Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #23-9 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 23, Number 9 Tuesday, 9 November 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Sensurround TMBG: Birdhouse on Shoutcast Re: NON-TMBG: Moxy Fruvous show 11/24 Re: LSD (Was: NON-TMBG: Moxy Fruvous show 11/24) TMBG: Another head for Rochester Fru TMBG: fru in Cincinnati Re: NON-TMBG: fru in Cincinnati TMBG: LTW Cover Art Re: NON-TMBG: fru in Cincinnati TMBG: :GBMT Re: TMBG: Re: Vote Damn You VOTE!!!!! TMBG: Re: Another head for Rochester Fru TMBG: Linnell article... Re: LSD (Was: NON-TMBG: Moxy Fruvous show 11/24) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <38267699.D4EF7E63@fruhead.com> Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 02:07:05 -0500 From: lawrence solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Sensurround BirdhouseIYS@aol.com wrote: > > Another difference is (if nobody alrady pointed this out yet) that different > band members are playing in each version. The MMPR version includes Tony > Maimone on the bass. The S-E-X-X-Y version has Graham Maby on bass and Eric > Schermerhorn on lead guitar. They both have Brian Doherty playing the > drums. Actually, I thought the MMPR version had a completely different bassist - one who never actually toured with them, but just helped them record Sensurround (or was that one SenSurround?) (I'm pretty sure it's this song I'm thinking of where they did that...) kind of like the studio musicians for Dr. Worm, who aren't the regular tour people... But the S-E-X-X-Y version, being recorded at the FS sessions, definitely has that arrangement. -- lawrence solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "You knew it was true, when I held you, there were no secrets. I believed it." -Moxy Fruvous, _I Will Hold On_ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <1F7756518B80D311B08D00805FE603A8147237@groexmbcr02.pfizer.com> From: "Steel, W Lee" Subject: TMBG: Birdhouse on Shoutcast Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 08:49:45 -0500 Birdhouse in your Soul is playing on Shoutcast "POP 80's" at this moment. 8:51am Lee Steel Pfizer Engineering (860) - 715 - 2328 pager: (800) 760-6206 ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 08:56:45 -0500 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Moxy Fruvous show 11/24 Message-ID: <19991108.085645.-263925.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> > > anyone else? c'mon, i know there's a bunch of you rochester-ites > on here... > > :) > > also don't forget "insane people with cars." :) > > Rochester is "only" 5 hours from me, so of course I'm going to be at > that > show. (unless there's really severe weather on I-79, which would > suck) hehee, ok so i totally was just not thinking anything along these lines but yeah - where are they playing? is it a big venue? i may actually think about greyhounding up there from NYC (damnit why didn't i think of this earlier) if i can be sure that tickets won't sell out... hmm... maybe i should go to FHDC and discuss this - i'm sure the tmbg listies prolly don't wanna hear. but anyone with info (sarah?) that can e-mail me, i'd appreciate it! :D "take it easy, JOrdaN" http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/3404/frustuff.html ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3826FE33.4FB3F5F@airmail.net> Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 10:45:39 -0600 From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: LSD (Was: NON-TMBG: Moxy Fruvous show 11/24) Joe Teagno wrote: > > > >Not sure why they don't call it LAD or LSAD, but I guess the > > >song would have had to be called "Lucy in the Air with Diamonds" or "Lucy > > >in > > >the Sky with Artificial Diamonds" in that case. > > > > You know, I had no idea that that song made reference to the actual > acronym > > itself. I realize that the song is about LSD, or was written under the > > influence of LSD, yadda yadda, but hey, that's good to know > > Just for the record, "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" really isn't named > after LSD. It's the title of a drawing that Sean Lennon made when he was > around five years old in school. When John saw it and heard what Sean had > titled it, he fell in love with the name and that's the origin of the title. Again, the child in this case would be Julian, not Sean. Sean wasn't even born when that song was written, regardless of its origin. Anything Beatles-related that refers to John Lennon's son would be referring to Julian; Sean wasn't born until 1975, long after the Fab Four broke up. Always happy to clarify, Danielle -- Even eyes never mean that you're sure to see. --XTC ------------------------------ Date: 8 Nov 1999 09:46:20 -0800 Message-ID: <19991108174620.3220.cpmta@c008.sfo.cp.net> From: Neal Shankman Subject: TMBG: Another head for Rochester Fru Hey there... I'm an expatriate Rochesterian, but I'll be back at the homestead for Thanksgiving, and I've already got my ticket for the MF show. Looking forward to seeing y'all there. Perhaps we should organize a pre- and/or post-show... NSS On Sun, 07 November 1999, owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org wrote: > > Message-ID: <38267583.9D0D0FBB@fruhead.com> > Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 02:02:27 -0500 > From: lawrence solomon > Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Moxy Fruvous show 11/24 > > LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > > > anyone else? c'mon, i know there's a bunch of you rochester-ites on here... > > :) > > also don't forget "insane people with cars." :) > > Rochester is "only" 5 hours from me, so of course I'm going to be at > that show. (unless there's really severe weather on I-79, which would > suck) "My good looks paid for this pool, and my talent filled it with water." -Phil Hartman as Troy McClure, "The Simpsons" ______________________________________________________________ Go Cubs Email - The Official Email Service of the Chicago Cubs Get your free Go Cubs Email account http://www.cubs.