Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #22-21 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 22, Number 21 Thursday, 21 October 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Wow, what a cool "state songs" site! TMBG: A tiny TMBGesque tale TMBG: Miss Karen's cool job at POPsmear Re: TMBG: Re: more on the thing called radio... Re: TMBG: Re: more on the thing called radio... TMBG: thursday's bowery show Re: TMBG: Re: more on the thing called radio... TMBG: Friday and Saturday Bowery shows TMBG: Linny in the Voice Re: TMBG: Friday and Saturday Bowery shows Re: TMBG: Wow, what a cool "state songs" site! Re: TMBG: Wow, what a cool "state songs" site! Re: TMBG: Friday and Saturday Bowery shows Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.d055e2a1.253eb5af@aol.com> Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 02:05:35 EDT Subject: TMBG: Wow, what a cool "state songs" site! I just found this website, and thought I'd share...it has words and midis to all the official state songs for the United States, including the controversial one for Maryland ("Maryland My Maryland," written by James Ryder Randall) that Linnell sang at that same Oct. '95 solo show that I mentioned in my last post about the Tennessee jar poem. The song is controversial because the "tyrant" mentioned in the song is Abraham Lincoln. You can even buy sheet music to "Fifty Nifty United States" on the site :-) Ok, so enough talking from me -- here's the URL : http://www.50states.com/songs/ Karen "yeah, I'm in full-tilt research mode, can't you tell?" Riley :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.795a460d.253f12d1@aol.com> Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:42:57 EDT Subject: TMBG: A tiny TMBGesque tale Heh heh, just got back from dropping off my 13-yr. old daughter, Lamberly, at school (I drop off 3-4 young people every weekday, and we listen to a lot of TMBG during the drive over)...in the car this morning she told me that when she wore her TMBG bugs T-shirt to school yesterday, one of her male teachers said "They Might Be Giants? I know them. I liked them better when there was just two of them. Where did you get that T-shirt?" Lam looked at him and said "when they were on tour a couple months ago" (she went with me to the Asbury Park, NJ show on 6/19/99, and to the Central Park show on the following day). Lam told me the teacher took on a sudden look of surprise and said "They're *still* touring?!!" It was at this point in my daughter's story that I believe I had a pretty good laugh :-) Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991020182247.94134.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "jEsSiCa Schleiger" Subject: TMBG: Miss Karen's cool job at POPsmear Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:22:47 MDT peter wrote: >Miss Karen wrote: >>Here I am at work at POPsmear magazine, > >Wow, that's the cat's pajamas... I love POPsmear magazine > >any chance you can get me a job there :) (just kidding) No doubt. How'd you land that one? Any need for a soon to be English Grad oft' accused of being a grammar-nazi? You know, the more TMBG fans we can get working together in such environments the better...we could eventually take over all of pop media...(wink wink. nudge nudge.). ;-) Jessica *********************************************************** ~wake up and smell the catfood in your bank account~ They Might Be Giants ~with no command of language, it's kinda hard to say stuff~ You Were Spiraling *********************************************************** WARNING: Crummy ad for hotmail appears below. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991020204523.84701.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Ian Power" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: more on the thing called radio... Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:45:23 EDT Hey fans, Around 3 oclock WIRQ (Irondequoit) has a spot on WBER and I called and requested TMBG. All they had was I Palindrome I (A good song but poor selection). Also, you that live in Rochester, did you go to the April 30th show at Waterstreet and do you have a setlist? Thanks, Ian ----Original Message Follows---- From: Adrienne Spruill Reply-To: Adrienne Spruill To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: more on the thing called radio... Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:11:40 -0400 YAY Rochester!!! I love where I live...too bad I'm at school in the hills of PA right now. :o( -A LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > > i was in the kitchen making cookies, doing dishes, taking out the garbage, > fun grown-up stuff like that (;P) , and had stereolab's "dots and loops" > playing from the other room. the cd started skipping, so i put the radio on > instead. right after a tori amos song and a soul coughing song, they played > tmbg's "till my head falls off." yeeees. > > so, once again, if y'ain't in the rochester area, the real audio url is: > > http://wber.monroe.edu. :] > > sarah ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <0.d05c108e.253f86f5@aol.com> Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:58:29 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: more on the thing called radio... In a message dated 10/20/99 3:46:51 PM, powerwings19@hotmail.com writes: > Hey fans, > Around 3 oclock WIRQ (Irondequoit) has a spot on WBER and I > >called and requested TMBG. All they had was I Palindrome I (A good song >but >poor selection). hey, was that a couple days ago? i heard that. :) he introed it as tmbg and then played soul coughing first. > Also, you that live in Rochester, did you go to the April 30th > >show at Waterstreet and do you have a setlist? > Thanks, > Ian > i went, i don't have a setlist but i have a tape of it. here ya go: dr. evil (played over the speakers while the stage was lit in red lights) /she's an angel/dr. worm/she thinks she's edith head (twice, as if you were there, remember flans' mic blew out at the end, so they did it again )/why does the sun shine?