Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #23-4 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 23, Number 4 Thursday, 4 November 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: House of John TMBG: A Warning About CDnow Re: TMBG: A Warning About CDnow Re: sortaTMBG: A Warning About CDnow Re: TMBG: A Warning About CDnow Re: TMBG: A Warning About CDnow Re: TMBG: A Warning About CDnow Re: TMBG: A Warning About CDnow Re: TMBG: A Warning About CDnow TMBG: back inside cover of State Songs TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs TMBG: Inside Cover of State Songs... Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs Re: TMBG: A Warning About CDnow Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs Re: TMBG: back inside cover of State Songs Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs Re: TMBG: back inside cover of State Songs TMBG: Pre-order Montana!? Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG on Daily Show!? TMBG: NON-TMBG : emusic bands Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs Re: TMBG: back inside cover of State Songs Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs Re: TMBG: House of John Re: TMBG: Re: Chris's fav. states Re: TMBG: House of John Re: TMBG: Mono Puff Tour Dates Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs TMBG: Thunderbird Re: TMBG: Thunderbird Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 02:12:33 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: House of John Message-ID: <27961-38200A91-65@storefull-245.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Hey guys. I've got a favor to ask. But first, the story: I was surfing the net, as I often do, catching up on what's happening in the world of TMBG. Of course, you all know that there are tons of TMBG sites on the net. There's also a few Mono Puff pages thrown in there as well. But one thing I noticed was that there were none for John Linnell (I could be mistaken, but I haven't seen any). So recently, I decided to start work on a John Linnell page, and I think it's ready for public display (although there's really not that much up right now). I'd really appreciate it if some of you guys took time out to check it out sometime in the near future, and give me some feedback. http://community.webtv.net/GhostKrabb/JohnLinnell Thanks! Your's...somewhat, Dexter M. Flansburgh ------------------------------ Message-ID: <382028D8.FF211FD9@pacificnet.net> Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 04:21:50 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: A Warning About CDnow Over a month ago I advance ordered "State Songs", the Montana single and two other CDs from CDnow.com and *none* of it has even been shipped yet! Not even "State Songs" which came out two weeks ago. An error? Nope, it turns out its just their policy. All items in your order are held until the *last* advance order item is available. Isn't that ridiculuos? The reason a person makes an advance order in the first place is so that they can get a CD on (or near) the day it is released. (Not wait an extra two weeks!) If you order two "advance order" items that don't come out on the same date, you're screwed. Well, the only reason I ordered "State Songs" from them in the first place was in case I couldn't find it a a music store right away. (Turned out I got it on the first day at my local Best Buy.) I wrote their customer service a couple of times and they basically agreed with me that its a flaw. By the way, if any of your items are out of stock, you will usually have to wait until it becomes available until ANY of your order is shipped. A way to avoid all this is to order each item separately. But what the point in going through all that hassle when it seems easier to walk into a store in buy them? -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 07:48:05 -0500 Message-Id: <199911030748.AA149946452@megahits.com> From: "Lee Steel" Subject: Re: TMBG: A Warning About CDnow This is partially not true. CDNOW has always shipped the items that they have in stock right away and sent me e-mail to notify that some items are on backorder. ---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Bongo Reply-To: Bongo Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 04:21:50 -0800 > > Over a month ago I advance ordered "State Songs", the Montana single and two other CDs >from CDnow.com and *none* of it has even been shipped yet! Not even "State Songs" which >came out two weeks ago. An error? Nope, it turns out its just their policy. All items in >your order are held until the *last* advance order item is available. Isn't that >ridiculuos? The reason a person makes an advance order in the first place is so that they >can get a CD on (or near) the day it is released. (Not wait an extra two weeks!) If you >order two "advance order" items that don't come out on the same date, you're screwed. > > Well, the only reason I ordered "State Songs" from them in the first place was in case >I couldn't find it a a music store right away. (Turned out I got it on the first day at my >local Best Buy.) I wrote their customer service a couple of times and they basically >agreed with me that its a flaw. By the way, if any of your items are out of stock, you >will usually have to wait until it becomes available until ANY of your order is shipped. A >way to avoid all this is to order each item separately. But what the point in going >through all that hassle when it seems easier to walk into a store in buy them? > >-B O N G O > > ------------------------------ From: MsTanbul@aol.com Message-ID: <0.c4a43824.25518e21@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 08:09:53 EST Subject: Re: sortaTMBG: A Warning About CDnow I believe if you order things from Amazon.com or Borders online or BN online or any of those, the same policy holds. The only solution I know of is to order your items separately, though you may pay more for shipping that way. I have had situations in the past with amazon when part of an order was taking a long time, they made 2 shipments... but that's probably the exception, not the rule. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.2.0.58.19991103084658.00956900@130.127.28.14> Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 08:48:23 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: A Warning About CDnow I just got my State Songs in 2 days ago, and I ordered it from CDNow on the 21st. I used to really like CDNow, but now I'm not so sure.... They said they shipped it on the 24th, but I have a hard time believing it spent that much time en route. -Adam At 04:21 AM 11/3/99 -0800, Bongo wrote: > Well, the only reason I ordered "State Songs" from them in the first > place was in case >I couldn't find it a a music store right away. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:18:12 -0500 From: Leo Bicknell Subject: Re: TMBG: A Warning About CDnow Message-ID: <19991103091812.A10277@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: United Federation of Planets On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 04:21:50AM -0800, Bongo wrote: > came out two weeks ago. An error? Nope, it turns out its just their policy. All items in > your order are held until the *last* advance order item is available. Isn't that Every time I have ordered something that is not available there is a pair of checkboxes on the order screen. The default one is "ship the items when all are available", which soulds like what you got. There is a second one, which is "ship in-stock items now, and the rest when they are available". Note, if you select the second item they will charge a little more for shipping as they have to send you multiple shipments. -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440 Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <382044EA.389C856C@bigfoot.com> Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 08:21:30 -0600 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: A Warning About CDnow I remember getting my SEXXY single at my door the day it came out... and some Cure stuff too, right away. Now, whenever I place an advance order, I get it a week late. Including State Songs, which I got on Saturday. I dunno what happened with them, but if I didn't know how to work them for free CDs, I'd stop advance ordering there. Destin Adam Tyner wrote: > I just got my State Songs in 2 days ago, and I ordered it from CDNow on the > 21st. I used to really like CDNow, but now I'm not so sure.... They said > they shipped it on the 24th, but I have a hard time believing it spent that > much time en route. > > -Adam > > At 04:21 AM 11/3/99 -0800, Bongo wrote: > > > Well, the only reason I ordered "State Songs" from them in the first > > place was in case > >I couldn't find it a a music store right away. ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.130bc1a9.25519f87@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:24:07 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: A Warning About CDnow In a message dated 11/3/99 7:18:03 AM Eastern Standard Time, ggr@pacificnet.net writes: << Well, the only reason I ordered "State Songs" from them in the first place was in case I couldn't find it a a music store right away. (Turned out I got it on the first day at my local Best Buy.) I wrote their customer service a couple of times and they basically agreed with me that its a flaw. By the way, if any of your items are out of stock, you will usually have to wait until it becomes available until ANY of your order is shipped. A way to avoid all this is to order each item separately. But what the point in going through all that hassle when it seems easier to walk into a store in buy them? -B O N G O >> Well, on amazon.com, I'm having my order for State Songs, Montana and the 2nd Austin Powers II soundtrack wait until they do get it all together in one shipment, to save on shipping costs...but on amazon you at least have the option of having each item sent to you as it comes in. Karen (MuseKJ) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991103170129.12416.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: A Warning About CDnow Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 09:01:29 PST MsTanbul: >I have had situations in the past with amazon when part of an order >was >taking >a long time, they made 2 shipments... but that's probably the >exception, >not the rule. I think that might happen if their estimated shipping time turns out to be woefully inaccurate. For instance, Amazon claimed that a Young Fresh Fellows album that I ordered would ship in (I think) two to three days, but it ended up taking several weeks, so they shipped the rest of my order separately. >but on amazon you at least have the >option of having each item sent to you as it comes in. I think that option is only available if you order by credit card, though. -- Relaxing on my hands and knees, relaxing on my face, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 13:03:49 -0500 (EST) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: TMBG: back inside cover of State Songs Message-ID: I was able to speak with Linnell in New Haven (btw, all the updates to tmbg.net should be up soon... Austin had a hard drive crash and has unable to do updates...) BUT ANYWAY... Linnell said that the inside back cover of State Songs *IS* something we are supposed to figure out. He didn't tell me what it was but it is something... it was the designers idea.... it would be really cool if somebody could figure out what it means? P.S. - I mean the place with the 72 square grid and other random lines -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 13:08:00 -0500 From: Peter Ohlert Message-ID: <38207A00.15357072@icdc.