Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #25-25 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 25, Number 25 Tuesday, 25 January 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: tmbg, a cover band Re: TMBG: New Linnell Dates TMBG: TMBG Web Sites Re: TMBG: MITM Re: TMBG: MITM Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <20000124131238.79767.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg, a cover band Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:12:38 GMT sarah wrote: >last night, in an attempt to fall asleep, i tuned my clock radio to one of >those AM oldie-classics stations (y'know the kind?).. i heard "lady is a >tramp" followed by "gettin' sentimental over you." the latter, i didn't >even realize tmbg did as a cover (or maybe i did know that, i just >forgot?). > made me kinda wonder what percentage of tmbg's songs are not written by >tmbg. humm. int'resting? dunno. (but i do know that i like TMBG's >'sentimental..' much better than the original. :)) According to the Then liner notes, the song was written by George Bassman and Ned Washington, and "adapted" by TMBG. -- Relaxing on my hands and knees, relaxing on my face, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <200001241546.KAA21796@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: Re: TMBG: New Linnell Dates Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:46:13 -0500 (EST) Does anyone know how difficult it is to get from the bus or train station in Philadelphia to this Khyber Pass place? Thanks, Matt > > In a message dated 1/22/00 6:31:42 PM Pacific Standard Time, MuseKJ@aol.com > writes: > > << Hi again everybody: > > Linnell and the Statesmen will perform at the following shows: > > February 26th -- Philadelphia at Khyber Pas >> > > Muse, you left out one important word...Khyber Pass PUB. 21+ only place > (as far as I can remember, but im pretty sure that's right.) > > Here's some more info on the place, and a link to a map on how to get there... > > Khyber Pass Pub > 54 S 2nd St. > Philadelphia, PA > (215) 440-9683 > > http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_find?screen=ia-map-result&link=ia-map-resul > t&event=find_search&address=54+S+2nd+St.&city=Philadelphia&state=PA&zip=&count > ry=&Search=Map > Jon > ------------------------------ Date: 24 Jan 2000 15:57:16 -0000 Message-ID: <20000124155716.4431.qmail@musone.chek.com> From: "Shaun Peck" Subject: TMBG: TMBG Web Sites Hey, I'm putting together a list of TMBG websites for future posting on a new page I'm making. I'd welcome any suggestions on what sites to include and reasons why you like them. Address your email to the addy below. Thanks! makebase@tmbg.org -- IM screenname makebase Signup for your FREE Houston Astros Fan E-Mail account at http://www.astrosfan.net! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:37:11 -0500 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <388C7FB7.E99C017@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: MITM I love the little TMBG surprises in the show. I really like the show...it doesn't really require me to think on a Sunday night. YAY! As for my favorite character, I'm going to have to go with Dewey. He's adorable!! "I'd rather be whistling in the dark," -A HeYAnArChY@aol.com wrote: > > Francis is definitely cool. He's cute too ;) With Malcolm in close second as > far as favorite characters go... > I look forward to finding out what song they'll stick in the next episode! > > Lydia > Whose head has been falling off since 1837 ------------------------------ Date: 24 Jan 2000 19:23:25 -0800 Message-ID: <-1263380693ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: MITM On Monday, March 13, 1939, Ian The Bold wrote: >This show was definitely the most funny of the three that have aired so far. Although I'm not that impressed with the show overall, I agree last night's was show was the most entertaining and funniest. Or maybe I'm catching on to the feel of the show. I hated the military school big brother in episode two (can't remember his name.) I wanted to smash his smarmy face in but he wasn't so bad this time. I guess he's SUPPOSED to be a brat. Anyway, onto the TMBG stuff. Yep hearing TMHFO was another pleasant shock. There was some other TMBG stuff in there too. There was at least one little instrumental piece at the beginning of the show that must have been TMBG. Then, when they are driving backwards, military kid says,"I hate this 80's crap" about a song on the radio. That song sounded like Flans. Then he switches to a another station that's playing some Kid Rock-ish type thing. (That could have been a Flans parody also.) Thing is, they were both so hard to hear because they were talking over it. Listen to it again and tell me what you think. -B O N G O ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #25-25 ******************************