Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #22-5 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 22, Number 5 Tuesday, 5 October 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Nothing much TMBG: state songs on the radio Re: TMBG: state songs on the radio Re: TMBG: Linnell Show Re: TMBG: cool stations, made totally portable online TMBG: Long Tall Weekend, to the tune of Meet James Ensor... Re: TMBG: cool stations, made totally portable online Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <19991004171120.94416.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: TMBG: Nothing much Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 10:11:20 PDT Have there really been no messages on either of these lists in the past nine hours, or is my mail server malfunctioning again? What's that? You want some actual content? Well, I stayed up until pretty late last night writing a paper on English legal innovations. It didn't turn out all that well. I also have a test in my Religions of India class in about an hour. What does this have to do with TMBG? Well, if you haven't done well on your yoga, or achieved good karma, you might come back as a bag of groceries accidentally taken off the shelf before the date stamped on yourself. I don't think that was ever actually mentioned within Hindu scriptures, though. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <1df9968d.252a63c8@aol.com> Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 16:10:48 EDT Subject: TMBG: state songs on the radio uhm... i'm listening to the radio, and the dj that's on is playing state songs.. (!?!?!$%%^&*) well, he just played illinois, and said he'd be playing more in a bit. urrm... that is just really cool. coincidentally, it was just as i was giving my sister her tmbg postcard that came in the mail today. nifty. hey mister dj man on 88.5 wrur in rochester ny, are you on this list? ooh, idaho now. :) sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 15:24:59 -0700 From: "Spencer Owen" Subject: Re: TMBG: state songs on the radio >uhm... i'm listening to the radio, and the dj that's on is playing state >songs.. Oh, man. That's too much. Here in L.A. we have KROQ and crappy college stations. KROQ = Kid Rock, Korn, Limp Bizkit. Crappy college stations = jumbled mess. I hate you people in NY with good radio stations. grrr. Spencer. ------------------------------ From: Dexter Flansburgh Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell Show Date: Mon, Oct 4 1999 18:37:59 GMT-0400 Message-Id: <22414985915194@tmbg.org> http://www.troubadour.com/ > >From: "-=eRiCh=-" >Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 22:09:52 -0700 >To: >Subject: TMBG: Linnell Show > >Anyone know if that place in LA has a webpage? i forget what the place is >called the triboroaroinocicikdkifkf or something.... > >-=eRiCh=- > > * ------------------------------------------------------- Free vanity e-mail at http://www.mailworks.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 21:20:42 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: cool stations, made totally portable online In a message dated 10/4/99 6:14:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, SOwen@windwardschool.org writes: << Oh, man. That's too much. Here in L.A. we have KROQ and crappy college stations. KROQ = Kid Rock, Korn, Limp Bizkit. Crappy college stations = jumbled mess. I hate you people in NY with good radio stations. grrr. >> Actually, ever since the Johns recommended WFMU in West Orange, NJ (where Laura Cantrell of "The Guitar" fame has a Saturday radio show -- she's on from 12 noon-3pm EDT), I've found myself only listening to that, and my local NPR station -- which has a radio program from the Brooklyn Conservatory in Park Slope (where the Johns once lived, I believe) that comes on my car radio just as I'm driving back from dropping my kids off at school in the morning. I have to tell you people that both stations feature very TMBG-like music a lot of times (as well as things that sound nothing like them at all). I'm almost starting to think that TMBG has a Park Slope kind of sound to it. But, anyway, for those of you that can't get cool stations by you, check out WFMU radio online at www.wfmu.org. Every radio show they put on there is very different from the next, so be prepared to have an open mind when you tune in. Karen "Radio Guide to the Stars" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com Muse of the Day: Urania ~ ~ Muse of Astronomy & Astrology ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 20:01:18 -0700 (PDT) From: Benjamin Stewart Subject: TMBG: Long Tall Weekend, to the tune of Meet James Ensor... Message-ID: Long Tall Weekend, to the tune of Meet James Ensor ... Long Tall Weekend the Giants' latest album Download it and listen now Appreciate the Johns Before there was Damage Before it was made They recorded some songs Elektra didn't use That album was transformed... Now fans gather round Listened to the net-cast so they could be the first To get Long Tall Weekend the Giants' latest album Download it and sit and stare We all love the Johns They lost all those discs They didn't need those discs They lived out in Brooklyn then uploaded themselves The world has forgotten The world moved along The Giants were the first to use only bits Long Tall Weekend Long Tall Weekend the Giants' latest album Download it and listen now Please support the Johns ... I got bored today in class, and came up with this... If you would like to do something with this, please email me and ask. It'll be posted to my web site some day. -Benjamin Stewart ... bsii@uclink4.berkeley.edu http://www.intelegenesis.com/bs/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991005033058.18704.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: cool stations, made totally portable online Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 20:30:57 PDT >I'm almost starting to think that TMBG has a Park Slope kind of sound >to >it. Isn't it "Istanbul" that has a Park Slope mix? Your mentioning Park Slope just made me think of that. It's the Brownsville remix of "Istanbul" that has the white tornado, right? I have a hard time keeping all of those mixes straight. -- Yours 'til my head falls off Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #22-5 *****************************