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs its an outline of each state form the cd and the us outline on top of each other, if you look closely you can make out the indiviual forms... peter Josh Axelrad wrote: > I was able to speak with Linnell in New Haven (btw, all the updates to > tmbg.net should be up soon... Austin had a hard drive crash and has unable > to do updates...) BUT ANYWAY... > > Linnell said that the inside back cover of State Songs *IS* something we > are supposed to figure out. He didn't tell me what it was but it is > something... it was the designers idea.... it would be really cool if > somebody could figure out what it means? > > P.S. - I mean the place with the 72 square grid and other random lines > > -- > Jish > TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page > http://www.tmbg.net/ -- ****************** Peter Ohlert Web Developer Internet Connect, Inc. (877)GET-ICDC ohlert@icdc.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001401bf2628$77e7f1e0$5a228a81@rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Nicholas Wolf" Subject: TMBG: Inside Cover of State Songs... Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:23:03 -0700 Ok, for those of us who aren't fortunate enough to own a copy yet, can someone scan the inside cover of State Songs, and post it somewhere? :0) Thanks. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <0.186b9912.2551ddf0@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 13:50:24 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs >its an outline of each state form the cd and the us outline on top of each >other, if you look closely you can make out the indiviual forms... no, he meant the grid on the inside... >Ok, for those of us who aren't fortunate enough to own a copy yet, can >someone scan the inside cover of State Songs, and post it somewhere? :0) sure thing. -- http://www.geocities.com/foldfive_1999/grid.jpg i for one, am *completely* stumped.. sarah ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.91370af1.2551e0ec@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:03:08 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: A Warning About CDnow In a message dated 11/3/99 12:03:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes: << >but on amazon you at least have the >option of having each item sent to you as it comes in. I think that option is only available if you order by credit card, though. >> No, that option is available for both checks and credit cards. They are one of the easiest-going online shops when it comes to checks that I've ever seen. It's one of the reasons I love them so much, as I don't always like paying by credit card. Karen (MuseKJ) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <38208839.1036DA03@mailandnews.com> Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 13:08:41 -0600 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs That's in the CD tray. Josh is referring to the last page of the booklet. I don't know what it is, exactly. Could be just what the back page of one of those composition books looks like (with a calendar, schedule, etc). I haven't seen one since prolly 8th grade, and seeing as that was like 9 years ago, it's none too fresh in my mind. Destin Peter Ohlert wrote: > its an outline of each state form the cd and the us outline on top of each > other, if you look closely you can make out the indiviual forms... > > peter > > Josh Axelrad wrote: > > > I was able to speak with Linnell in New Haven (btw, all the updates to > > tmbg.net should be up soon... Austin had a hard drive crash and has unable > > to do updates...) BUT ANYWAY... > > > > Linnell said that the inside back cover of State Songs *IS* something we > > are supposed to figure out. He didn't tell me what it was but it is > > something... it was the designers idea.... it would be really cool if > > somebody could figure out what it means? > > > > P.S. - I mean the place with the 72 square grid and other random lines > > > > -- > > Jish > > TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page > > http://www.tmbg.net/ > > -- > ****************** > Peter Ohlert > Web Developer > Internet Connect, Inc. > (877)GET-ICDC > ohlert@icdc.com -- Destin Berthelot destin@bigfoot.com "The fourth dimension is just one big crazy do-not-enter clambake jungle of weirdity! And how does it work? Never mind!" -The Tick ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3820898E.D31200CF@fruhead.com> Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 14:14:22 -0500 From: lawrence solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > sure thing. -- > > http://www.geocities.com/foldfive_1999/grid.jpg hmmm... wow. that's um... interesting... I'm tempted to say it has something to do with his name, but all I can pick out are Hs and Ls, and that's probably just a coincidence... it also could be some kind of simplified street map, although I'm not sure he'd reasonably expect us to get that. I'm kind of wondering whether it's the lines or the boxes they form that are significant here... What I want to know is, once someone has a guess, how do they let Linnell know so he can confirm or deny it? :) -- lawrence solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "You knew it was true, when I held you, there were no secrets. I believed it." -Moxy Fruvous, _I Will Hold On_ ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.799d0783.2551e6c6@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:28:06 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: back inside cover of State Songs In a message dated 11/3/99 1:06:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, jish@cmu.edu writes: << Linnell said that the inside back cover of State Songs *IS* something we are supposed to figure out. He didn't tell