Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #25-15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 25, Number 15 Saturday, 15 January 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: malcom stats TMBG: Re: malcom stats TMBG: Space Suit on WPR Re: TMBG: Space Suit on WPR -Reply Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 03:24:00 EST Subject: TMBG: malcom stats dude, this is... woah. *** For the week of January 3rd through 9th 2/ 17 ER [NBC] 3/ - WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE (Sunday) [ABC] 5/ - SUGAR BOWL: FLORIDA STATE VS. VIRGINIA TECH [ABC] 6/ 11 FRASIER [NBC] 7/ - MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE [FOX] 8/ 13 FRIENDS [NBC] *** sarah ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:00:50 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <387F5642.B03A614A@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: malcom stats The true test is what the ratings will be like next week, when it's not a debut show and people aren't just checking it out to see if the ads for it were any good. "I'd rather be whistling in the dark," -A LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > > dude, this is... woah. > > *** > For the week of January 3rd through 9th > 2/ 17 ER [NBC] > 3/ - WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE (Sunday) [ABC] > 5/ - SUGAR BOWL: FLORIDA STATE VS. VIRGINIA TECH [ABC] > 6/ 11 FRASIER [NBC] > 7/ - MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE [FOX] > 8/ 13 FRIENDS [NBC] > *** > > sarah ------------------------------ From: CJ Kucera Message-Id: <200001141700.LAA22436@scortch.unisrv.net> Subject: TMBG: Space Suit on WPR Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:00:15 -0600 (CST) I woke up this morning to Wisconsin Public Radio, and as it turns out the news was on. Well, on WPR, they have little (maybe 15 seconds) music interludes occasionally inbetween news items. And what did I hear amidst my brain's desperate attempts to stay in bed? Space Suit! It was quite surreal. Of course, there was no mention of TMBG, but that's to be expected. Hm. What a pointless story. ah, well. -CJ Cyborg J. Kucera "Stare at the illiterate piggy!" - Jhonen Vasquez WOW: Rhapsody | http://www.emgraphics.net/pez/wow | pez@unisrv.net ------------------------------ From: CJ Kucera Message-Id: <200001141727.LAA23420@scortch.unisrv.net> Subject: Re: TMBG: Space Suit on WPR -Reply Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:27:41 -0600 (CST) Richard (rhilton@bitc.org.uk) said: > Please tell me; do the music interludes tie in with the news stories or > are they randon music snippets? Are they they sometimes shorter than > 15 seconds? Do you have any idea why they do it? And most importantly > does it work?! Bet you are glad you posted the story! They're pretty much just random snippets. Most of the time they just have some jazz or classical. TMBG kinda stood out 'cause it's the first time I've heard them play something not "REAL music." I think it's done just to sort of keep people's attention. If your mind's off somewhere else and all of a sudden there's some wild trumpet solo going on, you'll probably pay more attention to what happens afterwards. Or, I suppose, maybe it's just something they like to do. *shurgs* There could be some office pool or something. "Oh, it's Joe's turn to pick the interludes." Have fun DJing! -CJ Cyborg J. Kucera "Stare at the illiterate piggy!" - Jhonen Vasquez WOW: Rhapsody | http://www.emgraphics.net/pez/wow | pez@unisrv.net ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #25-15 ******************************