Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #25-20 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 25, Number 20 Thursday, 20 January 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Re: Millionare TMBG: M2 a-z TMBG: NON: tmbg--The Ocean Blue TMBG: It's about 93 million miles away TMBG: LTW Liner Notes...can anyone help? Re: TMBG: LTW Liner Notes...can anyone help? TMBG: Malcolm Mania Sweeps Nation TMBG: (Ignore That!) Re:Malcolm Mania Sweeps Nation Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: MsTanbul@aol.com Message-ID: <95.35c7a9.25b6ff2e@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 06:51:10 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Millionare I hope you all were being facetious. TMBG, despite the popularity of WDTSS, had a slim chance of any influence. I knew the distance before I knew the song. But, ya never know.... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.20000119103846.0091aa40@oscar.cc.gatech.edu> Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 10:40:00 -0500 From: the hanged man Subject: TMBG: M2 a-z So I tuned in just to look this morning, and it M2 had just played a song called "Doe." Does anyone know if they played "Doctor Worm?" the hanged man ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3885E037.E0E6CBCE@st.com> Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:03:03 -0700 From: Russ Josephson Organization: STMicroelectronics, Inc Subject: TMBG: NON: tmbg--The Ocean Blue I know that there are some fans of The Ocean Blue on this list and I have some news! There is a new album out, called "Davey Jones Locker". It looks like TEB (just like TMBG) were dumped from their record label. Their new album is apparently self-produced and marketed. I got a post card last month advertising it, sent $14 and got my CD yesterday. It still features Oed Ronne, but I haven't finished listening yet. Oh, the address is: The Ocean Blue/P.O. Box 363/Hershey, PA 17033/USA Here's the UBL entry for TOB: http://www.ubl.com/links.asp?mode=websites&artistid=3839&p_id=P++++13846 ======================================================================== Russ Josephson http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 Berthoud, Colorado, USA mailto:russj@juno.com "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" -- 2 Nephi 25:23 ======================================================================== ------------------------------ From: JJRRutgers@aol.com Message-ID: <79.b29692.25b7484d@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:03:09 EST Subject: TMBG: It's about 93 million miles away I didn't even realize that obscure TMBG reference! You know you're addicted to TMBG when you're finding references in game shows!!! Anyway, remember when Flans said it was 96 million miles and everyone corrected him on that? He said, "I never thought I'd be playing a show for a bunch of New York Times fact checkers out there! Cool down folks, it's just a rock show!" Someone should mention the TMBG reference to the folks at ABC, they'd love it. Or better yet, find the winner's email and send him an MP3 of the file, that would be cute. Now the next million dollar question: "What makes up the nuclear reactions that cause the heat and light of the sun?" A. Estrogen B. Estrogen C. Estrogen D. More estrogen Regis: "Is that your final answer?" Winner: "Yes, it's about 93 million miles away, and that's why it looks so small." ------------------------------ From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: <75.d1fcf7.25b77933@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:31:47 EST Subject: TMBG: LTW Liner Notes...can anyone help? Alright, I went to check out the LTW Liner Notes: http://www.emusic.com/promo/tmbg/LongTallWeekend_notes.pdf but nothing shows up. Does anyone know why, and how I can fix this? Thanks. PR Mega ------------------------------ Date: 19 Jan 2000 18:37:42 -0800 Message-ID: <-1263815436ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: LTW Liner Notes...can anyone help? On Thursday, March 9, 1939, PRMega@aol.com wrote: >Alright, I went to check out the LTW Liner Notes: > >http://www.emusic.com/promo/tmbg/LongTallWeekend_notes.pdf > >but nothing shows up. Does anyone know why, and how I can fix >this? Thanks. > >PR Mega > Sounds like you need Adobe Acrobat Reader. (Anything that ends with ".pdf" can be opened with it.) If they don't have a link to it on EMusic, you can find it somewhere at adobe.com. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: 19 Jan 2000 21:06:18 -0800 Message-ID: <-1263806520ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Malcolm Mania Sweeps Nation I read today that Malcolm in the Middle did extremely well in the ratings. It was the second most watched series premiere in FOX history. 22 million people saw the show. That means 22 million people heard the music of TMBG on Sunday evening! -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: 19 Jan 2000 21:22:05 -0800 Message-ID: <-1263805573ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: (Ignore That!) Re:Malcolm Mania Sweeps Nation Ignore that message... It was an old one that I sent last week. My email program put it in a "sent messages" folder and I must have hit "send" instead of "delete". Anyway, according to Fox's TV commercial for the show, the final number was actually something like 33 million. I didn't read the numbers for the second show. Hopefully it scored big too. Also, I was wondering if it keeps doing well, maybe the Johns might make an appearance. Y'know, a tiny part as a mailman or something. -B O N G O On Thursday, March 9, 1939, Bongo wrote: > > I read today that Malcolm in the Middle did extremely well in >the ratings. It was the second most watched series premiere in >FOX history. 22 million people saw the show. That means 22 >million people heard the music of TMBG on Sunday evening! ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #25-20 ******************************