me what it was but it is something... it was the designers idea.... it would be really cool if somebody could figure out what it means? P.S. - I mean the place with the 72 square grid and other random lines >> Didn't somebody else already mention that that was a page you'd find in a chem lab notebook, or something similar? Karen (MuseKJ) ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.55091f09.2551e864@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:35:00 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs In a message dated 11/3/99 2:14:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, zaph@fruhead.com writes: << to do with his name, but all I can pick out are Hs and Ls, and that's probably just a coincidence... >> No, wait just a second...you CAN find all the letters in his first and last name in that design...I think you might have figured something interesting out here. Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199911032015.PAB42504@f04n05.cac.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 15:15:04 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: back inside cover of State Songs At 01:03 PM 11/3/1999 -0500, Josh Axelrad wrote: >Linnell said that the inside back cover of State Songs *IS* something we >are supposed to figure out. He didn't tell me what it was but it is >something... it was the designers idea.... it would be really cool if >somebody could figure out what it means? > >P.S. - I mean the place with the 72 square grid and other random lines Thanks alot, now it's driving me insane. :) I can't figure out what it's supposed to mean at all, but I found something of interest to HHGTTG fans. There are 72 squares in the grid. Leaving the grid alone, subtract one from the number 72 for every remaining line in the design, including the four that make up the outer square. 42! Grasping at straws, --Jason-- ------------------------------ From: "Erik J. Chuss" Message-ID: <8525681E.0075B4F9.00@notes949.cc.telcordia.com> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 16:25:31 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Pre-order Montana!? Kristina "What are you staring at?" Panos wrote: "Nein. The coveted vinyl-only Montana single will be released on November 9th. I should know. I preordered it, and I was a little pissed off that they couldn't guarantee it." Those bastards! Where did you pre-order it from? Any info would be appreciated? TIA! Erik Chuss who can't wait for the Mono Puff Careless Santa Christmas show in NYC! Over 2 hours Careless Santa being played over and over again - The NYC Sewer Mix should be the best! ;-) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991103212629.12516.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Kristin ." Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 16:26:29 EST Well you can just about find anybody's name in the lines if you stretch it enough. It has to be something other than that... I hope. >From: MuseKJ@aol.com >Reply-To: MuseKJ@aol.com >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs >Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:35:00 EST > >In a message dated 11/3/99 2:14:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, >zaph@fruhead.com >writes: > ><< to do with his name, but all I can pick out are Hs and Ls, and that's >probably > just a coincidence... >> >No, wait just a second...you CAN find all the letters in his first and last >name in that design...I think you might have figured something interesting >out here. > >Karen :-) >MuseKJ@aol.com ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991103223149.87403.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Ian Power" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG on Daily Show!? Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 17:31:49 EST Does anyone know when the Daily Show with TMBG will be airing? I don't have cable, and I need to know when to tell my Grandma to tape it. So what's gonna happen to chess piece face? -Ian Power PS - I noticed that no Mono Puff Tour Dates are posted at theymightbegiants.com or tmbg.com. Is there a seperate webpage? ----Original Message Follows---- From: MuseKJ@aol.com Reply-To: MuseKJ@aol.com To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG on Daily Show!? Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 00:47:20 EST In a message dated 11/3/99 12:20:46 AM Eastern Standard Time, Jay@tmbg.org writes: << TMBG is the specail house band for the Daily Show's Millenium Special. It's odd that they're taping it in Nov, considering that it'd make more sense for it to be aired in Dec. However, it is gonna be both Johns. -Jay >> Well, they're taping it in November, but isn't this show supposed to be seen on New Year's Eve, or at the very least, in December? Karen (MuseKJ) ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19991103200128.009efe00@email.uc.edu> Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 20:02:35 -0500 From: Matthew Burkart Subject: TMBG: NON-TMBG : emusic bands Have any of you looked through some of the bands on emusic.com? If you have, then do you think any of the albums are worth purchasing? They have the deal for an mp3 player if you spend $50 and I have only spent the $9 for ltw. Thanks, Matt ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.362008f6.25523f2b@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 20:45:15 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs If anyone wants to read my contribution it's down there. . . . . . . . . It looks a little like a sideways contemporary art deco abstract impressionist griddy whatnot American Flag to me. Lydia Being secretive and stuff since 1837 ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.ee3dcf76.25523fc3@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 20:47:47 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: back inside cover of State Songs In a message dated 11/3/99 4:17:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jdf179@psu.edu writes: > Thanks alot, now it's driving me insane. :) I can't figure out what it's > supposed to mean at all, but I found something of interest to HHGTTG fans. > There are 72 squares in the grid. Leaving the grid alone, subtract one from > the number 72 for every remaining line in the design, including the four > that make up the outer square. 