Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #25-13 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 25, Number 13 Thursday, 13 January 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Fwd: They Might Be Giants Stand Tall as Number OneDownloaded... Re: TMBG: Fwd: They Might Be Giants Stand Tall as Number One Downloaded... TMBG: Malcolm Mania Sweeps Nation Re: TMBG: Malcolm Mania Sweeps Nation Re: TMBG: More Malcolm Music Musings Re: TMBG: More Malcolm Music Musings Re: TMBG: Malcolm Mania Sweeps Nation Re: TMBG: Fwd: They Might Be Giants Stand Tall as Number One Downloaded... Re: TMBG: More Malcolm Music Musings TMBG: "Hovering Sombrero" mp3's - New Dial-A-Song song!!! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <002001bf5cd3$574bbf20$4cc708d1@oemcomputer> From: "S. Bergeron" Subject: Re: TMBG: Fwd: They Might Be Giants Stand Tall as Number OneDownloaded... Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 03:02:14 -0500 : In a message dated 1/11/00 5:02:14 PM, LimeZinger@aol.com writes: : : << Popular rock band They Might Be Giants, topped the worldwide chart for : legal, MP3 sales in 1999, >> : : and it didn't even say quirky..... :0) : : <> : : never thought of myself as part of a cult. I've been a part of a cult for a long time. :-) And FB & C end up at number ten..... Way to go, guys. Jack Bergeron, idiotnot@visi.net Newport News, VA http://members.visi.net/~idiotnot/ "Coffee is a social disorder."--John Sidney Linnell ------------------------------ Date: 12 Jan 2000 00:28:31 -0800 Message-ID: <-1264485587ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Fwd: They Might Be Giants Stand Tall as Number One Downloaded... >REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Jan. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Popular rock band >They Might Be Giants, topped the worldwide chart ... "Popular"? -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: 12 Jan 2000 00:40:13 -0800 Message-ID: <-1264484885ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Malcolm Mania Sweeps Nation I read today that Malcolm in the Middle did extremely well in the ratings. It was the second most watched series premiere in FOX history. 22 million people saw the show. That means 22 million people heard the music of TMBG on Sunday evening! -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <3c.3c8c27ae.25ad98d8@aol.com> Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 03:44:08 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Malcolm Mania Sweeps Nation In a message dated 1/12/00 3:38:20 AM, ggr@wlg.com writes: > I read today that Malcolm in the Middle did extremely well in the ratings. >It was the second most watched series premiere in FOX history. 22 million >people saw the show. That means 22 million people heard the music of TMBG >on Sunday evening! *thud*. that's really cool. y'know, when my mom was dropping me off at work the other day (while i'm in a hurry, mind you), she mentions out of nowhere "you know, they might be giants are everywhere." yes mommy, they are. sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 08:56:38 -0800 From: "Pzickler" Subject: Re: TMBG: More Malcolm Music Musings >... FOX assigns them to do >music for The >Simpsons and Futurama. >They've already been referenced on every single Futurama episode! Every single episode? Can you give us details of this, or is it up on a website somewhere? I'm really skeptical that *every* episode has included TMBG refs. But I could be wrong. PZ www.i.am/notyourbroom ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:51:34 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: More Malcolm Music Musings << >They've already been referenced on every single Futurama episode! Every single episode? Can you give us details of this, or is it up on a website somewhere? I'm really skeptical that *every* episode has included TMBG refs. But I could be wrong. >> I believe that was meant sarcastically I could be wrong, though. Kay ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <91.e72542.25ae1a42@aol.com> Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:56:18 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Malcolm Mania Sweeps Nation << y'know, when my mom was dropping me off at work the other day (while i'm in a hurry, mind you), she mentions out of nowhere "you know, they might be giants are everywhere." yes mommy, they are. >> My dad watched it not knowing anything about TMBG's involvement, and when he called me last night, he said, "You know when I heard that music, I thought it was some band that sounded like your friends (he always calls them that, hehe), and I thought 'Maybe she's onto something, maybe that really is the way all music is going to sound, ' then I saw the credits and I said, 'oh.' " Heh, gotta love my dad. Kay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000112183258.63908.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Fwd: They Might Be Giants Stand Tall as Number One Downloaded... Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:32:58 GMT Bongo wrote: > >REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Jan. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Popular rock band > >They Might Be Giants, topped the worldwide chart ... > > "Popular"? Maybe that was meant in the sense that Their music could be classified as "pop music," not in the sense that They're loved by millions of people the world over. -- Relaxing on my hands and knees, relaxing on my face, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000112183732.64019.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: More Malcolm Music Musings Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:37:32 GMT Kaylum wrote: ><< >They've already been referenced on every single Futurama episode! > > > Every single episode? Can you give us details of this, or is it up on a > website somewhere? I'm really skeptical that *every* episode has >included > TMBG refs. But I could be wrong. > >> > >I believe that was meant sarcastically I could be wrong, though. Yes, it was sarcastic. When the show first started, people decided that the head museum was a reference to "Hall Of Heads," and the Destination Moon ride at Luna Park was a reference to the song of the same name. It then became somewhat of a running joke to insist that something on the show with an incredibly minor resemblance to a TMBG song was a reference. I guess you weren't around for that. -- Relaxing on my hands and knees, relaxing on my face, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000113035459.23460.qmail@web123.yahoomail.com> Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 19:54:59 -0800 (PST) From: "Robert J. Plass" Subject: TMBG: "Hovering Sombrero" mp3's - New Dial-A-Song song!!! Hello exquisite living people, I posted some mp3's from the new Dial-A-Song song, "Hovering Sombrero". You can find them at: http://i.am/announcement/ Click where it says, "Hovering Sombrero". Love, Rob Plass __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #25-13 ******************************