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991108192115.18467.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Todd Wetherbee" Subject: TMBG: fru in Cincinnati Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 11:21:15 PST Can anybody tell me when the fruvous show in Cincy is? And if anyone has any more specific info, like where and how much etc., that would be great too. Also, plebian stuttgardt burrowing hamloaf. Thank you. Todd ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3827298F.7D4700F2@fruvous.com> Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 14:50:39 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: fru in Cincinnati Todd Wetherbee wrote: > > Can anybody tell me when the fruvous show in Cincy is? And if anyone has > any more specific info, like where and how much etc., that would be great > too. Also, plebian stuttgardt burrowing hamloaf. Thank you. It was this past Saturday night (and it was a pretty decent show). For Fruvous information, keep your eyes on www.fruvous.com. I'm sure there'll be reviews of that show plus very up to date Tour information. Or check out www.fruhead.com. They have a map that let's you specific where you live and it will email you when a show is known to be within 100 miles of there (for arbitrary values of 100). I've never used it before, so I don't know if it works or not, but I know it's an option *grin* - Chad ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19991108141737.00865180@martin.luther.edu> Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 14:17:37 -0600 From: Tarsi Subject: TMBG: LTW Cover Art Sorry for asking for something that was posted a million times, but I've lost my cover art for LTW and I just finally got LTW burned to a CD and would really like to have the art. Can anyone provide me with a URL or the pics themselves? Thanks a million. Tarsi 210 * -------------------------------------------------------- Silly little men sitting in a row One sits down while the other one bows Down and down the road they go Don't you think this is silly? - Tarsi 210 * -------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19991108210250.39556.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Todd Wetherbee" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: fru in Cincinnati Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 13:02:50 PST > > Can anybody tell me when the fruvous show in Cincy is? And if anyone >has > > any more specific info, like where and how much etc., that would be >great > > too. Also, plebian stuttgardt burrowing hamloaf. Thank you. > >It was this past Saturday night (and it was a pretty decent show). > Awwwwwww... you could've at least lied and said it sucked. Oh, well, I probably had a lot more fun at Elvis night at the Melody Inn (yes, that is what I was doing this past Saturday night.). ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: garrett27@juno.com Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 15:58:47 -0800 Subject: TMBG: :GBMT Message-ID: <19991108.160155.-81897.3.Garrett27@juno.com> Hey everybody, Just felt like letting everyone know that today I brought my accordion to school and played it while my friend and I sang James K Polk for my history class. I even made a drum tape and played it in the background! Our teacher liked it so much, he's invited us to do another performance. It was so much fun! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :) Anyway, yeah...umm. Then before, in first period (programming), I had the accordion out and I started messing around playing a weird rhythm for Istanbul and some people recognized it so I started playing the normal version and a whole bunch of people started singing! It's amazing how that song has that widespread hypnotic effect that makes everyone join in. And my teacher in that class is a TMBG fan, so he's always cool about that. Garrett Liggett - And I didn't completely screw up! ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.c1a1a553.2558dc76@aol.com> Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 21:09:58 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Vote Damn You VOTE!!!!! > (psst, mr./ms. gegatron? ya forgot to change your screen name or whathaveyou > when you posted a reply ...to yourself... ) Heartless, heartless! ::goes to vote:: Lydia Tsk, tsk. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 22:36:42 -0500 From: "nanotech" Message-ID: <8085a6$2mmo$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Another head for Rochester Fru Hello I live in Syracuse New York...There is a They Might be Giants concert in Rochester NY again? When did this happen? Where? I didnt hear the news. Where is it at and when? Damn im excitied now! ------------------------------ From: jbparke@juno.com Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 00:31:45 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Linnell article... Message-ID: <19991109.003146.-589729.0.jbparke@juno.com> Here's an article i found where JL discusses his future plans for his State Songs project: http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/redirect/leaf=allstararticle/fid=155 646 That's it... v^v Jeffro v^v ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <0.b6622b20.25590e1b@aol.com> Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 00:41:47 EST Subject: Re: LSD (Was: NON-TMBG: Moxy Fruvous show 11/24) In a message dated 11/7/99 7:47:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, joe.teagno@mail.rit.edu writes: > Lennon had consistently reiterated over the years that *this* is the origin > of the song's title. His story also checks out with someone else (I think > Paul McCartney, but I can't remember it right now). And seriously, why > would Lennon repeatedly lie about the origin of this song's title? This is > a man who readily admitted to having used LSD hundreds of times. So why > would he make a point about lying about this one particular case? ...To hide the fact that his SON had by then used LSD hundreds of times ;) Lydia Feeling mean ;) ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #23-9 *****************************