42! > Woo hoo! The ultimate grid of life, the universe and everything! Lydia Heheee! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 22:06:03 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <3820F81B.74512F90@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs Oh my God...I so don't see it. Someone help me!! "I'd rather be whistling in the dark," -A MuseKJ@aol.com wrote: > > In a message dated 11/3/99 2:14:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, zaph@fruhead.com > writes: > > << to do with his name, but all I can pick out are Hs and Ls, and that's > probably > just a coincidence... >> > No, wait just a second...you CAN find all the letters in his first and last > name in that design...I think you might have figured something interesting > out here. > > Karen :-) > MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.63695ea3.2552501e@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 21:57:34 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: House of John There IS a TMBG fan club. It seems to appeal more towards people who are more seriously attracted to him, but hey. I'm member 26 and John himself is Honorary Member #20! L.O.L. Lydia A Faithful Linnell Fan Since 1837! ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.3bbf79a5.25525157@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 22:02:47 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Chris's fav. states In a message dated 10/27/99 5:54:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ghost_krabb@yahoo.com writes: > but defenatly not NEVADA, it's so bad i'm sorry but it > is ahh i'm listening to it right now well this parts > good but once this ends who wants 7 minutes of parade > zach thinks john linnell should have gone around with > a tape recorder and recorded himself trying to pick up > women and put it over this part and yes i agree. > I agree heartily myself, that would be VERY entertaining! But he Might actually GET a few and THEN he'd be in trouble ;) Lydia [insert funny thing here] 1837! ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.27a452a6.255251d7@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 22:04:55 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: House of John I just realized that link might not work for everyone so here is the URL to Lovers of Linnell! And that RHYMES! Woo hoo :) http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Palms/7081 It's not my site! Lydia Humble as always. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991104033049.29977.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Mono Puff Tour Dates Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 19:30:49 PST Ian Power wrote: >PS - I noticed that no Mono Puff Tour Dates are posted at >theymightbegiants.com or tmbg.com. Is there a seperate webpage? There is a Mono Puff site at . I don't know if it has tour dates, though. I haven't heard of any plans for Mono Puff shows in the near future, so there probably won't be any dates up there even if such a thing is within the site's jurisdiction (so to speak). -- Relaxing on my hands and knees, relaxing on my face, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <0.738501a0.255267a2@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 23:37:54 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs In a message dated 11/3/99 4:26:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, krisncsu@hotmail.com writes: << Well you can just about find anybody's name in the lines if you stretch it enough. It has to be something other than that... I hope. >From: MuseKJ@aol.com >Reply-To: MuseKJ@aol.com >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: back inside cover of State Songs >Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:35:00 EST > >In a message dated 11/3/99 2:14:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, >zaph@fruhead.com >writes: > ><< to do with his name, but all I can pick out are Hs and Ls, and that's >probably > just a coincidence... >> >No, wait just a second...you CAN find all the letters in his first and last >name in that design...I think you might have figured something interesting >out here. > >Karen :-) >MuseKJ@aol.com >> I've had all day to think on my reply to all this, and you're right, it's just way too simplistic an answer. There's probably no way I'm ever going to hear the truth on what the hidden meaning is anyway, so I'm going to stop beating myself up over this right now. Karen :-) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.a727a83e.25526955@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 23:45:09 EST Subject: TMBG: Thunderbird Is there anywhere I can find the lyrics to above song? I really, really want them because I'm in love with the song but I don't have the words :) Lydia Ever-hopeful. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991104045544.76178.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Thunderbird Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 20:55:44 PST Lydia wrote: >Is there anywhere I can find the lyrics to above song? I really, really >want >them because I'm in love with the song but I don't have the words :) I think they're up somewhere at TDK's site. -- Relaxing on my hands and knees, relaxing on my face, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #23-4 *****************************