Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #22-20 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 22, Number 20 Wednesday, 20 October 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Linnell's 10/26/99 Tower Records In-Store Performance Info TMBG: Re: more on the thing called radio... TMBG: Re: (none) TMBG: I just got State Songs! TMBG: Re: I just got State Songs! TMBG: You Were Spiraling necast - 11/7/99 on liveconcerts.com! Re: TMBG: You Were Spiraling necast - 11/7/99 on liveconcerts.com! TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #22-19 TMBG: Linnell's "Tennessee" Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.c11f9919.253df9d9@aol.com> Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:44:09 EDT Subject: TMBG: Linnell's 10/26/99 Tower Records In-Store Performance Info Hey everybody, I just got off the phone with Tower Records...they told me the Linnell in-store there on 10/26/99 will be at 5 PM. The address the show will be at is: 692 Broadway (W 4th & Broadway) New York, NY Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:11:40 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <380CD07C.C1377CA6@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: more on the thing called radio... YAY Rochester!!! I love where I live...too bad I'm at school in the hills of PA right now. :o( -A LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > > i was in the kitchen making cookies, doing dishes, taking out the garbage, > fun grown-up stuff like that (;P) , and had stereolab's "dots and loops" > playing from the other room. the cd started skipping, so i put the radio on > instead. right after a tori amos song and a soul coughing song, they played > tmbg's "till my head falls off." yeeees. > > so, once again, if y'ain't in the rochester area, the real audio url is: > > http://wber.monroe.edu. :] > > sarah ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:29:23 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <380CD4A3.56540584@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: (none) I was there. They played "Whistling in the Dark" somewhere in there. "James K. Polk" too. Oh and "Exquisite Dead Guy" with the scary puppet heads on the sticks for one encore. Thetas all i can remember though. I'm getting that show mixed up with the Lock Haven show that i went to 2 weeks prior. give me more time and I'll think of it. -A Ian Power wrote: > > hey fans, > I know that this seems a little late, but does anyone have a set > list for the April 30th show in Rochester, NY? Any help will be > appreciated. > -Ian > > ______________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991019210510.38474.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Miss Karen" Subject: TMBG: I just got State Songs! Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:05:10 PDT Here I am at work at POPsmear magazine, and I go into the editor's office, wondering if a review copy came in. And it was just sitting on a chair! So in exchange for me keeping it, I'm going to review it. Oh happy day! It almost makes up for not being able to see Them at the Bowery shows and seeing Linnell at Tower next week (since I'll be in Hong Kong for vacation.) ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 17:21:35 -0400 From: Peter Ohlert Message-ID: <380CE0DE.6123D418@icdc.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: I just got State Songs! Miss Karen wrote: > Here I am at work at POPsmear magazine, Wow, that's the cat's pajamas... I love POPsmear magazine...i discovered it when i was managing a magazine dept at a book store for like 2 years, i just love all the non-sequiter-ness of it (is that a word?), like send in random pictures you found on the ground or rock star refrigerators...and they always seem to have articles on obscure stuff i'm into.... any chance you can get me a job there :) (just kidding) peter ****************** Peter Ohlert Web Developer Internet Connect, Inc. (877)GET-ICDC ohlert@icdc.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003601bf1a81$45093d40$9c43c7d0@thedemonickangaroo> From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Subject: TMBG: You Were Spiraling necast - 11/7/99 on liveconcerts.com! Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 18:28:28 -0400 Hey guys, check it totally out; Liveconcerts.com is broadcasting a You Were Spiraling live show on 11/7. It's the show that was performed on 9/27/99 at the House Of Blues in Los Angeles, CA. This is the same night as the TMBG show that was netcast on hob.com recently. If you go to liveconcerts.com you will see a small picture of Tom Brislin that I took. Click it and you will see three more. :) Silvia Mincewicz is pictured but she is not in the performance. Don't forget to set your calanders and listen to the show, You Were Spiraling is a great band! -Mike http://www.liveconcerts.com/ ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <0.ab7b8d0.253e4fec@aol.com> Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 18:51:24 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: You Were Spiraling necast - 11/7/99 on liveconcerts.com! In a message dated 99-10-19 18:46:56 EDT, tdk@tmbg.org writes: << Don't forget to set your calanders and listen to the show, You Were Spiraling is a great band! >> And we can hear the YWS version of "Take On Me!" WOO HOO! Emar, will marry someone if they rip an MP3 of that cover.... ------------------------------ From: CurlyMan4@aol.com Message-ID: <0.4a08b5fd.253e7f77@aol.com> Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 22:14:15 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #22-19 In the concert at Park West in Chicago they played Dead it was cool ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.1ed9af1e.253eae0e@aol.com> Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 01:33:02 EDT Subject: TMBG: Linnell's "Tennessee" Hi there everybody, I was wondering if anyone on here knew that when Linnell read that Wallace Stevens poem for the state of Tennessee way back at the Mercury Lounge on Oct. 7, 1995, he was reading a poem entitled "Anecdote of the Jar." Below is a copy of the poem...I've read a few interps on the poem online...any of you care to venture a few guesses on it? Anecdote of the Jar Wallace Stevens Stevens------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I placed a jar in Tennessee, And round it was, upon a hill. It made the slovenly wilderness Surround that hill. The wilderness rose up to it, And sprawled around, no longer wild. The jar was round upon the ground And tall and of a port in air. It took dominion every where. The jar was gray and bare. It did not give of bird or bush, Like nothing else in Tennessee. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #22-20 ******************************