sister once paid $80 to see Sting, and, more >recently, $50 to see Elton John. Sting just came 'round here recently - the cheap seats were $86. Yeesh. >Apparently a couple of people put forth a theory that one or both Johns >was lactose intolerant. Well, They'd have to drink Their coffee black, wouldn't They? >For some reason, the thread caught fire >and dominated the list for days, eventually turning into a "Who cares?"/"I >do"/"Then you're a moron"/"So's your mother" type argument. You're a moron! So's your sister! Nathan: >So I guess the title was actually sort of a joint creation of Matt James and >Mike Leffel. Boy, I miss Mike Leffel. If only he wasn't busy trying to discover the secrets of the Canadian mountees ... >But what about Careless Santa? You're a moron! So's your sister! ever-sincere, eriKa, and yer mom! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 20:47:56 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Old threads Message-ID: <19991010.204758.12206.3.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Nicole: >>(I think it was one of those intentionally goofy >> "theories" bolstered by circumstantial evidence, much like the later >>"Linnell is an Immortal" theory.) Lydia: >Oooh! I wanna know!! Why is Linnell an immortal? I mean, I HOPE he is, but I >want to know WHY :) Well, he looks like Jesus, so they say ... ever-sincere, eriKa, now that I've started posting, I can't shut up! -- one line post! take *that* bridgie! ^_^ "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.4aaf565.25328fa3@aol.com> Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 20:56:03 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Old threads In a message dated 10/10/99 8:54:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: > Well, he looks like Jesus, so they say ... Grrr! Lydia One WORD post! Take THAT, Cap'n! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991011013143.75744.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Old threads Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 18:31:43 PDT >In a message dated 10/10/99 8:54:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, >hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: > > > Well, he looks like Jesus, so they say ... > > >Grrr! > >Lydia >One WORD post! Take THAT, Cap'n! A -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan One LETTER post! Take THAT, Lydia! ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991011013342.93567.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Old threads Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 18:33:42 PDT eriKa wrote: > >But what about Careless Santa? > >You're a moron! So's your sister! No, YOU'RE a moron! So's Careless Santa! -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.7cb6f58a.25329b1d@aol.com> Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 21:45:01 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Coffee Drinkin' In a message dated 10/10/99 8:46:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: << Well, They'd have to drink Their coffee black, wouldn't They? >> Well, from what I've read, John Linnell does drink his black with sugar...Mr. Flansburgh takes his light, with no sugar. And for any of my fans that are out there, I take mine black, nothing added {big grin}. Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.88c28d02.2532a209@aol.com> Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 22:14:33 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Coffee Drinkin' In a message dated 10/10/99 9:50:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, MuseKJ@aol.com writes: > Well, from what I've read, John Linnell does drink his black with sugar...Mr. > > Flansburgh takes his light, with no sugar. And for any of my fans that are > out there, I take mine black, nothing added {big grin}. > Hah! Wusses! I grind coffee beans between my teeth every morning! What's all this "Add water" crap? Lydia Sounds a lot like a lumberjack, probably ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.c1e90303.2532a29a@aol.com> Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 22:16:58 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Old threads In a message dated 10/10/99 9:36:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes: > A . Lydia One PIXEL! Take THAT, Nathan! Hah! ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.1209e31c.2532a56e@aol.com> Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 22:29:02 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Coffee Drinkin' In a message dated 10/10/99 10:19:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, HeYAnArChY@aol.com writes: << Hah! Wusses! I grind coffee beans between my teeth every morning! What's all this "Add water" crap? Lydia Sounds a lot like a lumberjack, probably >> You're a lumberjack, and you're okay :-) Karen "What's all this then?" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005401bf1392$8626b5a0$31dd7aa8@hostname.bu.edu> From: "Sarah Weissman" Subject: Re: TMBG: Old threads Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 22:44:17 -0400 >In a message dated 10/10/99 9:36:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, >xornom@hotmail.com writes: > >> A > > >. __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 22:54:43 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Coffee Drinkin' Message-ID: <19991010.225445.14214.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Karen: >Well, from what I've read, John Linnell does drink his black with sugar...Mr. >Flansburgh takes his light, with no sugar. And for any of my fans that are >out there, I take mine black, nothing added {big grin}. Bleh on coffee, says I! Lydia: >Hah! Wusses! I grind coffee beans between my teeth every morning! What's all >this "Add water" crap? Heh! Light weight! What's this whole "coffee beans" junk? I just eat the whole damn coffee bean tree! ever-sincere, eriKa, my friends are always, "Drink it, eriKa, it's flavored coffee, it doesn't taste like coffee," BUT IT ALWAYS TASTES LIKE COFFEE! ALWAYS! GAH!!! -- damn you, Juan Valdez! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Actually, I just like to say smock. Smock smock smock smock smock smock!" - Hobbes hotel_detective1@juno.com, couple_skate@juno.com, JannisDoe@hotmail.com ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.18f722b1.2532b144@aol.com> Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 23:19:32 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Coffee Drinkin' In a message dated 10/10/99 11:01:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: << Bleh on coffee, says I >> Heh, I hated coffee at first, too...*until* I started drinkin' it with my friends...and before I knew what slugged me from behind, I'd become as enamored of it as my mother before me. I hung out with the proverbial "24-hour diner crowd" as a teen and coffee was the drink that was ordered with everything...Let me put it this way, one of those aforementioned friends recently passed away. His family buried him with numerous items that meant a lot to him -- including an empty coffee cup from 7-11. Karen "and they call it Thunderbird" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.5aa592cb.2532c34f@aol.com> Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 00:36:31 EDT Subject: TMBG: Missing TMBG Setlists The setlists for the following TMBG shows are still missing on www.tmbg.net. If any of you have a setlist for one of the shows listed below, please e-mail a copy to: web@tmbg.net Thanks a lot! Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 9/12/99 Knoxville, Tennessee at The Bijou Theatre 9/15/99 Birmingham, Alabama at The Five Points Music Hall 9/18/99 San Antonio, Texas at The Laurie Auditorium (at Trinity University) 9/21/99 Santa Fe, New Mexico at Paramount 9/24/99 San Diego, California at 4th & B 9/25/99 Las Vegas, Nevada at The Joint (at The Hard Rock Hotel) 9/27/99 West Hollywood, California at The House of Blues 9/28/99 10/6/99 Denver, Colorado at The Bluebird Theatre ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991011044215.73799.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Coffee Drinkin' Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 21:42:15 PDT eriKa: >Lydia: > >Hah! Wusses! I grind coffee beans between my teeth every morning! What's >all > >this "Add water" crap? > >Heh! Light weight! What's this whole "coffee beans" junk? I just eat the >whole damn coffee bean tree! Ha! You people are such wimps! I just get an IV of caffeine shot into my bloodstream every morning! >my friends are always, "Drink it, eriKa, it's flavored coffee, it doesn't >taste like coffee," BUT IT ALWAYS TASTES LIKE COFFEE! You mean it doesn't taste like chicken? -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 23:44:23 -0500 From: "John David Crafton" Message-ID: <7trpvl$1fkp$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Speculation on the bizarre popularity of Particle Man Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote in message news:19991010175438.46496.qmail@hotmail.com... > Now playing: Well, it WAS XTC's Go 2, but my roommate decided he wanted to > be a jack-ass and play some crap at the same time, so I had to stop it. glad to see i'm not the only one who's having problems with his room mate. --John David Crafton, who has to sit through Mambo #5 three times a day. That is all. ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 21:46:57 -0700 (PDT) Subject: TMBG: Update Message-ID: <444-38016BC1-4367@storefull-246.iap.bryant.webtv.net> TMBGofftopic Showcase! has been updated: http://community.webtv.net/GhostKrabb/TMBGofftopic Your's...somewhat, Dexter M. Flansburgh ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.9c8c47ba.2532c69f@aol.com> Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 00:50:39 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Old threads In a message dated 10/10/99 10:48:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, anarchy42@yahoo.com writes: > > > > > Guess Anarchy42 wins, eh. Lydia Curses! Foiled again! ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.7517ed3f.2532c9d0@aol.com> Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 01:04:16 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Coffee Drinkin' In a message dated 10/10/99 11:01:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: > Heh! Light weight! What's this whole "coffee beans" junk? I just eat the > whole damn coffee bean tree! HA! Namby-pamby sissyperson! I eat the PEOPLE that GROW the coffee bean trees! Every morning before work! Lydia Cannibalistic tendencies since 1837 ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <0.2513c44e.2532d370@aol.com> Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 01:45:20 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Coffee Drinkin' In a message dated 10/10/99 8:50:46 PM, MuseKJ@aol.com writes: ><< Well, They'd have to drink Their coffee black, wouldn't They? >> >Well, from what I've read, John Linnell does drink his black with sugar...Mr. > >Flansburgh takes his light, with no sugar. for what it's worth, you can be (well, at least this is true for me) lactose intolerant and still have small amounts of dairy without being affected. i could put milk in my coffee and have no effects. (and i am lactose intolerant) it varies depending on the person and how much milk or whatever is involved. as an unrelated aside: i made a really lame remix of sorts of nightgown of the sullen moon.. if anyone wants to hear it, i'll send it by email. lemme know off the list. sarah ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #22-11 ******************************