/shoehorn with teeth/don't let's start/cyclops rock/sexxy/birdhouse/the guitar/no one knows my plan/spy/whistling in the dark/it's so loud in here/james k. polk/older/particle man/exquisite dead guy/istanbul sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger np. thrush hermit ~ "clayton park" ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:28:31 -0500 (CDT) From: Jamal Rogers Subject: TMBG: thursday's bowery show Message-ID: Hello all. I will be attending tomorrow's show at the Bowery Ballroom. I was wondering in anyone wanted to meet up before the show, for dinner or something. If you do, please contact me. --Jamal ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 18:38:47 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <380E4477.83268436@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: more on the thing called radio... I was at the April 30 Waterstreet show, but I don't have a set list. The best I could do for ya is what I can remember. -A Ian Power wrote: > > Hey fans, > Around 3 oclock WIRQ (Irondequoit) has a spot on WBER and I > called and requested TMBG. All they had was I Palindrome I (A good song but > poor selection). > Also, you that live in Rochester, did you go to the April 30th > show at Waterstreet and do you have a setlist? > Thanks, > Ian > > ----Original Message Follows---- > From: Adrienne Spruill > Reply-To: Adrienne Spruill > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: Re: more on the thing called radio... > Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:11:40 -0400 > > YAY Rochester!!! I love where I live...too bad I'm at school in the > hills of PA right now. :o( > -A > > LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > > > > i was in the kitchen making cookies, doing dishes, taking out the > garbage, > > fun grown-up stuff like that (;P) , and had stereolab's "dots and loops" > > playing from the other room. the cd started skipping, so i put the radio > on > > instead. right after a tori amos song and a soul coughing song, they > played > > tmbg's "till my head falls off." yeeees. > > > > so, once again, if y'ain't in the rochester area, the real audio url is: > > > > http://wber.monroe.edu. :] > > > > sarah > > ______________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991020231646.16380.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Reverend Kristina K. Panos" Subject: TMBG: Friday and Saturday Bowery shows Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 18:16:45 CDT For those of you attending Friday and Saturday's Bowery shows, I will be the short girl with short black hair that's handcuffed to a tall guy with long blond hair (for the, uh, sake of togetherness). I will be wearing my *old* snowman shirt, and green cargo pants (tape recorders and smokes!!). I _will_ be jumping up and down during the show, however, I will NOT participate in any beach ball blowing up, tossing, or deflating. You won't find me moshing, and you might not see me in the conga line (unless I'm not already at the front). Please don't be afraid! Come say hello and introduce thineself! I wanted to arrange a pre-show Katz's thing or something, but it can't happen for the Friday show, as the boy that I will be attached to has an evil professor that sprung a midterm on him for that morning, and the eight hour drive from Buffalo will leave us with barely sufficient time to check into our hotel room and get to the show. If you are planning to attend either show, and would like some idea of what I look like (so as to avoid confusion as to which handcuffed couple we are), please email me privately and I will send you a cute little picture of us. In all seriousness, I would really like to meet you fine people! The only people I would recognize are TDK, Rob, Francois Mitterand, and possibly JOrdaN. See you there! Chococat -or- Kristina "I can't wait any longer!!!" Panos ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:09:55 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Linny in the Voice Message-ID: <19991020.200955.-118481.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> Hey HEy! not sure if it's been mentioned yet or not --- there's a fairly large add for John Linnell's instrore appearance as well as his album in this week's Voice... ok i'm outtie :D "take it easy, Jordan" http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/3404/frustuff.html ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.c379eb87.253fc45c@aol.com> Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:20:28 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Friday and Saturday Bowery shows Coolcoolcool! I might not be wearing my huge huge coffee cup T-shirt, because I think it's weird to wear the band's shirt to their show. Do you think so?? But I will be wearing black leather boots with bright orange flames on them. And I'll try to have something noticeable on me, a pin or something, which will be announced before the show, if anyone cares who I am or where :) Lydia Being ignored and depreciated since 1837! ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <33587009.253fc4c3@aol.com> Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:22:11 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Wow, what a cool "state songs" site! Darn it, and I thought I would be SPECIAL by making up a MIDI file of South Carolina. I've learned the piano chords and ALL! :( Lydia Not really being too bummed about it! I like knowing the piano part anyway :) ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <375f6a8a.253fc5a4@aol.com> Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:25:56 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Wow, what a cool "state songs" site! In a message dated 10/20/99 9:22:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, HeYAnArChY writes: > Darn it, and I thought I would be SPECIAL by making up a MIDI file of South > Carolina. I've learned the piano chords and ALL! :( > > Lydia > Not really being too bummed about it! I like knowing the piano part anyway :) > Okay, I panicked, I thought you meant LINNELL state songs! WHEW! Anyway, I AM working on a MIDI on my keyboard.. All I need is the cord and the software!! Lydia yayee! ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.d6d1ab98.253fcb67@aol.com> Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:50:31 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Friday and Saturday Bowery shows In a message dated 10/20/99 9:47:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, spruilla@epix.net writes: > wearing the band's shirt to their show is just silly. you'd be know to > others as "the guy who wore their shirt." you dont want to be "that guy" > -A Or "that girl" :P But I LOVE that huge coffee cup, I LOVE that weirdly distorted lettering! I want to tattoo that on my ankle for some reason. Odd, huh? Lucky I don't wanna tattoo it somewhere else ;) Lydia She was an odd child... ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #22-21 ******************************